Nothing But You 爱情而已 [2023]

Tofu

9 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Cringe kind... like some things he says to her... "Why? You like bad boys?" - omg

Hahaha. But he's acting exactly the part. Inexperienced, in love, wiling to do anything for the woman he loves. He's young so he's still finding his way around. Give him 10 years and some success, and he will be closer to LBY lol.

• Haha 3

I think Lei Lei's badminton swing is much better in the latter episode (6 I think). More believable now.

27 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Hahaha. But he's acting exactly the part. Inexperienced, in love, wiling to do anything for the woman he loves. He's young so he's still finding his way around. Give him 10 years and some success, and he will be closer to LBY lol.

It's a bit worrisome for this part. He gets over his abandon fear and fall in love with Noona. What of Noona also abandon him (or break up) then is he going to go downhill again? 😅

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

The problem is when the wind blows, it goes out of shape. He has a lot of bad angles in this drama 😂

Are you on leave from work? Why are you watching TV lol

Means he's not using hair gel or spray. Yeah I took leave to catch up on dramas lol. Nah kidding.

• Haha 2

Is it bad that other than FF the side characters' scenes (not interested in her step-sister and Jiao Jiao's loveline), I also FF our main leads'? The most interesting part for me now is actually seeing Song San Chuan get into tennis, playing tennis, getting approval from the coach.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Is it bad that other than FF the side characters' scenes (not interested in her step-sister and Jiao Jiao's loveline), I also FF our main leads'? The most interesting part for me now is actually seeing Song San Chuan get into tennis, playing tennis, getting approval from the coach.

Then there’s not very much to watch 😂 This drama is not really about sports. But the coach is quite a character.

I liked 3 points about Ep26:

1. He found his mother 😭 And that helped him to overcome his mind block.

2. He finally called An Cong “father”. This relationship is one of the better parts of the drama.

3. He asked You An whether their night together was really because of alcohol or because of him. She said it was her 20yo self with 20yo SSC. That was a really great answer.

• Haha 2

Is the show going to match You An's BFF with the coach?? I think they match xD

Spoiler

Why they keep making Lei Lei wear pink?

@Chocolate I'm up to episode 20 but not very interested in the drama. It is definitely not as engaging as LLTG. I quite like the coach. I find his scene interesting and amusing to watch.

I suppose I should continue because the bed scene is in episode 21 isn't it? xD

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is the show going to match You An's BFF with the coach?? I think they match xD

Reveal hidden contents

Why they keep making Lei Lei wear pink?

@Chocolate I'm up to episode 20 but not very interested in the drama. It is definitely not as engaging as LLTG. I quite like the coach. I find his scene interesting and amusing to watch.

I suppose I should continue because the bed scene is in episode 21 isn't it? xD

Yeah, if not for Wu Lei, I wouldn't watch too. That's why 2 ep a day is enough, no wonder you're quite bored if you're binging.

That's why I say there's a problem with Wu Lei's styling! It matches his character as a struggling athlete but not very good for us viewers 😂

Yes, I think YA's BFF will be with the coach. But not many scenes together so far.

• Haha 2

@mademoiselle @Chocolate your comments here are cracking me up and way more interesting then some parts of the show which I have watched on FF. I like the tennis bits and I also feel relatively invested in the romance ( am just done with eps 15).

I know Ling Bu Yi is hard to beat as a character, but I do love SSC. Lei Lei has this way with how he looks at her with much adoration - that wonderful sparkle which cold cold LBY was trying hard not to show in LLTG. Anyway , I am not sure why this noona here is rejecting  him at this point :laugh:.He's such a good looking fella and has a wonderful personality -  if I were her I would have given it a shot. I get she's still iffy about the age gap  and  probably thinks it is not too professional , but SSC is clearly a gifted athlete. No one can accuse them of favoritism when he has already proven himself by transitioning so quickly to a new sport. Plus in competitive sports, you prove yourself through winning.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

That's why I say there's a problem with Wu Lei's styling! It matches his character as a struggling athlete but not very good for us viewers

Yeah I get what you mean esp when his hair is wet (from the sweat). He would have looked better if he just flipped the wet hair upwards.

26 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I know Ling Bu Yi is hard to beat as a character, but I do love SSC. Lei Lei has this way with how he looks at her with much adoration - that wonderful sparkle which cold cold LBY was trying hard not to show in LLTG.

Yeah I did notice his sparkling eyes but the whole show/character just isn't as intriguing/attractive as LLTG. Jiao Jiao's dad is super annoying. The side characters are just not as interesting. Don't mean to compare of course. Some stuff is actually relatable but I have no patience for it LOL. And You An likes to make too many speeches, so I FF that too xDDDD

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh my guys. Did they decided to release all episodes in one go. I was sure last night there are only 26 or 28 episodes and all of a sudden all 38 episodes are available!

I just noticed too! Think I’ll finish this weekend.

Ep 29 was quite exciting.

Spoiler

I thought he would lose because the trailers showed he will be severely injured.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Just done EP35. Got to say, the more I watch, the more I don't like this relationship 😅

Which/whose relationship?

4 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

What kind of acting is this? 😨 Look at all the veins 😱

I'm guessing holding his breath. Hyun Bin in MoA (when he was stabbed by Emma) and Rowoon in E3 of Tomorrow made me wonder too how they force the veins out or made their faces go all red, the only thing I can think of is holding their breath. It's the only way that they won't physically have to hurt themselves yet effectively look like they are struggling (in pain). What do you guys think?

===

I FF through the drama and just completed the finale. I don't have much to say. :laugh:

• Haha 3
On 4/7/2023 at 10:40 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I know Ling Bu Yi is hard to beat as a character, but I do love SSC. Lei Lei has this way with how he looks at her with much adoration - that wonderful sparkle which cold cold LBY was trying hard not to show in LLTG. Anyway , I am not sure why this noona here is rejecting  him at this point. He's such a good looking fella and has a wonderful personality -  if I were her I would have given it a shot. I get she's still iffy about the age gap  and  probably thinks it is not too professional , but SSC is clearly a gifted athlete. No one can accuse them of favoritism when he has already proven himself by transitioning so quickly to a new sport. Plus in competitive sports, you prove yourself through winning. 

You're spot on. That's how they dealt with the favoritism issue.

The best thing about Wu Lei really is his eyes. I've been watching the promotional videos and some interviews and his eyes are so bright and sparkly all the time! And agree, the way he looks adoringly at a woman he loves is irresistible 🥰 I'm looking forward to his next romance!

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Which/whose relationship?

===

I FF through the drama and just completed the finale. I don't have much to say. :laugh:

Hahahaha, at least you finished.

Song San Chuan and Liang You An. Ep 35, he went off to sign the sponsorship contract thinking he could help her, but that's the stupidest thing to do 🙄 Boy, you've got to trust her professional advice. She's not just your girlfriend. Of course by then, she was whining and being a baby so much when they were together - it was cringe for me too 🥶 But I must admit to double standards. Because when SSC whines, it is endearing 🤣, mostly.

That said, the drama did bring up and resolve quite well most of the considerations/objections you would have for a younger less successful man + older more successful woman type of relationship. I don't particularly agree with Liang Tao and Jiang Jiao Jiao's marriage (really, what's the hurry?) but she brought up a good point which is that she likes the idea of marrying at 20, who knows/cares how she will feel when she is 30? I think this applies to SSC and LYA. There are no guarantees but if you are well aware, then the risk is worth taking. Versus regret.

This is mainly a romance, with a sports backdrop. Thus, the tennis scenes are not so extensive. I think Wu Lei can play tennis - he gets the strokes right but whether the ball lands in the court is another matter haha - it seems they've used a double for some of the scenes.

This drama is a 6.5 for me.

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm looking forward to his next romance!

I hope for a better romance because I'm not into this one. Remember how much I was swooning at the OTP's behind the scenes in LLTG. I had no feel for this pairing although I don't dislike them.

Song San Chuan and Liang You An. Ep 35, he went off to sign the sponsorship contract thinking he could help her, but that's the stupidest thing to do 🙄 Boy, you've got to trust her professional advice. She's not just your girlfriend. Of course by then, she was whining and being a baby so much when they were together - it was cringe for me too 🥶 But I must admit to double standards. Because when SSC whines, it is endearing 🤣, mostly.

Your comment is so funny especially the last one. Hahaha! True, when I saw him at Yi Su I was like "Oh no"...and then FF. Ahahahahaha!

I don't particularly agree with Liang Tao and Jiang Jiao Jiao's marriage (really, what's the hurry?) but she brought up a good point which is that she likes the idea of marrying at 20, who knows/cares how she will feel when she is 30? I think this applies to SSC and LYA. There are no guarantees but if you are well aware, then the risk is worth taking. Versus regret.

There are some very practical/realistic issues in this drama. Like when a parent worries about their children getting married so early. I'd be too coz they aren't even financially stable yet. I think what Liang Tao convinced me about her marriage with Jiao Jiao is he loves her for her and didn't care about her background and upbringing. In that sense, I think she found herself a worthy guy to be with and so why not make the most of it now. Feelings and passion will eventually subside for anyone, at least she knows she found a good man. Same for Song San Chuan. I like that he tells You An to do what she wants/feels but goes and take care of her dad for her. That was a lovely gesture. I can relate with You An in this matter and I also understand where San Chuan came from (that regret he talks about coz I've seen it). I'm trying not to have this regret as well but I'm also like You An which I don't want to be forced to do things I don't want to do.

This is mainly a romance, with a sports backdrop. Thus, the tennis scenes are not so extensive. I think Wu Lei can play tennis - he gets the strokes right but whether the ball lands in the court is another matter haha - it seems they've used a double for some of the scenes.

I am glad they put in a decent amount of tennis in there. I think knowing Lei Lei, he likes to look believable so I'm sure he's gone and took some badminton and tennis lessons. It would have been nice if they release some behind the scenes of him learning badminton and tennis... have they? Must admit I didn't go out of my way to look for/watch behind the scenes or cuts for this drama.

• Clapping Hands 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Same for Song San Chuan. I like that he tells You An to do what she wants/feels but goes and take care of her dad for her. That was a lovely gesture. I can relate with You An in this matter and I also understand where San Chuan came from (that regret he talks about coz I've seen it). I'm trying not to have this regret as well but I'm also like You An which I don't want to be forced to do things I don't want to do.

Yes, SSC has wonderful character. He just supports her, as she does him as well.

Spoiler

I wish you the best in your situation. As long as you are comfortable/can live with the result, that's all the matters.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I am glad they put in a decent amount of tennis in there. I think knowing Lei Lei, he likes to look believable so I'm sure he's gone and took some badminton and tennis lessons. It would have been nice if they release some behind the scenes of him learning badminton and tennis... have they? Must admit I didn't go out of my way to look for/watch behind the scenes or cuts for this drama.

I think there was, but not many. I didn't save those though.

Spoiler

I'm quite curious about this reaction though.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1