You Are My Hero / You're My City & Fortress 你是我的城池营垒 [2021]

10 hours ago, themarchioness said:

XKY is the Boss!!!!!  Love her.  Also, I repeat for the millionth time: I love the Xing Sibs.  Hahahaha.  I mean, she calls him home, demands to know how he's going to handle this situation, and then he says, "How about you handle it?" and she replies, "Beg me."  LOLOLOLOLOL.  I heart them.

totally...i love her the moment she enter the scenes....

every little interaction between KeYao and KeLei is as good as seeing KeLei with Mika....and the Shen Sisters totally scare of KeYao....you can feel it from the very first visits, she had told them to behave and knew that KeYao does not approve of the elder sister to be KeLei's Gf at all....

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Some pity for Xiao Xia for falling for a blockhead like Wenbo. Maybe she should take have taken his early rejection of her as a red flag quite frankly. Dear me. He even echoed what I said in a previous post: He didn't think he was good enough for her. *eye roll* Can this guy be more predictable or what? He's a nice enough and loyal, willing to take advice but it does beg the question if a smart girl like that can be happy long-term with a guy like this. Obviously this is just a rom com and all this is done in the spirit of humour but I have to wonder.

i had tummy ache yesterday watching XiaoXia and Wenbo and how KeLei and Mika trying to ease this wood into be more flexible hahahaha....i was like....oh boy....i told my mom how he hold the umbrella and my mom was like.....

"No Cure"

• Haha 2

I really like the two new episodes.

It is not dramatic as the previous ones and went back to everyday life of doctors and police, but it really tells the story of these two professions and the two people who are in love but sometimes have to face the reality of their jobs.

It breaks my heart to see Mika in isolation, but we also know she knows that XKL would have come immediately if it is not for his job. I guess this is reality they have to recon with, and I suppose that it is the last step in their growth, both as individually and as a couple.

My favorite scenes:

- XKL came back and held MK from the back. He said: you told me to leave the strongest side to others and the weakest side to you, you should do the same. :cry:

- Wenbo and XKL held hands with the rings on. hahahahahahaha :laugh:

• Like 3

Gotta give Wenbo his due this time round. When he makes up his mind, he goes all out. Well, good for him. Although he's a bit of a bargain hunter apparently. :laugh: The whole ring buying event was embarrassing and funny. Two normally macho cops who are just so in need of help in romance. At least someone thought about asking Mi Ka for advice. 

Really happy to see progress between Dr Shao and Keyao. They are a good match and they didn't really want to go their separate ways to begin with. It's good that they have matured and learnt from the past to be much more upfront. I enjoy seeing both sides of Keyao... the bossy know-it-al sister and the shy, reticent almost unconfident ex-girlfriend.

It's fairly realistic that their respective professions was always the biggest hindrance to their relationship. It wasn't the misunderstandings, or the tumour scare or other women trying to get between them. Kelei liked her practically from Day 1 and despite all their issues at the emergency training camp, his interest in her remained steadfast. But the demands of their jobs could be an impediment to their blossoming relationship. The very thing that brought them together could potentially tear them apart. 

I'm expecting a good ending for the leads despite the previews that I've seen elsewhere. Although I am allergic to the "just-before-the-end-separation" I am willing to be convinced by this drama which hasn't really let me down so far. As long as it's not for reasons of Mi Ka wanting to "find herself" and it's really a fantastic opportunity to upgrade professionally.

• Like 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I wish KiMi put down her hair with wedding dress.  What is the reason her hair up for about 37 episodes????  

nice to see Wenbo not wasting anytime.  Loved his proposal. 

is anyone bugged by the sofa in their loft? 
I keep getting distracted by the pillows on sofa.  Have the urge to throw them across the room.  

Episode 38 left me worrying something going happen to KiMi in store.   Or maybe not.

to be honest I fast forwarded through the training scenes of XKL.  It wasn’t that exciting as the earthquake. 

Is this drama about to end soon?  Need another drama to replace, sword and brocade and Love is sweet.  I am officially addicted to CDramas.  There I admitted it.... and that is a big admission for since I have been a die hard Kdrama fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The beginning episodes this week were not something I enjoyed. I dislike the two sisters, but I loved the way Mi Ka and Kelei responded to it. They communicate well with each other and that has built a really strong foundation for their relationship. It's not often that you see something like that in dramaland. I laughed when Mi Ka pretended to be upset at Kelei. Haha!

The episodes at the end of this week were lovely to watch. :heart:

I'm glad that Wenbo has finally come to his senses! I can't believe he went from confessing his love to proposing in the span of three episodes. Haha! I guess this is what happens when you suppress your feelings for so long? 

Dr. Shao expresses his feelings in his own special way and I'm all for it -- it's such a different way of expressing from the other two. I love that he asks Keyao to help him look at a place and add that the place has to fit both of them. Then he indirectly asks Mi Ka to help him tell Keyao what happened seven years ago too....haha! 

@40somethingahjumma - I feel the same about Mi Ka and Kelei too. They are definitely one of my favorite couples in a drama this year, maybe also in all the dramas I've watched too. 

A few favorite moments of the episodes today:

Spoiler

Spoiler

In the BTS, they are actually take a photo of something else. LOL!

Spoiler

Spoiler

This scene seems so natural, I'm thinking it might have been an ab lib. :laugh:

Spoiler

I loved Li Nian teasing Wenbo in this one. Haha!

Spoiler

I wished I had Wenbo in my life so he can take photos for my little sister. I swear she wants photos of herself everywhere we go. :nervous:

Spoiler

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I wished I had Wenbo in my life so he can take photos for my little sister. I swear she wants photos of herself everywhere we go. :nervous:

your sister sounded like my mother....however i love taking pictures of her....this is my memories of her especially when we went Japan together.....hehehe she was a spot to let me selfie with her all the times hahahaa

5 hours ago, Mizv said:

is anyone bugged by the sofa in their loft? 
I keep getting distracted by the pillows on sofa.  Have the urge to throw them across the room.

the sofa is good i dont like the pillow though...what the hell those pillows is doing on those big sofa anyway lols

• Haha 1

i really really love this one too @Tofu the thoughtfulness each for one another even though they need to bear the separation in between two individuals who are currently passionately in love with each other....however after seeing it all thru yesterday....even with separation they dont stop feeding us sweets hahahaha and i like how they insert YanShan back for a bit and show that she is still good with Mika...

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

your sister sounded like my mother....however i love taking pictures of her....this is my memories of her especially when we went Japan together.....hehehe she was a spot to let me selfie with her all the times hahahaa

If it was just one or two pictures that would be ok with me, but she makes me retake the photo multiple times so we end up not being able to do anything because of it. :niu:

@Mizv @NiteWalker - Hahaha! The pillows on the sofa are interesting. They are like seat cushion for a sofa that already has cushions? :idk:

22 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i really really love this one too

Me too! I also liked that Mi Ka was the one to propose and not Xing Kelei. That really warmed my heart because it really just showed how comfortable they are with each other and also plays into what kind of person Mi Ka is too. 

The OST that plays for Wenbo. Haha!

• Haha 1

Too cute!!

12 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

doesnt this picture make the girl look like someone who cannot be reveal hahahaha.... who happen to be block by the review mirror lols hehehehe

Your attention to detail surprises me sometimes. I didn't even realized the photo did that to her. LOL!!! :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Your attention to detail surprises me sometimes. I didn't even realized the photo did that to her. LOL!!! :laugh:

actually im not one to notice details....its just that when you posted the pictures and i was checking it out....and then it just kinda pop up didnt it lols

8 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Too cute!!

hahaha totally loving their interaction.....hahahaha...SiChun was like, you're only eating by yourself....then.....only BJT feed her one and ask her as you happy now? then she told him...okie now kiss me....

and then again ....okie kiss me again....

after the director say cut....she was like "what kind of actress am i, 'kiss me'" hahahaha

2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

You're My Hero is staying on top for a bit now hahahaha way to GO for the whole production!!!

This is amazing considering they did very little promotions for it! :LarvitarSDab1:

33 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

she was like "what kind of actress am i, 'kiss me'" hahahaha

Hahahaha! That is too cute and also funny! :laugh:

20 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

Jiang PeiYao sharing her wedding photos in YAMH thru her weibo, she really looks awesome in them

Yay!! I was hoping someone would share them! She looks so pretty! 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Yay!! I was hoping someone would share them! She looks so pretty! 

i love it when she post with Wenbo sunglasses....i believe that is his? hahahhaa

3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

This is amazing considering they did very little promotions for it! :LarvitarSDab1:

at the rate they are releasing the BTs, thats alot of promo already, damn i really want them to go on Happy Camp together...i need to see my KeLei and Mika in the same frame again!!!

4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hahahaha! That is too cute and also funny! :laugh:

totally....even the production teams love them alot....the director is a sport, he spoiled some of the actor / actress filming too by laughing too loud lols

• Like 2