Link: Eat, Love, Die 링크: 먹고 사랑하라, 죽이게 [2022]

mademoiselle

Watch: Yeo Jin Goo, Moon Ga Young, And More Reveal Details About Their Characters At Script Reading For Upcoming Drama

Moon-Ga-Young-Yeo-Jin-Goo.jpg

tvN’s upcoming drama “Link: Eat and Love to Kill” (literal title) released behind-the-scenes footage of Yeo Jin Goo, Moon Ga Young, and more at the script reading!

tvN’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Link: Eat and Love to Kill” is a fantasy romance drama about a man who suddenly begins to feel all the emotions experienced by an unfamiliar woman when the link phenomenon occurs again for the first time after 18 years.

Following the previously released photos from the script reading, the new behind-the-scenes video shows the cast members getting together to read through their lines and also introduce more details about their characters.

Yeo Jin Goo will be playing Eun Gye Hoon, a restaurant sous-chef whose everyday life becomes shaken up after feeling the emotions of an unfamiliar woman. In the video, he comments, “I think I’ll be able to show everyone some new emotions and a new vibe. Instead of a character with a bright sort of energy, this time I’ll be able to create a new character with a new sort of feeling. I’m working hard to get ready for the role while keeping in mind that I should do a good job with this character.”

Moon Ga Young will be taking on the role of Jihwa Western Cuisine Restaurant’s probationary employee Noh Da Hyun. She self-proclaims that she has no luck with men, and she struggles with misfortunate events in her life.

The actress offers a more detailed explanation of her character as she says, “She might seem quite weak, but she’s actually the strongest of them all. Of all the kinds of luck to have, she has the least luck with men. I’ll be grateful if you stay tuned to find out what kind of luck will follow her.”

Song Duk Ho will be starring as Ji Won Tak, a police officer in the neighborhood of Jihwa who will showcase playful chemistry with his ex-girlfriend and senior sergeant Hwang Min Jo (Lee Bom Sori). Song Duk Ho shares that his character is one who works hard to overcome past trauma. “I’ll work hard to express that side of him, and I hope that viewers who have been through something similar will relate to him and find comfort through his character.”

Lee Bom Sori describes her character as very easy-going and chic, but also cute and loveable. She teases drama fans as she continues, “I hope you look forward to the role she’ll have in the story.”

Kim Ji Young, who will star as Noh Da Hyun’s mother Hong Bok Hee, says of her character, “Everyone has their secrets. As someone who is the center of the household where three women live, she’s a character who loves bother her daughter and her mother as much as her own life.”

Ye Soo Jung will play Na Choon Ok, a grandmother whose actions are faster than her words. She drops hints about her character by saying, “I think she’s a grandmother who has good links.”

At the end of the video, Yeo Jin Goo remarks that the script reflects his current emotional state, adding, “While reading the script I thought it would be hard, but also fun.” Moon Ga Young comments, “I think I want a lot of people to relate to me through this drama. I’ll do my best!”

“Link: Eat and Love to Kill” premieres on May 16 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Watch the script reading video below!

@Tofu Why is the BGM such a light, fairy-like, playful kind? I totally don't mind if it's rom-com.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Why is the BGM such a light, fairy-like, playful kind? I totally don't mind if it's rom-com.

Maybe it's to show that the storyline has something supernatural about it? Hahahaha!

First teaser! 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Hahaha I am on permanent loop with BinJin wedding videos - did you see that sexy kiss - one hand on the neck, another on her waist pulling her closer 🥰🥰🥰🥰😋 Am on the verge of dropping BP. What’s with the hair? He falls in love and no longer needs to comb it up for work? How unprofessional - my HB would never be like that lol. I have a bit of @SilverMoonTea syndrome here - not very interesting after they got together haha.

Will try the first episode of this when it airs. I’ve started Tomorrow though. So still got business from me 😜 (On the side, Kill Heel is quite interesting.)

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Am on the verge of dropping BP. What’s with the hair? He falls in love and no longer needs to comb it up for work? How unprofessional - my HB would never be like that lol.

I died from this statement :lmao2: Tae Mu has changed to a nicer hairstyle, it's totally professional and acceptable :nya:

Wait... what about Duel? :pandablank:

• Haha 4
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I died from this statement  Tae Mu has changed to a nicer hairstyle, it's totally professional and acceptable 

Wait... what about Duel? 

How is it nicer? It's a bird's nest. He doesn't look bad, just not suitable for a CEO isn't it? 😂 His previous one was also not ideal - need to comb up the fringe on the other side. Then maybe he can swipe the 2 sides like John Travolta 🤪

Duel is not on Netflix so a bit more difficult for me to watch as I go to sleep. Maybe this weekend.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

How is it nicer? It's a bird's nest. He doesn't look bad, just not suitable for a CEO isn't it? 😂 His previous one was also not ideal - need to comb up the fringe on the other side. Then maybe he can swipe the 2 sides like John Travolta 🤪

This is not bird's nest. Siwan's is bird's nest! And I hate the CEO hairstyle to be honest. I'm more fond of hairstyle like below for CEO:

Spoiler

FPenE9laAAM0vIC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Haha 4
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu It looks like rom-com! And YJG's character is showing signs of being a drama queen :laugh: 

I think I'll lose customers such as @SilverMoonTea and @Chocolate now even though they liked YJG's acting 

:jiminbtssigh:

I love him as cool, tortured & broody Det Han eh ... Indeed you might lose me here:lmao2:

8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@SilverMoonTea syndrome here 

This is a real syndrome, recently more and more people admitted to have it...

9 hours ago, Tofu said:

@SilverMoonTea might be a little harder. I think she has subconsciously dropped BP. :thinking:

Cough :yoongibtspls:sshh... actually it's still on hold. Anyway when I'm putting something on hold almost 99% I will drop it 🤣, let's see if he fall to the 1% instead. 

Sorry, why this thread become like Oppa Tracker 😅 So this drama about cooking chef and he felt woman emotion ? I'm quite worried, the topic I think not my cup of tea haha... 

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yeo Jin Goo Randomly Bursts Into Laughter And Tears Without Any Warning In “Link”

Yeo-Jin-Goo-5.jpeg

Upcoming drama “Link” shared a new preview of Yeo Jin Goo!

“Link” is a fantasy romance drama about a man who suddenly begins to feel all the emotions experienced by an unfamiliar woman when the “link phenomenon” occurs again for the first time after 18 years.

Yeo Jin Goo will be playing Eun Gye Hoon, a Michelin-starred chef who is flawless with his distinguished cooking skills and handsome face. His restaurant has a constant stream of customers who come just to see the attractive chef put on a cooking performance in the open kitchen.

Yeo-Jin-Goo-3.jpeg

Always expressing his opinions clearly, Eun Gye Hoon maintains an attitude of indifference to everything, so he often hears that he is like an AI (artificial intelligence). This level-headedness shines brighter at work as chef Eun Gye Hoon believes that personal feelings should not be allowed in the kitchen.

However, all sorts of unfamiliar emotions begin to take over him one day, and his firm resolve begins to waver. In the middle of cooking, Eun Gye Hoon begins to cry alone, and he suddenly bursts into laughter and applause, surprising his co-workers. Due to this, Eun Gye Hoon has earned the nickname of “Teary chef,” but no one knows the reason why this link phenomenon occurs again for the first time after 18 years.

The newly released stills portray how Eun Gye Hoon begins to experience mixed feelings due to the link phenomenon. With a hand placed gently over his chest, Eun Gye Hoon’s gaze as he looks at someone appears strangely sad. Because of the intrusive emotions, Eun Gye Hoon randomly bursts into laughter and tears. As these feelings sweep over him, a single teardrop falls down his face.

Yeo-Jin-Goo-4.jpeg

“Link” premieres on June 6 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Moon Ga Young Depicts The Ups And Downs Of Youth In Upcoming Drama “Link”

Moon-Ga-Young-2.jpg

New tvN drama “Link” has shared a deeper look of Moon Ga Young’s character!

“Link” is a fantasy romance drama about a man who suddenly begins to feel all the emotions experienced by an unfamiliar woman when the “link phenomenon” occurs again for the first time after 18 years.

Moon-Ga-Young-11.jpg

Moon Ga Young will be taking on the role of Jihwa Western Cuisine Restaurant’s probationary employee Noh Da Hyun. She self-proclaims that she has no luck with men, and she struggles with unfortunate events in her life.

The newly released stills show Moon Ga Young’s flawless transformation into Noh Da Hyun. She looks elegant and graceful, and she catches the eyes of fans with her bright smile. Noh Da Hyun is a good person who never hurts others, and she always endures difficulties with a bright expression because she believes that one receives blessings when they smile.

However, in one photo, she exudes a very different atmosphere with her forlorn expression and hands in her pockets, hinting that youth isn’t easy.

Moon-Ga-Young-3.jpg

source

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeo Jin Goo And Moon Ga Young Amp Up Curiosity With Their Meaningful Eye Contact In “Link” Poster

Link.jpg

Yeo Jin Goo and Moon Ga Young’s upcoming drama “Link” unveiled a new poster of the on-screen couple!

Yeo Jin Goo will be playing Eun Gye Hoon, a restaurant executive chef whose everyday life becomes shaken up after feeling the emotions of an unfamiliar woman. Moon Ga Young will be taking on the role of Jihwa Western Cuisine Restaurant’s probationary employee Noh Da Hyun.

The newly released poster increases anticipation with the heart-fluttering closeness of Eun Gye Hoon and Noh Da Hyun. They gaze at each other with meaningful eyes as a strand of pasta in their mouths connects them. Their faces are just inches from each other, and they’re even holding hands, hinting romance is coming soon. However, there is a sharp knife in their grasp, leading fans to wonder what kind of intriguing story they have to tell.

“Link” premieres on June 6 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

Yeo Jin Goo Talks About Playing A Chef In “Link,” The Efforts He Made To Portray His Role, And More

Yeo-Jin-Goo-1.jpg

Ahead of the premiere of “Link,” Yeo Jin Goo talked about his character Eun Gye Hoon!

Yeo Jin Goo will be playing Eun Gye Hoon, a Michelin-starred chef who is flawless with his distinguished cooking skills and handsome face. His restaurant has a constant stream of customers who come just to see the attractive chef put on a cooking performance in the open kitchen.

Recalling why he chose the drama for his next project, he shared, “The atmosphere made up of the strengths of various genres, such as romance comedy, mystery, cooking, and drama, was attractive, and I decided to star in ‘Link’ because of the specialty and novelty of the character Eun Gye Hoon.”

Yeo-Jin-Goo-2.jpg

Yeo Jin Goo mentioned he had a lot of concerns in the beginning about how to understand and approach this unique type of character with great empathy who feels exactly what a stranger feels as if they are his own emotions. Most importantly, it was important to convey Eun Gye Hoon’s character’s emotional changes naturally and convincingly as they are emotions that suddenly invade him without notice.

Concerning that, the actor explained, “I thought it was hard to approach this character’s special nature where he’s able to feel other people’s emotions, but at the same time, I was interested in what kind of life he’s living. The link phenomenon is a very important factor for Eun Gye Hoon and the drama, so I talked a lot with the director and the writer while preparing for the shoot. I am trying to be flexibly expressive so that I can use the link phenomenon organically from comedy to deep drama in the flow of the drama.”

Yeo Jin Goo’s character is a professional chef, and each of his actions in the open kitchen will be like some type of performance, so he’ll have to show his “sexy cooking skills.” He commented, “Although cooking is my hobby, this role is a person who is a professional chef. Because of this, I got help from the real chef to to realistically portray the way I cut, how I handle the pan, how I look in the kitchen, and the atmosphere of the restaurant.”

The actor went on to tease, “I am trying to make [viewers] remember this as a special and unique drama with the taste and aroma of various genres. Please enjoy the ‘Link’ course that will be served every Monday and Tuesday starting from June 6.”

Spoiler

Yeo-Jin-Goo-3.jpg

“Link” premieres on June 6 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1