Our Blues 우리들의 블루스 [2022]

movingwheel

Did Seon Ah have a miscarriage that lead to her depression? There was this scene where it seem her water bag broke ( or I think it is her water bag)..or maybe she's had undiagnosed post partum ( baby blues) ? I know a lot of women suffer from it and don't realise. Anyway , I felt so sad seeing how her life is in such disarray.

Hmmm those two teenagers are gonna have to tell their fathers somehow. This feels like such a Romeo-Juliet type story given the father are frenemies, the fathers are gonna explode. However I wonder if there might be a silver lining to this where both fathers can come to an agreement to do what's best for their children.  I am not sure if these two can raise a kid together given that she isn't willing but I don't think abortion should be only solution for this. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did Seon Ah have a miscarriage that lead to her depression? There was this scene where it seem her water bag broke ( or I think it is her water bag)..or maybe she's had undiagnosed post partum ( baby blues) ? I know a lot of women suffer from it and don't realise. Anyway , I felt so sad seeing how her life is in such disarray.

I thought the water breaking scene suggested her depression may be related to a miscarriage too. Or, maybe her baby did not survive from premature labor. Same as you, I felt sad for her too. She could not even tell time apart so her condition seems quite severe. Hopefully, we will see her get better.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Hmmm, do you find that none of the couples here look compatible 😂 You've got 2 super tall blokes with 2 average height women, and one of the tallest leading ladies with one of the most average height actors 😂 The only couple who look remotely compatible are the 2 teenagers. Even the 2 squabbling fathers have more chemistry.

Anyway, I don't like Yeong Ok. She may be trying to escape something so we are probably meant to sympathise with her later. And that part when she asked Jung Jun if she was still worth loving since she has had so many relationships and he said "yes", she was really touched and her voice broke - that was really good.

But still, I don't like her character/personality. Why flirt like that with the other guy. She said she will go to the hotel/motel with him. We know she did not mean it, but was it necessary to go to that extent? She tells Jung Jun not to like her because he will get hurt. At the same time, she keeps prodding him to get him to say he likes her, which she jolly well knows. You don't play with people like that. Nothing can justify it, no matter how sad her background may be.

Glad to see Eun Hui. I'm surprised the girl listened to her, albeit unwillingly.

• Like 4

@Chocolate I don't like Yeong Ok's actions so far, but I need to see more to determine whether I like her nor not. When she apologized to her hanyeo teammates and said she won't do it again, does she really mean it? She knows Jeong Jun is a good guy. If she does start dating him, will she change her flirty ways and not hurt him? Out of all the pairings shown so far, I see and feel the chemistry between these two. I am hoping they can work everything out in the end. The title of the drama worries me though. LOL.

10 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Glad to see Eun Hui. I'm surprised the girl listened to her, albeit unwillingly.

Eun Hee is my favorite person in the story. She deserves happiness. It would be nice if the writer will have her find it. It looks like she will run into the teenage girl during school hours in the next episode. Eun Hee seems strict on her which to me is a sign that she cares for her. I am hoping Eun Hee could be a supportive figure in helping her cope with her pregnancy situation.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 4/10/2022 at 10:33 PM, peperomia said:

hope he doesn't go through with his plans in the next episode. I would hate for him to dig himself a bigger hole. It's too bad Eun Hee didn't hear him in the ocean when he asked to her lend him money. She knows he is married and genuinely treats him like a good old friend. If he was open and honest with her, I am positive she would have lent him the money. I still don't get why he is going this far for his daughter's golf career though. She seemed to be fine with giving it up.

I actually paused after episodes watching episode 1.   I was afraid to see a successful woman spend all her hard working money to a loser ex crush.   

The town vibe reminds me of Hometown Cha Cha where every knows everyone business.   

I see someone mentioned the height is too awkward.  Agree 100%.   I wonder if writer are trying to make HS look so unattractive?  He really looks unattractive without his mustache goatee. 

Going to force through the storyline now.  What most important is seeing my boo Kim Woo Bin on the screen.

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

6 hours ago, Mizv said:

Going to force through the storyline now.  What most important is seeing my boo Kim Woo Bin on the screen.

Don't worry the Han Su - Eun Hee storyline only took up 3 episodes, and I think it wrapped up well. Yes, yes KWB gets pretty good screen time . 

New stills

BF.29731305.1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

My favorite episode so far because of how hard & realistic this episode was . I love that we got to see the conflict, fear, confusion as these two confronted the reality of an unwanted teenage pregnancy. I suppose I should reserve judgment about what is wrong or right in such a situation. Of course when hearing a baby's heartbeat, I personally would not be able to carry out the abortion. But with teenage pregnancies, the answer or solution is not so straight forward especially when these young parents are still children themselves. And of course having a baby is one thing , raising the child is another issue. I think both their fathers will need to be involved in the decision making here.

Anyway props to these two young actors ( both are 22 IRL) for delivering the right emotions.

FRCeppBVcAEvuki?format=png&name=small

FRCer7xUUAA7qIl?format=png&name=small

FRCeuOuVsAAiQeN?format=png&name=small

OST 3 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM I agree...this was the best episode so far for me too. I could really feel the teenagers' emotional turmoil through the screen. The end scene made me cry. I wonder what will happen in the next episode. Yeong Ju will have stomach pains on the bus. Will their fathers end up finding out? Hyeon's father seems brash, but maybe he would show a different side under these circumstances? Yeong Ju's father at least seems caring. I still hope Eun Hee will somehow able to help them. I can tell she genuinely cares about Yeong Ju.

By the way, that male doctor should have better bedside manners. I hated that he made the assumption that they did not use protection. It's not 100%, but they did use it. The odds were just against them.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 hours ago, peperomia said:

By the way, that male doctor should have better bedside manners. I hated that he made the assumption that they did not use protection. It's not 100%, but they did use it. The odds were just against them.

Agreed - the doc immediately jumped to conclusions and I wish that she could have gotten better counsel somehow. 

Okay curious now how their fathers would deal with this

Spoiler

And another sad episode...Seon Ah is losing custody of her son...so she came back to Jeju. But I think she tried to kill herself at the end. Was saved by Jeong Jun and Yeong Ok who happened to be there. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

@abs-oluteM I really like the teenagers’ story. I am touched they found the courage to keep the baby after hearing the heartbeat. I think Hyeon rushing to be by her side at the end of episode 5 made a big impact on Hyeon Ju. She realizes she is not alone in this – Hyeon truly meant it when he said the baby is his too. It was a lovely scene when they held hands in school. They know difficulties lie ahead of them, but they will face them together. (I am rooting for them.) Based on the preview, their fathers are going to have a hard time processing their situation. Let’s hope Eun Hee can be the bridge to help the fathers understand that their support is important to their kids persevering through their choice.

Gosh, Seon Ah’s story is so sad. I can really feel how depression has taken over her. Until she gets better though, it makes sense for her ex-husband to have custody of her son. If she was attempting suicide, but fortunately saved – I hope she will recognize that she is really ill and seek treatment. Getting better is the only way she can be reunited with her son.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

The title Our Blues really is ideal.  The drama has focused on each persons bad blues.  I haven’t watched ep 6 yet.  The storyline is kinda depressing and sad.   I guess like to see women empowerment. I even fast forwarded through Han Soo and Eun Hee scenes at beach. 

However I try to remember when women go through hardships it makes us stronger. Our ability to push through obstacles can make us superwoman.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@peperomia I am rooting for the Hyeon & YJ too. Parenting isn't easy regardless of how prepared you are , and here these two will have interesting journey ahead. I believe if they can get enough support from their dads and the community ( and I think the womenfolk here will rally behind them - I know how much they love and treasure children in SK ) , it is still possible to raise a child and finish their studies. There are plenty of stories like that. 

Seon Ah's story was very sad. Mental health is so important and far too many people overlook it. I do think that at this point she may not well enough to care for her son alone but I do hope that some sort of joint custody can be arranged. But firstly , Seon Ah really does need help to overcome this.

5 hours ago, Mizv said:

The title Our Blues really is ideal.  The drama has focused on each persons bad blues.  I haven’t watched ep 6 yet.  The storyline is kinda depressing and sad.   I guess like to see women empowerment. I even fast forwarded through Han Soo and Eun Hee scenes at beach.

It is . The title is apt. HS and EH's scenes were hard to watch. But something positive came out of it anyhow.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM New poster of our darling Hyeon and Yeong Ju happily holding hands. Looks positive! Their fathers here are a different story. Let's cross our fingers they'll learn to get along for the sake of their children. I totally agree with you that they need their fathers' and the community's support right now. Rooting for them to successfully raise their baby, finish school and maybe even fulfill their dream of life in Seoul one day. 

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

By the way ...interesting article on Naver 

'Our Blues' has 'spoilers' in the opening

Source

You can't miss the opening title scene of the tvN Saturday drama 'Our Blues', which is viewers may overlook.

BF.29787109.1.jpg

'Our Blues' is drawing attention with its opening scenes that utilize the characteristics of an omnibus drama. The same opening scene is not repeated every time. The opening scenes changes for each episode and the stories of the main characters who will be active in the episodes are included like a surprise spoiler, making it special and unique. 

The opening of 'Our Blues', which begins by taking out one of several LP albums, begins with the turntable turning and music playing. For the LP album, the main characters of the episode decorate the album cover. It contains the planning intention of the omnibus drama 'Our Blues', which says, “Each one is the main character in life.” The music that flows along with it melts the warm atmosphere of the drama and adds emotion. Accordingly, it is interesting to see the main characters who decorate the opening title also change from episode to episode. In Episodes 1 to 3, the names of Cha Seung-won (Choi Han-soo) and Lee Jeong-eun (Jung Eun-hee) appeared as ‘Han-su and Eun-hee’, which depicts the youthful memories of middle-aged friends. The names of Han Ji-min (Lee Young-ok) and Kim Woo-bin (Park Jung-jun) appeared in Ep 4. In the 6th episode, the names of Lee Byung-hun (Lee Dong-seok) and Shin Min-ah (Min Seon-ah) appeared as 'Dong-seok and Seon-ah' who met again in Jeju with their wounds.

In particular, episode 5 drew attention by showing the opening with Bae Hyun-seong (Jung Hyun-seong) and Noh Yoon-seo (Bang Young-joo) who are  the prominent actors in that episode.  Episodes 7 and 8, which will be aired on April 30 and May 1, are scheduled to tell the story of fathers with Park Ji-hwan (Jung In-kwon) and Choi Young-jun (Bang Ho-sik), who were  scene stealers when they appeared.

BF.29787112.1.jpg

Above all, the reason we cannot miss the opening title of 'Our Blues' is because it contains a surprise spoiler. In the LP version, like the album track list, the story of the main characters of the episode is expressed in the song title, stimulating curiosity. 

Episodes 1 to 3 'Hansu and Eunhee' are composed of 'Neither Joyful or Sad', 'Meeting Friends', 'Rising Waves', and 'Memories of Mokpo', and viewers can imagine what kind of stories will unfold. . The production team of 'Our Blues' said, "We paid attention to the concept of the omnibus drama and the warm sensibility of the play to be felt in the opening scene. We look forward to the different opening scenes for each episode, and I hope you enjoy 'Our Blues', which depicts various life stories as if you were listening to various music.” 

On the other hand, Bae Hyun-seong and Noh Yoon-seo, who were the focus of the 5th episode of 'Young-ju and Hyun', will appear in a special behind-the-scenes episode where they will talk with senior actors through Naver Now's 'Our Blues Special Show'. This will be broadcasted at 6 pm on Saturday, the 30th.

• Insightful 2

On 4/29/2022 at 1:38 PM, peperomia said:

I really hope their grandchild turns out to be a blessing in disguise for them - two enemies unexpectedly become "friends" for the sake of family.

Same ...but first the fathers will have to trash it out as per the new stills

BF.29811410.1.jpg

Hope SeonAh gets the help she needs

BF.29811063.1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Another hard hitting episode that got me glued to the screen completely. We knew it wouldn't be easy for the fathers to take the news. But these two young ones have my heart and support because they demonstrate so much maturity at this age. That they choose their baby & each other. That their love & their child is no mistake. Of course it won't be easy raising a child given their situation, but when there's a will there's a way. Hyun is really a great young man - because he has chose to "man up" , I have a bit more faith that YJ will get the support she needs. 

The episode focused quite a bit on the history between the fathers - they were both clearly good friends but it looks liky YJ's dad's gambling habits lead to the breakdown of their friendship.  But you know I think this friendship may be saved and they could really become in laws..

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Another hard hitting episode that got me glued to the screen completely. We knew it wouldn't be easy for the fathers to take the news. But these two young ones have my heart and support because they demonstrate so much maturity at this age. That they choose their baby & each other. That their love & their child is no mistake. Of course it won't be easy raising a child given their situation, but when there's a will there's a way. Hyun is really a great young man - because he has chose to "man up" , I have a bit more faith that YJ will get the support she needs. 

The episode focused quite a bit on the history between the fathers - they were both clearly good friends but it looks liky YJ's dad's gambling habits lead to the breakdown of their friendship.  But you know I think this friendship may be saved and they could really become in laws..

It was another good episode. The scenes with their father made me cry, especially the ones between Hyeon Ju and Ho Sik. We want to see their fathers support them in this, but from a parent's perspective, their emotions are understandable in that moment. It's a situation that is difficult to accept because they're worried their children's future is in jeopardy and will suffer. It was very realistic. I agree with your praise for Hyeon. He is really a presentation of a man while still young in age. Not that it's impossible for Hyeon Ju to raise the baby alone, but it's with him by her side why I have a lot of faith they can do this together. They knew telling their fathers, facing their classmates and teachers would be like the typhoon coming...it will hit hard at them, but it will pass and they will be okay. I am proud of them for standing firm in their decision together.

I was pleased we got the backstory of the fathers. They shouldn't be this upset because they had requested to be in-laws through their kids. LOL. I kid...I know very well not under these circumstances. You were right that the fathers need to hash out their issues first. Because they were good friends in the past, I also think there's hope their friendship can be salvaged as well.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@peperomia Looks like it's just down to me & you here..:laugh:...

Anyhow, if yesterday was good , today was fantastic. They really got the casting right with Hyun, YJ and their fathers. The emotional scenes were just the best. But my favorite has got to be this scene...my tears just flowed. I have more to say but it's late. Will write more tomorrow

FRrx1ikaAAIqoJX?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM LOL. Yes...I started to figure that it's just me and you here. :laugh:

I agree...this episode was exceptional. I think it got us right in the heart. I cried watching YJ and her father, but totally bawled like a baby with Hyeon and his father. What a revelation that Hyeon could have left with his mother when he was young, but he chose to stay by his father's side. And, it seemed his father did try his best to turn his life around to not be an embarrassment to his son. There's so much to appreciate in this episode, including the underlying friendship between the fathers. Well done!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I am still here. I'm just not as invested in this drama or the stories before so I don't have too much to say. But with Hyun and Young Joo's story, I do, and I am of the opposite opinion so I'm here to so-called rant (Haha).

In this instance, I relate to both fathers more than the young couple and is against keeping the child by throwing away their potentially better/brighter future. The fathers were both single parent raising their child, they know how tough it was to raise the kids. They also worked hard to give these two a better future unlike themselves who didn't exactly live a good/diligent life. So naturally, they have expectations on Hyun and Young Joo.

I find Young Joo being selfish from the get-go i.e., down to the timing she picked to inform Ho Sik. I was thinking, "Girl, you could have let your father finish his ramen first before dropping the bomb!". And then there's her plan of having her father getting them a place to stay and taking care of the baby for her so that she gets to go to Seoul.

Even though they think they know it'll be hard, but I don't believe they truly know how hard it will be until they actually experience it. Just like how I wish I would grew up quick and start working to earn my own living, but I never knew how stressful or exhaustive work can be until I've actually worked. They are romanticizing their future, or I should say the drama writer is.

I feel extremely sorry for Ho Sik because it's his precious little girl here. It's just a father's feelings towards his precious daughter, you know? I could see Ho Sik's world crumble then and there. And being a female is always at a disadvantage in this sexist society so I feel Ho Sik's pain a lot more.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed this story more than the other adults. And oh, despite I feel sorry for both fathers, I did LOL-ed at their reactions when their kids told them. 😅

I had 18 Again in mind when I watched these episodes. One way or another, one of them are going to have regrets later when life gets tough. For Hyun and Young Joo, they will win against their fathers and Halmoni deul will assist in babysitting, unlike 18 Again couple but still, that's a lot of sacrifices they are asking from their fathers - who have spent all their life raising them and now they have to help raise the grandchild, which they are not obligated to.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

n this instance, I relate to both fathers more than the young couple and is against keeping the child by throwing away their potentially better/brighter future. The fathers were both single parent raising their child, they know how tough it was to raise the kids. They also worked hard to give these two a better future unlike themselves who didn't exactly live a good/diligent life. So naturally, they have expectations on Hyun and Young Joo.

Get where you're coming from being a parent myself ...God forbid if this happens to me...I dunno what I will do. But I also see this little baby ( 6 months - very well formed - a precious human life ) as innocent and that it will be hard to end a life. When you hear a baby's heartbeat , it is a life , no matter what. (And also to have to physically push the baby out to abort it will traumatise me for life :lettalKWA:)

In instances like this emotional decisions will tend to override the rational ones , and may not always a bad thing. Parenting is hard of course no matter what age but it is not impossible to raise a child if you have a village behind you...I believe these two will have both their fathers and the others support them in some way.

21 hours ago, peperomia said:

There's so much to appreciate in this episode, including the underlying friendship between the fathers. Well done!

I love that we got to see the history between the fathers. The reason why this pregnancy thing blew up as big as it did was also because there was a lot emotional baggage between the fathers, and also between the children and the fathers. In some strange way it all got trashed out thanks to this.

Aww looks like we have to say goodbye to the 4...I hope we still get sneak peeks of how things turn out for them

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I've missed episodes 5, 6 & 7 but watched 8, so I got the gist of what's happening with the teenage pregnancy and the fathers.

Got to say I agree with @mademoiselle.

The 2 kids are brave but too presumptuous. Now, they are still in the throes of love and think they can conquer anything. But once there is financial pressure and a bawling baby day and night, things are not going to look so rosy.

They are both smart and doing well in school. Right from the first episode, when the parents were fighting on the street, you could see they were embarrassed by their parents and couldn't wait to leave the island. That's their dream. Hyeon is sacrificing a lot by dropping out of school (is it temporary - does he plan to go back to school after YJ graduates?). Because how long will he be happy working at the convenience store and doing odd jobs?

And I too think that Yeong Ju seems a selfish person. There was a scene where she was on the phone with Hyeon (while he was working) - it seemed like she wanted to chit-chat / wanted reassurance etc. And another scene, where she asked him to go to the motel after he had worked the whole day. My first reaction was come on, he has enough on his plate. You need to be more independent. You can't expect him to always be there to give you emotional support - what about what he needs?

So when YJ was experiencing pain/weakness, I thought the best is if she miscarried.

I don't have faith that their relationship can last, even if they can get through the few years until YJ graduates. There is going to be an education/career gap between them. It's classic. Will she in turn support him financially and emotionally if he wants to return to school? Look at the way she treats her father and expecting him to give in to her.

• Like 3

@mademoiselle @Chocolate I totally understand your point of view. When I was their age, my mom’s number one fear was teenage pregnancy. All she wanted was to see her kids finish their education without any setbacks. With regards to YJ ad Hyeon though, I happen to share similar feelings as @abs-oluteM. After seeing the baby in the ultrasound and hearing its heartbeat, I think it becomes difficult to say what is the right or wrong decision. Furthermore, she is already 6 months into her pregnancy and at this term, abortion is illegal. There’s that to consider too. There are downsides of an abortion at this point too.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 minutes ago, peperomia said:

With regards to YJ ad Hyeon though, I happen to share similar feelings as @abs-oluteM. After seeing the baby in the ultrasound and hearing its heartbeat, I think it becomes difficult to say what is the right or wrong decision. Furthermore, she is already 6 months into her pregnancy and at this term, abortion is illegal. There’s that to consider too. There are downsides of an abortion at this point too.

Yes. Definitely, it's too late for an abortion, especially since it is illegal.

In my head, I keep thinking, who is going to look after the baby when H is working and YJ is at school? What is the plan if she is going to Seoul? It's so hard. Then I remember that their fathers brought them up single-handedly too. So it can be done. Family support would be really important. H and his dad look to be on their way to mending their relationship. Let's see what happens with YJ and her dad.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1