My Dear Guardian 亲爱的戎装 [2021]

9 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

currently the main reason im still enjoying the drama is just like you @abs-oluteM for Johnny, his presence as a Special Army Agent is good....his fight and move is as good....also the whole team too....

Yes yes...he looks good & believable in the role. Gonna watch ep 7 to 12 now on 1.5 speed! ahahaaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Mi Gu is so hopelessly in love with Zhou Ran that she's willing to risk everything. She is Xia Chu's best friend and knows about the history between Xia Chu and Zhou Ran. Regardless, she chose to listen to Zhou Ran when he asked her to swap out the meds. Mi Gu even said it herself that Xia Chu isn't suffering from insomnia that bad, but ignored that. One thing that will always bother me in dramaland (and in real life) is when someone gives another person that much power over them.

With Zhou Ran, I understand that he grew up in an environment where he had no choice but to become a puppet for that evil guy. I find it a little creepy that he's eavesdropping on the conversations inside Mu Ze's home. Can they find that recorder already? Such an invision of privacy!

I've mentioned it a few times but I really don't understand the random outbursts from Xia Chu. When she returned, knowing her friend did that to Mu Ze's meds, I don't know why that resulted in her wanting to move out. Is she not able to face her problems directly? I understand she felt offended when Mu Ze tested the meds without letting her know, but Mu Ze also told her he had no reasons to believe she would harm him. I really think that when she found out what her friend did, she should have apologize instead of getting upset and trying to storm out. Xia Chu has a hard time keeping her emotions together and to me, that's so dangerous as a doctor -- it's not always about you...?

Like @NiteWalker pointed out, Johnny is the best thing about this drama. Mu Ze has the most depth to him and I really enjoy watching the military aspect of his drama. The medical parts are a bit lackluster and I could do without. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
21 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I've mentioned it a few times but I really don't understand the random outbursts from Xia Chu. When she returned, knowing her friend did that to Mu Ze's meds, I don't know why that resulted in her wanting to move out. Is she not able to face her problems directly? I understand she felt offended when Mu Ze tested the meds without letting her know, but Mu Ze also told her he had no reasons to believe she would harm him. I really think that when she found out what her friend did, she should have apologize instead of getting upset and trying to storm out. Xia Chu has a hard time keeping her emotions together and to me, that's so dangerous as a doctor -- it's not always about you...?

i'm not sure about her outburst either....and to be honest i cant seems to get a grip why she burst out....

not to mention that MuZe wasnt confronting her with it...since he saw what happen...and he being train well alert on his surrounding found that his home had kind of being invaded and proceeded to put a hidden camera so that he can monitor his home....

...i mean you're a doctor and you're suppose to be kinda well train in parts of this emergency situation from times to times....so its really hard....to predict about her reaction...and she is also being too emotionally entangle with her patients....she butted in, into things that she wasnt suppose to....

one thing when she went to get MuZe to rest....how she barrel it into him when he was fighting at the front line to sustain the barrier to barricade the flood water was a little out of line to be honest..when she did that i couldnt help but compare her to MiKa...i knew MiKa will do something about it too however i think she will went about it in a different way?

21 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Like @NiteWalker pointed out, Johnny is the best thing about this drama. Mu Ze has the most depth to him and I really enjoy watching the military aspect of his drama. The medical parts are a bit lackluster and I could do without. 

the military / the investigation aspect is what holding the drama on for me.....the medical or even the senior doctor of XiaChu's mentor ex is also pretty unprofessional in my eyes

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@NiteWalker @Tofu just finished eps 7 - I like the military bits . Particularly the flashbacks to LMZ & his buddy’s friendship .LMZ had attitude problems 8 years ago , that’s why he wasn’t made Captain. . His bestie called him out on it.  And LMZ’s growth has a lot to do with his bestie’s role in his life . That’s why it’s been hard to move on after his death .  LMZ does have character development, much better than the others . 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@NiteWalker @Tofu just finished eps 7 - I like the military bits . Particularly the flashbacks to LMZ & his buddy’s friendship .LMZ had attitude problems 8 years ago , that’s why he wasn’t made Captain. . His bestie called him out on it.  And LMZ’s growth has a lot to do with his bestie’s role in his life . That’s why it’s been hard to move on after his death .  LMZ does have character development, much better than the others . 

yes....the guy that passed away make an impact in his life and turn him over into someone that everyone can call out to....or look up....

even till now when he was at a cross road and he dwell deep into his thought, it was his bestie shadow that he imagine counselling him.....

• Like 2
2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

.i mean you're a doctor and you're suppose to be kinda well train in parts of this emergency situation from times to times....so its really hard....to predict about her reaction...and she is also being too emotionally entangle with her patients....she butted in, into things that she wasnt suppose to....

I have no problems with her passion for her job and how she strives to do her best for her patients. But she definitely lacks common sense or emotional intelligence at times. For example her assumption that LMZ would marry Xiao Jun's mum just because he looks after them is quite a shallow sort of thinking . As a child , I understand Xiao Jun thinking that way. But as an adult , she should not have agreed to buy the flowers no matter how desperate she wanted to treat XJ. And which doc would force you to see a psychiatrist when you're not ready . LOL Yes she may be a good doctor , but she has a long way to go with regards to dealing with patients. Perhaps that is her arc in this show. Anyhow she did realise she was wrong about the flowers in eps 8. I still don't like how the romance is constantly forced. But I will just have to go along with it since it is a big part of the show.

The writing for the female characters is an issue. Mi Gu is an awful friend...please don't let her end up with Prof Dr Zhang. I hope XJ's mum will have the love line here. ( She is about the only decent character) . His ex girl friend ( the cardio surgeon ) is also selfish. The other resident doc ( Xia Chu's rival) is also petty . Let's hope things get better in later episodes.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

LOL Yes she may be a good doctor , but she has a long way to go with regards to dealing with patients. Perhaps that is her arc in this show. Anyhow she did realise she was wrong about the flowers in eps 8. I still don't like how the romance is constantly forced. But I will just have to go along with it since it is a big part of the show.

well her passion for her job is a bonus, just not her approach... as a doctor she suppose to be able to draw a line what she should do and shouldnt....she wanted ppl to see her point of her most of the times just like the times when she was approaching MuZe after the operation for his teammate ....

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The writing for the female characters is an issue. Mi Gu is an awful friend...please don't let her end up with Prof Dr Zhang. I hope XJ's mum will have the love line here. ( She is about the only decent character) . His ex girl friend ( the cardio surgeon ) is also selfish. The other resident doc ( Xia Chu's rival) is also petty . Let's hope things get better in later episodes.

more than awful....MiGu has no loyalty for friendship from what i seen.....she only see her own loyalty to herself....and no one else....

well XiaChu's rival did get a bit better i think? i dunno...all the medical teams is a little loose....

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I liked eps 10-11. The flood rescue mission was pretty interesting. And overall the romance or the development of it felt a lot more organic. I like so much more when they just chat like two adults. LOL. In these episodes , I feel both actors have settled more into their roles , so the attraction is a lot more believable.

It is quite disturbing that Zhou Ran listens in to all their conversations at home but at least he hears that Xia Chu considers him as a ship that is long gone. Her feelings then are no longer valid now. But how come Mi Gu changed the sleeping pills that XC gave to LMZ? Why would she want to harm him or get XC into trouble? For now LMZ is not bringing this up, possibly because he wants to investigate into this further.

• Like 2

eps 12

This Liang Mu Ze is so terrible :lol:. Clearly he didn't want Xia Chu to move out, and for a moment I thought he might confess his honest feelings. But it turned out he needed a babysitter for his cousin who is returning from abroad. XC is always on the "losing end" here ...she was the one who needed space to think and to leave, and  LMZ is the one who's not going to be around. Cannot believe he is using custard buns to "bribe" her.

So the mystery of the switched pills was revealed. MiGu , silly woman , is being used by Zhou Ran. ZR asked her to do it on the pretext of wanting XC to have better sleep and not be addicted to sleeping pills. ZR definitely wanted to harm LMZ in some way since he knew the pills were for LMZ. But of course as discovered by LMZ, these were not the usual pills . Since it has now been discovered that they came about due to 3D tech, I should think that LMZ would find out very soon about ZR being the one who gave this to Mi Gu. XC's alarm bells should ring too once she finds out what these tranquillizers could potentially do.

• Haha 2

On 6/5/2021 at 2:06 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I liked eps 10-11. The flood rescue mission was pretty interesting. And overall the romance or the development of it felt a lot more organic. I like so much more when they just chat like two adults. LOL. In these episodes , I feel both actors have settled more into their roles , so the attraction is a lot more believable.

the flood is very real like....and also how the soldier fight to sustain the barricade.....the talk in between XiaChu and MuZe is more real like 2 adults that we can believe in which i totally agree with you

On 6/5/2021 at 2:06 PM, abs-oluteM said:

It is quite disturbing that Zhou Ran listens in to all their conversations at home but at least he hears that Xia Chu considers him as a ship that is long gone. Her feelings then are no longer valid now. But how come Mi Gu changed the sleeping pills that XC gave to LMZ? Why would she want to harm him or get XC into trouble? For now LMZ is not bringing this up, possibly because he wants to investigate into this further.

yes i didnt like the peeping tom either....it was bad....that is a rape to privacy....and i think he will hear that MuZe also no had a camera installed to check on what happen inside his home and i thank God that MuZe is alert on this....he wont know where the camera is unless he went into the home again to check on it.....

i hope they check the cat's ribbon soon!!!.....

MiGu...i dont know what to say about her....she believe in ZhouRan cause he told her that the medicine wont cause much of an issues however to change one person medicine without telling another that is criminal and you can be sue regardless whether the medicine is harmful or not....

MuZe is not believing that ZhouRan is innocent and he is having ppl investigating him....and honestly ZhouRan hate on MuZe is very misplace......MuZe is not letting this up and he is smelling that there is something more to it.....however he is smart enough not to let XiaChu knows too much...she chatter too much and doesnt take note of 'P&C' and MuZe is right about her....she is too naive

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hehe looks like u ladies following MDG too eh... 

Hi everyone. I m really loving this. Both leads have sizzling chemistry esp ep 9, 10 n 11. Love love all their scenes together. Wish there is more. I think he really likes her already even in episode 5. When he send her to the airport. Don u ladies just love how natural he asked her if she has enough money. I never watched Johnny but I think he nails the LMZ characters. Stern, quiet, discipline military man (his low steady voice suits the character) yet kind but with a chauvinist streak (the way he order her around yet cares a lot about her n his comrade family) haha... N boy he is so well built. I m famgirling. Not the overly bulky gymer which can stocky but tall n has enough bulk yet deft n slith. N his eyes really express his care for her. Li qin is really pretty n bubbly.. She looks luke bai lu here. At first i find her too loud/noisy esp muze is do quiet but i m getting use to it. But I seriously hope the script doesnt make her into a stupidly naive gal that put ppl at harm. For now I love this couple more than YAMH. Don throw me rotten tomatos. Hehe... 

But for now i m clenching my teeth over MiGu n ZR. Zr no doubt the antagonist but Mg goodness i hv never see a woman in c drama that dizzy stupid. Changing ur friend medication n carrying that gun obviously planted ny ZR over a guy she bumped into st the airport. Aikkjsss... I hv to stop myself from ranting about her. 

N that eavesdropping really creep me up. On the cat now somemore. Both muze n xc loves that cat n it felt like a timebomb. Sooo disturbing. I just hope he hears how they fell in love. That would drive him crazy. Now he is using the mafia head to rid muze out of country. I really finds him creepy this ZR. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 6/5/2021 at 11:50 AM, themarchioness said:

I loved when LMZ called XC, “Da Miao.” Haha that was cute! (He’s got a pet name for her! Just be together already.) 

Also, Er Miao is the best. :eeeee:

They felt very couple d in ep  11. Ep 12 he send her to work n was about to pick her up from work. Love that cat. So cute. Da miao n er miao. She called him braised egg too. Lu tan. So sweet. 

When do u ladies think he has fallen for her? Ep 9 when he says he will never ley himself miss n regret. He was looking intensely at her. The air was literally sizzling. Haha.. Great chemistry. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 6/4/2021 at 1:09 PM, Tofu said:

With Zhou Ran, I understand that he grew up in an environment where he had no choice but to become a puppet for that evil guy. I find it a little creepy that he's eavesdropping on the conversations inside Mu Ze's home. Can they find that recorder already? Such an invision of privacy!

Please find that damn recorder asap. So unsettling to watch it. Yes creepy. 

I felt she is very confused. She did tell him it is not about being angry at him..she already know who did it. She needs to think. Her best friend changes her med n she was instructed by her ex. N she almost cause harm to muze. I guess it is rather hard to digest.

But I agree she is not calm. Her action in isaiah, her ordering flowers for the kid, her wanting to move out, her rushing to the make shift dam. N now her choice to trust zr is making Xc too naive to point of immature. 

Agree. But i think XC met zr when she was 18. That makes her most 26..while lmz was already a soldier 8 years ago n including schooling training n his buddy being married n almost becoming a father, lmz n his buddy must be 23 to 24 at that time. So he would be 30 to 32 at least n with msny many mission n International trainings must his belt. So maybe it is meant to be he is a more mature character. I guess. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Helllooo @SnT  nice to see you watch this too. I was initially not so hot about the romance because felt so forced with the overuse of tropes . But I think from eps 10 , when they were together at the floods, I found myself warming up to it. I think he already had interest in her when he started lip reading. Can't remember episode number , but I felt that it was an indication of jealousy that she would be talking to another guy.

@NiteWalker Oooo I will watch tomorrow . So now they are just releasing one eps a day? What???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just finished watching Ep 13 and...

Spoiler

Are they going to pair the cousin with his best friend??!  I don't know how I feel about that.  She's kind of crazy.  

Hopefully Ep 14 (which I'll watch later today, for sure) will have more OTP interactions.

• Like 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@SnT -- You're so funny! I think You Are My Hero's portrayal of a doctor/officer relationship is different than My Dear Guardian. Initially, I thought they were going to be similar and had thoughts of comparing them, but as I continue watching, those thoughts went away almost instantly. 

@NiteWalker and @SnT -- Yes! I agreed with both of you on your comments regarding Mi Gu. I can't understand why she would destroy her relationships based on what a guy she bumped at the airport says. I have never been infatuated with anyone like that before in my life, so maybe I lack some understanding there too. :idk:

2 hours ago, SnT said:

But I agree she is not calm. Her action in isaiah, her ordering flowers for the kid, her wanting to move out, her rushing to the make shift dam. N now her choice to trust zr is making Xc too naive to point of immature. 

I think Xia Chu needs to slow down and think things through before she acts on them. I'm sure she has good intentions for all the things she does, but she's coming off as a bit childish because there's a lack of understanding before she carries out her plans. 

Liang Mu Ze, to me, is the core of this drama. He is so interesting to watch because I don't know what to expect from him. I never thought I would enjoy Johnny like this because I don't know if I've finished a drama of his in full before (don't hurt me, @abs-oluteM haha!). He should pick more roles like this!

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

So now they are just releasing one eps a day? What???? 

Still at two episodes a day, Tuesday-Thursday. At least I see that iQIYI has posted through episode 14 today. 

@themarchioness -- :lol:!! I haven't watched the episode, but look at the photo with the best friend. If she shows up in his eyes (in the poster), she'll be paired up with him. 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Still at two episodes a day, Tuesday-Thursday. At least I see that iQIYI has posted through episode 14 today. 

@themarchioness -- :lol:!! I haven't watched the episode, but look at the photo with the best friend. If she shows up in his eyes (in the poster), she'll be paired up with him. 

For iQiyi viewers who don't have a paid subscription, it looks like they're releasing one episode a day.  That might be what @abs-oluteM is referring to. 

And LOL @Tofu without looking at any posters, I assume that is the end pairing, especially from their initial interactions in Episode 11.  But still.  I'm sure the cousin will calm down and that'll be part of her character development, but right now...  Wow.  LOL.  That's all I'll say until others have watched.

• Like 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

@SnT -- You're so funny! I think You Are My Hero's portrayal of a doctor/officer relationship is different than My Dear Guardian. Initially, I thought they were going to be similar and had thoughts of comparing them, but as I continue watching, those thoughts went away almost instantly. 

I like both leads in yamh. But somehow when they r put tigether i feel a little odd. Maybe mika looks older than xkl. I mean he looks cutish n fair while she is rather unkempt w that hairstyle. Guess they din makes my heart goes thumpinhlg. Haha

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

@NiteWalker and @SnT

Liang Mu Ze, to me, is the core of this drama. He is so interesting to watch because I don't know what to expect from him. I never thought I would enjoy Johnny like this because I don't know if I've finished a drama of his in full before (don't hurt me, @abs-oluteM haha!). He should pick more roles like this!

Yes i hv never really watch  any if his drama. But his portrayal of LMZ is really good. 

Hope the show has a good ending. Heard the book is a good ending w them married n have a son. The ending songs have a scene his parents crying, she did heart resusitation on him n her sitting there crying worries me. Lol. 

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Yes two ep. I find it too slow though esp ep 13 n 14 is more on the case n actions n i think coming ep too. I mean it is so nice the combat. But i need more sugar from our lead. So far from calender iin my dramalist there is no flash release. So it will be no binge watching unless i kiv till few more weeks. Sigh. 

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

The cousin screeching is so annoying n i can feel my ears ringing every time i think of her. 

• Clapping Hands 2
24 minutes ago, SnT said:

The cousin screeching is so annoying n i can feel my ears ringing every time i think of her. 

She's supposed to have ADHD.  Not be a screaming banshee!  I really hope the screaming stops -- and soon.  It's ear splitting.

But in terms of other comments for Ep 14....

THE FINGER TO THE LIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :PsyWhat:  It sent me up in flames!!!!  I need more scenes like that!

Also, MG needs to trust her instincts.  He was willing to dump the gun in her purse.  Sure, he says that if she got in trouble, he'd step in to help.  But he was willing to place that risk on her in the first place.  That says something!  He is a character not to be trusted.  And really, as all of you have already said, it's never made sense anyway how she became so enraptured by him just from that one run in at the airport.  In addition to that, shouldn't she also have questions once she heard from XC that he just up and disappeared one day?  It's all so very bizarre, and I just hope this latest incident causes her to think twice.  I'm not holding my breath as I fear she'll just "follow her heart" again, and I'll be banging my head against her stupidity if and when she does.

Rooting for the other doctor and Xiao Jun's mom!  

And definitely rooting for more scenes between LMZ and XC tomorrow.  You can tell how he's really loathe to go away for work right now, especially after ZR's comment at the hospital.

P.S. Is anyone else bothered by the bad guys' hair?  I hate them all.  ZR.  The guy next to him.  It's like the baddies all shop at Terrible Wigs R' Us.  :P  

• Haha 2

My Fanfics