Start-Up 스타트업 [2020]

Jane

FUN BET : Who will Dalmi end up with ?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Dalmi will end up with? Now think carefully as this is a bet. Winners can use a profile picture of their OTP. But LOSERS will have to use the face of DoSan's cousin , Nam Cheon Ho

• Do San
    • Ji Pyeong
    • No one
    • It doesn't matter to me ( specially for Mademoiselle :P)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2020 at 11:09 AM

13 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

So for the sake of fun here, if we could insert a love line between Jipyeong and Injae, when could it have logically happened?

Good point . I think that could have happened when DalMi started to work for In Jae. It need not have been fully developed but just enough to tease us.

At least we can all have a good laugh at our profile pictures :shocked:

• Haha 8

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

17 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@mademoiselle maybe they should have a new category for crying - most heartbreaking tears. Uri Seonho will win hands down. Such a convincing crier. Even in 2D1N when he had to act like he had been dumped by the staff pd, everyone was just so rapt by his crying. And you're right. I wonder how much of his loneliness was because Halmeoni also told him, albeit in jest, that if he is well he need not go to her. And him in his pride always felt he was well. He might have gone to the family sooner and spent more time with them and gotten to know Dalmi better... but now, the more I think about how Dalmi had become, I think Injae suits him better.

I re-watch episode 1 last night to see how it played out before (coz I can't remember). At the time Halmoni said it, little JP choked up. So he wasn't hurt by the comment. But looking from another perspective, I really think, and like you said, JP and his pride wouldn't have allowed him to cry to Halmoni when he's in need. But I do wonder if he would take it literally.

It was never shown but judging by his reactions when he saw her food truck at Han River and seeked her out, he must have gone back before to visit her but could no longer find her. Many things did happen to Dalmi and Halmoni after Cheong Myung's death, she sold the shop & she never took him home so he probably doesn't know where she lives then.

What I find sad is Halmoni never really embraced him as part of the family either back in the days. She cares for him but not as much as her own blood (although it is understandable that she doesn't have the time/heart later on with the loss of her son and having to raise Dalmi herself). However 15 years later, now that she's blind, she feels the loneliness too so she's changed (growth for Halmoni) and embraced JP and loved him more like a family (in sub of her lost son).

:heart: Been waiting for this cut, hehehe, now it'll be easy for me to rewatch the crying scene.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 5
  • Sad 2
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

OST Playlist

@-StrongTower- How was the prize? Did you get the full album 2-CDs version?

I love the OST Album !!!!:1000:

Thank you very much. ❤ yes, I got both versions (Instrumental & the normal.lol. how do we call that?hahahha)

Kamsahamnida. 

:heart:

IMG_4522.thumb.PNG.f72e822167c121975a653796e1003b01.PNG

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

In the strong Tower, I take refuge.

-----------------------------------

So far my top 2020 K-Dramas are 1. Hospital Playlist 2. Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim Season Two 3. CLOY 4. IONTBO

2 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

LOL, his family has good genes..Dimple generation and he's so adorable 

That genes only go to boys, hoho. No fair.

I just finished watching it and that was A LOT of dimples throughout. The messages are making him laugh. I swear a couple of messages sounded like it was written by Lynne or gilaswan. Hahahaha.

@-StrongTower- Umm, I think it's just call Start-Up OST (Usually people named it as Various Artists - Start Up OST).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1
40 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

That genes only go to boys, hoho. No fair.

I just finished watching it and that was A LOT of dimples throughout. The messages are making him laugh. I swear a couple of messages sounded like it was written by Lynne or gilaswan. Hahahaha.

:laugh: LOL.

But...  guys having dimples make them looks more handsome, no ?

:MewGiggle:

I am having good laugh watching Catch the Ghost.

That FL was cute,funny, adorable. Havent watch any of her drama.

She's not bad.

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

@Thong Thin You should watch Strongest Delivery Man and You Drive Me Crazy too. Also also, you have to check out 18 Again!!!

Hahahaha the last one killed me. I love how Go Won Hee's character exasperated him so much.

Oops. I couldn't see clearly the text (this was dark in the notif) so I thought I'm in KSH's thread (didn't scroll up to check).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
23 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

But...  guys having dimples make them looks more handsome, no ?

Honestly ah... I’ve never thought dimples necessarily made someone look prettier or more handsome. They don’t always look nice? I dunno. Like Joo Won has dimples too, but am I being biased here? Seon Ho wears his dimples better, if that is even something possible. Even though Jipyeong is a serious character, his dimples don’t take away that seriousness from him. Hahaha... For sure I’m being biased. Good Boy can do no wrong. Hahahha...

@Lynne Are you still mourning? I wish there was a compilation of only Halmeoni and Good Boy scenes from youth to adulthood. 

I’m still mulling over two things 

1. What if Halmeoni had not told him to only look her up when the going was tough - would that have changed things?

2. What if the issue with the letters had not dragged, would Jipyeong have noticed Injae instead? Afterall he had known her as an adult before Dalmi. 

This story feels like it should be a choose-your-own-adventure show. Imagine the day when TV watching could get as interactive as that and Netflix allowed us to opt for different episodes. It could right? Production budget will increase for sure. 

Edited by gilaswan
Typo
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Sad 1

@gilaswan :cry:  

It's almost a week since the finale... but everytime I saw someone posting about Start up.. i feel sad again.

On the incomplete ending of HJP, on how the story quality starts to decline.. Dalmi and Dosan starts to became a 1 D character... 

I wish there's more you know.. more about the Business side and clearer path on the loveline...

Tbh... I'm still baffled that Park Hyerun wrote this... LOL

For me, the saving grace of SU is HJP and his relationship with grandmother.  

And... need to add this.. Injae should have fixed her relationship with her family long ago..  it doesn't make sense that it happens in the last moment. 

Ps.. No offence for those that loves Start up.... I guess we just see things differently :hearties: 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 1
51 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Are you still lurking here, unable to let go? Hahaha... Our Good Boy is like Poor Thing Boy.

he is  :cry: hahaha... being good means nothing if he ends up going home to a cold apartment every night....

yes he has halmonie.. but she's old.. how many years will they have? sigh.....

While I do think he'll move on from Dalmi eventually, but it'll be harder for him to opens up himself again. 

54 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

They really should have made this a choose your own adventure story or at least put him with Injae.

HAHAHAHA.....

You know..... choose your own adventure... we know which one we'll select right? lols 

Injae and HJP could be a power couple if only they explore it... but canon wise.. i don't think they have a chance.... 

• Haha 4