You Are My Hero / You're My City & Fortress 你是我的城池营垒 [2021]

actually alot of ppl feeling the sadness of both Mika & KeLei being separated as she went for her study...however im on the opposite....i dont feel the sadness...while of course i feel bad for them when both KeLei and Mika is feeling heavy hearted and KeLei writing on the calendar....somehow this arch is nicely done for me in a sense of how they keep the relationship alive by keeping tab of each other....each while on the video chat with each other....and how KeLei sneak in a call or two when he has the times...

even as simple as 'Good Morning' & Good Night from both of them.....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

have you try 'Hello Mr Gu'?

I watched it till ep 10...its like forcing myself to watch:idk:

7 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

actually alot of ppl feeling the sadness of both Mika & KeLei being separated as she went for her study...however im on the opposite....i dont feel the sadness...while of course i feel bad for them when both KeLei and Mika is feeling heavy hearted and KeLei writing on the calendar....somehow this arch is nicely done for me in a sense of how they keep the relationship alive by keeping tab of each other....each while on the video chat with each other....and how KeLei sneak in a call or two when he has the times...

even as simple as 'Good Morning' & Good Night from both of them.....

I so in love with their healthy relationship!!  Wish I could find someone captain xing...also be someone like mika. :love:

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Yana said:

I so in love with their healthy relationship!!  Wish I could find someone captain xing...also be someone like mika. :love:

yes their consideration and trust in each other is really solidifying their relationship....encouragement from KeYao towards Mika also felt like a good balm for them too.....

its not easy being married to a doctor / police even when they were in the same spaces together...they still barely see each other by much especially when both need to run on emergency.....

seeing them working around that...and trying to understand each other to make the relationship work for the best really feel nice...

• Like 2
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

yes their consideration and trust in each other is really solidifying their relationship....encouragement from KeYao towards Mika also felt like a good balm for them too.....

its not easy being married to a doctor / police even when they were in the same spaces together...they still barely see each other by much especially when both need to run on emergency.....

seeing them working around that...and trying to understand each other to make the relationship work for the best really feel nice...

ikr...

With 2eps left...can we have atleast 1ep just for mika and xing alone. I really hope that they have their own wedding scene. :pandasadspoon:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i wish i can tell you there will be some special scenes....unfortunately nope....sighhhhhhhhhhhh i dunno what im going to do without them to be honest

special scenes??? really??

i am gonna miss this drama btw..its refreshing to see drama had healthy relationship

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Yana said:

special scenes??? really??

i am gonna miss this drama btw..its refreshing to see drama had healthy relationship

yes....this is one of the drama that i really like ... we have some bad not overall bad...which is the ShenSister of course....

and how one mission after another operation that separated the OTP despite them being on the same land....while some ppl actually complain that they have almost no conflict to spice up the relationship in between the OTP...

i find that most of the arch are nicely done ...and what they went thru is almost like what we will be facing in our daily life or in any relationship....its also show how both can get it over and done with, with more communication and understanding from both sides....and of course how one need patience on one side when the other side is being mule headed lols.....

over all i find the trope and arch of each phases are done really nicely....even for the Wenbo and XiaoXia arch where Wenbo was being stubborn about going after XiaoXia and then going all out after he decided he need to face his own insecurity before the girl get away

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yes....this is one of the drama that i really like ... we have some bad not overall bad...which is the ShenSister of course....

and how one mission after another operation that separated the OTP despite them being on the same land....while some ppl actually complain that they have almost no conflict to spice up the relationship in between the OTP...

i find that most of the arch are nicely done ...and what they went thru is almost like what we will be facing in our daily life or in any relationship....its also show how both can get it over and done with, with more communication and understanding from both sides....and of course how one need patience on one side when the other side is being mule headed lols.....

over all i find the trope and arch of each phases are done really nicely....even for the Wenbo and XiaoXia arch where Wenbo was being stubborn about going after XiaoXia and then going all out after he decided he need to face his own insecurity before the girl get away

Then shensister...glad they didnt overdrag their scenes. love when keyao warned them.

and i am happy when dr shao and keyao still have chance to rebuild their relationship. I adore them so much. 

For me this is one of the best drama of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Maybe it's just me... but I found the last couple of episodes kinda fillery. It made me realise too that I'm not that invested in Xiao Xia and Wenbo's romance to be that excited about their nuptials. Dr Shao and Keyao's doings I don't mind because they're people I can relate to and I like their slowburn reconciliation helped along by the leads. Xiao Xia and Wenbo as support acts are okay but when they dominate the landscape, I'm not as engaged with what's going on. I can see why the showrunners chose to go a different route with the romance and delay things between the leads but yeah, I was a bit frustrated by the way the writing went with regards to Mi Ka taking up the position at Allen's Medical position. The message behind that was fine, I'm behind it one hundred percent. But I felt uncomfortable with the way Mi Ka was dodging the issue... unnecessarily. There was something off about it. I'm not entirely happy that Kelei had to hear about it from someone else first. Two weeks of not talking or having any kind of contact. I dunno. It feels like the show was trying to create drama and conflict where none should exist. Just about everything that followed ... felt flat to me. Except for that moment when Kelei said "You should be asking me how much I love you instead". 

It's inevitable that this issue of professional demands affecting their relationship would resurface in a much more painful way because they are further along in their relationship. Plus gong overseas for two years is a huge deal when you're serious about someone who is in a high-risk profession and anything can happen while you're apart. Sacrifices have to be made in any relationship but if the other person is important enough than yeah, it never seems to be that much of a sacrifice because being with them or their well-being is more important than the thing you are giving up.

Anyway, the last couple of episodes weren't the best for me and I probably sound like a grumpy old lady. But it's because I expect better of this drama because the standards were set high early on.

• Like 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

9 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Maybe it's just me... but I found the last couple of episodes kinda fillery. It made me realise too that I'm not that invested in Xiao Xia and Wenbo's romance to be that excited about their nuptials. Dr Shao and Keyao's doings I don't mind because they're people I can relate to and I like their slowburn reconciliation helped along by the leads. Xiao Xia and Wenbo as support acts are okay but when they dominate the landscape, I'm not as engaged with what's going on. I can see why the showrunners chose to go a different route with the romance and delay things between the leads but yeah, I was a bit frustrated by the way the writing went with regards to Mi Ka taking up the position at Allen's Medical position. The message behind that was fine, I'm behind it one hundred percent. But I felt uncomfortable with the way Mi Ka was dodging the issue... unnecessarily. There was something off about it. I'm not entirely happy that Kelei had to hear about it from someone else first. Two weeks of not talking or having any kind of contact. I dunno. It feels like the show was trying to create drama and conflict where none should exist. Just about everything that followed ... felt flat to me. Except for that moment when Kelei said "You should be asking me how much I love you instead". 

It's inevitable that this issue of professional demands affecting their relationship would resurface in a much more painful way because they are further along in their relationship. Plus gong overseas for two years is a huge deal when you're serious about someone who is in a high-risk profession and anything can happen while you're apart. Sacrifices have to be made in any relationship but if the other person is important enough than yeah, it never seems to be that much of a sacrifice because being with them or their well-being is more important than the thing you are giving up.

Anyway, the last couple of episodes weren't the best for me and I probably sound like a grumpy old lady. But it's because I expect better of this drama because the standards were set high early on.

Tbh, i kinda always fast forward xiaoxia and wenbo scenes. I am more like to main lead and Dr shao and keyao.

kinda agree wit you...i was surprised when kelei had hear the conversation between his sister and Dr Shao. If i was kelei...it makes me thinking that it shouldn't be hidden from me because it will affect both party (eventhought its not mika's attention) ;p

Kelei said "You should be asking me how much I love you instead". oh booyyy....i love they way he replied to her!!! like what kelei said in the one of the eps..."after all we have been thru" :smile:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Can we talk about Keyao, when she shut down those two sisters? 

man, like it ended so easily for those two, I lowkey wanted some more action, but damn, I replay that scene a lot. 

oh i love that parts....i love how she shut them up...

"I know what you want, however KeLei had never felt the same, even if there is no Mika, you still will not be the one"

• Like 1
On 4/5/2021 at 11:46 AM, Tofu said:

Too cute!!

This is easily the best BTS... God knows how many times I have watched it. The director mentioned in an interview that this is also improvised and designed by the actors... At this point, I feel that all the famous scenes are the results of improvisation. It really shows how comfortable they are with each other and how good the chemistry is. 

Episode 37-38: I am with @40somethingahjumma that I don't like how they handled revealing of the news to XKL. While I understand how it might slip MK's mind to tell XKL about this since it is a long shot, it should not have taken her so long to discuss this with him once she got to know that she is through the first round. XKL shouldn't hear the news from Keyao either. The drama is unnecessary, given how things have been handled before.

However, I DO like their reactions once the news broke. XKL has to be my favorite ML at this point... The hug he gave her when she ran out to see him... the way he said "you have no confidence in yourself or in me... I don't want you to have regrets... though I am still not willing to let you go..." and "I am a police. I am loyal. I will wait for you". The scene on the balcony really made me tear up. Of course, the line "you should ask me how much I love you instead"... 

Two more episodes and we are in for more drama, injury and hopefully lots of sweet moments. I am not ready to let XKL and MK go... 

• Like 2

@40somethingahjumma @Xiaopz_pj - Yeah, I agreed too. It was a sudden change from what I would expect from Mi Ka. I remembered she told Kelei to share his worries before so it was strange that she didn't do the same. I'm satisfied with how both of them responded once it was let out though. 

Honestly, I did not expect Kelei to respond that way to Mi Ka when she asked him why he's never told her he loves her. Once he said it, I thought, "Hmm...that sounds a lot like something Kelei would say". Haha!

I love love love that BTS of their sofa kiss. It's funny, cute, and everything I love about this couple. 

I don't want it to end this week! :pandasadspoon: There are only a few dramas I will continue to rewatch repeatedly and I feel pretty strongly that this will be one of them. 

Question: What will everyone be watching after this? Or, I guess, what is everyone currently watching too?  

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@40somethingahjumma @Xiaopz_pj - Yeah, I agreed too. It was a sudden change from what I would expect from Mi Ka. I remembered she told Kelei to share his worries before so it was strange that she didn't do the same. I'm satisfied with how both of them responded once it was let out though. 

Honestly, I did not expect Kelei to respond that way to Mi Ka when she asked him why he's never told her he loves her. Once he said it, I thought, "Hmm...that sounds a lot like something Kelei would say". Haha!

I love love love that BTS of their sofa kiss. It's funny, cute, and everything I love about this couple. 

I don't want it to end this week! :pandasadspoon: There are only a few dramas I will continue to rewatch repeatedly and I feel pretty strongly that this will be one of them. 

Question: What will everyone be watching after this? Or, I guess, what is everyone currently watching too?  

My server want to try word of honours. Although, i’m not too hype cause i watched a few episodess and it seems like i need to full on concentrate but the hype is real so i’m gonna try it out. Also on weekends, we’re rewatching Nice To Meet You and Someday or One Day

• Like 2

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

totally...i mean before she register she could actually brought it up....

on this we can see a lack of confidence on Mika side too...cause she never thought she can make it...which was mainly why she never thought....'oh i should tell him' however i would had expect her to at least tell him....'i'm recommended by Dr.Shao to register for this......bla bla bla....'

it does disappoint a little when she didnt do that, when it been known that both had been pretty open with their thought with each other....

• Like 1

Finished the last episodes.

The bus scene was more intense than expected, even though I more or less knew what happened. Kudos to the directing of the scene as well as the acting to the leads. I was quite impressed by BJT's acting here when he got hurt... it was very real and I was feeling his pain.

The rest is just a good wrap-up of all the stories, and the ending scene where they talked about their profession and their relationships was a nice touch too. Of course, XKL is really good at being romantic in his own way. All the flashback as they toured the training camp just made me feel all the emotions again...

I have to say, despite all the shortcomings, the couple of Xing Kelei and Mika is easily one of my all-time favorite, as far as their relationship goes. The writers did a great job portraying a healthy and mature relationship, the actors gave each character even more personality, the on-site chemistry and improvisation made it to the next level in term of being funny, relatable, and making us swoon. 

It is hard to say good bye to these two, but it has been a fun ride. :love:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2