You Are My Hero / You're My City & Fortress 你是我的城池营垒 [2021]

Yeah, not bad. I'm reasonably satisfied with the ending. (For a C drama it's decent enough) I thought it was somewhat hilarious that the show began with a hostage situation and kind of ended with one. I can't believe though that the rascal pretended for two seconds that he had amnesia. I also wonder too if she hadn't been so adamant about going after the drug runner whether things would have turned out differently. :laugh: Wouldn't it have been better to take note of the criminal in detail and then text the cops?

Overall there was a lot to like about this show and the leads were a big part of that. Their chemistry and romance is so natural. Thanks to Sandra Ma, I don't know if I've ever seen a female lead who is this open about her feelings for the male lead and his antics. Was she like this in O My General? I can't remember. 

It's okay that Xiao Xia and Wenbo got to have their happily-ever-after although it is odd that after marriage, things go surprisingly smooth sailing for them.

I'm happy enough that Kelei got to propose properly this time on his own terms. As everyone knows I was rather annoyed with Episodes 37 and 38 for how it handled the in-service separation. Although I agree that Kelei handled everything superbly all things considered, I was left with a sour taste in my mouth because the entire incident stole his thunder. At least this time... he got another bite at the cherry with no unpleasant surprises waiting in the wing to interrupt the romantic interlude.

The best part for me was always Mi Ka and Kelei working together in some kind of emergency situation. That has always been the highlight of this drama and nicely integrated with their blossoming relationship. It's clear that their jobs will always be a challenge to their relationship but if they're brave enough... it is said that fortune favours the brave.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Clapping Hands 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Ma Sichun shares the name of MK and XKL's child would be Xing Dami. :love:  Cute. 

https://www.facebook.com/stardramachaser/photos/a.428284341237107/880739649324905/

Gonna miss this one a lot... it was a fun ride and I really loved the characters, their friendships and romance, and the world they lived in.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Work has been pretty busy so I haven't had time to write my final thoughts on this drama, but I don't know if I even have to because of how much I've written so far about it. :laugh:

I loved the ending scene with Mi Ka and Kelei. It was really refreshing to see a matured relationship like this in dramaland. I enjoyed knowing the Ma Sichun and Bai Jingting had a lot of input in the direction of their characters and I'm grateful to the entire production for allowing them to do that. All the moments that I enjoyed between them were because both actors embodied their characters. As everyone has mentioned, Mi Ka and Kelei rank pretty high on my list of favorite dramaland couples too. 

0005710d55273a493f1d0f3d917934189d2c687c

On 4/9/2021 at 2:07 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's okay that Xiao Xia and Wenbo got to have their happily-ever-after although it is odd that after marriage, things go surprisingly smooth sailing for them.

Haha, I agreed! I'm going to assume that Wenbo grew up a little bit and is willing to put in as much effort, if not more, as Xiao Xia was putting in prior to getting married. 

The relationship between Dr. Shao and Keyao was also really nice to watch too. I love that he tells her they are older so they don't need to follow what everyone does with the proposal, getting married, etc. and Keyao tells him that she wants what everyone else is doing too. Haha! 

I loved interacting with everyone on this drama and I hope we get to interact more in other dramas soon! :heart:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

The cast did a live stream and this was one of the trending clip from it, hahaha!

Spoiler

Bai Jingting's last time as Xing Kelei?

Spoiler

For this one, I saw some comments about Xing Kelei working security details at Team Wang (the company of Jackson Wang, who is close friends with Bai Jingting). Haha!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

like you all i refuse to post my last thought....im not ready to say goodbye...this is honestly one of the best shown i seen for this year...

they gotta top the chart as they tidied everything up nicely even toward the ending....

sigh....i always ask me myself '''oh it ended???!!!"

Cdrama sometimes gave a sloppy ending however not this one....this one did tied up everything nicely and it even shown that KeLei will be on an extended vacation and will be with Mika at England for a bit for her course!!!

right now im not sure if there is any other drama that will caught my attention lols

• Clapping Hands 3
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

The cast did a live stream and this was one of the trending clip from it, hahaha!

Bai Jingting's last time as Xing Kelei?

I watched the whole recording and the crew is so funny... most of the time they didn't know what they are doing, and are just chatting non-sense. But they did talk about their favorite scenes:

- XKL's favorite: the silent salute at the earthquake

- MK: the sofa kiss

- XKY: the night talk between her and Dr. Shao by the pool at the resort 

- Wenbo: when XKL and MK taught him how to hold umbrella 

- Dr. Shao: the six of them BBQing at the resort

Here is the whole recording for those of you who are interested:

7 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

like you all i refuse to post my last thought....im not ready to say goodbye...this is honestly one of the best shown i seen for this year...

they gotta top the chart as they tidied everything up nicely even toward the ending....

sigh....i always ask me myself '''oh it ended???!!!"

Cdrama sometimes gave a sloppy ending however not this one....this one did tied up everything nicely and it even shown that KeLei will be on an extended vacation and will be with Mika at England for a bit for her course!!!

right now im not sure if there is any other drama that will caught my attention lols

I am in the rabbit hole of Bai Jingting now... I just watched his cut in The Rise of Phoenixes, God, his look there is sooo good. I hope he can star in a historic costume drama soon! 

Rumors are that his new show 80s and 90s will air at the end of month - so that is what I will watch I guess :-)))

• Party! 3

The cast was so funny in their livestream; it was almost like getting to see an extension of the drama with the way they all teased each other, especially MSC and BJT and the "siblings" once ZY arrived. 

I also liked the way this drama wrapped up. There were a couple of moments that stood out to me from the last ep. First, watching MK handle XKL's pneumothorax. I was reminded of early on in the drama when she had to deal with the pneumothorax patient in the elevator. This time, she didn't need to be talked through it, and she could even improvise with what was available in the first aid box. It really shows us far she's come as a physician. It also showed us how even in a moment of fear and panic, MK could pull things together to treat the person she loves most in the world, which is something she'd worried over when XKL was sick with his brain tumor.

I also liked the end scene where XKL apologizes to MK for not being able to be wholly hers because of his work and MK answers by saying it’s okay, because she can’t help herself from loving him anymore than she can help herself from worrying about him or doctors controlling the outcome of their operations… I like how she says there are too many things out of their control, so they should just focus on “doing [their] best.” This phrase has come up several times since MK first heard it from Chief Wei (via Dr. Shao) as a lesson each learned early on in their careers while working in the ER, but I think it’s an important one. Isn’t that all we can ever ask of ourselves? As XKL also learned, when he was going through his rehab, it’s okay to not have to be the first in everything that we do. We just have to do our best and live well.

Finally, I thought MK's final words of the drama, “You have to take care of more than me, you also have to take care of this city,” was a nice reference to the drama's alternative title, “You Are My City and Fortress." 

Hard not to miss this drama and not feel like something's missing from my day now that I'm not waiting eagerly for new eps to watch... :smile:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

10 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

I watched the whole recording and the crew is so funny... most of the time they didn't know what they are doing, and are just chatting non-sense.

Hahaha! I know! I laughed so much because no one knew what they were doing and they were just making fun of each other. It was like I was watching a group of friends get together to catch up. :laugh:

Here's the English subs for anyone who wants to watch the live stream and needs subtitles. 

I just watched his cut in The Rise of Phoenixes, God, his look there is sooo good. I hope he can star in a historic costume drama soon! 

YES! Bai Jingting looked really handsome in The Rise of the Phoenixes. I've watched clips here and there but I don't think I can ever watch this drama in its entirety because it's 70 episodes long! :scaredpanda2:

38 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Hard not to miss this drama and not feel like something's missing from my day now that I'm not waiting eagerly for new eps to watch.

Same here. I don't have many dramas I'm watching that airs at end of the week, so not having You Are My Hero means I'll have more time to do the things I should have been doing. Hahaha!

• Like 3
On 4/15/2021 at 1:24 PM, NiteWalker said:

the very first week without our City Heroes!!! sharing some of their stills from their wrapping up ceremony :)

I miss Mika and Xing Kelei, and miss the days when we were talking non-stop about the drama. Hope to see you guys soon in another drama thread (probably will take a while considering how hard it is for me a start anything...)

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

I miss Mika and Xing Kelei, and miss the days when we were talking non-stop about the drama. Hope to see you guys soon in another drama thread (probably will take a while considering how hard it is for me a start anything...)

sigh....its the same for me....im really on the dry right now...every drama i watch kinda fall short in a sense

• Like 1

Just want to come here to shout that BJT's new drama "Octogenarian and The 90s" will be airing from April 21st on Mango TV. I guess that is what I will be watching, since I am already in the rabbit hole. :nervous:

His character seems to be a total goofball and it should be a comedy and a fun watch. The theme is on elderly care - so no much romance I suppose. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1
6 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

Just want to come here to shout that BJT's new drama "Octogenarian and The 90s" will be airing from April 21st on Mango TV. I guess that is what I will be watching, since I am already in the rabbit hole. :nervous:

His character seems to be a total goofball and it should be a comedy and a fun watch. The theme is on elderly care - so no much romance I suppose. 

Oh that is good news! I don't know why but the trailer kinda gave me some Go Ahead type feels: the heart, the emotion, the families aspect.  Hoping that turns out to be the case! 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

My Fanfics

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Oh that is good news! I don't know why but the trailer kinda gave me some Go Ahead type feels: the heart, the emotion, the families aspect.  Hoping that turns out to be the case! 

need to check them out before we can decide lols....totally love Go Ahead, they are my fav for 2020 lols and for 2021 this drama is the one for me lols

hahahaha im not sure im ready to see BJT with some other female lead after MSC, i might need to let it stew a bit first....

• Like 1
On 4/24/2021 at 6:27 PM, Olivia Kate said:

Howdy, everyone!😊 I stopped watching when the kids had their school term break and will resume in a while. I have 8 more episodes to watch I wish it’s 80 though so please excuse me while I go and catch up now.🥂

enjoy watching it...im sure you live the moment longer than us....im still rewatching lols

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2021 at 4:33 PM, Olivia Kate said:

I’m rewatching it, too!😄 For the 4th time!😁

I’m not happy though that I have to use VPN to watch it on WeTV. Why is it not allowed to be broadcasted in my region is 🙄.

sometimes it because of the rating they are about to air in your country or there is a restrictions in your country rules over certain film

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

A piece of information from the inside for you guys. BJT and MSC did date for about half a year after the filming of the show. However it didn't work out. You can see that they are a little bit awkward during the livestream even though they hide their emotions really well. Also there is a reason that did not do an interview together despite the drama being very successful. My friends who are working in the c-biz apparently all know about this but it did not spread out, maybe because they ve only dated for 6 months so...

They have really different personalities tbh

• Insightful 1