The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@Mouse @SnT

I avoid colors like mauve too, it makes me looks washed out....:HaunterOK:  My problem with that robe is totally the color because the design, material and embroidery are nice though. The wrapped around V neckline with the intricate embroidered bodice is beautiful, the heavy fabric should have looks great in a long robe like that. So it's definitely the color.....That color reflected light in the bad ways for the camera hence looks weird.

B42-DB12-D-1332-42-B4-9903-DFBDEF015490.

Our cute HouYe in black.....😎

5492-B856-F0-C3-408-F-B42-D-9443-F467184

The dashing HouYe in simple black robe, of course 😎

Second gif not seen yet right. More new. Clothes for our houye.. Yeah.!!!

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Mouse said:

@OsmanthusTea same! I find that colour washes me out too! I actually liked the blouse I bought but hated the colour on me. Blue-toned reds work better for me or a brighter/dark mauve. This colour Houye has on makes me look pale. Baby pink or pale green don’t look good on me either. I need colours to have warmth in them to work with my skin tone. You’ll notice that darker colours look better on Houye too. 

Yup!! I avoid mustard yellow too, bright yellow is fine. Deep, bright and dark colors work better on me. If I wear something pink I have to balanced it out with red lippy...I look great in burned orange and Shanghai red....:smug: Maybe because of my typical Chinese yellow skin tone. WC isn't the typical very pale Chinese blinding white skin tone like other C actors so dark deep colors bring out the warm and brighten his skin....:cool:

8 minutes ago, SnT said:

Second gif not seen yet right. More new. Clothes for our houye.. Yeah.!!!

I think he wore that robe several times already, but I forgot which scenes....

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Yup!! I avoid mustard yellow too, bright yellow is fine. Deep, bright and dark colors work better on me. If I wear something pink I have to balanced it out with red lippy...I look great in burned orange and Shanghai red....:smug: Maybe because of my typical Chinese yellow skin tone.

same! Deep, bright and dark colours work better on me too. I have yellow undertones too so when I buy makeup, they have to be on the warm shades with yellow undertones. I have Chinese genes in me which is where I get my skin tone. But I also tan really quickly when under the sun. 

Baby pink doesn’t look good on me but Fuchsia works well. 

Beige surprisingly looks good on me too. 

I find Wallace looks better with historical dramas than modern ones. His physique works well. He has a certain manliness to him. Like you know he can protect his woman. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

4 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I find Wallace looks better with historical dramas than modern ones. His physique works well. He has a certain manliness to him. Like you know he can protect his woman. 

Agreed!! I watched his modern drama with a FL who is even younger than Seven. He still looked handsome and dashing in winter attires but when paired with his OTP he looked disturbingly a Sugar Daddy.....:PsyWhat:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
10 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i heard the skinship is alot more daring that UnTamed lols

lol. It’s mostly overt speech and eye contact. They hug and comfort each other. 

it’s feels like skin ship because they act more intimate but it’s in the eyes and the fan he uses. 

Compared to regular romance there isn’t much but to the Untamed there is definitely more. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Another nice black robe with pearl buttons on the side.....💞

I like the framing of the second picture hence I posted it here....❤️ The "dark" side and the "light" side...😎

i like the second frame of pictures....it’s really show how much HouYe hold on...and respect he gave to his wife ...

and the frame look just nice too

• Heart Eyes 4
43 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yes no matter how angry he is, he never lost his calm and steadiness... it not easy however he did it

Except he lost it with ou that first time. I think if he did not point the sword at ou, n get her to talk. That accident may not happen. The rest of the drama i think he reign in d after that experience. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, SnT said:

Except he lost it with ou that first time. I think if he did not point the sword at ou, n get her to talk. That accident may not happen. The rest of the drama i think he reign in d after that experience. 

haha! This is because Houye is in love and felt jealousy for the first time. Couldn’t handle it. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

12 hours ago, SnT said:

@gracebkk there should be another bed scene. I found a gif on weibo. But have not figure how to post as the gif is in my phone gallery. 

wahhh!!! Really?!?!?! If it's true, I'll be soooo happy! I love their bed scenes, especially after those failed bed scenes before ep35 hahahaha. I need more!!!! Their sweetness is just off the roof when they're on the bed! (dun ask me why. I don't know as well. Ask Wallace or Tan Songyun instead lol)

7 hours ago, Mouse said:

Agree. For some reason, Wallace looks much younger in historical dramas, most likely because of the hairdo, clothing and aura itself. In modern dramas, he looks much older (although he doesn't look like his real age). However, because the female leads he usually act with are much younger, there isn't really a balance between both of them.

In The Sword and The Brocade, what worked was the fact that the plot itself required Houye to be someone much older/mature than Shiyi. Also, Wallace (dressed in historical garb) really looks dashing and manly in these clothings, whereas Shiyi really looks sweet and mature (props to Tan Songyun for bringing the best out of Shiyi and successfully acting as someone very calm/smart/mature. I think this is her first time doing such a role right?). 

Edited by gracebkk
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
16 minutes ago, SnT said:

another Palace drama airing tonight. Palace of devotion. Song dynasty. Lets see if any good. 61 episodes 

Now i m worry our sword n brocade 45 episode is not enough haha... I will miss our shiyi n houye terribly. 

Vic Zhou and Liu Tao??? Not so sure about this pairing...Liu Tao is a powerhouse, Vic Zhou?? Let's see

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, gracebkk said:

...whereas Shiyi really looks sweet and mature (props to Tan Songyun for bringing the best out of Shiyi and successfully acting as someone very calm/smart/mature. I think this is her first time doing such a role right?). 

In interviews she said she wanted to play someone married. She has not played a married person before. I didn't realise it but this is probably her first TV wedding. She's been engaged on shows before but not to the alter.

I think there has been a calm before the storm aspect in her acting: Fox's Summer, Under the Power, and the Eight. 

But she's always been an outgoing character so I think it's great she's so restrained here. I didn't watch the last drama, Dear Mayan Street because it was slow to be subbed, and I know the ending. But she might have been more mature in that role too.

53 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

Vic Zhou and Liu Tao??? Not so sure about this pairing...Liu Tao is a powerhouse, Vic Zhou?? Let's see

I actually like Vic more than Liu Tao. I am sure she is a great actress, but I haven't really gotten attached to her characters. The only drama of hers I like was Ode to Joy. I couldn't finished Nirvana on Fire. I know that's much beloved...sometimes dramas are really well executed but too stressful to watch.

Edited by Funnypeopleswim
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, gracebkk said:

Agree. For some reason, Wallace looks much younger in historical dramas, most likely because of the hairdo, clothing and aura itself. In modern dramas, he looks much older (although he doesn't look like his real age). However, because the female leads he usually act with are much younger, there isn't really a balance between both of them.

In The Sword and The Brocade, what worked was the fact that the plot itself required Houye to be someone much older/mature than Shiyi. Also, Wallace (dressed in historical garb) really looks dashing and manly in these clothings, whereas Shiyi really looks sweet and mature (props to Tan Songyun for bringing the best out of Shiyi and successfully acting as someone very calm/smart/mature. I think this is her first time doing such a role right?). 

Agree with all your points here! When I first heard about the pairing, I was worried that the age gap would show through too much. But then after I watched the first few episodes and realized that WC's character is meant to be an older, more experienced general and Shiyi is supposed to be a much younger wife, it all made sense and I think the drama did a very good job of bridging the gap my making Shiyi look more mature with her clothing and styling. I also thing it works because of their personalities. Despite the age difference, both Houye and Shiyi are mature and Shiyi's character matches Houye very well in a way that you don't feel she's any lesser than him.

1 hour ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I had to Google Vic Zhou because I had to make sure it's the Vic Zhou I know from Meteor Garden. :lol:

Wow, he looks so mature now. I haven't seen any of his other works other than MG so that's all the impression I have of him. In fact, when I hear Vic Zhou, his Hua Ze Lei is what pops into mind.

I might check it out just bec I'm curious.

42 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

DID SOMEONE SAY VIC ZHOU! :wow:

Exactly! Right?!

I still check out Jerry Yan's dramas just because I have a soft spot for him from MG.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@Mouse  @Funnypeopleswim

I watched Vic Zhou in MG and The Flame Daughter. Not impressed and not hated it too....But he is indeed good looking, that's the only thing I can say.....:HaunterOK:

To these day, Go Ahead is my fav drama of TSY. JianJian is just adorable.

I didn't like Vic Zhou's acting in MG either. Hua Ze Lei's character is meant to be aloof but he's portrayal of it felt a little flat to me. But I don't know if his acting has improved since it's been so many years already since then. He still looks good though!

I agree, I still like TSY most in Go Ahead. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mouse said:

I didn't like Vic Zhou's acting in MG either. Hua Ze Lei's character is meant to be aloof but he's portrayal of it felt a little flat to me. But I don't know if his acting has improved since it's been so many years already since then. He still looks good though!

I agree, I still like TSY most in Go Ahead. 

I didn't like Vic's hair on The Flame's Daughter but I thought he was charming.

TSY on the chair reciting the poem, when her brother confesses to her will be my all time favourite scenes. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. Love Go Ahead. Almost too much. I feel it ruin me from future CDramas. I was really struggling to find another show to watch after it ended.

• Like 3