[K-Drama] Do You Like Brahms?

stroppyse

Are you watching 'Do You Like Brahms?' We are, and we love it! @Janeand @mademoiselle discuss this drama before finale week as part of our Do You Like Brahms? Festival! They talk about some of their favorite scenes and what they're hoping to see in the finale. Post your comments here or in the drama thread to let us know if you agree with their faves and predictions, or if you have others! Counting down to the final episodes...

Facilitated by @stroppyse.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Star Struck 3
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Party! 1
  • Tasty 2
12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Are you watching 'Do You Like Brahms?' We are, and we love it! @Janeand @mademoiselle discuss this drama before finale week as part of our Do You Like Brahms? Festival! They talk about some of their favorite scenes and what they're hoping to see in the finale. Post your comments here or in the drama thread to let us know if you agree with their faves and predictions, or if you have others! Counting down to the final episodes...

hahhaa u guys make me wanna watch again....though im holding in till the angst parts is over first lols so i can bing thru that lols

Candy.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Party! 1

Thank you @stroppyse for moderating and editing this super quickly! Kind of nervous to listen to myself, haha!

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

hahhaa u guys make me wanna watch again....though im holding in till the angst parts is over first lols so i can bing thru that lols

Come experience the angst with us! :jinbtscry: Just three days only, pretty please? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

25 minutes ago, Jane said:

Thank you @stroppyse for moderating and editing this super quickly! Kind of nervous to listen to myself, haha!

Come experience the angst with us! :jinbtscry: Just three days only, pretty please? 

noooo.....

u know when i listen to you @Jane u remind me a lil of @abs-oluteM

and i share you sentiment of listening to your own voice....i was pretty nervous too and i believe i stammer a lil hahahhaa

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

Just sign up to say I love the podcast. :smile:

For me, I think the problem is not the writing but the editing. Some scenes felt random or out of place, in short transition wasn't as smooth as I liked. I do agree that most of the side characters were not properly showcased to make us understand some of their actions or motivations more clearly. The focus became Jung Kyung and the professors. I guess this is to frame our OTP's story better.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Aw good job @Jane and @mademoiselle and @stroppyse - Your insights were really good and well articulated.

29 minutes ago, cherrhys88 said:

I do agree that most of the side characters were not properly showcased to make us understand some of their actions or motivations more clearly. The focus became Jung Kyung and the professors. I guess this is to frame our OTP's story better.

I agree with all of you. The side characters were under utilised for the professors and their war. It felt like we only got to know the side characters very superficially (eg. MS is SA's friend. She like DY and is upset when anything threatens that. The End. :poliWeird: We don't know much about her aspirations or her life. There's nothing to scratch below the the surface. You could also have that with HH, though at least we see that he is applying for musical opportunities in NY and comes from a working class family). 

I'm ok with the practical route of the story though. I think it's different for everyone's preferences and expectations of the dramas, so totally get people who wanted to see SA's dream being realised. For me, there are too many dramas that bend over backwards to have the main characters succeed in their dreams. It's kind of nice to look at the journey of an average person searching for their path and finding their strengths, even if it's different to what they wanted in the first place. Kind of realistic since I think a lot of people dream about becoming artists or actors or firefighters as kids, but not everyone gets to go the way they want even if they put in the hard work...but most people are not devastated about it either. You'll survive and find new joys and interests and maybe that's a good message to spread too :BulbaOWO:

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

19 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

u know when i listen to you @Jane u remind me a lil of @abs-oluteM

Haha really? I definitely don't have her beautiful singing voice though :MewGiggle:

6 hours ago, cherrhys88 said:

Just sign up to say I love the podcast.

:MewHi: Hello! Welcome to the asylum that is Jang Haven! So happy to have you here with us.

5 hours ago, JenL said:

The side characters were under utilised for the professors and their war.

Now that you point this out, I realise how much more screen time the professors got! Even the petty conflicts between the two senior women professors served JK's storyline more than it did SA and JY. :GengarPout:

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Jane said:

Now that you point this out, I realise how much more screen time the professors got! Even the petty conflicts between the two senior women professors served JK's storyline more than it did SA and JY. :GengarPout:

I agree! The felt like all 3 professors got too much air time, but were all villains and all linked to JK meddling with SA & JY :HaunterOK:

• Like 8

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

sing to me and i tell u

hahahaha.... 

One day in the karaoke channel....

23 minutes ago, bairama said:

Omo just hear your voices @Jane @mademoiselle LOVE IT feels so much closer even we are so virtual and far away

Aww, Bai. Thank you! I miss your singing, quickly get better soon so you can belt out some songs in the karaoke channel!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

22 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

@abs-oluteM i want a duet between u and @Jane hehehe

Can ...we will schedule another one again @Jane. It was fun singing together the last time. @stroppyse is planning to arrange one

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I think the Podcasts are a wonderful idea. It's lovely to hear your voices haha.

@Jane sounds as I imagined, Singaporean accent and all ❤

@mademoiselle your voice is a surprise! I don't know why but I thought you would sound more "gossipy" (no offence, chatty in a good way) but you sound "cultured" instead LOL. Don't kill me! ❤

Edited by Chocolate
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1