You Are My Hero / You're My City & Fortress 你是我的城池营垒 [2021]

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

Li Nian is, again, the star of today's episodes. He told Xiao Xia that Wenbo really likes her but because of Lu Feng, he's afraid to say anything to Xiao Xia. There's only ten episodes left, when are you going to stop and tell her yourself, Wenbo?! 

I was thinking that Li Nian deserves to be the guest of honour at both Kelei and Wenbo’s wedding. It’s actually surprising that he’s still single considering he’s the only one who has sense. :ChikoWTF:

I think Wenbo is slow because he’s dense and doesn’t quite know how to woo a woman. The fact that when Kelei was trying to explain to him that the exercise board is for love and Wenbo still didn’t get it. But yes, it’s frustrating because Xiao Xia is such a catch and deserves a good man. To be honest, in most dramas I watch, I don’t really care much about the 2nd FL but I just love Xiao Xia. She’s independent, she works hard, goes after what she wants but also knows to value and respect herself. 

I love all the scenes between Mi Ka and Kelei especially now that they’re so comfortable with each other. The fact that they ask each other to cook, Mi Ka tells Kelei to throw the garbage, and the way they take turns resting on each other’s shoulders and hugging. Just so normal and relatable. And I really love seeing Kelei think of excuses to get what he wants. Like the exercise board so he can spend more time at Mi Ka’s place or the jumping rope that he was pretending to be exercising but he just kept hitting himself with it. It’s so cute!!! :BulbaOWO:

Can I just say that I’m also crushing on Dr. Shao? Maybe it’s because I’m in my 30s and I find his mature and calm demeanour so attractive. I like that he’s a man who is settled, who doesn’t blow up or get insecure and is confident of who he is and what he is capable of but also remaining humble without any hint of pride or ego. He doesn’t come running over to Keyao but he’s always there like a tall tree that provides shade when you need it. 

• Like 6
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

I can't say enough about how fond I am of the leads. I am so glad that they didn't go the makjang route with them. Every kind of issue that comes up between them is resolved quickly. I think it's certainly a reflection of their personalities and even maturity that they talk things through a lot and apologize readily. They are a really good model to look at in terms of conflict resolution. It's easy to assume things and jump to conclusions when one is in a terrible frame of mind.

It isn't that they don't make mistakes because that's impossible. Even Xing Kelei isn't as perfect as all that. Perfectionist and people who expect a lot from themselves have their flaws too. They have ridiculous standards which leads to them not being able to deal with diminishment of ability or failure. Of course in his line of work, accuracy is crucial: one minute mistake can be the difference between life and death. However, it is hard for a man of his type to accept his frailty.

Luckily for him he has an older sister who doesn't mind putting him in his place and a girlfriend who is understanding as well as good natured enough to see the bigger picture. He needs a bit of breathing space to face certain home truths without people breathing down his neck constantly. He is fortunate that Mi Ka (perhaps because she's a doctor with some experience with difficult patients) can see what's going on in his headspace. His sister is right about that fact that only Mi Ka can put up with his attitude. At least I don't think not that many women can. ;)

It's good too that the incident of the pianist was the bolt of lightning that he needed to see that he needs to give himself time as his chances are good. For me this is about people mourning what they've lost rather than being grateful for what they've gained. I speak for myself too as I have that tendency. We are so blessed... the beneficiaries of so much medical advancement of the last 100 plus years. The marvel of surviving a brain operation is incredible in and of itself. But we've taken all of this for granted that we dwell on the negatives. We won't be able to do this and that. It's very human and Xing Kelei the most outstanding SWAT officer in his region is still very human.

There's not a lot more to be said about the melodrama between Xiao Xia and Wenbo. It's kind of silly and frankly (although I'm sure he means well) I don't like men treating women as prizes. He may not realise this but honestly, he has to grow up a tad. Without consulting her, he is taking away agency and not giving consideration to her feelings.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

9 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Just noticed that most of us here have either changed our DPs to a photo related to YAMH or own a badge from it. Obsessed we are!

Hahaha! I did end up changing my display photo the other day to show Zhang Binbin some love for his drama, Rattan; however, I kept my YAMH badges because that's all I care about right now. :eeeee:

It's late here so I'll reply tomorrow because some great points were brought up in everyone's posts. For now, these are the photos released today:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

did i say before i really like KeYao? i mean the relationship in between KeYao and KeLei is honestly very nice...they dont mind nipping at each other heels however in times of need both are there for each other....

KeLei is strong headed, he switches off Mika msg when she text him right after he tore into her for thinking she went tilly tally with Wenbo....

for a moment....i see a normal human and not the best or the youngest SWAT agent right there on the field doing those wonderful or some cool action saving another person life.....

the little thing that had him suspected of Mika abilities in keeping secret does for a moment had me almost knocking his head with something hard lols....however then i stop and think....right now he is in the sensitive periods....and he is not living up to his own standard....and KeYao is right, he always need to be No. 1 and when he didnt make it, he is grumpy.....

she told him for once he need to tone down or slow down for a bit....as you will not always be No. 1 all the times and sometimes it good to take the backseat for once in a while....

totally love how the drama actually slot in some small talks in between either friends, siblings and lovers.....they pace it out nicely and of course they gave us our usual sweet treats from our lovely OTP hahaha

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, Olivia Kate said:

Li Nian maybe the joker in the team but he’s also Dr. Phil and Oprah rolled into one.😄😊

what will our KeLei do without him? he was the one who was spot on about Mika discomfort when Kelei dump the whole lot of them on her when he dated her out for a dinner near to his camp!!!

if it werent for LiNian, he still be musing over what is troubling Mika....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

what will our KeLei do without him? he was the one who was spot on about Mika discomfort when Kelei dump the whole lot of them on her when he dated her out for a dinner near to his camp!!!

if it werent for LiNian, he still be musing over what is troubling Mika....

I think they will survive, they will just take longer time figuring things out.:MewGiggle:

Edited by Olivia Kate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
21 hours ago, Mouse said:

Can I just say that I’m also crushing on Dr. Shao? Maybe it’s because I’m in my 30s and I find his mature and calm demeanour so attractive. I like that he’s a man who is settled, who doesn’t blow up or get insecure and is confident of who he is and what he is capable of but also remaining humble without any hint of pride or ego. He doesn’t come running over to Keyao but he’s always there like a tall tree that provides shade when you need it. 

Ditto! His calm demeanour is really something and commendable. I love how he compose and conduct himself actually. I think it's how he is as a person and not just acting.:hearties:

I'm mid 30's and although I let myself admire younger generations of handsome actors, I have a limit of 10 years - I can't have a crush on someone 10 years younger than I (that's why Wang YiBo is off limits to me).:smile:

Edited by Olivia Kate
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Olivia Kate said:

I'm mid 30's and although I let myself admire younger generations of handsome actors, I have a limit of 10 years - I can't have a crush on someone 10 years younger than I (that's why Wang YiBo is off limits to me).:smile:

i dont mine checking out younger guys though.....i wont crush on them to be honest...watching them on screen isnt that bad....however to crush on them no way lols....

though all this watching kinda keep you young dont you think? lols

• Haha 3
21 hours ago, Tofu said:

@NiteWalker - I love Keyao and Kelei's relationship too. :laugh:

why you crop out Keyao??? ahahahaha....they both are really cute....did you catch the part where KeLei told KeYao that he is planning to propose and KeYao was like....

u dont have to get any permission, our parents had already said as long as you get married, they doesnt care who you marry ... i was like we really need to have a scene of the parent as well...they must be a very happy go lucky parents to have such a wonderful kids...

giphy.gif

in the book....KeLei always get the heat from the father.....as the father was also some army head / ex-army if i remember correctly.....and KeLei's dad and Mika's dad is actually old acquaintance that doesnt get on the good foot and KeLei's dad told KeLei he need to get Mika just for him to strut in front of Mika's dad hahahahahahha

:laugh:

4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

As we wait for more episodes, here's Bai Jingting being clumsy on set. Haha!

he isnt as smooth as he suppose to be after all lols

2cdf237067176710a990add5aece77304fdbe67b

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
50 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

more like you prefer to be the one pulling the leg i think lols

I can't ever do it because I can't lie like that without feeling bad. :eeeee:

This week has been pretty stressful with work so I'm excited for some Mi Ka and Xing Kelei episodes! :heart:

7f3cbfbe90d4c0ddf36b8d2cf0943cae79b6c9cd

• Like 1