The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

Exactly! Right?!

I still check out Jerry Yan's dramas just because I have a soft spot for him from MG.

Man, MG bring back so much memories. I watched when I was 5-6, my first c-drama. At that time, Jerry was a snob to me cause i didn’t understand why she didn’t like the nice guy :eeeee:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

I havebt watch go ahead because sing wei long doesn't really appeal to me hehe... But seems u guys are raving. I will try it. 

Nirvana in fire for me is flawless. Cinematography, sets, costumes n the acting n the story wow.... But it is a pure political struggles drama n if cannot stomach the viciousness n ruthlessness of it, it can be difficult to watch. 

Try the recent unexpected love. Modern drama. I laughed so hard n the kisses are smooching n the leads chemistry hits through the roof. Story wise n acting wise not perfect but still very very enjoyable. 

I watch first ep of palace of devotion. Cannot say i like it. Liu tao looks so old. Vic chou ehmmm... Is rather good looking. It is about the ml n fl journey to the throne n thereafter. The acting n set up feels very very weird.... Very jumpy n not logical. 

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, SnT said:

I havebt watch go ahead because sing wei long doesn't really appeal to me hehe... But seems u guys are raving. I will try it. 

Nirvana in fire for me is flawless. Cinematography, sets, costumes n the acting n the story wow.... But it is a pure political struggles drama n if cannot stomach the viciousness n ruthlessness of it, it can be difficult to watch. 

Try the recent unexpected love. Modern drama. I laughed so hard n the kisses are smooching n the leads chemistry hits through the roof. Story wise n acting wise not perfect but still very very enjoyable. 

I watch first ep of palace of devotion. Cannot say i like it. Liu tao looks so old. Vic chou ehmmm... Is rather good looking. It is about the ml n fl journey to the throne n thereafter. The acting n set up feels very very weird.... Very jumpy n not logical. 

SWL is totally smoking HOT but totally wooden too....:Ghastlel: But no worries, in Go Ahead his role is tailored especially for his wooden acting you won't feel that he is out of place.

It's hard to find a drama as perfect as NiF. New modern dramas are mostly idol drama, that's why Go Ahead is a breeze of fresh air. I have to say that I prefer C historical drama than modern one. Their historical dramas are beautifully made. Costume, setting (especially the palace setting), styling, horses and cinematography are gorgeous and second to none, the only let down is the CGI but recently it's improves a lot.

Sometimes when I watch the BTS of C dramas, I can help but surprise at the huge production especially compare to K dramas. The amount of crews alone is double than K drama's. But K drama made better modern drama though while their Saeguk is a NO NO for me....

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, SnT said:

I'll tell you this Song Wei Long didn't appeal to me in Untouchable Lovers, i even thought his acting was super dull and was curious why he didn't do any kiss scenes at that time, (I even thought maybe he was too young) but Go Ahead definitely changed the way I see him, his acting improved a lot since then. There was much more emotions to his scene, on top of that, Steven Zhang put in a lot of emotions in all the scenes that it legit brought me to tears. This drama was more of a family drama rather than a romance and honestly, it's just tearful and amazing. I definitely say Steven Zhang, Song Wei Long, Tan Songyun, definitely the best cast. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

4 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Seven is so cute here and her partner can easily threw her across.....:PsyWhat:  Poor Bai JingTing got bigger partner though....:PsyWhat:

I remember this, the whole show was a mess cause 

1. never go to a show with your friends

2. their fighting moments were hilarious 

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Who is friends with whose???

Songyun have three friends that I know of that’s she’s close with 

1. Bai Jingting

2. Dylan Xiong (her partner in the video you showed)

3. Wei Daxun (but judging from the recent thing, he’s prob taken by Allen Ren) 

She and Steven Zhang is pretty close too. 
= Steven Zhang (you can watch happy camp & little forest to see their interaction

= Dylan Xiong (Happy camp & back to the field) 

= wei daxun (back to the field) 

those are the shows she’ve joined and its pretty fun watching them play around with each other

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

34 minutes ago, Funnypeopleswim said:

she is but also a bit annoying. I watched her on that drama with Steven and definitely suited the character. Although the Japanese original Nadame’s Canto was better. 

i believe she isnt very well received in parts of China....they actually label her 'Green Tea B'

like you actually i like her in Nadame Canto however just like you i prefer the Jap version, definitely prefer the artist there ....the rest i dunno....maybe the first is always the best and the rest just felt a little like carbon copy? hahahaha

so i wont know for sure...

just to add @AwkwarDerp said

Bai JingTing and Wei DaXun is actually very close with SongYun while Dylan Xiong is close with SongYun because both of them acted together as couple in 'My Mr. Mermaid'

currently Bai JingTing and SongYun are working together on the 'New Generation' Anthology film which title Family if im not wrong

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1