Strong Girl Nam Soon 힘쎈여자 강남순 [2023]

mademoiselle

F5yU6MMbMAAV2nH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Plot Summary

Kang Nam-Soon (Lee Yoo-Mi) has superhuman strength. She went missing as a kid in Mongolia. Now as an adult, she comes to Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea to find her parents. She finally meets her mother Hwang Geum-Joo (Kim Jung-Eun). Her mother is a wealthy woman and is a resident of Gangnam. After she lost her daughter, Hwang Geum-Joo tried to find her daughter and she also tried to live a righteous life, obsessed with doing good deeds. Gil Joong-Gan (Kim Hae-Sook) is Hwang Geum-Joo's mother and Kang Nam-Soon’s grandmother. The grandmother and mother were also born with superhuman like strength like Kang Nam-Soon.

Somehow, Kang Nam-Soon, her mother Hwang Geum-Joo and her grandmother Gil Joong-Gan get involved in a drug case that takes place in Gangnam. Detective Kang Hee-Sik (Ong Seong-Wu) begins to work with the 3 women on the drug case. Kang Nam-Soon also becomes attracted to Detective Kang Hee-Sik.

source: AsianWiki

Cast

Edited by mademoiselle
4 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

PBY and PHS cameo? Really?

Yeah the only reason I opened this thread (and seeing Byeon Woo Seok looking so suave here) 😆

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Oh seung woo? Hmm maybe no @mademoiselle 😅

Hahaha not him, BWS... I may not watch this fully either. I'm only interested coz of the cameo. But will see how time goes for me, and if it's better written than S1.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Ep.3 still enjoyable. I like that there's the main story of uncovering a drug ring as the premise, and that the ladies' super strength is something that is out in the open. I think her mom is really cool, haha... 

Definitely enjoyed the short cameo by our Minmin-Bongbong. Sure made me want to rewatch SWDBS for all their cute scenes. Didn't realise how much I've missed them :love:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Pity the cameo is so short, and is independent of the main plot. It's a cameo that's unnecessary but welcome. Park Hyung Sik and his signature pose cracks me up. It did bring back memories, and the exaggerated acting still makes me cringe (just Min Min adoring Bong Bong bit) 😅🤣 I'd have loved a scene of Min Min with their daughters. Can't believe it has been 6-7 years ago I was in love with this couple. 💙❤️

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2

Hello all! I'm here for this series!

On 10/13/2023 at 2:54 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I've watched both episodes and enjoyed them both! This is a drama where you check your logic at the door and just watch for the fun whirlwind ride. 

Glad you're watching this and enjoying thie seris too @ktcjdrama I have to say there's something really fun and cute about the Strong Girl series. Like it's prior series, the storyline and romance is cute and I'm really enjoying it. Nam Soon's strength is so far fetched that it's funny and silly, but all the characters have heart and the humour works for me. Also I already liked Lee Yoo Mi from all her other projects coz she keeps picking dramas I would definitely watch and she's shown her versatility in them by being the cool girl (Squid Game) and then mean girl (All of Us Are Dead). But now she's playing a cute character and I think she's so adorable :wow: 

So my early opinion is that the romance was stronger in the older series, but the storyline set up is better in the newer series. I mean things could change, but it's hard to beat that strong Min Min and Bong Bong chemistry. But I think the storyline is moving much better in this series so far. Less draggy and the characters all have really fun personalities. 

On 9/19/2023 at 10:17 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Oh seung woo? Hmm maybe no @mademoiselle 😅

Haha, do you not like Ong Seung Wu too @SilverMoonTea??? :laugh:I have to admit I've started to warm up to Ong Seong Wu. I think I didn't like him much for a long time because he looks a bit like a guy who was a big player with lots of girlfriends at my uni :laugh: but also I dont usually find that kind of look to be for me. With that said, during the Korean film festival, I watched a film called Life is Beautiful and he played the main character's first love and I thought he was kind of cute in that (Also the story line with his character made me laugh when you find out the truth). And I love that his character is so obviously soft for Nam Soon and is attracted by a strong woman :heart:

On 9/20/2023 at 2:03 AM, mademoiselle said:

= I'm only interested coz of the cameo. 

ALSO LOVED LOVED LOVED the cameo with Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik. I nearly died when I saw the photos pop up on PHS's Instagram!!! :BulbaOWO::heart::love:  Even though it was a cameo, I felt like they really revived their characters and chemistry!!! How is it they were so belivable as a married couple in only like 15 mins?! Why are they so cute???? I love them both so much. Was happy they gave them ample screen time and explained how she was related to the main characters. Thanks for sharing all the pics and videos here @mademoiselle

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

46 minutes ago, JenL said:

Haha, do you not like Ong Seung Wu too @SilverMoonTea??? :laugh:I have to admit I've started to warm up to Ong Seong Wu. I think I didn't like him much for a long time because he looks a bit like a guy who was a big player with lots of girlfriends at my uni :laugh: but also I dont usually find that kind of look to be for me.

JenL, I actually warm up to OSW too 😆 @Tofu & @mademoiselle just laughing at me because I was saying he's not my type. I actually like his character here, seems to be a sincere, straightforward & honest detective. Tbh the overall drama tones felt too comical for my liking. But the pairing not too bad, so I'll just watch until I feel like to drop it 😂 He seems already fell for her too, so not sure until how long this can sustain my interest... 

Also yes I remember OSW character in More Than Friends was a guy who kept rejecting the girl but stringing her along in the process. I forgot what trauma he have, but still kinda left some bad taste, eventhough the drama was kinda addictive for me at some point 😅 I watched Moment of 18, but barely have any memory about it 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

So, just caught the first 4 episodes of this drama. Is it bad that my fave part has been the cameo by Bong Soon and Min Min? They were just so adorable still!

As for this version of the Strong Girl, I'm a bit confused at how rich NS' family seem to be. I thought that they couldn't use their strength for anything other than doing good? I guess there is some question of whether the Mom and Grandmom were just really hard working people who happen to be strong, so preserved their power by not using it and just made their wealth through hard work and effort? But given how they just used their strength to deal with annoyances, e.g. the grandmother and flipping the annoying person's car upside down into the corner parking space, it would be an interesting take. And, the wealth does seem to be from the women's side rather than marrying into it as BS did when she married Min.

This is my intro to OSW, so not sure how I feel about him yet. I like the character, but he hasn't really done that much as yet. I'm hoping that he and NS will have better scenes together.

I was happy to see that the fake NS story was dealt with quickly. Surprising that the mother was even taken in at all by the fake NS.

• Like 3
On 10/18/2023 at 1:59 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

JenL, I actually warm up to OSW too 😆 @Tofu & @mademoiselle just laughing at me because I was saying he's not my type. I actually like his character here, seems to be a sincere, straightforward & honest detective.

Hahaha you've warmed up to him too! Hmmm, I think he's not your usual type, but I feel like you also often wonder outside of your usual type so I'm also not surprised. You have a very eclectic selection of Oppas :laugh: His character is rather sweet here and not overdone I feel. I don'r know if I buy his silly/ extra moments (like dancing in hs apartment in his underwear) as much as I bought Park Hyung Sik's extra moments though. I felt like PHS was more natural being extra whereas OSW is more natural being sincere and straightforward as you said. :idk:

Tbh the overall drama tones felt too comical for my liking. But the pairing not too bad, so I'll just watch until I feel like to drop it 😂 He seems already fell for her too, so not sure until how long this can sustain my interest... 

Yes, I think more than OSW not being your type...I'm more surprised you're watching this drama! I feel like this drama is not your drama type :laugh: since I know you love the hard-to-get, non existent pairings and maybe the less cutesy/comical type dramas (which is a type I like). He is already pretty into her though he doesn't seem to know it., so you might drop this soon. But I'm still glad you gave this a shot and think the main pair is cute :heart:

Also yes I remember OSW character in More Than Friends was a guy who kept rejecting the girl but stringing her along in the process. I forgot what trauma he have, but still kinda left some bad taste, eventhough the drama was kinda addictive for me at some point 😅 I watched Moment of 18, but barely have any memory about it 😂

On 10/18/2023 at 6:53 AM, Tofu said:

We pretend this drama does not exist. Every actor/actress has one of these dramas and this was Ong Seung Woo's. :laugh:

Hahaha it's that cursed drama! :pandarage2:

I couldn't watch that series. I think I watched 2 episodes? And my blood was boiling. I just remember thinking, "How can everyone like it?!" But I see no one liked it in the end :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Like I'm a fairly indescisive person...but stringing people along is not ok :lettalKWA:

On 10/18/2023 at 3:19 PM, stroppyse said:

So, just caught the first 4 episodes of this drama. Is it bad that my fave part has been the cameo by Bong Soon and Min Min? They were just so adorable still!

Nah, I like this drama as it, but my favourite part was still the the Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik cameo for sure! :heart:

As for this version of the Strong Girl, I'm a bit confused at how rich NS' family seem to be. I thought that they couldn't use their strength for anything other than doing good? I guess there is some question of whether the Mom and Grandmom were just really hard working people who happen to be strong, so preserved their power by not using it and just made their wealth through hard work and effort? But given how they just used their strength to deal with annoyances, e.g. the grandmother and flipping the annoying person's car upside down into the corner parking space, it would be an interesting take. And, the wealth does seem to be from the women's side rather than marrying into it as BS did when she married Min.

Haha, I think the sentiment in the drama is that evil is stuff that really harms other people rather than petty revenge. I guess the money-making also doesn't harm people since the family seem to use their wealth to help the broader community (ie. track down drug lords and such). :heiboi:

This is my intro to OSW, so not sure how I feel about him yet. I like the character, but he hasn't really done that much as yet. I'm hoping that he and NS will have better scenes together.

I was happy to see that the fake NS story was dealt with quickly. Surprising that the mother was even taken in at all by the fake NS.

Haha, I agree. I'm hoping OSW's character is a bit more involved in the storyline. Though I also like the female cast and the storyline involving 3 generations of strong women mothers and daughters as well :BulbaOWO:

Yep, I was happy there was no drag with the fake daughter storyline. I suppose at first the mother was desperate to find her daughter and fill that hole in her life. Then later on, even when she knew, she felt sorry for that girl and tried to live by her rule of not treating others badly in case it hindered her daughter's karma. :idk:

One thing I laugh at is how blantently she promotes Korean capitalism. It's pretty funny, but I think a fun way of looking at class and whether money buys happiness since Nam Soon has obviously been happy all her life even without money and luxury. :yayaya:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think I'm having a severe SLS... for the FL and the villain!! :nervous::laugh: 

Hahahaha nooooo!!!! I can't believe you're into the bad guy :lettalKWA: But also I did laugh last episode because the bad guy was clearly into her and spilling his traumatic childhood to her while Kang Hee Sik was getting jealous watching tthrough the spy cam. BUT I wonder if the bad guy just wants to date her because combined they would have a mega strong child :shocked:

The romance definitely isn't super strong in this drama compared to original series, but I think the main 2 are playful and silly and cute. I really liked the ramyeon 'peck' kiss  :pandahehe::heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Clapping Hands 1

3 hours ago, JenL said:

I really liked the ramyeon 'peck' kiss  

I liked that too... Good thing they showed us a little bit of progress on the OTP. Kang Hee Sik is so funny getting jealous and so angry seeing them through the spy cam :laugh: His colleague was speechless. 

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love