Nothing But You 爱情而已 [2023]

Tofu

The last few episodes have been a bit slow. It's about his switch from badminton to tennis but he's mostly working and trying to learn tennis on the side. Last 10 min of episode 14 is quite exciting as he gets to try to beat the new coach.

There are also a few secondary romances in this. Yong An's step sister and her ex-boss's son + Yong An's good friend and the coach.

Nice pics

:laugh: 

It's true, there are a lot of scenes where he doesn't look his "best" lol.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
9 hours ago, Chocolate said:

The last few episodes have been a bit slow.

Agreed. The last few episodes were a bit slow and I struggled a bit not to FF as much. Haha! I haven't watched today's episodes yet but it seems like the coach will bring some excitement to the tennis club due to his way of training. 

Wu Lei looked great in the suit! 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Oh no! He got rejected 🤣

But asking everyone, if you are/were 30 and a 20 year old wanted to date you, would you?

Depends on how handsome he is  ahahahah...more like if we can get along. Usually at that point when you are 30, your station in life is quite different from someone who is 20...so there might be a generational gap there. Maybe if he is in his mid or late 20s and even if you are in your late 30s , I think it may be easier since he has entered the workforce. 

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I like the show so far but I am only done till episode 4 :laugh:. I am watching at snail speed. This is like LLTG all over again where everyone is way ahead of me.

But just to say, despite the 10 year age gap, I feel the leads of have chemistry. I don't mind that he is green or whatever in the romance department , cause I like the person that he is. He's got way better personality than the guy that she supposedly likes - the one who is going to Singapore. The way that told her about his plans for marriage etc felt like he was doing a business deal and that turned me off completely. 

It's interesting that both leads are somewhat stuck in their own situations in life - but actually the only person who can lift them out of that is themselves. In life , there are a lot of excuses we can give ourselves when we can't seem to progress. But honestly , they are just excuses. She needs to walk away from that boss of hers. That man has no sincerity in helping her.  SSC needs to address that trauma of his with regards to the abandonment from his mother. Changing career and pathways is not a bad idea, and may provide a fresh start. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Hahaha don't worry, I'm behind you at the moment. I've only watched 2 episodes. I'm like late with everything - haven't even seen Attorney Shin or try the new Joseon Lawyer.

@Chocolate Is Song San Chuan so far so good for you? Ling Bu Yi and even Ashile Sun are so charming but I don't feel anything for SSC in the first 2 episodes.

===

Something random that I noticed when watching... whenever Lei Lei sits down he keeps his legs wide open! Is that a Wu Lei thing or he created for this character? It annoys me - hahahahaha! This "Jie Jie" would want to tell him to sit properly! 😂

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

I'm catching up and have reached up to Ep. 13. SSC warms up on you and wow what a bold move to change his sports career. I love their dynamic but everyone else is blah. Toxic corporate work places and patriarchy at its best. Spoiled rich kids. It's a realistic approach but man, is it a bit too real? 😅 It's like their encountering nonstop snobby people. However, I will have to say, SSC is a literal walking green flag. 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/@dramabler 

IG/FB: dramabler 

@dramabler am only at eps 6 but SCS already has my heart . I can’t stand the teammate of his that they are sponsoring , and SCS ‘s situation would have made a lovely underdog sort of story. Too bad Young Space boss cannot see out of the box . Talking about the boss , I really wish she would leave het job . That boss of hers is so not gonna help her with her career. Anyhow , I can understand her fear of not finding another place that will help her achieve her aspirations. She just needs to find courage & believe in herself. 

Anyway more annoying characters - her mum ( who gives such rubbish lopsided advice about marriage) , het dad ( useless & a parasite) , her step sis ( trying too hard to pretend she lives the good life ) . 

I do like An Cong - who’s such a great guy . SCS’s mother disappearing like that from his life is not justifiable, regardless of her health situation. Very fortunate that SCS had a father figure in AC 

@mademoiselle am slow slow slow . Not enough time to watch so fast 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2023 at 8:47 AM, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Is Song San Chuan so far so good for you? Ling Bu Yi and even Ashile Sun are so charming but I don't feel anything for SSC in the first 2 episodes.

I finished Cross Fire yesterday. The plot is not bad and Wu Lei looks great there, not as skinny as now lol. But they could probably cut the length of the drama by half to tighten everything. So I missed EP21 & 22 yesterday.

Song San Chuan... the problem I have is... why can't they make him look good??? It's not hard right? But the character's image 😭 He's in all these shirts which are like from the 60s (I know he is poor but really, a plain white or black tee would look good enough) and that hair 😭!

If you are superficial like me, you won't LOVE SSC 😅. But Wu Lei is doing well in the role. Most of the cast are.

Regarding the drama, I like the tennis bits but there is so little of it. The rest of the story is a little slow-moving and there are some side stories that don't seem necessary. The step-sister is especially annoying, although they are trying to make us believe she is a gutsy girl trying to make the best of her life.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Am up to eps 9...who knows when I will catch up  :laugh:....but I came here to vent about our FL. I like the actress playing her and generally, I  am for the character BUT...yes a big but there, why in the world did she go back to her boss who fired her unreservedly in front of the whole office? So what if he offered her to run that tennis club?  She still has to report to him and has to clean up the mess this club is in!  I swear she is a sucker for torture. I know it is to move the story but no one in their right mind would go back to that boss of hers. I seriously think this is link a lack of self-confidence she has thanks to her family situation. Her competence is to compensate for her not seeing her own true value. 

• Like 2

I moved forward with 2 episodes - so now I'm up to episode 4 😅

Still haven't grown to like the characters yet. I just know that Jin Yi is super annoying. Though not the worst bully we have seen in dramas but still an irritating character. I kinda wish poop fall on him from the sky. LOL.

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Am up to eps 9...who knows when I will catch up  :laugh:....but I came here to vent about our FL. I like the actress playing her and generally, I  am for the character BUT...yes a big but there, why in the world did she go back to her boss who fired her unreservedly in front of the whole office? So what if he offered her to run that tennis club?  She still has to report to him and has to clean up the mess this club is in!  I swear she is a sucker for torture. I know it is to move the story but no one in their right mind would go back to that boss of hers. I seriously think this is link a lack of self-confidence she has thanks to her family situation. Her competence is to compensate for her not seeing her own true value. 

I don't love the character as well. But I think she took the job partly because he promised her that she would have full authority to manage the club. So technically, she doesn't need to report to him. But he didn't tell her that the club needed to get YSpace's approval for money every month 😅 Furthermore, she was walking dogs for a living at that time 😆

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I moved forward with 2 episodes - so now I'm up to episode 4 😅

Still haven't grown to like the characters yet. I just know that Jin Yi is super annoying. Though not the worst bully we have seen in dramas but still an irritating character. I kinda wish poop fall on him from the sky. LOL.

Haha, he will get his comeuppance. I think generally, this show does not really have a villian at the end.

2 episodes a day is just nice. It's not a drama I would binge right through too.

The problem with the premise is that this romance has a huge conflict of interest issue, which the production has chosen to ignore. However, in reality, how can a player be involved with the manager? Even if all the players are friends, there will come a point in time where someone will be suspicious of favouritism (even if it is untrue) etc. especially as they are all competitors. What more the parents. Plus, imagine if the manager had been male and the player female.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
Just now, mademoiselle said:

@Chocolate Are you liking their romance? Convincing? I am curious/asking coz I haven't gotten there HAHAHAHA! Seem so far away right now. xDDD

Haha it's quite sweet. And Wu Lei has these mannerisms/behaviours (?) which are quite endearing. There are more romantic bits once he switches to tennis. But it's a 180 degree from LBY so you have to be prepared! 😂

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Haha it's quite sweet. And Wu Lei has these mannerisms/behaviours (?) which are quite endearing. There are more romantic bits once he switches to tennis. But it's a 180 degree from LBY so you have to be prepared! 😂

I feel like I watch the previews, I am already getting goosebumps.

• Haha 2