Jump to content

Our Blues 우리들의 블루스 [2022]


movingwheel

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I haven't been to SG's wet markets but hawker centre, the one I went was considered pretty clean! Forgot which one I went - maybe Newton (aimed at tourist). Plus SG is so strict on cleanliness, I thought?

 

At hawker centres, the tables are not cleaned well and sometimes you have to share tables when it is crowded. Now we have started a new rule that everyone must return their trays so it is slightly better. Newton is nice as it is open air - I eat there frequently too.

 

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Couldn't find on Google or social media. Wait, country president...? As in a country's President? Singaporean? Anyone's crush became a celebrity?

 

Haha, a company's country president lah.

 

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I don't think the divorce would involve Eun Hee. I was thinking maybe the wife found a guy in the US.

 

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind that. Then Han Soo and Eun Hee can be together.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Has anyone seen episode 2 yet? I am curious what you all think about Han Su's actions so far. :thinking:

I hope he doesn't go through with his plans in the next episode. I would hate for him to dig himself a bigger hole. It's too bad Eun Hee didn't hear him in the ocean when he asked to her lend him money. She knows he is married and genuinely treats him like a good old friend. If he was open and honest with her, I am positive she would have lent him the money. I still don't get why he is going this far for his daughter's golf career though. She seemed to be fine with giving it up. No one is happy at this rate.

 

Lee Byung Hun/Dong Seok is interesting and has his problems too. I wonder why he and his mother cut off ties. I can't believe they did not acknowledge each other at all at the market. Then, there's him and Shin Min Ah/Seon Ah. What is going on between them?

 

15 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I go supermarkets myself too as I'm not good at bargaining. I leave the wet markets to my mum 😂 Yes, come! The food is good and cheap (relatively). Like when I go US/Europe, I can't bear to pay $20 for 2 pcs of Sushi or Dim Sum, because it costs $4 at home. But it will take some getting used to for foreigners as wet markets are... wet, and hawker centres are not so clean. I usually buy and takeaway and eat in comfort at home.

 

I am not good at bargaining neither, but my mom is. She will do it at Chinatown and honestly, it's kind of embarrassing at times. She can be like the lady customer at Eun Hee's fish stall. LOL. Singapore is on my bucket list so one day! Wet markets would be new for me, but I've seen YouTube videos of hawker stands so should be fine. Good idea to takeaway and eat comfortably at home. 

Edited by peperomia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, peperomia said:

Has anyone seen episode 2 yet? I am curious what you all think about Han Su's actions so far. 

 

I hope he doesn't go through with his plans in the next episode. I would hate for him to dig himself a bigger hole. It's too bad Eun Hee didn't hear him in the ocean when he asked to her lend him money. She knows he is married and genuinely treats him like a good old friend. If he was open and honest with her, I am positive she would have lent him the money. I still don't get why he is going this far for his daughter's golf career though. She seemed to be fine with giving it up. No one is happy at this rate.

 

Lee Byung Hun/Dong Seok is interesting and has his problems too. I wonder why he and his mother cut off ties. I can't believe they did not acknowledge each other at all at the market. Then, there's him and Shin Min Ah/Seon Ah. What is going on between them?


Oh dear, Han Soo is in a sad state. And talk about small world. How embarrassing it is for him if all his friends knew how financially tight he was. He was the one who went to the big city and they all thought he would be the most successful. They never thought he would be hard pressed to pay that karaoke bill.

 

On the ferry, Eun Hui thanks him for growing up well, otherwise her memories would be ruined 😭 How to ask her for money now?

 

Eun Hui still likes him, and he knows it. Thus the desperate measures. But I can understand her perspective. If it were me, I would also go on the trip and I would share the room too. She thinks he is heading for divorce so she is giving herself a chance.

 

Han Soo/Eun Hui’s story should end in episode 3. It’s the start of the series so I don’t think the writer will make us so cynical so early. I think he will confess, Eun Hui will give him some advice, and the golfing will stop.

 

Separately, Shin Min Ah was brutal! The guy kisses you and then you treat him as a taxi driver? 😂 

 

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
Link to comment

I just finished episode 2. It's not as fun as episode 1 because old Han Soo is so miserable right now. He says he's separated from his wife and heading towards divorce, but is that really true?

 

I think he wouldn't be able to go through it and will fess up in the next episode, and all of his friends will lend him money. To be honest I can understand why he stubbornly wanted to continue supporting his daughter. He's spent so much for 13 years and she has to succeed so she can pay the debt back. Otherwise with his salary, he won't be able to pay anyone back and have enough to support the family.

 

As for Shin Min Ah, I have trouble adjusting her pairing from KSH to LBH ~ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Oh dear, Han Soo is in a sad state. And talk about small world. How embarrassing it is for him if all his friends knew how financially tight he was. He was the one who went to the big city and they all thought he would be the most successful. They never thought he would be hard pressed to pay that karaoke bill.

 

On the ferry, Eun Hui thanks him for growing up well, otherwise her memories would be ruined 😭 How to ask her for money now?

 

Eun Hui still likes him, and he knows it. Thus the desperate measures. But I can understand her perspective. If it were me, I would also go on the trip and I would share the room too. She thinks he is heading for divorce so she is giving herself a chance.

 

Han Soo/Eun Hui’s story should end in episode 3. It’s the start of the series so I don’t think the writer will make us so cynical so early. I think he will confess, Eun Hui will give him some advice, and the golfing will stop.

 

I know...it's embarrassing that people are starting to find out his financial situation. Maybe it's a good thing actually so those who are his real friends will either help or knock some sense into him. (Karaoke scene was funny - lightened the mood of this episode a little bit. LOL.)

 

I totally get Han Su's mindset of not wanting to ruin good memories for Eun Hee, but the deception so far is not worth ruining their friendship. She has feelings for him, but I really do think she would have helped him just as a friend.

 

I do hope the writer is just trying to show us his momentary lapse of judgment and he will end up of telling her the truth. He does seem to genuinely care about her.

 

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I just finished episode 2. It's not as fun as episode 1 because old Han Soo is so miserable right now. He says he's separated from his wife and heading towards divorce, but is that really true?

 

The tone of episode 2 took a quick turn from episode 1. Title "Our Blues" kind of makes sense now. LOL. My understanding is that Han Su lied about the separation/divorce. :psweatduck:

 

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I think he wouldn't be able to go through it and will fess up in the next episode, and all of his friends will lend him money. To be honest I can understand why he stubbornly wanted to continue supporting his daughter. He's spent so much for 13 years and she has to succeed so she can pay the debt back. Otherwise with his salary, he won't be able to pay anyone back and have enough to support the family.

 

This is a very good point.

 

13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Separately, Shin Min Ah was brutal! The guy kisses you and then you treat him as a taxi driver? 😂

 

Yes! I couldn't believe after all that, she suddenly shut down and went to sit in the back. LOL.

 

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

As for Shin Min Ah, I have trouble adjusting her pairing from KSH to LBH ~ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

 

I thought it was just me. I mean, it was an awkward kiss (supposed to I think), but I felt awkward seeing this two together in general. I am hoping it won't be this way in their next scenes. :laugh:

 

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

BTS

 

Looks like they are having a good time filming!

Edited by peperomia
Typos.
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, peperomia said:

I thought it was just me. I mean, it was an awkward kiss (supposed to I think), but I felt awkward seeing this two together in general. I am hoping it won't be this way in their next scenes.

LOLLLL glad to know it's not just me, it's just... the visual is just... not there! Both Shin Min Ah and Kim Seon Ho are like... pretty to swoon at and their dimples.... the dimples! I really think I like men up to a certain age group and neither Cha Seung Won and Lee Byung Han are doing it for me :laugh: in here, LOL. LBH in Mr. Sunshine was alright though so I guess it's all about the visual presentation. :lmao2:

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
On 4/12/2022 at 4:41 AM, peperomia said:

I totally get Han Su's mindset of not wanting to ruin good memories for Eun Hee, but the deception so far is not worth ruining their friendship. She has feelings for him, but I really do think she would have helped him just as a friend.

Agreed...I was so upset with Han Su for doing this. He was lying about the separation and he was using Eun Hee's vulnerability ( he can tell she still had feelings for him) to secure some cash. I hope he will stop this before it's too late though the preview does show them sharing a room on the trip :psweatduck:.

 

The issue here is Han Su. It isn't even his wife or daughter who has clearly decided that they want to give up on golf. It feels to me that it is more his ambition to see his daughter be the golf pro than it is hers. And because he's dug such a big hole (financially) and his pride is at stake, he just won't/ can't  give it up. Cause in his mind , if he gives up , all the sacrifice will amount to nothing. However if he was less stubborn and try to view it differently - it is not too late to cut his losses and rebuild their lives.

 

22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

LOLLLL glad to know it's not just me, it's just... the visual is just... not there! Both Shin Min Ah and Kim Seon Ho are like... pretty to swoon at and their dimples.... the dimples! I really think I like men up to a certain age group and neither Cha Seung Won and Lee Byung Han are doing it for me :laugh: in here, LOL. LBH in Mr. Sunshine was alright though so I guess it's all about the visual presentation.

It was awkward for me too. Just didn't feel anything . Initially I thought maybe the age gap looked too jarring but then this is not the first time that SMA is paired with a relatively older actor. I liked her pairing with Lee Jung Jae in Chief of Staff . 

 

Anyway , the eye candy here for me is KWB. Nice to see him back on screen. But I wonder why Yeong Ok (Han Ji Min) is putting him at arm's length even though it feels like they both are attracted to each other. 

  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: - Wed-Thurs:  - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Doctor Slump C-drama: - 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway , the eye candy here for me is KWB. Nice to see him back on screen. But I wonder why Yeong Ok (Han Ji Min) is putting him at arm's length even though it feels like they both are attracted to each other. 

There are two eye candies. One is Woo Bin, the other potential one is No. 2 in school (son of one of the male character). He's the twin brother in HosPlay and Lee Jae Wook's brother in Extraordinary You. Young Han Su is pretty charming too.

 

My issue with Yeong Ok is why is she flirting with everybody.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyway , the eye candy here for me is KWB. Nice to see him back on screen. But I wonder why Yeong Ok (Han Ji Min) is putting him at arm's length even though it feels like they both are attracted to each other. 

 

It is nice to see KWB on screen again and looking healthy! His character seems sweet. He made sure his friends got home safely after a night of drinking. I have the same question re: Yeong Ok as well. She seems to like him too, but does not want him to like her. Very strange. I am curious to know what her issues may be.

 

19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

My issue with Yeong Ok is why is she flirting with everybody.

 

Does Yeong Ok seem to own or run a bar of some sort? Maybe her flirty-ness is her way of interacting with the patrons?

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Aigoooooo so sad...EH found that HS wasn't divorcing his wife and all his $$ problems. This was during their Makpo trip. He fessed up, apologised and he left. Later she calmed down and knowing how desperate he was , deposited $2m into his account. But he returned it and finally did the right thing by bringing his family back & giving up on his daughter's golf career.

 

Regardless I feel so bad for Eun Hee ...

EH: Today, now, I have lost a life long friend. 

 

Image

 

Spoiler

Image

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Mon-Tues: - Wed-Thurs:  - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Doctor Slump C-drama: - 

Link to comment

It was hard to watch HS trying to pretend, but not very successful at hiding the discomfort (need a better word) he was feeling. EH gave him an easy out by confronting him instead of letting him ask first.

 

I was surprised that HS left EH at the hotel to find her own transportation home. I was also disappointed that he did not make the effort to meet her a last time to properly thank her and apologise after returning her money.


At the end, it seems EH suffered more than HS. HS’s family is intact and happier now than before. They can work to save again. Despite their text messages at the end, they were all platitudes. EH knows that and her cherished memories of a good period in her life are forever lost.

 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Who do you guys think Han Ji Min is saying "I love you" to? I don't think it is her lover. I'm guessing it's her child.


I think so too but would that be too simplistic? And whoever was on the other end called her a b****.

 

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

It was hard to watch HS trying to pretend, but not very successful at hiding the discomfort (need a better word) he was feeling. EH gave him an easy out by confronting him instead of letting him ask first.

 

I was surprised that HS left EH at the hotel to find her own transportation home. I was also disappointed that he did not make the effort to meet her a last time to properly thank her and apologise after returning her money.


At the end, it seems EH suffered more than HS. HS’s family is intact and happier now than before. They can work to save again. Despite their text messages at the end, they were all platitudes. EH knows that and her cherished memories of a good period in her life are forever lost.

 

I felt exactly the same watching everything pan out. I would like to believe the discomfort means Han Su was wrestling with his conscious and in the end, he would not have followed through with this plans. (He could not look at Eun Hee the whole time she described what they would likely do next at the hotel.) Nonetheless, it was Eun Hee who confronted him versus Han Su outright confessing everything. I guess the most important outcome out of all this is she did not get more hurt than she already did. After how he treated her, I am glad her memories/image of him are ruined and she said "goodbye". It was a good reality check for her.

 

Another thing is... It was not Ha Su who told his family to forgo the golf dream and come home. His wife and daughter decided it was best for them all. Honestly, they saved him from his rut.

 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Who do you guys think Han Ji Min is saying "I love you" to? I don't think it is her lover. I'm guessing it's her child.

 

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

I think so too but would that be too simplistic? And whoever was on the other end called her a b****.

 

While on the call, Yeong Ok also said "It is not one-sided." I don't know...she seemed to have said it to appease that person. I got the feeling he is an abusive ex/"lover" of some sort.

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

It was hard to watch HS trying to pretend, but not very successful at hiding the discomfort (need a better word) he was feeling. EH gave him an easy out by confronting him instead of letting him ask first.

Both of them were feeling uneasy with one another. I think that eventually trigger my FF.

50 minutes ago, peperomia said:

While on the call, Yeong Ok also said "It is not one-sided." I don't know...she seemed to have said it to appease that person. I got the feeling he is an abusive ex/"lover" of some sort.

I still think it's a child rather than ex-lover. One sided can mean the child thinking "Mum, I care about you more than you care about me / I want to see you more than I feel you want to see me"... she reminds me of someone who got knocked up and still want to have a life of her own and perhaps find this child burdensome... yet she knows she has the responsibility to work and feed her/him.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, peperomia said:

Another thing is... It was not Ha Su who told his family to forgo the golf dream and come home. His wife and daughter decided it was best for them all. Honestly, they saved him from his rut.

 

While on the call, Yeong Ok also said "It is not one-sided." I don't know...she seemed to have said it to appease that person. I got the feeling he is an abusive ex/"lover" of some sort.


Exactly. If not because it is Cha Seung Won, I would say Han Soo is quite a coward/a**h*** and good riddance 😬

 

Re Yeong Ok, maybe it’s not an ex. And could he be disabled or he knows some secret so she can’t break it off?

 

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
Link to comment

So will all the stories ended up in blues? 

 

I think I got choked up a bit watching episode 3. Hate what HS did to EH. But she's really a good friend and a great character. She can see far beyond the lies and still thinking about their friendship. I guess she also had her own closure as she finally bid him farewell as her first love in her notes. 

  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif
 

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

mm, looks like Jung Hyun knock up Bang Young Joo...

Aiyo teenage pregnancy...headache. :BulbaConfused:

 

I just finished eps 3 ...it was so hard to watch it because I couldn't take Han Su going so low - especially because when you see the flashbacks that he was such a cool character.

Anyway the storyline I have been waiting for ...

 

From Naver: 

Image

 

Park Jung-joon told Lee Young-ok, "Let's date." Lee Young-ok said, "You're going to get hurt." In response, Park Jung-jun said, "You don't have to hurt me, do you?" and "Do you need time to think?" After Lee Young-ok answered, "No," she approached Park Jung-jun and kissed him

 

  • Like 3

Mon-Tues: - Wed-Thurs:  - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Doctor Slump C-drama: - 

Link to comment
14 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

If the theme is "Our Blues", is that mean none of the supposed pairing will have happy ending?

 

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

So will all the stories ended up in blues? 

 

Now that we have seen most of the characters and a bit of their backgrounds, it does seem so 😨

 

And Young Ok & Jung Joon's story seems to be resolved only in ep14-15...

 

EP.1-3 Han Soo & Eun Hee

EP.4 Young Ok & Jung Joon

EP.5 Young Joo & Hyun

EP.6 Dong Seok & Seon Ah

EP.7-8 Ik Won & Ho Shik

EP.9-10 Dong Seok & Seon Ah

EP.11 Dong Seok & Seon Ah - Young Ok & Jung Joon

EP.12-13 Mi Ran & Eun Hee

EP.14-15 Young Ok & Jung Joon and...

EP.16-17 Cheon Hee & Eun Gi

EP.18-20 Ok Dong & Dong Seok

 

  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use