Undercover 언더커버 [2021]

SnowBlob

UNDERCOVER 언더커버

zWVY8X2.jpg

Broadcast station: JTBC

Schedule: 23 April 2021 

Friday and Saturday

About the show: Han Jung-Hyun (Ji Jin-Hee) is an agent of the NIS (National Intelligence Service). While he studied at the police university, he was selected by the NIS. He then worked on a top secret case and he met Choi Yeon-Soo (Kim Hyun-Joo). Using his alias, he fell in love with her and they eventually married. Meanwhile, Choi Yeon-Soo works as a civil-rights lawyer who seeks justice and the truth. She is nominated for the Chief of the Civil Servant Corruption Investigation Unit. Because of her nomination, her husband's true identity becomes involved in an uncontrollable situation.

Credit: AsianWiki

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

• 1 month later...

Basic Information

Episodes: unknown

Director: Song Hyun Wook (Graceful Friends; The Beauty Inside; Another Miss Oh; Another Miss Oh; etc)

Writer: Baek Cheol Hyun, Song Ja Hoon & Jung Hye Eun

Remake of the UK BBC series "Undercover"

Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo previously starred together in "I have a lover"

Cast Characters

Ji Jin Hee as Han Jung Hyun

Kim Hyun Joo as Choi Yeon Soo

Heo Jun Ho as Im Hyeong Rak

Jeong Man Sik as Do Young Girl

Han Go Eun as Go Yoon Joo

Kwon Hae Hyo as Oh Pil Jae

Park Geun Hyung as Lee Man Ho

Lee Han Wi as Bae Goo Taek

Lee Seung Joon as Kang Choong Mo

Kim Soo Jin as Min Sang A

Choi Dae Chul as Chu Dong Woo

Son Jong Hak as Yoo Sang Dong

Song Young Kyu as Kwak Moon Heum

Choi Kwang Il as Hwang Jung Ho

Cr: Asianwiki

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

• 4 months later...

Finally a trailer for Undercover 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMBmQ73DAHj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 

I don't have Twitter and also not sure how to search using Twitter~ 

It's been a long time since there's anything in relation to this drama. Now the release date is stated as April 2021 in Asianwiki :jinbtsyes:

• Like 4

Watch: Ji Jin Hee And Kim Hyun Joo Face Life-Changing Situations In Teaser For Drama Based On BBC’s “Undercover”

6 Mar 2021

by J. K

20210306-201255.jpg

The JTBC drama “Undercover” has shared its first teaser video!

Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo take starring roles in this upcoming drama that’s based on a BBC series of the same name.

“Undercover” depicts the story of Han Jung Hyun (Ji Jin Hee), who has been hiding his identity for a long time, and Choi Yeon Soo (Kim Hyun Joo), a human rights lawyer who becomes the first head of the Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials (CIO).

A fierce battle begins to protect love and justice from the huge forces that dominate and shake the country for profit. The show’s cast also includes Heo Joon Ho, Jung Man Sik, Han Go Eun, Yeon Woo Jin, Han Sun Hwa, and more.

The new teaser video stars off with Choi Yeon Soo being judged as a nominee for the position of the head of the CIO, while Han Jung Hyun appears to be on the run. It gives a glimpse of the unusual incidents that turn their normal and peaceful lives upside down.

Im Hyung Rak (Heo Joon Ho) takes aim at a firing range, while viewers are curious to learn more about Do Young Gul (Jung Man Sik), with his menacing aura, and the fierce Go Yoon Joo (Han Go Eun). Meanwhile, Han Sun Hwa and Yeon Woo Jin appear as younger versions of Choi Yeon Soo and Han Jung Hyun, who live during a time of oppression and resistance. They became entangled as though they were destined, but they inevitably have to keep secrets.

Han Jung Hyun is an agent with the National Intelligence Service (NIS) who’s been hiding his true identity after he fell in love with Choi Yeon Soo, and they went on to get married. His life gets caught up in an uncontrollable whirlwind when his wife becomes nominated for the CIO position. Lawyer Choi Yeon Soo made the pursuit of justice and truth her life mission, but when she’s considered for the post at the CIO, she encounters a shocking truth.

Heo Joon Ho’s character Im Hyung Rak is the head of the NIS’s Planning and Coordination Office. He’s a strategist who seizes every opportunity thanks to his keen senses. Jung Man Sik plays Do Young Gul, the leader of a special team at the Planning and Coordination Office, who is determined to achieve his goals, and the conflict between Do Young Gul and Han Jung Hyun will add tension to the drama. Han Go Eun takes the role of Go Yoon Joo, a past NIS agent who’s also undercover and is intertwined with Han Jung Hyun’s past.

“Undercover” will premiere in April, following the end of “Beyond Evil.”

@SnowBlob@abs-oluteM@ChocolateJJH looks hot with those gun! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Wow..Kim Hyun Soo doesn't age does she :hearties: still as beautiful as she was in I Have a Lover. 

The only thing is..I think I'll start watching this drama thinking that they're the couple from I Have a Lover:PsyWhat: Let's see whether their acting can help me move on and see them as a different couple in a different drama. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Another teaser @SnowBlob

@SilverMoonTea ooo I didn't realise that Yeon Woo Jin was gonna be in this till I saw the teaser. Now I am even more excited. 

JJH 's character poster

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210311/105824661/1

105824642.1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

His double life

106028664.1.jpg

' Ji-hee Ji-hee shakes the home theater with a secret and dangerous secret.

JTBC's new Friday and Saturday drama'Undercover', which will be aired for the first time on April 23 following the'Monster' (director Song Hyun-wook, playbook Cheol-Hyun Baek, Ja-hoon Song, production Story TV Co., Ltd. JTBC Studio) on the 23rd, two faces with different temperatures. The still cut of Ji-hee Ji-hee, who is perfectly possessed by 'Han Jeong-hyun', has been released.

'Undercover' tells the story of Han Jeong-hyun (played by Ji Jin-hee), who has been hiding his identity for a long time, and Choi Yeon-soo (played by Kim Hyun-ju), a human rights lawyer who became the head of the airlift for justice. The prospect of a fierce fight between the two to defend love and justice against the huge forces. 'Legends Guild' Ji-hee Ji-hee and Kim Hyun-joo, as well as Heo Jun-ho, Jeong Man-sik, Lee Seung-joon, Kwon Hae-hyo, Han Go-eun, and Park Geun-hyung, and other trusted actors joined the work, which is considered one of the most anticipated works.

Ji-hee Ji-hee, who returns to the drama after 1 year and 8 months, predicts a new life character with an intense acting transformation. Ji-hee Ji-hee played the role of 'Han Jeong-hyun', agent Angi-bu, who has been hiding his identity for a long time. He was selected for the security department while attending the police college and was successful with his extraordinary quickness and guts, and falls in love with Choi Yeon-soo, whom he met during a secret mission. The name 'Lee Seok-gyu', and Han Jeong-hyun, who abandoned everything and lived under a fake status. However, as his wife, who had been working as a human rights lawyer, was nominated for the head of the airlift, his normal and peaceful life began to crack.

The photos released on this day contain the different daily life of Han Jung-hyun, who is in crisis. A sweet husband who prepares his own breakfast for his busy wife, and a friendly dad who runs a bike shop with his son Seung-gu (played by Yoo Sun-ho). His ordinary appearance is no different from any other family head. His changed mood in the subsequent photos suggests an unusual change. His sharp face and a sharp look chasing something add curiosity to his hidden story. What is the mission that summoned Han Jeong-hyun, the undercover that had been sealed for a long time, again? Attention is drawn to his desperate and lonely fight to protect his precious daily life.

Ji-Hee  explained, “Han Jeong-hyun is a person who confronts the giant forces to protect the people he loves.” “For a long time, he has hid his identity and was able to live as Han Jeong-hyun's life even in the midst of numerous struggles.  He said, "If you follow Han Jeong-hyun's story, viewers will be able to feel his charm."

He also shared his thoughts on acting the two-faced characters 'Han Jung-hyun' and 'Lee Seok-gyu'. Ji-hee  pointed out that "Han Jeong-hyun, who lives in good faith thinking that his identity is not revealed, and "Lee Seok-gyu" who is unavoidably confronted him, is a person who constantly wanders. "What is right or wrong?" Because I am constantly asking questions about my identity, I have no choice but to worry about my identity. At that point, I thought a lot about how to express the subtle emotional change that goes back and forth between Han Jeong-hyun and Lee Seok-gyu.”

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210323/106028665/1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

For once I hope Heo Jun Ho ahjussi is not a bad guy here pleaseee :SquirtleWonderfull:

I was so happy at first when he seemed to play a good character in Designated Survivor only to find out later on that 

Spoiler

He was the bad guy. Meh. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What!? Heo Jun Ho again? That's another drama of him with Ji Jin Hee (maybe more from previous projects I don't know I am too lazy to check haha).

I will check this out but I cannot guarantee. I'm not exactly sure I'm into this yet. I miss his hairstyle in Misty and DS 60 days.

@Chocolate You only watch the last 2 episodes of Misty? Did you jump to the end to watch first?

Spoiler

It is rarer maybe <10 years ago for an on-screen couple who has worked together before to work together again. But these days SK / businesses are cashing in on the shipping business so more and more former on-screen couples collaborate again. However, with BinJin, they may not want to work together again because people and media's attention will be focusing on their private life rather than their "work". Not sure they really want that? Plus they have already worked together twice.

@SnowBlob Even if he died (implied only though) it is still worth watching in my opinion. Kim Nam Joo is awesome and I really like Ji Jin Hee's looks in there. Hehehe.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

You only watch the last 2 episodes of Misty? Did you jump to the end to watch first?

I wasn't into k-dramas then. Happened to be at my friend's house that day. What made me remember was that JJH didn't look typically korean - I mean all those thin and pale looking pop idols 😂 So I was quite sad that he was the killer.

But since I already know the ending, there's a reluctance to watch from the beginning...

• Haha 4
  • Shocked 1

@Chocolate True. Ji Jin Hee is a handsome/suave Korean ahjussi. KPOP idols are more like Japanese celebrities - super skinny and anorexic whereas the K-actors are like :wow:  - tall, great muscly toned body. JJH goes to gym all the time (his IG is always his selfie at the gym - so boringggg LOL).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5

Oh I like this extended trailer

From Dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/kim-hyun-joo-points-a-gun-at-ji-jin-hee-in-latest-undercover-teaser/

Kim Hyun-joo points a gun at Ji Jin-hee in latest Undercover teaser

by tineybeanie

Kim Hyun-joo (Watcher) and Ji Jin-hee (Designated Survivor: 60 Days) show their characters’ complicated relationship in the teaser for upcoming drama Undercover. Based on a popular BBC drama by the same name, Undercover is a legal-action thriller centered around a couple’s relationship.

The teaser in spoiler since already posted above 

Spoiler

Ji Jin-hee plays an NSA agent who was recruited into the agency while he was in the police academy. Almost immediately, he goes undercover at which point he meets his wife, played by Kim Hyun-joo. He falls in love while undercover, and they start to build a life together. Years later when she, a successful human rights lawyer, becomes a leading candidate for Chief of the Civil Servant Corruption Investigations Bureau, some suspicious information about her husband comes to light and she begins to doubt everything.

Aside from Ji Jin-hee and Kim Hyun-joo, Undercover has a phenomenal cast of supporting actors including: Heo Jun-ho (Missing: The Other Side), Jung Man-shik (Revenge), Lee Seung-joon (Hush), Kwon Hae-hyo (Zombie Detective), Han Go-eun (Fluttering Warning), and Park Geun-hyung (The Good Detective). Yeon Woo-jin (Search) will play the younger version of Ji Jin-hee’s character, with Han Sun-hwa (Backstreet Rookie) appearing as Kim Hyun-joo’s younger version.

Recently a bunch of promos were released, gearing up for the premiere date next month. Stills show Ji Jin-hee preparing breakfast for his busy wife, running a bike shop with his son played by Yoo Sun-ho (My Strange Hero), and turning around to see if he’s being followed.

The video teaser begins with Kim Hyun-joo pointing her gun toward a crestfallen Ji Jin-hee. She internally questions him: “Who are you?” A flashback shows their first meeting when they were younger. Han Sun-hwa asks Yeon Woo-jin for his name. Ji Jin-hee smiles brightly remembering their beachside frolicking, but their current married life doesn’t seem to be going smoothly. Copy appears saying: “To protect everything… he had to hide.” She sleeps while he steps out of their bedroom, and the next scene shows her watching from a car while he embraces another woman.

After a car chase involving Ji Jin-hee, Kim Hyun-joo is shown in the spotlight at what looks to be a major political conference. In narration, Ji Jin-hee desperately asks Kim Hyun-joo: “Yeon-joo [Kim Hyun-joo’s character], believe me. Please.” A midnight seaport encounter ends in a shooting and a possible drowning. We return to the first scene with Kim Hyun-joo facing Ji Jin-hee, and she screams: “You aren’t Han Jung-hyun [Ji Jin-hee’s character]. Who are you?!”

JTBC Friday-Saturday drama Undercover, directed by Song Hyun-wook and co-written by Baek Chul-hyun and Song Ja-hoon, will begin airing on April 23.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1