The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏 [2020]

21 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

oooooo yes yes....after XuJin.....its Wu BaiQi for me :wow:

he is really handsome here....u know some guys just look good in period drama!!!

Yes... Only certain look suit period drama with the role of general n princely look. N i love them with their hair neatly tie ip rather than the half up half down hairdo. Both zzh n wys looks very look. Wys is a surprise this time. Zzh is just born to do period drama. He is my top 3 favourite. Since his role as lfy i m hooked. So far i cant explore his modern dramas yet. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
7 minutes ago, SnT said:

Yes... Only certain look suit period drama with the role of general n princely look. N i love them with their hair neatly tie ip rather than the half up half down hairdo. Both zzh n wys looks very look. Wys is a surprise this time. Zzh is just born to do period drama. He is my top 3 favourite. Since his role as lfy i m hooked. So far i cant explore his modern dramas yet. 

same.....some how Zhang ZheHan modern look doesnt appeal to me as much as his period look does lols

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 hours ago, SnT said:

Another something sweet between them:

https://m.weibo.cn/u/1853183073?uid=1853183073&luicode=10000011&lfid=100103type%3D1%26amp%3Bq%3D%23如意芳霏#&video

By the way, zhi hui is consort shu maid. Hahaha 

Ooo looks like he’s come home or she’s gone to visit him at the camp.  

I’ll watch gals & will  recap if time permits or summarise ( I am gonna be busy these 2 days ) Because I hv a few thousand dramas :Mimed: and can’t afford the time to watch one shot  . @NiteWalker i hv to hold on to my baby Johnny’s drama . I’m up to eps5 . Think I’ll only resume that when Ruyi is done. Lol! 

Anyway I saw some spoiler about how they met in the modern times . It was shot in a hospital. Hope we get to see these special episodes 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ooo looks like he’s come home or she’s gone to visit him at the camp.  

I’ll watch gals & will  recap if time permits or summarise ( I am gonna be busy these 2 days ) Because I hv a few thousand dramas :Mimed: and can’t afford the time to watch one shot  . @NiteWalker i hv to hold on to my baby Johnny’s drama . I’m up to eps5 . Think I’ll only resume that when Ruyi is done. Lol! 

Anyway I saw some spoiler about how they met in the modern times . It was shot in a hospital. Hope we get to see these special episodes 

i havent start on johnny boy either....i waiting for saturday to bing thru Ruyi

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Beautifulthing said:

The New Still Cut, why do I feel sad seeing this lol

I think ruyi did a good job with the cinematography for drama of this genre. Many scenes n shots r well thought through. In fact characters are also very well developed.. I can slowly see FR look as more mature compared to before marriage, can see her starting to be more reliable n dependendable. Unlike wedding night episode, I believe the coming few episodes it is not about her not trusting him but more in her being protective over him n all the things she love like her family n ruyi pavilion. We Can see ahnwan turning dark, we can see fx turning daring n n cheekier n wbq of course went through n huge development  from a brat to a matured general. That is why the drama is interesting n has certain depth that captured us. Definitely better done than loyx in a lot of ways. I get a feeling is yunxi was done with the usual formula  n it just si happen to get hot. This ruyi comes with more planning, thoughts n maybe more budget. 

I hv been looking at their names too. I believed a good script or story writers will look into their names too with developing the character. In chinese:

ahnwan xu ping actually his name means safe n stable. He was meant to live a relaxed carefree life. 

Su means solemn n serious. Another meaning is purge out corruption. Jin is a big name. Jin has a dynasty in china n also it means progress. Move upwards move forward. I think it suits xu jin very well. 

Rong here is about abiity to hold. To things, ability to hold n take up a lot of things. Rong also mean look.. Good look n dignified look. Rong is definitely a good name for a consort o empress. 

Just a fun thought of how the characters are like in this show. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
16 hours ago, SnT said:

Its ok... We still hv 27 n 28 to buffer before 29 30...

N you r right if it happens earlier means that they hv more episodes at the end to close up properly. Instead of 1 episode to rushly close up. Hopefully they hv at least 2 to 3 episodes to sweetly close n show lots of weddings, family time, couole time n at lesdt a pregnancy, if not baby in drama. 

I hope you are right @SnT Episode 25 & 26 was such a disappointment for me. I didn't enjoy it. I need someone else's opinion on what went down with Marquis Yiding.  I FFw a lot for these two episoded. Only OTP was worht watching. *Crying    * 

Spoiler

I am so confused. Am I to believe that WBQ's father did love him somewhat. But he tried to kill him before and then prevented him from entering Study OF DOOM!!!! The way he consoled his other son disgusted me. I wished he tried to kill him again because then I can understand his character. 

I am so confused. Princess Screechy sure is pathetic and is NOW ANNOYING FOR ME. FR tried to help her and she did start to like her but the fact she was spoiled rotten, just turned her brain to mush. lol lol

@abs-oluteM I admire that you had the patience to watch the whole episode.

I kept FFW it. 

I did love how scare Prince Cheng looked. After the death of Marquis Xiding. Lol lol He was so pathetic since the Marquis died. 

Prince Ahn is so annoying and manipulating the Emperor. 

@NiteWalker said "same.....some how Zhang ZheHan modern look doesnt appeal to me as much as his period look does lols " I agree chingu 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 minute ago, HerManyShows said:

Episodes 25 & 26 - if this really is the end of Princess Screechy's obsession with XJ then, wow   FR and XJ worked together to deal with it and I loved it.  Hoping this type of transparency continues, but let's be real - I've seen the previews of Ep 29 & 30 - aaand, I don't think so.

YESSSSSS...on the earlier eps..i was thinking when all these "princess screechy" will end....FINALLY...let's move on!!!:thinking:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Can someone please whisper in the emperor's ear an arranged marriage between Princess Screechy and the Phantom of the Opera?

Seems like a marriage made in hell heaven to me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

5 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Can someone please whisper in the emperor's ear an arranged marriage between Princess Screechy and the Phantom of the Opera?

Seems like a marriage made in hell heaven to me. 

I would love to do that @40somethingahjumma  He is just to dumb. I want him to be told to his face he is DUMB. He actually believes his brother loves him. ITis so sad he can't tell who is on his side and who is playing him. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@UnniSaraFX explained it. Xindu marquis is not a good man. He had done many wrong to wbq n his mother but he is not remorsed at all.. He mever felt wrong from doing the things that the does. Because he choose greed m power over family. 

But the last min sending wbq away from the bomb site is just whatever it is left in  him as a human, a father. Even a tiger would not eat his cubs idiom applied here. Its like the worst human being will still stop at harming their off springs. 

So what she is saying is what wbq did was not wrong at all. But he just need to recognise that his father make a final choice of not harming him that's all. What he did last moment, does mot make it guiltless n excusable for all his prev actions as a father, husband or court official. Just forgive, no need to dwell on it anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Sad 1

Fx n wbq are so good for each other. She is level head n can absolutely control him so that he doesn't do anything extreme n rash.. He is capable n smart, sweet n kind n go all lengths to protect her. N he appreciate her intelligence n her being capable make sure she have fun n relaxed. Perfect husband n wife combo. Actually i actually enjoy their love story here more than xj fr which has too many angst caused by others in their lifes. I would love to see xj fr being together solving issues like how they did w screechy n the beginning 18 episodes, But guess the story is not scripted that way. Or do we still hv hope in last 10 episodes. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 7
5 minutes ago, SnT said:

Fx n wbq are so good for each other. She is level head n can absolutely control him so that he doesn't do anything extreme n rash.. He is capable n smart, sweet n kind n go all lengths to protect her. N he appreciate her intelligence n her being capable make sure she have fun n relaxed. Perfect husband n wife combo. Actually i actually enjoy their love story here more than xj fr which has too many angst caused by others in their lifes. 

:love:You are right. and they way WBQ look at FX really admired and in love. love their interaction in ep 26..when he helped her to find 7colors?!?...hehehe

Edited by Yana
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

It occurs to me from these last two episodes that one of the reasons why Prince An's schemes don't generally work because it is predicated on certain assumptions about Xu Jin. There's no doubt that he causes problems... he is a troublemaker and does serious damage but having done all that he seldom achieves his actual goals. The reason being is that while he has some understanding of how the emperor thinks, he really doesn't know Xu Jin all that well. He has an erroneous view that Xu Jin is some kind of ambitious scoundrel. I think it's convenient for him to think that way so that he has someone to blame for his mother's death. Just thinking about how he convinces the emperor to give Xu Jin back the leadership of the Imperial Guards on the proviso that he divorces Fu Rong tells me that he really doesn't understand what makes Xu Jin tick. Prince An has demonized XJ in his own mind that he simplistically... and ridiculously believes that XJ would give up Fu Rong in order to be reinstated to his old position. He is so obsessed with vengeance that he has forgotten or ignored one of the fundamental things in warfare --Know your enemy. In his case he doesn't know the first thing about his "enemy" or even if XJ is really an enemy. A 12-year-old boy knocking over a candle and setting fire to a temple is hardly a monstrous enemy.

The kindest thing I can say about Prince An is that he is simple-minded... of course other words spring to mind... Does he really believe that if he manages successfully to separate XJ and FR, that somehow she will end up with him? Or that the emperor will allow him to marry her? Won't this pass the parcel game look a tad suspicious? There's no guarantee that those outcomes are certain. In large part his character that makes so little sense to me. He is so self-centred to the point of where no one can take him seriously.

The other thing that frustrates me about Prince An is that he gets in the way of XJ getting the job done consistently. I suppose he doesn't give a damn about corruption or what that does to the country. All he cares about is his revenge. Hard to have an iota of respect for someone like that. But also in the long run his vendetta against XJ will have unpleasant ramifications for FR. It will most certainly put her in jeopardy. 

I don't want the third party to be an outright scumbag. He should have some redeeming qualities. Apart from being nice to FR, he doesn't seem to have any. But even him being nice to her is tainted by his agenda to break up XJ and FR to possess her.

Although I rolled my eyes whenever Screechy threw a tanty, I suppose her intrusion is something that had to happen. As far as I'm concerned she's largely irrelevant and I suspect the show agrees with me. :P She is irrelevant and has been relegated completely to irrelevance after her recent episode in the Su household trying to get XJ's attention and cause a wedge between them. Let's face it, she's no master schemer by any stretch of the imagination. She's a spoilt kid that has no boundaries or sense of proprietary whatsoever. It isn't that she met her match in FR, but honestly she hasn't got much between her ears to begin with. She's not even an amateur. Of course FR cottons onto quick and takes it all in her stride. 

The role she played in recent episodes I think only reinforces the point that not only would she be a terrible consort to XJ but XJ and FR are fairly secure in their affection for each other. Outside influences can only do so much but as far as they're concerned, they are sure about each other. Ultimately whether this marriage makes or breaks is really on them. People have tried to put pressure on them and are trying to put pressure on them without success as long as they're determined to hold it together. A pesky fly like Screechy registers only as a nuisance not really presenting herself as any kind of obstacle. Their marriage is a lovely thing if only other people would just leave them alone to get on with it. 

The other thing I really liked about the recent episodes is seeing FR thrive and mature not only as the lady of the house but also as a businesswoman, the head of Ruyi Pavilion. I love how she's experimenting to break new ground and diversify. Certainly it's something I'd like to see more of before the end. With Fu Xuan, it's good to see more of her mischievous or scheming side. She's always been very smart but was someone who needed to let loose a bit. Not necessarily live on the wild side but to be less conventional. The writer has really given this a great deal of thought in terms of character development for both these women.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.