Start-Up 스타트업 [2020]

Jane

FUN BET : Who will Dalmi end up with ?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Dalmi will end up with? Now think carefully as this is a bet. Winners can use a profile picture of their OTP. But LOSERS will have to use the face of DoSan's cousin , Nam Cheon Ho

• Do San
    • Ji Pyeong
    • No one
    • It doesn't matter to me ( specially for Mademoiselle :P)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2020 at 11:09 AM

24 minutes ago, Lynne said:

Sigh....  You're not alone in mourning for HJP...

They should really let him go... it will better for him to go and find his happiness elsewhere.

Orphan Harry James Potter (HJP) have a better ending that orphan Han Ji Pyeong (HJP):cry:

PHR could do better, and I don't understand why she gave this kind of ending to him. 

About the drama itself.. i dunno what to say.. for the finale I was really disappointed with how the drama tries to frame the disrespect towards your teacher / senior as maturity and growth. I am appalled with this message. 

I have many question about the story directions and many character inconsistencies.

To be clear, I am not talking about shipping, but more towards the many potential the story could take about about the business side, relationships and family.

Whats the use of introducing the lies vs truth, dreams vs reality motives if they don't have a proper conclusion? 

To me, Startup ended well in the surface, while lacking depth.  Alas its done, and I can only be here in my own corner being sad at the wasted potential this story could do.

For me to move on, I would rather consider Start up ends at Ep. 12 with the first 30 minutes in Ep. 13 as the epilogue. 

I shall join you in the mourning for HJP.

On the surface DM and HJP might have reconcile and clear their love doubts but deep inside HJP, he still harbours for DM and

the worst is he has to work hand in hand with Cheongmyeong company where DM is !  

As mentioned by @gilaswan, is evil but to me is cruel.

@JenL I also love the scene where Halmoni visits JP's resident,is the best. Both can bicker, fight or argue but this scene really got into me. The relationship between Halmoni and JP is like mother and son.

Halmoni can feels, understood  and sense JP hurting heart and I like the scene when Halmoni tells JP not to live a lonely live, it really broke my heart and I cried along.

@mademoiselle  I love the finale crying scene to, so natural and beautifully captured. 

Hahaha, why all my bias can cry so well :lol:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

@Chocolate @gilaswan @Lynne @bairamadon't you think it is cute that we all have the same profile pic :laugh:? DS's cousin is growing on me ....maybe I will keep it for longer. 

@mademoiselle too bad la , they never write in a love line for HJP. I will run to oppa's arms immediately , no questions asked . No need 15 years of letters.  Lol!

I agree with you on this @JenL  . This made me sadder. They always use our poor JP like the emotional punching bag of the show. 

18 hours ago, JenL said:

On the other hand, there were things I thought were a bit much to do to JP in the last episode, especially because they didn't give him a romance. Although it didn't annoy me personally, I did feel it wasn't wise of them to try to push the merits of DS' character through JP's words. Although I think it was an interesting point (and a true one) that JP didn't look for DM for 15 years, but DS helped her as soon as he knew her, it did feel a bit like a nudging to the audience to look at DS's good points which would irk JP fans. I also didn't like that there was no big pay-off for JP, but as @ryanallright said, the Sandbox lady pressured him to be an investor and he even had to "ask a favour" to invest in DS-DM's company.  :pandadisgusted: 

Anyway , it is what it is. While I wasn't fond of the direction that the drama ended up with towards the end, I am glad that Mr Dimple's got a lot of attention for this. And I think NJH is a decent actor with the right director & role. While I wasn't a big fan of DoSan, I do think that NJH was able to deliver some of the emotional scenes quite well. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Haha, 3 days. So we can remove on Thursday!

Hahaha, I was wondering about this! Well, Thanks for this bet. It has been fun seeing DS's cousin everywhere :laugh:

8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

This is my first time posting on a drama thread and it has been a pleasure. Though we have differences of opinions, glad that we are still friendly and not hostile. I think this is because everyone here more or less know the other so we read and write with that in mind, versus in a space that is filled with strangers where we won't care.

Awww, it was lovely chatting to you @Chocolate and great to hear your opinions. I quite liked reading everyone's thoughts and especially liked to read them when they were different to my own :) I think it's always good to keep an open mind and see things that other's have seen that you might have missed yourself :BulbaOWO:

6 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@JenL I also love the scene where Halmoni visits JP's resident,is the best. Both can bicker, fight or argue but this scene really got into me. The relationship between Halmoni and JP is like mother and son.

Halmoni can feels, understood  and sense JP hurting heart and I like the scene when Halmoni tells JP not to live a lonely live, it really broke my heart and I cried along.

Yes, it was a beautiful and heart-breaking scene for sure. Halmoni was the only one who really understood JP and his depth as a character and I feel like I'll treasure those scenes from this drama. Halmoni's words were not only for JP but all of us, I think. :letalQQ::hearties::heart:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I agree with you on this @JenL  . This made me sadder. They always use our poor JP like the emotional punching bag of the show. 

Anyway , it is what it is. While I wasn't fond of the direction that the drama ended up with towards the end, I am glad that Mr Dimple's got a lot of attention for this. And I think NJH is a decent actor with the right director & role. While I wasn't a big fan of DoSan, I do think that NJH was able to deliver some of the emotional scenes quite well. 

Ah, sorry to make you sadder @abs-oluteM!! But just think of that future KSH lead role where he will be happy :BulbaOWO::hearties:

I liked the ending overall in how they tied up everything, but agree totally that they took it a bit too far with the emotional punching bag of JP. But I think he was definitely more resilient and braver than a lot of second leads. He took things well and even made friends with them all...and eh, DM wasn't that great. I'm sure we could all be better girlfriends to him :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@abs-oluteM @gilaswan @Chocolate @Lynne @bairama It is cute that when I click on who voted for the poll and all of your DPs are the same 😂 hahahaha. And I thought Jane was the only voter for the last choice but turns out 2 more snuck in their votes. LOLLL.

@abs-oluteM Ha-ha. You're already in love with Seon Ho/Ji Pyeong so of course you didn't need that 15 years of letters but WHY didn't you appear? I was waiting. LOL LOL.

Now that the show is over, I can share my thoughts on the overview of the drama.

Entertainment-wise, I liked/enjoyed it. I like the lightness of it especially after watching a fair few heavy and mind blowing dramas before this (e.g. Brahms, MTF, RoY, FoE, Alice, Strangers 2) so Start-Up is kind of just nice - doesn't need too much thinking and not angsty. In general it was fun.

However, if I really were to pull apart and go deep into analysing this drama (which I feel it's not worth the time) then I'd say yes, it didn't do very well in its writing. Not with the romance bit, but the business side of things. The writing is shallow; shallower than other Park Hye Ryun's previous project. I recently attended a training session and it gave me an introduction rather than delving deep into what I has wanted to know. Start-Up is just like this training session - an overview/introduction to start up business. A beginner course. LOL.

It introduces us the issue such as AI causing loss of jobs and had Do San's dad lecturing about the world shouldn't change too quickly etc., but failed to inform us how did the strike get resolved and what happened after that. Maybe it is like Ji Pyeong said, there is no right or wrong to some of these things, but I thought it'd have been beneficial to know how In Jae handle and resolve this conflict because how to professionally resolve such issue is also part of the risk businesses make. And this... is just one of the many flaws.

Start-Up leaves much to be desired, not just Ji Pyeong but other side-characters too who are rich and colourful enough to have their own story told. I'd have love it more if Ji Pyeong was never part of the love triangle and rather his ties is with Halmoni and the story focuses on him becoming a part of the family. I'm dissatisfied that even towards the end Ji Pyeong is still like an outsider and seems to only visit Halmoni during special occasions. Sigh. But anyway, what's done is done and I much prefer focusing on the good bits, like swooning at handsome Seon Ho :pandablush:

6da7170bly1glfkr8nszog20go0iex77.gif
6da7170bly1glfkrrn9dzg20jg0cjhe4.gif

source: verchae

I forgive Park Hye Ryun because Kim Seon Ho and Nam Joo Hyuk are just too gorgeous as Han Ji Pyeong and Nam Do San

:heiboi:

Sighhh I need more Kim Seon Ho in gorgeous hairstyle and suit!!!!

J8frcwn.gif

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

@mademoiselle Hahaha, interesting what we all watched it for. I was actually here mainly for the family stories (After watching episode 1 I was pulled in by Halmoni and JP and DM's dad's storyline!) and didn't care much for the actual start ups or the romance :lol: But I agree - it wasn't very deep on the business side of things!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, JenL said:

@mademoiselle Hahaha, interesting what we all watched it for. I was actually here mainly for the family stories (After watching episode 1 I was pulled in by Halmoni and JP and DM's dad's storyline!) and didn't care much for the actual start ups or the romance :lol: But I agree - it wasn't very deep on the business side of things!

:laugh: I swear I didn't watch it because of NJH or KSH though. It just turned out that way. I definitely wasn't lured into it because of the business plot. I just know this was written by Park Hye Ryun and I did enjoy her previous projects (her works are still considered better than some other writers) so I tried it. Thought the first 2 episodes were not bad; really like Do San and Ji Pyeong's chemistry and then by the 3rd, Do San's MONEY MONEY clip made me laughed so hard I've chest pain. That was it really, the decision to continue to the end.

img.gif

source: DAYBREAK

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

@mademoiselle when I tag @abs-oluteM @Lynne @Chocolate @bairama, it tickles me to see us all having the same DP. Hahaha

I’ve resorted to reading fanfics to get over this story. Hahaha... I think there was also a wasted opportunity to write something between Injae and Jipyeong too. Come to think of it, Seonho and Hanna also look really good together. Even better than him with Suzy. Seonho just seems to have wonderful chemistry with his co-stars. 

• Haha 7

@gilaswan we should talk more here and ended up as members with most point for the week so we can have 5 consecutive popular contributors with this cousin Dalmi's momma alike LOL

feel like I'm too energetic in discord and turned up speechless here:KittyMummy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

3 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I think there was also a wasted opportunity to write something between Injae and Jipyeong too. Come to think of it, Seonho and Hanna also look really good together. Even better than him with Suzy

Once IJ's character started developing, I actually thought this too. It would have been a better match in my eyes since they both seemed calmer and smarter. And I think they looked good aesthetically too. And it would have been funny if they sassed each other since they were both a bit prickly on the outside! :wow: 

oh well, I'm hoping he'll be paired up with an actress I like next drama when he's lead!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Star Struck 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

15 minutes ago, JenL said:

Once IJ's character started developing, I actually thought this too. It would have been a better match in my eyes since they both seem calmer and smarter.

oh so true. At later episode when Dalmi's character develops-or kinda undevelop? (like @Lynne said hshshshs) I'm kinda thinking even JiDal idea is not that acceptable. What kind of date they will have if it's happen.. It's more like bro-sis or mentor-mentee one, I feel Jipyeong will have strong chemistry with someone that more like Injae characteristics:duckshook:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

1 hour ago, bairama said:

@gilaswan we should talk more here and ended up as members with most point for the week so we can have 5 consecutive popular contributors with this cousin Dalmi's momma alike LOL

feel like I'm too energetic in discord and turned up speechless here:KittyMummy:

:laugh: I thought I saw twins here @ Jang Haven !

Bairama, your DP is similar to  @gilaswan  :lol:

Gilaswan, I was also having the same thoughts as you, is a wasted opportunity the writer did not show us Injae and JP chemistry.

By the way, where did you read the fanfic, mind to share the link ?

Thank you in advance. :hearties:

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

LOL oh right I forgot I had flexing rights for winning the bet like @mademoiselle, so here you are - changed my pic to HJP for a few days too. :CharmanderYay:

No need to tell me I'm smug and annoying :laugh::laugh::laugh: I think thread members look cute like this

Correct Answer

K9xPa7C.jpg

Incorrect Answers

YjVOkC7.jpg

ZcdHkjx.jpg

• Haha 9

I got a day off today because of national election day. So watching ep 15 now. About 30 mins and got to the scene where petty JP is acting up again. Lols. Seriously how could he be this consistently annoying till the end? I thought he'd changed a bit. But guess yea that jealousy blinds his judgments. Okay. Hope the next rest scenes will change my view of him. He is a good boy right. So he isn't that bad right. 

I love how the trio samsan is back to be in a team like old days. I am glad watching how those two pesky engineers will soon meet their end of downfall. They'r the one behind those both ransomware attacks.

Despite all of the triangle controversy, I think writer is doing a good job with the story content about young pioneers and their starts up business. It feels pretty intelligent to me cuz i think not many dramas does show the process in pretty much details and keep on it. Sometimes they will fade as the romances and others stuffs take over. I know it's still not ended yet but I think I am quite satisfied with how it was written. 

P.S.

Ohooo.. I see you guys are changing into jakdu studio boss face, then it means my bet is right! Hahaha. Yay. Glad no need to change my bunny!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

img.gif

img.gif

source: Daybreak

I re-watch this scene last night (coz it's soooo good!), and it hit me that if Halmoni hadn't said not to contact her when he's successful, and let him come back to her any time, Ji Pyeong would have become a true family already. SwoonNetflix IG has a vote for The Prettiest Crier but no one from Start-Up was nominated. Pfffft.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Sad 2

Oooh done!! Happy ending!! :eeeee:It ended pretty beautiful. How the team is finally working together to beat all those hardships and grow together as a solid team. Just like how the ball message, follow your dream, when you do something becuz of your passion wholeheartedly, whatever the risk, there must be the time you keep falling but just like the sandbox which prevent the little girl from getting much injuries, their persistent and hardwork are like those sturdy shield that prevent them from giving up. I like the message and I feel like a fresh spiritful wave travels through myself while watching their struggle from less inexperience bunch to such a cool successful one. It's so dreamy but nothing is wrong with it. It gives hopes and positive vibes. That healthy mind will lead to a great outcome in the end. 

And again I said this to myself after watching this writer previous project, good story, nicely written. I am glad that this time the writer still makes me feeling the same thing as before. She even remember to bring back the trivial details at the beginning to the ending closure. I can't put everything into good words but I really love love how all it ended. I will forget that the triangle thing ever happened here. Then it is fantastic for me. 

And you know how could writer has shown the ending since first episode and it keep popping out in the opening credits. And the last chapter titled as follow up. What a nice way to have a season 2. Lol. Well. I guess I am the only one who expect for this here. I mean I want to see how they work on their next projects, seeing how they convinced the shareholders or any investors to support and join their company.

Spoiler

b71819207d2aebe6a7e900f43061d07222e4291f

Okay. I forgot many things to write here. So yea. Will brb later maybe. Haha. Is anyone still here to accompany me? I think this one deserve a rewatch for some fave random episodes of mine. While backreading some posts here too. 

P.S. 

Omoooo YJG!! Young shil moksoori! Such a nice treat to have him as cameo at the end. I didnt expect that! It's just great to see him. 

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2

@mademoiselle maybe they should have a new category for crying - most heartbreaking tears. Uri Seonho will win hands down. Such a convincing crier. Even in 2D1N when he had to act like he had been dumped by the staff pd, everyone was just so rapt by his crying. And you're right. I wonder how much of his loneliness was because Halmeoni also told him, albeit in jest, that if he is well he need not go to her. And him in his pride always felt he was well. He might have gone to the family sooner and spent more time with them and gotten to know Dalmi better... but now, the more I think about how Dalmi had become, I think Injae suits him better.

So for the sake of fun here, if we could insert a love line between Jipyeong and Injae, when could it have logically happened?

@Chocolate @Lynne @abs-oluteM @bairama - my DP buddies. Hahahaha...

• Haha 8