Doctor Lawyer 닥터 로이어 [2022]

On 6/4/2022 at 8:39 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Gosh. That director is just a sick man. (This actor always plays this kind of roles , and IRL is pretty scandalous too) .  Of course evil director is desperate for funding , so he will do whatever it takes for these VIP surgeries.  Anyway, YiHan should have left this place a long time ago. The fact that he has to be a ghost surgeon for the director's son is unethical.

So true , he is always playing the villain.  DO you know he is in three drama's this year playing the bad guy. Lee Kyung-Young is in 4 drama this year ( Again My life, Doctor lawyer,Why Her, The King of Pigs). 

On 6/7/2022 at 7:11 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Me too. How could she have doubted him, I don't understand... He wanted to get married when the brother is better. Why would he want to kill the brother? Like what benefit he got from killing the brother?

I too was disappointed to at this character. I don't know why she doubts him and he kept her in the dark to save her . 

I felt bad he lost his mom too. Now he is out for revenge. 

@abs-oluteM  @ktcjdrama  Who do you think the heart went to???

I suspect  Jayden Lee or Lim Tae Moon.  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865485b055ff7c3f29d1

Shin Sung-Rok is so sexy and I look forward to his scenes a lot. He plays Jayden Lee well and from his first scene I swear I knew he was psycho. He is a true psychopath. I don’t think Han Yi Han should cooperate with him. He is a wild card and I don’t think HYH is a genius lawyer. 

Romance in this drama wasn’t even needed at all because it was a waste in my opinion.

Spoiler

She was about to marry him and I know for a fact she doesn’t even know his mom died. From the very first time they framed her fiancé, she believed stranger over her own man. Proof of that was when she sat behind the prosecutors. When she force him to explain himself, all I can think of ( IT’S NONE OF HEE BUSINESS WHY HE IS A LAWYER) He also gave her clues Including Hee Sunbae Baek Kang-Ho may also be in the pocket of Banseok Foundation & Hospital. 

Jo Da-Ram & Kang Dae-Woong believed and trusted him more than his own Fiancé. 

Now Goo Hyung-Sung who has an inferior Complex with anyone who has confidence and are good at their profession. Unlike he is the one who is a terrible SURGEON. Now he is using a robot to work on patients. Even with the robot he isn’t any good. Lol lol lol 

Hw has decided to upped his inferiority Complex with woman he is crushing on. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Ok, at least ep 3 and 4 were better. Still predictable but at least watchable. SSR's character is quite good. I think he makes the drama more interesting and I enjoy his scenes more than SJS haha. At the least, he is a foil to the evil director's son - they are fighting over a woman and SSR is winning lol.

The ex-girlfriend prosecutor - smh. Comparing her and OSJ in Why Her, one is heaven one is ground, as they say in chinese. It turned out that she really believed that HJH killed her brother after his forced acceptance of the plea deal. After 5 years, she now has the gall to accuse him again and say that he should rot somewhere in regret instead of becoming a lawyer. How can she have so little understanding of his character if they were going to marry? Her character is irredeemable to me. So glad HYH spoke up and only now, she tries to ask questions/investigate.

So HYH announced on national television that he will represent anyone who wishes to file a malpractice suit against the hospital. There were some ridiculous cases, but one is legit - a girl went into surgery and her anesthesia wasn't properly done - she was aware but couldn't move or make noise. This is one of the worst scenarios to ever be in.

• Clapping Hands 2
On 6/13/2022 at 1:06 AM, UnniSara said:

abs-oluteM  @ktcjdrama  Who do you think the heart went to???

I suspect  Jayden Lee or Lim Tae Moon.  

Same here but I think Lim Tae Moon more likely.

On 6/13/2022 at 4:38 PM, UnniSara said:

She was about to marry him and I know for a fact she doesn’t even know his mom died. From the very first time they framed her fiancé, she believed stranger over her own man. Proof of that was when she sat behind the prosecutors. When she force him to explain himself, all I can think of ( IT’S NONE OF HEE BUSINESS WHY HE IS A LAWYER) He also gave her clues Including Hee Sunbae Baek Kang-Ho may also be in the pocket of Banseok Foundation & Hospital. 

Jo Da-Ram & Kang Dae-Woong believed and trusted him more than his own Fiancé. 

IKR...that's why I have such a hard time liking her or even remotely rooting for any sort of reunion between them. And I agree with @Chocolate's assessment about her too. In fact my blood boiled when I saw the preview for episode 5. I think the drama's dynamics between the two are gonna be like that throughout with her being constantly suspicious of or not trusting him. 

SSR's scenes were great. The drama doesn't feel so flat now that this isn't going to be merely a show about  HanYiHan vs the Evil Director. Though I didn't expect him to be a rich psycho investor who's also a junkie. :laugh: And that ending scene of eps 4 shocked me. Is this some S&M stuff going on or what? Yuna is part of the main cast , and given she's the politician's daughter who has a vested interest in the new tech that is being developed, she won't die anytime soon.  

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

On 6/5/2022 at 5:11 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Ooo but it looks like SSR is the VIP patient that got the heart isn't it? 

From the hand close up it does look like his hand (I saw some comparison shots on twitter 🤣).

But I feel it doesn't make any sense if Jayden is the heart receipient. His lifestyle is too wild, he's a druggie and I don't think a heart transplant patient can mix their prescription drugs with other random drugs that Jayden is taking. He wears deep v-necks and there's no scar on his chest, unless his stylist forgot he's supposed to have a scar on his chest and gave him a deep v neck to wear 😅

Which brings me to my latest theory: Jayden has a sibling or twin who had heart surgery hahahaha

I'm starting to create my own makjang :heiboi:

Back to the drama. I felt ep 1-2 was so-so, because of plot, some absurd scenes that made little sense and there was no Shin Sung Rok 😌.

Ep 3 was better because they gave backstory to why and how Han Yi Han can arrive to court with a bag full of medical stuff to treat the guy. And the foreign maid actress was good, I liked how she told the little boy to get evidence without actually telling him, she just told him to press this button, the dinosaur will protect him. The maid scenes were the stand out for me in ep 3. 

Ep 4 made me want to ship Yoona and Jayden, they had sparks flying while they talked at the garden. But my unfinished ship fell apart at the end of ep 4 🙃. I want to know what happened in the penthouse. I don't think Jayden injured her, if not why would HYH want to work together with Jayden in the future as shown in ep 5 teaser. Bring on ep 5, I need answers for what happened that night! Aaaaa

I expected drama to be predictable, some parts are very predictable, overall it seems predictable but somehow they managed to make it a little bit less predictable by throwing cray2 Jayden Lee in the mix. 

• Clapping Hands 3

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

On 6/14/2022 at 10:37 AM, katakwasabi said:

Ep 4 made me want to ship Yoona and Jayden, they had sparks flying while they talked at the garden. But my unfinished ship fell apart at the end of ep 4 🙃. I want to know what happened in the penthouse. I don't think Jayden injured her, if not why would HYH want to work together with Jayden in the future as shown in ep 5 teaser. Bring on ep 5, I need answers for what happened that night! Aaaaa

What is Jayden up too?? What is his goal? Why is he working with Director Gu? 

He concotted a drug overdose to ensnare Doctor Han. at least Docotr Han is smart and caught on to Jayden scheme.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

What is Jayden up too?? What is his goal? Why is he working with Director Gu? 

He concotted a drug overdose to ensnare Doctor Han. at least Docotr Han is smart and caught on to Jayden scheme.

Jayden is a lobbyist. He's after money. He invested in the hospital several years ago, but based on their convo in ep 4 Director Gu suddenly want to back out of whatever deal they made before. So Jayden said he'll come up with a new contract, and he'll make sure he gets the money he invested and the benefits. After he gets his money back, he probably wants the hospital to crumble to the ground together with Director Gu.

Doctor Han was unfortunately not smart enough because he signed the lawyer contract without reading it. But it makes good drama for us, if Dr Han read it, Jayden-Dr Han team up probably won't ever happen and Dr Han needs someone with power on his side to make his revenge plan work. Sometimes it's beneficial for the plot to have characters not thinking soundly. Like Dr Han not reading the contract, the prosecutor barging in without a warrant and hyunsung with his jealous antics haha 🤣.

On the other hand, I was right Jayden didn't hurt Yuna. She fell and hurt her head. Pheww. I can rebuild my evil couple ship 😌.

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Is there anyone who likes her? I was really annoyed when she shouted at Yihan and had to be TOLD before she would believe him. And when told that her precious prosecutor boss was bribed by Director Gu, she says "it can't be" 🙄

7 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Yay ratings increased this week 😎

Haha, it is getting more interesting and Jayden is a big factor.

• Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
6 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Is there anyone who likes her? I was really annoyed when she shouted at Yihan and had to be TOLD before she would believe him. And when told that her precious prosecutor boss was bribed by Director Gu, she says "it can't be" 🙄

I think for now we won't like her but Yi Han is still in love with her. It is so sad and he feel extremely guilty for what happened to her brother. It wasn't his fault, sadly he did all those ghost operations for her and her brother. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I think for now we won't like her but Yi Han is still in love with her. It is so sad and he feel extremely guilty for what happened to her brother. It wasn't his fault, sadly he did all those ghost operations for her and her brother. 

I'm sad he is still in love with her. Yihan speaks so gently most of the time, while she is screeching/shouting or wailing/crying most of the time. It's quite jarring.

I'd rather watch Jayden and Yuna. They seem made for each other. Hyunsung is too "innocent" for those 2 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

I'd rather watch Jayden and Yuna. They seem made for each other. Hyunsung is too "innocent" for those 2 😂

I'm all for Jayden-Yuna. After they finish using each other, I hope they remain together hahahaha

But maybe after both serve time in jail for a bit. I have a feeling these 2 will do whatever they need to get whatever they want 😅

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

His voice is   and the lyrics suit Han Yi Han. Has the song been played in the drama? I don't remember hearing it yet~

*waving hands* hai @katakwasabi . chingu,

:YesHalCat: it has been a factor. to listen this song, click on the link below.

source:

• Like 5

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

After finishing Woori The Virgin where ISH is also a lead, I am now able to continue watching this drama. Ep.3-4 is so much more interesting, must be because of the appearance of SSR as Jayden Lee. He is charismatic as always in his role and definitely made watching the drama more bearable. 

There are still several minor things that made me shake my head while watching, but I think I'll be able to plough through just to watch SSR. Not able to follow the politicking by the Director, but it's also something I can gloss through. I still think the FL character is very poorly written though. Urgh!

Anyway, on to the next episode...

• Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

There are still several minor things that made me shake my head while watching, but I think I'll be able to plough through just to watch SSR. Not able to follow the politicking by the Director, but it's also something I can gloss through. I still think the FL character is very poorly written though. Urgh!

Yes, SSR makes quite a big difference. He is like an "endearing" villian 😆 I'm also not sure if he is a villian through and through. We know he needs to bring down Banseok's share price to get the shares, but why would he want Banseok to collapse because then those shares will be worth nothing. Do you think he has some other vendetta?

In order for the share price to drop, likely that Alzheimer's medicine is not going to work. That would affect Yuna right? Will this be a conflict for him eventually? I like Yuna, that girl has character - she's no pushover. She seems to be trying to do the right thing by the company. Got to say, Jayden has the best way to NOT propose 😆

img.gif

Agree that the FL is not well written. The role is improving though, now that she has gotten over believing Yi Han killed her brother. As a prosecutor, she is now very useful. But I think the actress spoils it somewhat too. Her acting has a limited range - crying always include wailing, sad is staring into space and fierce is just a glare.

Eps 7 and 8 were quite exciting. The drama is getting better!

img.gif

All GIFs from silvertrhee.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Clapping Hands 1

‘Doctor Lawyer’ So Ji-sub faces the shocking truth. "Vengeance will burn"

Reporter Jang Su-jeong

In 'Doctor Lawyer', actor So Ji-sub learns a shocking truth.

On the 30th, MBC's Friday-Saturday drama 'Doctor Lawyer' revealed some of the contents ahead of the 9th episode.

In the previous episode of 'Dr. Lawyer', Han Yi-han (So Ji-sub), who returned as a lawyer specializing in medical litigation, regained his doctor's license and foretold an all-out war with Gu Jin-gi (Lee Kyung-young).

0002617258-001-20220701055701325-2.jpg
Celltrion Entertainment, Mongjakso

Han Yi-Han was a promising thoracic surgeon, and with his excellent skills, he saved countless patients who were on the verge of death. There was a lover, Geum Seok-young (Im Soo-hyang), who promised a future, and Geum Seok-young's younger brother was also saved through a heart transplant. Then he suddenly fell into the abyss because of a papule. In response, Han Yi-han is putting pressure on Jin-ki Gu by defending the medical lawsuits related to Banseok Hospital, headed by Jin-ki Gu. Jaden Lee (Shin Seong-rok), a mysterious man looking for Jin-gi's weakness for another purpose, and Geum Seok-yeong, a prosecutor who is trying to uncover the secret of his one and only brother's death, are trying to tighten Jin-gi's breath in various ways.

Among them, the production team of 'Dr. Lawyer' predicted, "Han Yi-han, who became the incarnation of revenge, will learn the shocking truth of the past that he did not know at all." The production team said, "In episode 9, the shocking truth that can only be connected with Han Yi-han's past, Han Yi-han's present, and Han Yi-han's future will be revealed. As she learns this truth, Han Yi-han's revenge will burn even stronger. Please pay attention to what the shocking truth is, how Han Yi-han will find out, how this will affect Han Yi-han's revenge in the future, and what overwhelming acting So Ji-sub will portray in this important story." Broadcast at 9:50 p.m.

source:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/119/0002617258

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tumblr-a52170047c85addbb07002a7fd148c1a-

Doctor Lawyer Episode 9 Recap and Review: A Deeper Past

Archi Sengupta

Doctor Lawyer (닥터 로이어) is a Korean law-drama TV series directed by Lee Yong-seok and stars So Ji-sub, Lim Soo-hyang and Shin Sung-rok, alongside other cast members. The series has 16 episodes and takes over MBC’s Friday-Saturday 10 PM KST timeslot previously occupied by Tomorrow. Doctor Lawyer episode 9 has a runtime of 61 minutes. 

Yo-sub’s entry into Yi-han’s life again adds a sense of relief in Doctor Lawyer episode 9. Unbeknownst to him, Yo-sub might just have deeper motivations – at least that’s what the series wants us to believe at first. As Seok-yeong keeps an eye on Mi-sun, Yi-han starts the surgery. At the same time, Hyuk-chul’s trial also starts, without Yi-han.

Thanks to that hand injury earlier, unfortunately, Yi-han is having a tough time doing the surgery thanks to his arm when Yo-sub takes over for him. As a breathtaking surgery takes place, Seok-yeong pushes the trial by an hour but Hyuk-chul doesn’t look too happy about it.

doctor-lawyer-episode-9-1-1068x538.jpg

Still From Doctor Lawyer Episode 9

Seok-yeong frantically calls Yi-han but to no avail. In the end, as the judge is about to push the trial to another day, Eun-sil proposes to represent him, shocking not only Seok-yeong and Jayden but also the judge. He gives Hyuk-chul 10 minutes to decide on what to do and in the meantime, Jayden asks Seok-yeong whether their plan really is foolproof.

As Yi-han rushes to the court with Jung-hyun in tow, Hyuk-chul is confronted with something shocking from Eun-sil to force him to change his mind. However, when the judge asks him his decision, he says he won’t change his lawyer and Yi-han gets there just in time to deliver the good news that the surgery was successful.

As the trial goes on and shocking things come to light, everyone is left baffled. Seok-yeong calls Jin-gi to the witness stand. After relentless questioning, Seok-yeong asks to question Hyuk-chul and Yi-han reminds him to hold up his end of the bargain. Hyuk-chul, obviously, backstabs Yi-han and acts like he’s insane halting court proceedings for the day. Unfortunately, Jin-gi goads the fact that he has one-upped Yi-han again and elsewhere, his men take Jun-hwan from him.

tumblr-eec06cd007c7511d9380db9f75d0e416-

Spoiler

doctor-lawyer-episode-9-3-1068x535.jpg

doctor-lawyer-episode-9-4-1068x537.jpg

doctor-lawyer-episode-9-5-1068x538.jpg

'tap for more'

source:

https://www.leisurebyte.com/doctor-lawyer-episode-9-recap-and-review/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

On 7/2/2022 at 2:28 PM, katakwasabi said:

And I still haven't got any new SSR drama news

Maybe he's the kind who likes to take long breaks in between, or go do a musical or variety show? Out of curiosity, did you watch all the Master In The House episodes with SSR? 😂

Yi Han is too nice a person. Good thing there is Jayden to do the necessary in this revenge business lol.

img.gif

This scene, I'm not sure I really believe that Jayden was sincere in his shock and "revulsion" on finding out that the Assemblyman Lim could have been the receipient of Seokju's heart. SSR does such a good "two-faced" look, I feel I must have some reservations so as not to get suckered haha.

Spoiler

img.jpg

But that will likely be a moot point at the end. Assemblywoman Yoon is an awful person. She even uses her child for her own gains. Thus, Yohan and team will be supporting Assemblyman Lim for the President eventually. I don't think he has Seokju's heart. I think that went to Yoon's PA - otherwise what would be the point of her opening his shirt and showing the scar - that's sexual harassment usually.

img.gif

All images and GIFs credit to silvertrhee

tumblr-8beb8d378f88af43d2a1647b9f3c7e45-

Doctor Lawyer Episode 10 Recap and Review: Fear Thy Mother

Doctor Lawyer episode 10 starts with Jayden filling Tae-moon in about Jin-gi’s attempt to deceive him by using a ghost doctor and about Yi-han’s own past as one for Hyun-seong. Tae-moon promises to make Jin-gi pay and Yu-na promises for him to meet Yi-han, something that he seems to be very interested in.

doctor-lawyer-episode-10-1-1068x532.jpg

Still From Doctor Lawyer Episode 

Cut to the present, Yi-han and Tae-moon come face to face with each other shocking all of them. When Yi-han confirms that he’s Hyun-seong’s ghost doctor, Seok-yeong looks like she can’t believe what she’s hearing. However, Tae-moon looks almost giddy with excitement and immediately asks Yi-han to be in charge of his heart.  

This would’ve sounded romantic, if, of course, he wasn’t talking about literally taking care of his heart.

Anyway, Yi-han agrees to the offer but Seok-yeong looks like someone slapped her right across the face for some reason. Later, after a quick checkup, Yi-han asks Tae-moon whether he has ever received a heart transplant. After a bit of deliberation and a nudge from Yu-na, he opens up about his surgery and says that it’s been 5 years since the incident. 

doctor-lawyer-episode-10-2-1068x537.jpg

Still From Doctor Lawyer Episode

Although Tae-moon probably doesn’t know the reason why Yi-han is asking him this, but Yi-han and the audience know that it lines up with Seok-ju’s death. So, is Tae-moon the person who received Seok-ju’s heart?Anyway, Yu-na stands up to her father and tells him to butt out of her life when it comes to her work and men.

Meanwhile, Seok-yeong is absolutely pissed at Jayden for giving away Yi-han’s secret but he says that it’s all for the greater good – he needs to be on top of things to have this project go smoothly for all concerned.

Jayden seems like he’s very interested to make Tae-moon the president instead of Mi-seon because of his greater reach internationally. However, when he shares his thoughts with Yi-han and Seok-yeong, they tell him about the events from 5 years ago.

Spoiler

doctor-lawyer-episode-10-3-1068x537.jpg

doctor-lawyer-episode-10-4-1068x536.jpg

doctor-lawyer-episode-10-5-1068x535.jpg

doctor-lawyer-episode-10-6-1068x531.jpg

doctor-lawyer-episode-10-8-1068x539.jpg

Stills From Doctor Lawyer Episode 

'view the source for further details.'

https://www.leisurebyte.com/doctor-lawyer-episode-10-recap-and-review/

• Like 4

ngcb1

Shin Sung-rok of "Doctor Lawyer" was spotted with full of passion for the work.  

Reporter Han Hae-sun    

Shin Sung-rok plays Jayden Lee, an independent lobbyist who is willing to throw himself into danger for success and thrill in MBC's Friday-Saturday drama "Doctor Lawyer", creating unpredictable twists and interests.

In this regard, behind-the-scenes cuts that create 'limited edition characters' by Shin Sung-rok have been released, drawing attention. He devotes himself to not miss the lines of the script regardless of the location, and shows infinite enthusiasm to reflect on the scene from facial expressions to eyes and gestures before the cue sign is heard, expresses opinions with the director, and creates the best scene. In addition, he runs to the monitor immediately after filming and does not forget monitoring, pouring out affection and enthusiasm for the work and his character.    

Above all, Shin Sung-rok's acting variations in each work maximize the sensibility of the drama and enhance the fun of watching. In addition, he interprets and expresses characters in its own color and draws different emotional lines from the character in the work in a dense manner, showing his dominance to the extent that it has an unrivaled presence and the modifier 'character absorption power'.

Accordingly, the character, which was created with Shin Sung-rok's detailed research and full effort, adds legitimacy and high persuasion, and is expected to develop.

source:

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2022070710132374893

• Like 4
  • Party! 1