Our Blues 우리들의 블루스 [2022]

movingwheel

@peperomia @abs-oluteM @Chocolate Are you guys still watching?

Another tear-jerker episode. Strangely these crying I didn't find annoying or impatient vs Dr. Lawyer. My heart breaks/hurts for the characters. Honestly, this little girl is so cute and so good at crying (for the story).

Not sure how they achieve the 100 moons from just a few of them going out to the sea though. But I'll go along with it and at that moment, I find myself wishing/praying that Man Soo would recover too, because it is just too damn sad that Halmoni Chun Hui's only son is leaving the world before her too. :cry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Haha, I watch Sat's episode then skip Sun's episode. So I saw last night's and I bawled. How does a woman lose 2 sons, and now the 3rd is on a ventilator 😭 I hope Man Su gets well too, but given that almost every story has a realistic ending...

Do you feel that the sadness level increases as the drama goes on? The stories just get more tragic. And it's going to end with the death of Dong Seok's estranged mother.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@mademoiselle yes. I watched up to eps 15 - that wrapped up Yeong Ok and her sister's story. That was very touching. I know what it's like to deal with kids with autism, and it can be hard for family members especially the siblings. Technically they didn't choose this for themselves. I understand why Yeong Ok ran away over those years. I thought the way they reunited the sisters was done quite sensitively and Jeong Jun was so good in how he handled the whole thing. If I was Yeong Ok I would marry him immediately. I kept thinking that Kim Woo Bin made a good choice taking this on as his comeback role. It's a meaningful one. 

14 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha, I watch Sat's episode then skip Sun's episode. So I saw last night's and I bawled. How does a woman lose 2 sons, and now the 3rd is on a ventilator 😭 I hope Man Su gets well too, but given that almost every story has a realistic ending...

Do you feel that the sadness level increases as the drama goes on? The stories just get more tragic. And it's going to end with the death of Dong Seok's estranged mother.

My mum gave so many spoilers that I knew I cannot handle this much sadness. But you're right the stories are getting more depressing. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@Chocolate Coz it's written by writer No Hee Kyung. She writes stories like this. I was a mess for Dear My Friends. It's like this too, the beginning was OK, even was a bit boring, and then when you get to the latter episodes, you are basically crying every single episode! 📈 Like a graph moving upwards for the emotional... 

Ha I just realised we are down to 3 episodes. The writer saves the best for last to the Baeksang winners Gu Doo Shim and Kim Hye Ja!

She wrote Live as well, but it's not as bad, right @abs-oluteM? Agree, Woo Bin picked a good drama to return to. And because it is ensemble cast so he didn't have to shoulder all the pressure of being a male lead and the ratings.

• Clapping Hands 3
21 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

She wrote Live as well, but it's not as bad, right @abs-oluteM

Yes. I love that drama. It was a very unique police show - somewhat slice of life. In fact there's a c-drama called Ordinary Greatness which I have been meaning to start that reminds me of Live. 

Coming to think of it , I also like It's Okay That's Love by this writer. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I ended up catching tonight's episode instead...

I do feel bad for Dong Seok and can understand the deep seated hate he has for his mum. I believe she did a lot of things out of the need to survive when his father died. But I can see why he has a hard time forgiving her. However I agree with Seon A that he does need to trash this out with her before she passes or he will forever have that chip on his shoulder. Talking about Seon A , my mum and I are a little skeptical about her feelings for him...she better not break his heart. The man has gone through enough.

I was quite pleased we got to see our young parents and that the baby is on the way. The two fathers and Eun Hui were hilarious . The way they held hands worrying...at least some happy bits to the episode. 

Looks like DS's mum will pass away next episode. Also Young Ok will go meet Jeong Jun's parents.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/5/2022 at 3:36 AM, mademoiselle said:

@peperomia @abs-oluteM @Chocolate Are you guys still watching?

Another tear-jerker episode. Strangely these crying I didn't find annoying or impatient vs Dr. Lawyer. My heart breaks/hurts for the characters. Honestly, this little girl is so cute and so good at crying (for the story).

Not sure how they achieve the 100 moons from just a few of them going out to the sea though. But I'll go along with it and at that moment, I find myself wishing/praying that Man Soo would recover too, because it is just too damn sad that Halmoni Chun Hui's only son is leaving the world before her too. :cry:

On 6/6/2022 at 2:53 AM, mademoiselle said:

So so soooo happy that Man Soo surivive! I can't bear seeing Halmoni sad.

@mademoiselle I’ve been behind with dramas. Just caught up to episode 17. I am happy to read that Man Su will be okay because tears kept strolling my face for halmoni and Eun Gi. :letalQQ: I was really touched with how the whole community came together for them, especially Dong Seok’s mom and Eun Hui. The village boats lighting up in the night to form the 100 moons as a prayer for Man Su was very touching. (Same as you, I was wondering how as well, but it was a clever thought.)

I’m going to try to be caught up tonight and watch the finale tomorrow.

On 6/5/2022 at 8:54 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Looks like DS's mum will pass away next episode. Also Young Ok will go meet Jeong Jun's parents.

This is going to be so heartbreaking :cry:, but it looks like Dong Seok and his mother will reconcile in time.

I hope Jeong Jun's parents will accept Young Ok. To be received by family is so important for a healthy relationship.

On 6/5/2022 at 5:09 AM, abs-oluteM said:

In fact there's a c-drama called Ordinary Greatness which I have been meaning to start that reminds me of Live. 

Oh, Ordinary Greatness is next on my list. I also plan to start Insider at some point.

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, peperomia said:

Oh, Ordinary Greatness is next on my list. I also plan to start Insider at some point.

I just started OG and watching slowly . So we can chat on the thread. Love it so far.

I am also planning to pick up Insider...so many dramas :psweatduck:

Yet to watch last night's fully though I saw the ending bit with DS and his mum. 

Time flew...time to say goodbye. I enjoyed this show with its large ensemble cast and many touching stories.

113897585.1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I caught up with eps 19 and checked the spoilers for the last episode...please prepare tissue.

Though we knew she was going to pass on ...it was still very heartbreaking

image_readmed_2022_513995_16550420665073

Awww Yeong Hui came back. This was a year or was it a month  later when they had a sports meet

So cute ...the entire cast. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I watched 19 and 20 together. I thought it ended well with Dong Seok and his mother’s story which was both heartbreaking and heartwarming. One of my biggest fears in life is regret. Especially when in dilemmas, the question of “Will I regret it or myself?” often crosses my mind. Given how stubborn Dong Seok was, I tried to keep an open mind with what he would decide to do with his mother so I was comforted that he was able to reconcile with her in time. I was glad that he said everything wanted to say to her and when he did, I liked that she didn’t make any excuses. She admitted that she was a “crazy” mother. It’s too bad that it took a terminal illness for mother-son to mend their relationship, but given their history, I thought Dong Seok did his best for her by checking-off all of the things she wanted to do. So did his mother by cooking him his favorite meal before she passed away. I really hope mother-son got some closure in the end or at least, were able to leave/live-on with less regret.

A few other things that I liked about the last few episodes were...

Jeong Jun’s parents accepting Yeong Ok. I was really touched by their immediate acknowledgement that it must have been hard to lose parents and needing to look after a sibling with special needs. So sweet of his mom to serve her the first drumstick and the dad telling her to just be comfortable at their home. I can see where Jeong Jun gets his kind/good heart from.

Seon Ah seems to be in a healthier place. Since she was able to take Yeol to Jeju, there must be more trust between her and her ex-husband. It’s great that they are able to amicably workout co-parenting.

The 2 halmonis' friendship. Loved how they were each other's rock throughout life's hard times. It was so sad not to see Ok Dong next to Chun Hee's at the market anymore, but it seems like her memory will be honored by Chun Hee and Dong Seok together.

I will admit that this drama wasn't always the easiest to forge on every weekend because it was heavy most of the times, but I am glad that I finished it. I thought the stories stayed true to that life can be tough even painful, but there must be a way for us to find happiness in it and truly live... I liked that the drama gave us that hope and encouragement at the end.

16 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I just started OG and watching slowly . So we can chat on the thread. Love it so far.

I am also planning to pick up Insider...so many dramas :psweatduck:

Good to know that you love OG so far. I've heard many great things about it. :smile: I'll have to check out the thread when I start it.

Oh, you're going to watch Insider too. I am really excited see KHN and LYY. I hope it's good and doesn't get overly complex.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I've a love-hate relationship with this drama. I love it because I enjoyed the story and the characters and I hate it because it made me cried so much so that I get a headache! LOL!

Last episode was so hard to watch. Since I was watching it with my phone so I FF through it to make the painful scene end faster.

First of all, I'm glad Jung Jun's family was accepting of Yeong Ok. I'm happy that after going through so many trials and errors in her relationship that she eventually found the One who will accept her and her situation. Not only that his family too. It's a nice encouragement to those in real life who currently are feeling defeated with similar situation as Yeong Ok.

Nice to see Seon Ah is definitely in a better place. She was able to support Dong Seok back and gave him good advice about his issue with his mother. She really did fly to Jeju to see Dong Seok as she promised (there were still part of me that thought she might not), and even brought her son with her.

Dong Seok and his mum are so stubborn. I wish she would tell Dong Seok her feelings when he asked her all those questions. It's the last time, just be honest with one another so there's no regrets for both sides. Sighs.

@Chocolate LOL oh you. Just FF through it and get it over and done with. LOL!

Dong Seok was angry with his mother because after his sister passed away, she married another man who has a wife sick and confined to bed. On the way to the man's house, Dong Seok begs his mother not to go there and that he would work hard to support them both. She slaps him really hard a few times until the corner of his lips bleed and told him never to address him as "mother" again. After living with this man and his family, Dong Seok was bullied and beaten up real bad by the father and his step-brothers. Never once did the mother stop them or show him love/sympathy. Dong Seok thinks his mother owes him an apology and wonders if she ever loved him. She never apologises once even before her death.

Through the time Dong Seok spent with her, he learns that his mother has a really hard life. Her parents passed away when she's really young. She had an older brother but he too passed away when he's 19. She had to fend for herself at about age 13-14 working as a cook and a washer at a restaurant. She then met Dong Seok's father and married him. She never knew how to write. To ensure survival at the time, she therefore married this man and ensure Dong Seok has his 3 meals and is able to go to school.

Dong Seok's last thought about this was that he never was truly angry at her. He had always wanted to hold her and made up with her. But I think both were just too stubborn to be able to express themselves honestly.

• Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • 1 month later...

Lim Young Woong, 'Our Blues' music video surpasses 13 million views. 

Lee Jeong Beom.

0001476396_001_20220717085101395.jpg?type=w430

Lim Young Woong's 'Our Blues' continues to gain popularity.

Currently, the music video for 'Our Blues' is being posted on Lim Young Woong's official YouTube channel 'Lim Young Woong'.

This video has attracted steady attention since its release and surpassed 13 million views as of July 17th.

These records show his extraordinary popularity.

Meanwhile, singer Lim Young-woong is on a nationwide tour.

This concert is the first solo national tour concert with a total of 21 concerts, starting in Goyang, then continuing to Changwon, Gwangju, Daejeon, Incheon, Daegu and Seoul.

source:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/311/0001476396

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan