The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

2 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Second this, my fave is his black robe with a kind of small checked geometry embroidery of the same color on the body. He wore it on Porridge Gate Scandal scene while on a stallion.....:GengarCool:

I can't find any whole body pic of him wearing this robe.

The costumes in this drama is really great. Clean cut but luxurious in the understated tones. Not the flashy pretentious ways like the usual.

Agree 100%. His riding wesr makes him look very well built. Some if his home robes makes hia posture look old from behind. 

Our OTP's archenemy is the Ou Young Master and his snake of a wife. The Ou patriarch doesn't seems to be as shady as his oldest son. My take is most likely Ou Second Young Master will  succeed his old dad so Ou and Xu will be BFF.

I reckon old n young ou n his wife are snakes. Old man is the type if it os not 200% don move n his weakness is his younger son ou yx. Young ou keep wanting to show his ability to his dad because he is n still not name as the successor to the marquis title. He is terribly worry about ou yx. So the ore he want to prove himself the more mistakes he make. N his schemes becomes immature n fsncy listening to thsy wife of his. I would be worry more on the old marquis. He has fell lingyi father n brother before. He just hasn't move yet. 

I hope ou yx will be spared affer the family deed are exposed. Can see he js a gentleman who is kind n fair n supportive of lingyi cause for the sea ban lift. My feeling is either he is spared n take over as next marquis jingyuan title because it is a noble title of generations too but only turn rotten under this generation of ou. Or he choose to go back to travelling n trading everywhere. Hope he choose the former so 0111 has more friends n foes in court. He is too nice n handsome to hv a bad ending.n can see he longing look on shiyi lessen ad episode past by. Its more of a good friend. 

So i don hv sml syndrome but i really like him as personality. N love the way he is straightforward to 01. N 01 is so cute being jealous as a male to male thingy but not disliking him because he says i trust my wife discernment.. She says u r good, i trust her. Iron steel bucket this couple. 

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, SnT said:

I hope ou yx will be spared affer the family deed are exposed. Can see he js a gentleman who is kind n fair n supportive of lingyi cause for the sea ban lift. My feeling is either he is spared n take over as next marquis jingyuan title because it is a noble title of generations too but only turn rotten under this generation of ou. Or he choose to go back to travelling n trading everywhere. Hope he choose the former so 0111 has more friends n foes in court. He is too nice n handsome to hv a bad ending.n can see he longing look on shiyi lessen ad episode past by. Its more of a good friend. 

So i don hv sml syndrome but i really like him as personality. N love the way he is straightforward to 01. N 01 is so cute being jealous as a male to male thingy but not disliking him because he says i trust my wife discernment.. She says u r good, i trust her. Iron steel bucket this couple. 

i really hope that he went back to the former like what you said too.....he has been a good friend to ShiYi providing her with solution to come up help ErNiang....

of course he mop a bit and still felt a twig whenever he saw how loving in between HouYe and ShiYi is....especially at the beginning when this was expose and how HouYe purposely pull ShiYi to his sides to indirectly tell him that ShiYi belong to him.....

giphy.gif

still he is really a good person so far, and a fair one like HouYe, just too bad for him, he is 1 second too late and left things roll out on their own accord too much....

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, SnT said:

Fate. Haha... If he stayed longer on that fateful day of the escape day or arrive like 1 min a earlier she will likely his. Haha.... 

Uncut version 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMd6d7MADNH/?igshid=11gn25rn5pgke

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMeAxl1gQi8/?igshid=3tu3euor6sq9

Got a hotter version that got censor.. Aikksss 

hahaha the uncut version definitely **ahem** good!!!

• Haha 2
  • Party! 1

This drama is really well played by all of the casts. Despite wanted to strangle her badly, I give standing ovation to the Qiao Niang actress . The scene where she got exposed and the last confrontation between her and HouYe were excellently played. How she can't understand why she is in the wrong in doing all those things and how she is totally clueless of why HouYe has no feeling whatsoever toward her despite her outstanding qualities as a woman. She expressed it wonderfully. I want to whacked her face in anger and hugged her in compassion at the same time. Such a lost soul....

WC looks and acts great in ancient drama. He has the looks that suited ancient better than modern era. I know he is an extremely popular actor but this is my second time with him (the first being the modern drama with SunYi as his OTP that I watched with FF). He is totally at home as HouYe, a high ranking official matured man with a harem to boot....:PsyWhat:  I can't see anyone else can be casts as HouYe at this point. Tbh, this drama does romanticizing HouYe a lot. Because no man in that era can be that patient or as gentlemanly as HouYe in real life when it came to woman....:HaunterOK: So far I would say the peak of this drama acting wise would be the conversation that led to consummation. The hurts he feels that started when Shiyi thought of him as her mother's murderer right until ErNiang's revelation, all piling up, hardening but melting away at the sight of Shiyi pleading. Well played, well played.....:love:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

somehow i think QLF actually resigned to stay at the outskirts and praying is because she has given up...and there is no point to fight and try her damnest for something that will never be hers....

@OsmanthusTea yes you're right alot of drama and books nowadays had romanticizing the higher ranking official and make the emperor seems more human....than it seems to be....if they dont do it this way, i do not think anyone like us who had been living in the modern world for so long are able to accept the concept gracefully even though we all knew exactly that this is already in the past....

and most probably we will just turn away......and do not watch it at all lols....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

This drama is really well played by all of the casts. I give standing ovation to the Qiao Niang actress . The scene where she got exposed and the last confrontation between her and HouYe were excellently played. She expressed it wonderfully. I want to whacked her face in anger and hugged her in compassion at the same time. Such a lost soul....

WC looks and acts great in ancient drama. He has the looks that suited ancient better than modern era. 

I couldn't agree more. The actress is talented, she portrayed QLF so well. 

2 hours ago, SnT said:

Fate. Haha... If he stayed longer on that fateful day of the escape day or arrive like 1 min a earlier she will likely his. Haha.... 

Uncut version 

WC is arguably great when it comes to kissing scenes. 

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

somehow i think QLF actually resigned to stay at the outskirts and praying is because she has given up...and there is no point to fight and try her damnest for something that will never be hers....

That is one good POV if you look from that perspective/angle.

I look at things from a lot of POV. I am an engineer by profession and it's been a practice of mine to always look at things from different angles because that way I can interpret it better whether literally and figuratively.:hearties:

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

his previous drama with AngelaBaby was quite HOT...

The 💋 in his previous drama General and I was definitely 🔥. I almost couldn’t believe that a C-drama has that kind of kisses..and he is great in that drama too, and thus gain another fan😂😂

• Haha 5
11 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Talking about WC's kissing skills.....:smug: I heard his previous drama with AngelaBaby was quite HOT......I didn't watch though but heard lots of ooohhhh and aaahhhh from many people.....:PsyWhat:

The General and I is one of my fave cdramas. Try watching it and I hope you'll love it (like I do to the extent that I watch it once a year).:MewWave:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, SnT said:

Uncut version 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMd6d7MADNH/?igshid=11gn25rn5pgke

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMeAxl1gQi8/?igshid=3tu3euor6sq9

Got a hotter version that got censor.. Aikksss 

Ok this version of kisses is definitely 🥵 as well 🔥🔥🤭

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
13 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

The 💋 in his previous drama General and I was definitely 🔥. I almost couldn’t believe that a C-drama has that kind of kisses..and he is great in that drama too, and thus gain another fan😂😂

I am in the Zoom meeting and have to tighten my jaw to prevent the outburst of laughter when reading this comment.....:HaunterOK:

Regarding GnI, AB isn’t one of critical acclaimed actress but when it comes to making out on screen, she’s never shy away though so I can imagine.....:Ghastlel:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

General n i is very good. I hv no prob with him pairing Angela baby. She has a poker face in the drama (audience felt she cant act) because she is a highly intelligent military strategist that beat her hubby chu beijie played by Wallace. Again Wallace seems to live that era with his elegant demeanour as wangye n perfect general cum strategist.. Like here as our houye. That onebis more on armour n war etc. Herebis more politics n court. Kisses in general n i were smoking hot. Only negative point is the horrid green screen n many times the leads are kinda pasted together. Itvwas obvious so it rid the joy of watching. N there is a crazy stupid 13 episode separation when she lead him to believe she died. Again wallace acting was top notch. Ending was a HE. But too quickly wrapped up. 

I hope t&s gives us at least 2 episodes of life together after imprisonment n beheading drama. Their mundane family building story. N scenes of our houye w a baby esp if he has a daughter woll be perfect. Xu family are full of boys. We need a princess. I really hope the prison thingy will not last more than 2 episodes hehe

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

in the Zoom meeting and have to tighten my jaw to prevent the outburst of laughter

Haha..:eeeee: 

But seriously before that drama I thought that historical C-drama kisses usually quite chaste, unfeeling and 😇. Because of censorship.. 😂. So I was surprised when watch the scene. 

• Haha 5
59 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

Haha..:eeeee: 

But seriously before that drama I thought that historical C-drama kisses usually quite chaste, unfeeling and 😇. Because of censorship.. 😂. So I was surprised when watch the scene. 

Trust me, that's the only historical Cdrama with hot kisses......:PsyWhat: For modern drama, Love Is Sweet takes the cake....:GengarCool:

add.

AB was pregnant during GnI filming

Funny tidbit of WC on his kissing scenes....

A5-A67692-0-E9-C-4819-B06-E-A75-B4-D7566

Source:

https://sunshinewallacechung.wordpress.com/2017/02/16/wallace-and-angelababys-gi-interview-summaries/

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Talking about WC's kissing skills.....:smug: I heard his previous drama with AngelaBaby was quite HOT......I didn't watch though but heard lots of ooohhhh and aaahhhh from many people.....:PsyWhat:

Yes it was...ahahahah....I had to FF many parts because got so many parts that dragged. I wasn't happy with the middle part of the drama . He and Angelababy had good chemie  & the kisses were hawt. :pandacool:

He was also good in My Sunshine though there were a couple of forced kiss scenes that would not go down well with the audience. I dropped Memories of Love. . I prefer him in historical compared to modern dramas. You know when I first saw him ? In that HK movie with Lee Min Ho - Bounty Hunters. LOL

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

For modern drama, Love Is Sweet takes the cake..

Yes! Love Is Sweet was the first modern C drama I watched where the kissing scenes were next level. I was actually shocked because C dramas are usually quite reserved when it comes to kissing but with Love Is Sweet, they really went all out! 

What I look for in a good kissing scene is not only the way they kiss but the whole body language - the way they look at each other, where they put their hands, how their whole body shifts... because kissing IRL involves more than just the lips right?

And that's why I really liked this scene between Houye and Shiyi... the love and passion in their eyes, they way they kissed - passionate but also gentle, the way he adjusted his body to move in closer to her...ugh! PERFECTION!!!! :PsyWhat:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

3 hours ago, Mouse said:

Yes! Love Is Sweet was the first modern C drama I watched where the kissing scenes were next level. I was actually shocked because C dramas are usually quite reserved when it comes to kissing but with Love Is Sweet, they really went all out! 

What I look for in a good kissing scene is not only the way they kiss but the whole body language - the way they look at each other, where they put their hands, how their whole body shifts... because kissing IRL involves more than just the lips right?

And that's why I really liked this scene between Houye and Shiyi... the love and passion in their eyes, they way they kissed - passionate but also gentle, the way he adjusted his body to move in closer to her...ugh! PERFECTION!!!! :PsyWhat:

just watch my little happiness:pandalove:there is a lot kiss scene too:smug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1