The Princess and the Werewolf 郎君不如意 [2023]

Tofu

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I finally updated the first page for this drama, haha! Has anyone watched the episodes that aired yet? 

I watched 3 episodes last night. It's fusion sageuk retaining the weird modern style that Go Princess Go has. There are more scenes of FL than CZY especially ep1. In the beginning he covers his face so the emphasis on him acting with his eyes were prominent - love the eyes. Then he appears as the wolf when he met Qi Pa. It was a short scene, am glad since I notice his lower wolf teeth appear to look unnatural when he speaks. After that he was a beautiful human ❤️ so no complaints there... this style suited him more than his Xiao Yu Er's hairstyle.

As for plot, still so-so. It is meant to be light and romance focused. I look forward to see the part where Qi Pa finds out he lied to her. I saw cuts of CZY emoting and crying, and it looks good.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

er.........okie i need to learn how to watch him with another girl than hahahaha...im still not over him with ZLS

someone KILL ME!!

Cannot. I need you alive to watch this with me please.

I'm not over him with Lusi either but I think he filmed this before HL, so technically, Lusi is still the new ship. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

lols okie okie i will try to pick this up later....though no promise dearie....cause you knows how BIASED i am hahahahahaha

Be biased to CZY too 😆

I'm not watching for the FL and I'm also biased towards Lusi too coz she paired well with YY, Lei and now CZY

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Be biased to CZY too 😆

I'm not watching for the FL and I'm also biased towards Lusi too coz she paired well with YY, Lei and now CZY

not that sometimes i just cant see him romancing another person with the same dopey eyes.....lols...i wonder why i find it more acceptable for the female to change partner than it does for me with guys :lenny:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@NiteWalker Then how, Lusi matches well with so many co-stars. Do you collect all of them? LOL

42 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

not that sometimes i just cant see him romancing another person with the same dopey eyes.....lols...i wonder why i find it more acceptable for the female to change partner than it does for me with guys :lenny:

It's OK for girls because men have their fair share for centuries! LOL. There was a day or two I was so tempted to create a shipping thread for Lusi and CZY. But I convince myself not to bother because my ships never come true and I technically want the GeGe for myself...  :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@NiteWalker Then how, Lusi matches well with so many co-stars. Do you collect all of them? LOL

It's OK for girls because men have their fair share for centuries! LOL. There was a day or two I was so tempted to create a shipping thread for Lusi and CZY. But I convince myself not to bother because my ships never come true and I technically want the GeGe for myself...  :laugh:

ZLS with Lu Wei ❤️
ZLS with CZY ❤️

• Haha 2

@dramabler You don't need to. Go Princess Go is about her parents. It has some modern speech because the female lead in Go Princess Go came from the future and body swap with the queen (man into a woman's body) 😅, and probably influence the King and their daughter in their speech, including the love for durian. LOL. This story is separate from her parents.

@Tofu That's mostly makeup. They gave him a softer eyebrows when dressed as a woman and a thicker + sword-like brows when he's a man. Both are nice on him. Hahaha!

• Like 2

Yeah that "follow your heart" quite taken me  aback as well @dramabler 

@mademoiselle that angle looks good and I have no problems when he covers his face for that case. But I wonder how did he end up with that half-human half-wolf like that. I mean other people from his clan appears with normal human form. 😄 why he only can be fully human form at the day. Honestly, I have so many complaints about this drama, not just this one is written poorly and silly but the female lead acting compared to CYZ is just too bad. I don't feel for her at all. Also how couldn't she recognize him as LX?? How come? They just remove his black tattoo and other wolf parts when he is as KM. I mean I don't see tje writer or the director really care that us the viewers will notice that too easily. Lols. Then, I don't like his fangs when he becomes as KM. Seriously, that makes him hard when he speaks.

But overall, the idea of this drama is interesting, it's just the writing and the female acting are very disturbing for me. 😑 a bit OT, I wonder if this one also get adapted into kdrama, they would have better writing as we got like Mr. Queen. 

I skip a lot parts in every episodes but still understand the story, lols. But she is still playing hard to get so I keep watching. Lets see how if she accepts his love later, if it's still fun then I will continue. 😄

• Haha 2

@Alice Wonderland I'm watching it for GeGe, and don't care about their chemistry as much because I am still not over the Hidden Love ship. I'm watching because he's handsome in here as either the wolf king or human form. Hahaha! I'm also watching because I do like the Beauty & the Beast set-up and want to see how he's going to get himself out of this two identities mess. Of course, I want to see him emote especially after she finds out he's lying to her (the second time!).

I think she never made the connection of Lee Xiong and Kui Mu Lang is because she thought KML will always be in the wolf form. And yeah, the show still hasn't fully explained why he's turning into a wolf and why the time of him being in human form is less and less.

Yeah, his fangs made it hard for him to speak. He did say that in one of the BTS video of how long it takes in the makeup room for him to become the Wolf King. Poor thing doesn't eat dinner! He said he'd come in in the morning to do the makeup and then in the afternoon, eat lunch then put on the fangs at night before filming. He would then not eat dinner.

Maybe this has to be my regime to lose weight... but I love food!

• Clapping Hands 1

008ke-Jdggy1hgeav9bsgvj34802dcb2f.jpg

Oh dear, how is this going to work in Kui Mu Lang's favour when he's kissing her as Li Xiong??? :jiminbtssigh: Are you still watching, @Alice Wonderland @Maya? I assume @NiteWalker, this is not your cuppa. Haha! I am re-watching HL again from the start. Still not over it. Are you?

I feel like I am rediscovering some scenes/details I missed - which probably is because I wasn't paying as much attention when I watched in the beginning.

• Haha 3

@mademoiselle The writer really doesn't care about the story. If I must say they even don't have any common sense to take seriously here. It's just a sitcom drama sets in kingdom era rather than the actual period drama we often watch. And look at the queen's costume and the way she takes her skirt up to the king are really modern style. I know that ancient time r more polite and conservative. 🤣

I think the writer should give us a back story how she might travel to the future as her summer holiday, those the modern world like her mom's soul ever been. Cuz her country Daxia is just also another world which still sets in the past as well. 

Since I like gege, I watch this only for him. Of course I ffd lots of scenes so I can manage to all those nonsense safely. 

• Haha 1

@Alice Wonderland Yeah I don't take this drama (or Go Princess Go) seriously at all. Coz you just can't! 😅 I don't like those antics she tried to do either (dancing and showing her skin), but I'm turning a blind eye towards it.

Hahaha, there's no time travelling for Go Princess Go. We just have to assume all her thinking and speech as well as any futuristic/modern references are all taught by the mother.

I just finished episode 17. Interesting that Kui Mu Lang didn't turn into a wolf after he was injured and was unconscious. Was it because he was too weak/the magic sphere did something or because they confirmed their feelings for one another?—We don't know yet. Maybe I'll have my answer in episode 18.

There's one more thing I find silly. How can his half brother not recognise his own brother's original look? LOL. Makes no sense. Anyway, this show I'm really watching for Kui Mu Lang/Li Xiong. I want to know how Kui Mu Lang will win Qi Pa's over with his wolfie look. I want to see her fall for him as Kui Mu Lang as well, and then finds out later the men she loves are the one person. That's the most exciting/interesting conflict of this show.

BTW, Alice, I don't know if you have notice. Tofu have put two three new badges in the shop.

CZY-01.gif.903d49a0aea91b223ee289f7859e9CZY-02.gif.137380055590043c6d9d54f5af769CZY-03.gif.e56d131cbee75ca96283a3ef8ae8e (the difference between the middle & right is one is shorter than the other. Interested? 😊

P.S. The actress playing Hong Xiu (the cat) is actually quite cute, especially her makeup (the nose) and her hairstyle.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1