Love In Your Eyes 내 눈에 콩깍지 [2022-2023]

Episode 101 Preview

Se-jun leaves Young-geum with a letter to Gyeong-jun, saying that he intends to go on a long trip.
Meanwhile, when Yoon-hee hears that Se-jun is going to donate all of her stock to her young-yi, she hurriedly contacts Se-jun, but Se-jun's whereabouts are unknown...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Did the writer just destroy a character I love? Is this really how KJ should be? KJ who promised to protect YY and MRN? So he is choosing to protect his brother and break YY's heart . YY is already suspicious of the link between SeJun and her husband's death. But KJ denies of course.

Preview

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

I guess it’s another day to skip... 

59 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did the writer just destroy a character I love? Is this really how KJ should be?

I can understand how he wants to protect SJ, but he shouldn’t have hurt YY. I read somewhere he broke it off quite harshly with YY. Really, if he feels so apologetic, he should just gauge out his eyes and return them to YY and family. 😆 I know that’s gory. But that’s how angry and frustrated I am with the turn of KJ’s character! Haha... I mean, another way is just to make him be even more grateful and make it up to the family for as long as he lives. 

Anyway, I thought I heard in last week’s preview that he said to himself that once he sorted things out, he will return to YY? I skipped all the clips and subbed episode, so I don’t know for sure. Only watched the previews. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama From what i know, KJ wanted to know the whole truth of DJ death before telling YY. Seems like KJ wants to make YY hate him. Since they will be doomed anyway when it comes out SJ killed DJ. KJ haven't learned the whole truth about it. KJ playing the noble idiocy card and thinks it will be easier when the whole truth is out if YY hate him. KJ definitely won't let HH and WS get away with it and let SJ take the fall for it alone.

I don't agree with KJ actions and treatment towards YY, but i understand why he does it.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4
49 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Really, if he feels so apologetic, he should just gauge out his eyes and return them to YY and family. 😆 I know that’s gory.

That crossed my mind when I was feeling so annoyed with this. Maybe  we have watched too many crime dramas :laugh:. For the 1st time I didn't watch last Friday's episodes. Even in HM crazy era , I could still take it and watch religiously. I will watch  and see what really went down. 

43 minutes ago, Zoaze said:

I don't agree with KJ actions and treatment towards YY, but i understand why he does it.

As angry as I am , I do understand. Maybe a bit disappointed because KJ had been such a well-written ML up till now that I am expecting him to remain perfect. He is human after all. LOL ..I suppose like what someone commented on  Naver chat , the premise of the story has already been set to be this twisted / tragic from the start that we shouldn't be too surprised. 

Actually is it even possible for the leads to live happily ever after given these circumstances? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

That crossed my mind when I was feeling so annoyed with this. Maybe  we have watched too many crime dramas

🤣 am I glad to know I’m not the only weird crazy one thinking like that. Yes, we watched one too many crime dramas. I was even reminded of the eyeball with the ice pick in Voice, where BSH also acted in 😆

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

YY is already suspicious of the link between SeJun and her husband's death. But KJ denies of course.

YY asks if the reason that KJ broke up with her is because of SJ, since SJ had said so to HM while drunk. Also, she suspects that the man asking about her late husband and visited his columbarium was SJ, since she knows that KJ had also asked about that to the nurse who used to work with her late husband.

KJ says he's not sure why SJ may have been doing all that, but that it has nothing to do with why they broke up, and asks YY to not come looking for him again.

In terms of the noble idiocy thing, it's irritating to be sure, especially since he's hurting both YY and MRN with his current actions. However, I don't think it's simple noble idiocy. KJ is determined to find out the entire truth of the matter, including HH and WS involvement so that SJ doesn't suffer all the consequences himself. Before that happens, KJ doesn't want to tell YY anything of what he suspects, though in Friday's episode, KJ does say to himself that he will confess it all to YY later. 

I think the reason that he's refraining from telling YY the truth for the time being is because she would feel an obligation to tell her in-laws or have to live with the devastating truth in secret while he works it out. I think if he asked her for time to find out the truth, she would give it to him, but then she would be in conflict with not giving her late husband's family more information about their son's death that they so desperately want. It's also clear that KJ feels as if their relationship is no longer viable, not when his family is responsible for her husband's death, especially not living within the in-law household, so he's treating her harshly thinking that her love could turn to hate instead, especially since he's expecting her and her in-laws to hate him when the truth finally comes out.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

so he's treating her harshly thinking that her love could turn to hate instead, especially since he's expecting her and her in-laws to hate him when the truth finally comes out.

Thanks for the insights. I feel bad for KJ now that you've explained it. I know he is suffering too. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

@stroppyse Feel about the same from what you wrote. Well, this is something that had to happen.

@abs-oluteM Well, they managed to be happy in Bravo My Life. So why not? but i think it will take 2-3 weeks until they atleast get back together. KJ is now completely focused on finding out whole truth and make sure HH and WS pay for it. Also truth about KJ blindness have to come out. I doubt HH will be forgiven. I believe it will be like Unasked Family where they end up in jail.

I'm not sure what is gonna happen to SJ yet. He might die or have a shorter prison term like in Bravo My Life. But i think the chance is pretty high for him to sacrifice himself to protect either YY or Mirinae. This situation is alittle different from Bravo My Life since in this drama, DJ death was not an accident since WS decided to throw him in the water. With ES personality, i don't see her ever forgiving SJ, which is why i think he might die.

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
2 hours ago, Zoaze said:

I'm not sure what is gonna happen to SJ yet. He might die or have a shorter prison term like in Bravo My Life. But i think the chance is pretty high for him to sacrifice himself to protect either YY or Mirinae. This situation is alittle different from Bravo My Life since in this drama, DJ death was not an accident since WS decided to throw him in the water. With ES personality, i don't see her ever forgiving SJ, which is why i think he might die.

I hate to say it, but I also think that SJ might die in this drama. SJ sacrificing himself for YY/MRN may be the only way for DJ's family to accept KJ as YY's partner and MRN's stepfather. Even though SJ may have been the reason that DJ died, for SJ to sacrifice himself for DJ's family would be the ultimate atonement.

It would be devastating for KJ, but he would understand SJ's mindset in wanting to save YY/MRN as well, especially given that SJ has even already signed over all of his stock to YY.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I decided to watch eps 99 (last Friday's) and am at the part where KJ confronts SJ about the latter's involvement with DoJin's death (around the 8 minute mark) . I feel so very bad for KJ. Baek Sung Hyun  demonstrated some good acting chops showing plenty of different emotions - from disbelief to shock and anger. He wanted it so badly not to be true but SJ's reaction said it all. KJ was in tears as he realises how convoluted the situation is - his brother is responsible for the death of his girlfriend's late husband. And he was the beneficiary of the man's cornea. He started laughing as if he was going mental. :lettalKWA:

I felt more sad than angry after watching the entire episode. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Watched eps 100 too. YY knows that KJ breaking up with her is linked somehow to SJ and she rejects the break up saying that she believes their relationship isn't over. Says that she'll wait for him as long as it takes. But I don't know if she can be this confident anymore once she finds out the truth about who killed DJ.

I see some comments on other platforms saying KJ is being selfish and as if he plans to sweep all this under the carpet. I am assuming people didn't watch the entire episode. For one he made it very clear in eps 99 that HH will not get away with things this time. So he intends to make things right - I am assuming he needs to catch SWS and find out what really went on. Also he isn't doing  this to YY in hopes of her forgiving him later. He plans to tell her the entire truth and he knows it is likely going to be hard for them to move forward with their relationship. 

• Like 3

Episode 102 Preview

Seeing the bag of money Sejun left behind, Youngi is convinced that Sejun is involved in Dojin's death and keeps in touch with Sejun, but Sejun remains silent.
Meanwhile, Won-seop calls Gyeong-jun to a remote alley. Kyung-jun goes to meet Won-seop nervously...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh I just read on this Naver article that SJ left money for YYs family and was gonna turn himself in to the cops . But KJ stopped him. I believe KJ knows there's more to it - that SJ isn't the only one responsible for DJ's death. 

https://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?year=2023&no=146880&refer=portal

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zoaze said:

@abs-oluteM I figured it would be like that. From google translating it, he wants everyone involved to be punished and not just let SJ take the fall for it alone. KJ is in no way letting SJ get away with it, but WS and HH should not be able to get away from it.

Yes, KJ isn't going to let SJ take the fall for all of it. KJ knows that WS and HH is involved some how. Actually, in the video preview, when KJ meets WS in the alley, WS tells KJ that the only way for him to get evidence of HH's involvement is for KJ to help him (WS). KJ asks WS what he wants.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

YY is pissed in the preview and push the bag of money to SJ hard. At KJ house.

Episode 103 Preview

Young-i is in shock when he hears the conversation between Won-seop and Yoon-hee in front of Gyeong-jun's office. When Won-seop is about to leave the company building, Yeong-yi gets in his way and asks Won-seop the truth. The next day, Youngi takes the bag of money Sejun left behind and heads somewhere...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think everyone in KJ's side is clued in with the big storm that is brewing with the exception of the father. LOL...he is one blur man. No wonder HH was able to dupe him for years. :laugh:

Spoiler

So I know it may seem that KJ is protecting SJ - in some ways he is but I trust that it isn't to hide the truth. To be fair, the show has always from the start, shown how close these brothers are ( you don't need blood ties for that sort of bond) , so I can understand that KJ's big brother's instincts will kick in first. Does it mean he loves YY less ? No.  If SeJun had gone to the cops now, he will end up being the scape goat fully for SWS and High Heels. That said, KJ should realise that YY isn't going to just sit still and accept things. How could she?  There were already too many things going on before this that would have aroused her curiosity. 

On a lighter note, Do Shik has found his calling. LOL...he isn't gonna bring in the bacon but maybe he could handle the domestic chores at home

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Skipped Fridays episode.  Didn’t need to see that.  I agree with @stroppyse

That SJ might die.  That’s the only way to give everyone peace, including himself. 
it’s hard watching YY breakdown but nice to see HM root her to pull herself together.  So there is about 20 episodes left… I’m already taking my time watching cautiously. It’s rough ending 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So I know it may seem that KJ is protecting SJ - in some ways he is but I trust that it isn't to hide the truth. To be fair, the show has always from the start, shown how close these brothers are ( you don't need blood ties for that sort of bond) , so I can understand that KJ's big brother's instincts will kick in first. Does it mean he loves YY less ? No.  If SeJun had gone to the cops now, he will end up being the scape goat fully for SWS and High Heels. That said, KJ should realise that YY isn't going to just sit still and accept things. How could she?  There were already too many things going on before this that would have aroused her curiosity. 

Agree with you on all your points. That's part of the idiocy, not realizing that YY would make moves to find out for himself. Then again, I think KJ also underestimated how terrible SJ feels and how determined SJ is to try to "right" some of that wrong even if he's going about it all wrong.

Given KJ's inexplicable break up, but also SJ's various actions, of course, YY is going to try to get to the truth, even if she's also afraid of the truth and what that will mean for the entire family as well as KJ and her relationship.

5 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

On a lighter note, Do Shik has found his calling. LOL...he isn't gonna bring in the bacon but maybe he could handle the domestic chores at home

DS' big plan now is to inherit the restaurant some day. Actually, that's not a bad idea. And, with EJ's work ethos and taste, they could possibly update the restaurant and make it an even more successful enterprise.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@stroppyse I managed to catch yesterday’s episode and it was a pretty explosive one. From a story telling perspective it was good , though  the shock YY feels when overhearing the truth on KJ’s door was plain to see. I  am not sure how she’ll process this but at least from the preview I am glad that she went straight up to Se Jun to confront him . I’m also concerned about how she’ll interpret KJ’s break up with her & his decision to not inform her beforehand . Would she see that as a betrayal in his part ?Regardless, I think YY may not want to have anything to do with this family for a while now.

@Mizv HM’s personality change is a bit too sudden for me after what seems like an eternity of her being such a nut ! 🤪. But like @Zoaze I do welcome her being more human

• Like 5

Wow, YY going all out war against HH.

Episode 104 Preview

In the end, Yeong-yi, who broke up with Gyeong-jun, is deeply saddened by the memories she has accumulated over the years.
Meanwhile, after hearing the recordings of the wiretap installed in Yoon-hee's office and learning all the secrets, Chairman Jang collapses in shock...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 2