You Are My Hero / You're My City & Fortress 你是我的城池营垒 [2021]

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Yanshan's problem was always with Dr Shao but she took it out on Mi Ka in cowardly fashion. The right thing should have been her going to Dr Shao and asking him why the seeming favouritism shown towards Mi Ka. But this lack of courage is what allowed the resentment to build and boil over into dishonesty. And that's often the case. 

People think that teachers show favouritism and may be that's sometimes the case. But the reality is that everybody is different and that teachers respond to some students differently because a) the teacher is human b) the students have very different needs. Some students need a lot more help than others. Some students are far more independent than others. If inclusive learning is actually a thing (in practice it's far more problematic), than treating every student "the same" doesn't work. This is one of the biggest unspoken problems in education in my view.

So true! Well said. And we can actually see this in the way Dr. Shao handles Mi Ka and Yan Shan. He gives Mi Ka opportunities to grow on an academic level because he sees that she's already got the courage and the ability to put patients' needs first. However, she still needs to improve in her knowledge which is why he also helped her with her paper by providing her additional research material. He is okay with accepting invitations to dinner from Mi Ka because he knows there is no ulterior motive. With Yan Shan, she excels at the academic level - Dr. Shao even says that her paper is in fact better than Mi Ka's. However, she is lacking in the courage needed to handle pressure and tough situations and this is why he repeatedly counsels her on this. When she gives him food, he declines it because he knows she has ulterior motives. He keeps telling her to spend her time on other, more important pursuits because he knows she is too focused on herself instead of being focused on her patients. So the way Dr. Shao treated both of them is actually not favouritism but based on what he felt each student needed.

Thank you @Xiaopz_pj for your translations on BJT's interview and thank you @Tofu and @NiteWalker for posting previews! I was surprised to learn that the actress who plays Keyao sang the song! I love that song!

Can I just say how much I love the ear pulling from Mi Ka?! The reason I love it so much (apart from all the hugs between them) is because it shows how comfortable they've gotten with each other. 

Wenbo - ugh. I love you but right now I am not happy with you.

Xiao Xia - gotta love the girl. Like many of you have already said, a girl shouldn't have to work so hard for a man especially if the man is doing nothing. But I love her independence, her confidence in herself. I love that she knows what she wants and goes for it and also knows to draw a hard line when she doesn't want something - as in the case with Lin Feng. The guy keeps trying but she stands her ground. Really love that she draws clear line so as not to cause false hope or misunderstanding like how she made sure they paid separately for their drinks.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

12 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Made the mistake of breaking from work to skim watch 25 & 26 at lunch and now it's all I can think about.... :laugh:

its too addictive lols....i was this way till i get my hand on the preview for Episode 30....

i know and i fully trust our OTP going to make it thru and make the best out of the whole situation however i still couldnt stop myself from wanting to know what exactly happen....

this drama mess me up good lols

• Like 2

I like how Keyao and MK work together for XKL.

I knew I've seen Keyao before but I only remembered it last night. She was the mother-in-law of Ma Sichun in Oh My General. I've been racking my brains for some time trying to understand why Keyao's mannerisms are familiar then I suddenly remembered the drama OMG when I saw her confronting XKL about his illness. I think she and Ma Sichun are friends IRL.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Olivia Kate said:

I like how Keyao and MK work together for XKL.

I knew I've seen Keyao before but I only remembered it last night. She was the mother-in-law of Ma Sichun in Oh My General. I've been racking my brains for some time trying to understand why Keyao's mannerisms are familiar then I suddenly remembered the drama OMG when I saw her confronting XKL about his illness. I think she and Ma Sichun are friends IRL.

yes they are....together with YangZi....they were out having a drink together i think about 2 weeks ago if im not wrong :) 

• Like 3

Just finished episodes 27-28.

Oh my, where do I even start? I really love these two episodes, and there are some many wonderful moments of all three CPs.

If I could, I would watch Xing Kelei and Mika all day long, because their interactions are so precious - sweet, touching, sincere... It really speaks volume for these two actors and the director to make these mundane moments seem natural, relatable yet loving. There are small moments of tensions here and there, but at the end of the day, they are always honest with each other. There is no agony, and we as audience can always trust that these two will handle their relationship in a transparent and mature way. It made the watching experience so much better.

My top moments:

- the waiting scenes when XKL is in operation, both Mika, Keyao, and the squad

- the night before the operation where XKL let MK listen to his calm heartbeat 

- when XKL wakes up and MK feeds him watermelon, and Keyao comes and XKL says "I am your cute younger brother" hahahaha 

Also, Dr. Shao is as good a boyfriend as XKL. 

Finally, Wenbo, you deserved every kick you got. hahaha 

• Like 4

So many wonderful moments in the two episodes released today.

Like @Xiaopz_pj, I really liked the conversation Mi Ka and Kelei had outside the night before his surgery. Because of his profession and who he is, he doesn't always let it be known when he's in a vulnerable state. I just love the way Mi Ka assures him that it's ok to lean on her sometimes. The "can you hear my heart rate" scene was super cute too. :heart:

Dr. Shao and Keyao -- I like that not much needs to be said for the both of them to recognize how much they mean to each other. I do hope that Dr. Shao is able to clear up that misunderstanding, why didn't you ask Keyao to stay?

As for Wenbo....well, progress, I guess. Haha! 

BTS -- KEEP REALLL! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I've reached the blood boiling episode, Yan Shan deleted her research for her thesis. I am going to cry, as a university, I know how hard it is to write a thesis and they have to be based on like grounded research and they're not easy to find but OMG how dare she! She literally did this, RIGHT AFTER Doctor Shao was like "You need to keep in mind two things, one of them is to be humble" and what did she do? 

She said she have confident she can crushed other people, obviously you only do this when you feel threaten and HAVE NO CONFIDENCE.  

CAN CHEN TAO LIKE SCREAM AT HER ALREADY? Like don't keep silent dude

• Like 5

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

@NiteWalker - Thanks for providing us with some of the differences between the novel and the drama. I found myself thinking today how different Dr. Shao's and Keyao's relationship would be if Keyao had a child. I'm glad that in the novel Li Nian is still the same -- helping everyone out. 

@Mouse - YanShan kind of redeemed herself a bit these last four episodes. We find out about why she needs to be acknowledged. I guess if your whole family are nothing but prestigious brain surgeons there's probably a lot of pressure for you to excel too. 

@AwkwarDerp - I don't think Chen Tao ever outright confront her either. I think it was just a moment of frustration where he brings it up but I don't think they discuss it further. Poor Chen Tao, I feel so bad for him still. :cry:

They are the cutest. :wow:

16538647bb0d030f59d90b65bac321d330d77cd7

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

@Mouse - YanShan kind of redeemed herself a bit these last four episodes. We find out about why she needs to be acknowledged. I guess if your whole family are nothing but prestigious brain surgeons there's probably a lot of pressure for you to excel too. 

yes totally... i felt like we can give her a 2nd chance, she was this way mainly because of how her mother had always look down on her own child in a sense...and been telling you all the times you need to live up to this and that all the way...

it was just like when i was growing up...how my mother / relatives always mention, how nice if  you're a boy...why arent you a boy....because im the first born.....

somehow i grew up being a tomboy...i cut my hair real short and even had the army boy cut till my discipline teacher call me into the office and told me to grow my hair lols :wow2: hahahaha....

i give YanShan another go because at the very least she came out and say 'sorry' to Mika, and she didnt push the blame on her mother or anything...she told her that she befriended Mika from the beginning because she made her feel good and that she is better than Mika....

also she start to feel threaten when Mika starting to shine and admitted thats when she started to be bad....i like her way of apologizing and hoping Mika will forgive her....i like how Mika stand aside and didnt try to reach out to her at all and let YanShan to be the one to do the reaching for this one times....to mend the bridge and then she offer lets go and grab the food at the recent hotspots that been exploding in the internet....

This drama really does tell us how one will make a mistake just on a whim and if you're sincere enough, ppl will give you a 2nd chance....

12 hours ago, Xiaopz_pj said:

- the waiting scenes when XKL is in operation, both Mika, Keyao, and the squad

this is the moment i shed tears....because i felt like the whole hospital and also the whole police squad is just like 1 big family, everyone is concern one way or another....

ChenTao bring coffee to Mika just to check on her....the squad trying their best to keep calm and go thru their training to keep their wandering minds and worries at bay....

even the supervisor came and check on Mika with the excuse she just happen to walk by....the warmth feeling that both KeYao and Mika are not alone in their worries warm one heart....

• Like 4
17 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

somehow i grew up being a tomboy...i cut my hair real short and even had the army boy cut till my discipline teacher call me into the office and told me to grow my hair lols :wow2: hahahaha....

Hahaha! I can't imagine you with short hair for some reason. :eeeee:

This drama really does tell us how one will make a mistake just on a whim and if you're sincere enough, ppl will give you a 2nd chance....

It does and something I appreciate about the drama is that they don't dwell too long on these things. It's an issue, everyone talks about it and they move on. 

this is the moment i shed tears....because i felt like the whole hospital and also the whole police squad is just like 1 big family, everyone is concern one way or another....

Xing Kelei is so loved by the people around him. I was thinking that if I was ever in the hospital, I wonder who would actually come. Of course right now, there would be no one because of COVID. Haha!

Today's episodes were nice, we got a bit of progress with Dr. Shao/Keyao and also Wenbo/Xiao Xia. The misunderstanding between Mi Ka and Kelei was quickly cleared up, neither one of them ignored each other too. They still talked even though they were feeling frustrated. It feels so nice to watch a couple that actually communicates in dramaland for once! 

Li Nian is, again, the star of today's episodes. He told Xiao Xia that Wenbo really likes her but because of Lu Feng, he's afraid to say anything to Xiao Xia. There's only ten episodes left, when are you going to stop and tell her yourself, Wenbo?! :heiboi:

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Li Nian is, again, the star of today's episodes. He told Xiao Xia that Wenbo really likes her but because of Lu Feng, he's afraid to say anything to Xiao Xia. There's only ten episodes left, when are you going to stop and tell her yourself, Wenbo?! :heiboi:

well i like it after LiNian told Xia and then Xia went tearing into Wenbo that she isnt a 'thing' to be given out on a whim, she is a person with a though of her own and she has the right to choose who she felt is the right one for herself....

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Xing Kelei is so loved by the people around him. I was thinking that if I was ever in the hospital, I wonder who would actually come. Of course right now, there would be no one because of COVID. Haha!

not only KeLei, they were also concern about Mika too....i felt that Mika and KeLei is very much well love from those around them.....and honestly as much as KeLei love to push KeYao's buttons on occasion, he listen to her and cool it off....and the main issue KeLei has with Mika when Wenbo came on him is that Mika went tilly tally which she didnt do....luckily they were talking about it...and KeLei tried to push his pride aside for a bit and encourage Wenbo to be better and that he is not beneath him in any sense at all....

then only did KeLei realize his mistakes....that Mika had never went tilly tally at all at any rate.....this will really make the trust in between the couple more firm as this week, we gonna see the girl that had been crushing on KeLei appeared, in the book we also have this two sisters, however it was the younger sister that is trying to create the trouble.....while in the drama it seems to be the elder sister....

though from the preview it seems like Mika (drama) is handling it alot better than the one in the book....

• Like 2

Previews for next week's episodes:

Wenbo doesn't confess until episode 36?! :shocked2:

I lied. He confesses around episode 33 and then he propose around episode 37. He's been traveling at zero for more than half of the drama and all of sudden he went straight from 0 to 60 in the span of four episodes. :laugh:

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I lied. He confesses around episode 33 and then he propose around episode 37. He's been traveling at zero for more than half of the drama and all of sudden he went straight from 0 to 60 in the span of four episodes. :laugh:

my mom had officially label him as a 'wood' and say it will be better if XiaoXia had went out with LuFeng instead, not to mention that LuFeng is much more better looking than Wenbo :x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

my mom had officially label him as a 'wood' and say it will be better if XiaoXia had went out with LuFeng instead, not to mention that LuFeng is much more better looking than Wenbo :x

Haha! Wood is a pretty fitting name for Wenbo. I'm glad that Xiao Xia confronted him at the gym -- why do you say you only want to be friends but go and do things friends normally wouldn't do?!

Lu Feng is much better looking? Hmm...but Shu Wenbo is so cute though? :smug:

484437eaba1123cf125cccc9dc6e778af56eb894

• Like 1
  • Haha 1