You Are My Hero / You're My City & Fortress 你是我的城池营垒 [2021]

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Based off the English subs for the preview, Kelei has pituitary adenoma.

I’m kind of glad that there’s no third party in this drama. The problem is literally and figuratively internal and MK being a doctor just makes it charming in a challenging way.❤️

5 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i wonder how will you feel if you guys are facing a bunch of guys suddenly? just like this hahaha...most of them dont look too bad either you know

Having been in a male dominated profession I spend my days surrounded by men ranging from charming to so so. XKL’s team maybe deadly in the field or during rescue but I think I’ll still be able to maintain my composure if I’m facing them, I will not deny that l’ll blink twice though😊

Edited by Olivia Kate
  • Haha 3

I was shocked when I watched the clip from last night - how is this cute boy Xing KeLei?! I guess he really did a great job in this role. He also mentioned in the live streaming that Bai Jingting is more boring (introvert) than XKL, but the similarity is that they both are good at bantering. :-))))))))

To be honest, I was suspicious of his acting because I never watched anything from him and I was afraid that I would only see Bai Jingting rather than the character. I am so happy that I have been proven wrong.

@NiteWalker I really love him in "who is the murderer" - funny, smart, and cute.  Also, it is such a fun show! I am currently watching S5 EP6 (NZND). It is right before he started to shoot YAMH. He wore a wig probably because he already cut his hair very short for the drama. But his whole outfit and style in that episode is soooo good.  

• Haha 3

@Xiaopz_pj i send you the points enough for a badge, go to the 'Member Shop' at the top and you will see the selections of the badges that you wanted :cool:

26 minutes ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

@NiteWalker I really love him in "who is the murderer" - funny, smart, and cute.  Also, it is such a fun show! I am currently watching S5 EP6 (NZND). It is right before he started to shoot YAMH. He wore a wig probably because he already cut his hair very short for the drama. But his whole outfit and style in that episode is soooo good.  

hahha yes...i love him in S1 to S5 though his appearance for S5 is very number.....i miss the other girl that didnt appear during S6 too....

they love to pair him with her most of the times lols...

• Like 3

@NiteWalkerAfter recent episodes I don't know how I really feel about the Xiao Xia - Wenbo romance. Apart from being so frustrating, I just don't know that Xiao Xia should have to work this hard. I don't know if any woman should have to work this hard. She's done what she can. Wenbo is thicker than a brick wall (that's a well-established fact) but I agree that he is giving her mixed signals. I think she should just move on and make him do all the heavy lifting for a change. 

I am so glad that there's no push and pull between the leads... yet. Let's hope never please even with the tumour. No noble idiocy thank you very much. They've done so well so far. Stay the course, get married and have kids.

On another note:

Sob. I can't get the Xing Kelei SWAT badge. Not enough moolah apparently. I'm hoping that the badge will be in the shop long enough so I can save up for it. 

• Haha 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

19 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I am so glad that there's no push and pull between the leads... yet. Let's hope never please even with the tumour. No noble idiocy thank you very much. They've done so well so far. Stay the course, get married and have kids.

Yes, especially the last sentence! :-DDD They can fight, but they should always be honest with each other. 

@NiteWalker Thank you so much for the points! I am proudly wearing my XKL badge now :love:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

thanks alot for this one....i do like the changes honestly.....

sometimes i find the books is good by itself however if we are to adapt the whole stories into the drama it wont really fit.....however the changes here and there actually make the drama even better....

i seen that happen in 'Under the Power' i love both the books and the drama hahaha....i might just pick up the book after it done airing or maybe as i wait for the drama during Mon-Wed?? hehehe

do you happen to have the book link?

Here is a link to the book (to read online): http://www.qxtxt.com/nishiwodechengchiyinglei/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@NiteWalkerAfter recent episodes I don't know how I really feel about the Xiao Xia - Wenbo romance. Apart from being so frustrating, I just don't know that Xiao Xia should have to work this hard. I don't know if any woman should have to work this hard. She's done what she can. Wenbo is thicker than a brick wall (that's a well-established fact) but I agree that he is giving her mixed signals. I think she should just move on and make him do all the heavy lifting for a change.

My mom like u said that the girl should just move on...it isn't like she doesn't have market at all u know...

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yes so far none...i think we can rest assure there wasn't any noble idiocy in this drama between the lead... Mika probably going to punish Kelei a lil for being a brat as he is recovering ... other than that I don't see anything bad in the lead.... fingers cross lols

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Sob. I can't get the Xing Kelei SWAT badge. Not enough moolah apparently. I'm hoping that the badge will be in the shop long enough so I can save up for it. 

Let's me know how much is short we sent it ur way 

22 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I feel the same, whenever I come in, everyone prob already asleep

I'm mostly up for a lil when u come in lol though zap of energy lol

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Tofu said:

@Xiaopz_pj @AwkwarDerp - I feel the same way too! I think majority of our members live in Asia so when I'm on (I live in the US), I'm usually talking to myself. That's why sometimes you'll find multiple posts from me all in a row. @NiteWalker doesn't ever sleep so she's always on. LOL!!! 

I'm your neighbour, I'm in Canada.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

4 hours ago, Tofu said:

@Xiaopz_pj @AwkwarDerp - I feel the same way too! I think majority of our members live in Asia so when I'm on (I live in the US), I'm usually talking to myself. That's why sometimes you'll find multiple posts from me all in a row. @NiteWalker doesn't ever sleep so she's always on. LOL!!! 

i do sleep my dear... more like you were the one who are always around more lols

4 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I'm your neighbour, I'm in Canada.

i believe you and @Mouse is on the same land and today is Thursday !!!!!!!!!! 

5 hours ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Well, it still doesn't change the fact i don't like her either, I'm just trying to find an excuse to understand her :eeeee:

i dislike her ... I only see her having her own interest in check... she doesn’t care who she hurt...even if that is her friend ....

ChenTao deserved a better woman 

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

My mom like u said that the girl should just move on...it isn't like she doesn't have market at all u know...

It isn't just that for me. It is true that she is an attractive woman and can do better. Definitely. I just don't think a woman should try too hard with a man who doesn't make any effort to woo her. It's feels intrinsically unhealthy and it's not a good start to a long-term relationship. He is hurting her inadvertently and it feels dysfunctional. More importantly it also tells me that Wenbo doesn't know what he wants. Obviously timing is an issue. But then no matter how macho he is, being so slow on the uptake on social issues can have long-term problems. I know that this is a rom com but relationships are all about negotiation. If one party isn't coming to the table, it's a non-starter. There's a reason why He's Just Not that Into You became a bestseller.

As far as the storytelling is concerned, it's a fascinating contrast to the leads especially Xing Kelei. This is a man who generally has it all together. Even if he's not so great or experienced with courtship, he knows exactly what he wants and goes for it. He's not over-the-top about it either. He picks up on cues and signals that he gets from the woman he likes and acts accordingly. He senses that she's not averse to spending time with him and they get on well. When he finally realises that she has feelings for him, he is clear about where he wants to take their relationship and spells it out loudly and clearly.

I'm always amused by Kelei's team members referring to themselves as Dan Shen Gou lit: "Single Dogs" and expressing their ignorance about all things related to women and dating. To me it's one thing to be ignorant and be clumsy about courting but it's another thing to be oblivious, to not give a hoot when another man announces to the world that he's after "your" girl.

Jealousy is not always a bad thing. 

I'm all good with the points now. Thanks to @Tofu

Thanks for offering though. I didn't need much more I think. Bless you both. :smile:

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i do sleep my dear... more like you were the one who are always around more lols

i believe you and @Mouse is on the same land and today is Thursday !!!!!!!!!! 

i dislike her ... I only see her having her own interest in check... she doesn’t care who she hurt...even if that is her friend ....

ChenTao deserved a better woman 

ChenTao should be with me, 

• Haha 2

@40somethingahjumma - I don't think Xiao Xia should have to try this hard either. Wenbo is a bit clueless when it comes to romance, but even so, if he was moved by Xiao Xia in even the tiniest way, he would not be ignoring her the way he has been. He doesn't respond to her messages or phone calls. When they do see each other, he shows her that he's interested. Wenbo keeps sending Xiao Xia mix signals --- do you like her or are you just being nice?

When Wenbo was doing this before the earthquake, I understood that he probably didn't know what he wanted and it's not like they spent that much time together. However, after the earthquake, he continues to treat her the same way. If she was my friend, I would tell her to drop him already. Haha!

That dinner scene in the preview, I hope that means that we'll see Wenbo work a little harder if he wants to be with Xiao Xia. I don't want Xiao Xia to suddenly give in to him just because he's not ignoring her now (boxing scene). 

8 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

With this, we can announce that YAMH has a global audience

Haha, yes!! I love that we're all from different areas. :heart:

4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

Shh...we don't speak about my sleeping habits. :laugh:

Yay badges! @AwkwarDerp, do you want one too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

🙋🏻‍♀️.. though a bit late but I’m starting this now...:smile:  I quite like the story of the leads so far.. I’m 4 episodes dip in 😂😂..

Ohh and Sandra Ma from Oh My General and Love Me If You Dare pulls me in, but this is my first for Bai Jing Ting.. is his previous drama good? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
27 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

🙋🏻‍♀️.. though a bit late but I’m starting this now...:smile:  I quite like the story of the leads so far.. I’m 4 episodes dip in 😂😂..

Ohh and Sandra Ma from Oh My General and Love Me If You Dare pulls me in, but this is my first for Bai Jing Ting.. is his previous drama good? 

I didn’t really watch his other drama ... this is the first for me too

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, MorningDew said:

this is my first for Bai Jing Ting.. is his previous drama good? 

He won an award for his performance in The Ordinary Glory with Mark Chao. His other drama after that (Irreplaceable Love), I heard not so great reviews about it. 

All that counts is this is the drama he has his first onscreen kiss, the first in all the 7 years he's been in the entertainment industry. :laugh:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

@40somethingahjumma - I don't think Xiao Xia should have to try this hard either. Wenbo is a bit clueless when it comes to romance, but even so, if he was moved by Xiao Xia in even the tiniest way, he would not be ignoring her the way he has been. He doesn't respond to her messages or phone calls. When they do see each other, he shows her that he's interested. Wenbo keeps sending Xiao Xia mix signals --- do you like her or are you just being nice?

When Wenbo was doing this before the earthquake, I understood that he probably didn't know what he wanted and it's not like they spent that much time together. However, after the earthquake, he continues to treat her the same way. If she was my friend, I would tell her to drop him already. Haha!

That dinner scene in the preview, I hope that means that we'll see Wenbo work a little harder if he wants to be with Xiao Xia. I don't want Xiao Xia to suddenly give in to him just because he's not ignoring her now (boxing scene). 

Haha, yes!! I love that we're all from different areas. :heart:

Shh...we don't speak about my sleeping habits. :laugh:

Yay badges! @AwkwarDerp, do you want one too?

BADGESSS! what where 

46 minutes ago, Tofu said:

He won an award for his performance in The Ordinary Glory with Mark Chao. His other drama after that (Irreplaceable Love), I heard not so great reviews about it. 

All that counts is this is the drama he has his first onscreen kiss, the first in all the 7 years he's been in the entertainment industry. :laugh:

The only Bai Jingting drama I watched was when he was the second lead, I would recommend but then I wouldn't either 

• Like 2

Bai JingTing teasing Ma SiChun during her dreaming that behind the boots is a bouquet of flowers for her and the SiChun told Bai if he can toast the bottle and had it standing, she will give him money hehehe

then they were standing and SiChun told Bai to sing and then the director came in and say they can go home and Bai say he still want to continue to film lols

• Like 2