Perfect Marriage Revenge 완벽한 결혼의 정석 (2023)

Perfect

Title:  Perfect Marriage Revenge 완벽한 결혼의 정석

Cast:

Sung Hoon  -- Seo Do-guk

Jung Yoo-min -- Han Yi-joo

Jin Ji-hee -- Han Yoo-ra

Kang Shin-hyo -- Seo Jung Wook

Oh Seung-yoon -- Yoo Se-hyeok

Lee Min-young -- Lee Jung-hye

Lee Mi-seok -- Cha Yeon-hwa 

Broadcast Period: 28 October - 3 December 2023

Number of Episodes: 12

Aired on: Saturdays, Sundays

Broadcasters: Viki, Netflix, TVing, Wavve

Genres: Romance, revenge, makjang, contract marriage

Synopsis:

Our protagonist is Han Yi-joo (Jung Yoo-min) the adopted daughter of a well-to-do family married to a man who is actually in love with her sister. One day when her entire family has turned against her, she drives off completely distraught and is involved in a multi-vehicle collision. Not long afterwards, she dies. Heaven, however, is kind to her. She’s given a second chance to alter the dynamics among her adopted parents, sister and fiance and live her life differently. As she recalibrates in this new normal, she discovers that her overindulged adopted sister is besotted with a young successful entrepreneur in his own right and second grandson to a chaebol family, Seo Do-guk (Sung Hoon). Equipped with advice from her reporter friend who is related to the family, she gatecrashes a blind date and introduces herself to the good-looking Do-guk who is unexpectedly eager to go along with her revenge plans. He is unabashedly the prince to her Cinderella although all’s not that well with him.

Trailer:

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I couldn't find a thread for this so I made one. I am rather surprised that no one on Janghaven is watching or talking about this because honestly if all makjangs were this good, I'd be watching all of them.

Perfect Revenge Marriage has all the elements of a ready-made makjang but also has at its centrepiece one of my favourite romance tropes — the contract marriage. Indeed it is a Cinderella contract marriage story with revenge as it’s plot drive.

Yi-joo is fighting the battle of a lifetime against opposition coming from all sides but one by one, she deals with each courageously and with an attentive clever man by her side. I’m not familiar with Jung Yoo-min but once she sheds the doormat goody-two-shoes image, she and the character comes to life. She bears more than a passing resemblance to Shin Hye-sun at certain angles. Sung Hoon, I remember from Oh My Venus (yup, that was a while ago) and the man really does smoulder well. Also it helps that the chemistry is excellent.

It’s a relief that I can occasionally find a fun, well put together romance-centred show at a time when quantity trumps quality. It also has one of my favourite tropes at its centrepiece -- the contract romance.  Everything here moves super quickly and one gets the sense that Sung Hoon's male lead has always liked Yi-joo. The show is a breath of fresh air even with its use of common tropes and I look forward to Cinderella dishing out her own brand bitter medicine especially to Step-Mother Dearest. In style.

@abs-oluteM @Chocolate @Tofu @mademoiselle @ktcjdrama @OsmanthusTea@SilverMoonTea @UnniSara

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

5 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@40somethingahjummaI watched up to ep 6, but sort of a little not sure if I will continue, everyone in this drama so toxic 😅 

Btw it's a marriage contract season, you should try My Demon and Park Marriage Contract too haha... 

I didn't think everybody was toxic. :P But I enjoy watching the the leads turn the tables on their enemies.

Besides Sung Hoon is pretty hot.

I will watch Park Marriage Contract for Lee Se-young when I've finished this one and other C dramas. :)

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@40somethingahjumma I don’t have time to watch so many hence didn’t pick this up . I am surprised you are watching this 😄

I heard a lot of good things about it on another platform so I gave it a whirl. Trust me, no one is more surprised than I am about how much I am enjoying it.  :laugh:It's really a lot fun and it does have a contract marriage thrown in for good measure. I also like good revenge stories as well.

But I think you will like it too even if you just watch it for Sung Hoon who is the hottest thing since Elvis Han this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

11 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

But I think you will like it too even if you just watch it for Sung Hoon who is the hottest thing since Elvis Han this year.

I have watched a number of SH’s dramas over the years & he’s indeed very good at this kind of makjang shows where he plays some rich & hot chaebol. I did catch some clips of the hot scenes here in this drama 🤣🤣
I will put this on my to watch list 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

54 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@40somethingahjumma I know I need to watch this! My best friend has been talking about it nonstop to me. I feel like I'm going through every emotion with everyone. :laugh:

It's truly a lot of fun. The tit for tat especially.

Evil stepmother is really the worst kind of human being. But like all super bitches she has a great wardrobe.

• Haha 4

I have a friend who likes these kinds of dramas, so I caught one of the earlier episodes. That was when she just asked him to marry her instead of her sister, and he then rescued her from being locked in her room by her stepmother ala Rapunzel lol.

The problem is I first saw Sung Hoon in Love Marriage Ft Divorce and don’t really think much of his acting. But if he is going to be the next Elvis Han, well then, I should give this a try lol.

That said, their chemistry is quite hot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
12 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I have a friend who likes these kinds of dramas, so I caught one of the earlier episodes. That was when she just asked him to marry her instead of her sister, and he then rescued her from being locked in her room by her stepmother ala Rapunzel lol.

The problem is I first saw Sung Hoon in Love Marriage Ft Divorce and don’t really think much of his acting. But if he is going to be the next Elvis Han, well then, I should give this a try lol.

That said, their chemistry is quite hot.

She gets better and a lot stronger as the show progresses. 

Sung Hoon's acting has improved a lot over the years so I know what you mean. And he has this snarky disposition here in this that I quite enjoy watching.

The show is a hoot. It's a trope fest except for the fact that the in-laws are better than her own birth family. The mother-in-law with the beehive (Lee Mi-sook) is terrific too. It is more Cinderella than Rapunzel but it feels like wicked stepmother is turning into Maleficent in the last two episodes as she gets more desperate and her lies catch up to her. 

It's an easy watch. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Up to ep5. Hate to say this @40somethingahjumma but for a moment, I preferred Seo Jung Wook to Seo Do Guk 😂. I wouldn't mind a story where SJW and Yu Ra hook up but he drops her (because she is a greedy monster) when he realises that he truly loves Yi Ju, turns good and they have their HEA 😂😂 Sung Hoon is very bland as leading man. And agree the FL looks like Shin Hye Sun at some angles - but do you find her a bit cross eyed? 🤔

Spoiler

I missed ep 1 but is Yi Ju dead or alive? Does she have some sort of 1 year deal with heaven/hell?

Yi Ju's father mentioned to his wife that she brought Yu Ra into the marriage. Is Yu Ra not his natural born daughter?

Was SDG the guy who hit Yi Ju?

I don't understand why SDG still keeps Yi Ju's ex-husband/boyfriend as employee 🙄

Why is grandfather Han so scared of the Yi Ju's mother? Why is he living in the nursing home when he is rich?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Up to ep5. Hate to say this @40somethingahjumma but for a moment, I preferred Seo Jung Wook to Seo Do Guk 😂. I wouldn't mind a story where SJW and Yu Ra hook up but he drops her (because she is a greedy monster) when he realises that he truly loves Yi Ju, turns good and they have their HEA 😂😂 Sung Hoon is very bland as leading man. And agree the FL looks like Shin Hye Sun at some angles - but do you find her a bit cross eyed? 🤔

Hide contents

I missed ep 1 but is Yi Ju dead or alive? Does she have some sort of 1 year deal with heaven/hell?

Yi Ju's father mentioned to his wife that she brought Yu Ra into the marriage. Is Yu Ra not his natural born daughter?

Was SDG the guy who hit Yi Ju?

I don't understand why SDG still keeps Yi Ju's ex-husband/boyfriend as employee 🙄

Why is grandfather Han so scared of the Yi Ju's mother? Why is he living in the nursing home when he is rich?

I think the second life contract is for a year. Look at the time stamp on her wrist. 

If you keep watching you will find out more about Yu Ra's paternity.

Yi-ju's ex-fiance doesn't stay at the company for long.

All the stuff about grandpa will soon come to light. By episodes 8 or 9, most things are fairly clear.

Can't say that I think that FL lead looks cross-eyed to me.

Sad to hear that Sung Hoon isn't doing it for you BUT are you enjoying the show???

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Can't say that I think that FL lead looks cross-eyed to me.

I'll screenshot for you next time I see it lol.

7 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Sad to hear that Sung Hoon isn't doing it for you BUT are you enjoying the show???

Not as much as I would if I LOVED the ML, like Fake It. But you're right that Lee Mi Sook is a joy to watch. So is her daughter actually.

• Heart Eyes 1

I knew about this drama... but didn't plan on watching because of the makjang elements. Besides, Sung Hoon still reminds me of Love ft.Marriage&Divorce, which was a huge mess, but I did manage to finish watching all 3 seasons. Don't ask me how and why :laugh: It was entertainingly addictive...

Will put this on my watch list, even though I am so behind with many dramas recently. 

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love