Mouse 마우스 [2021]

1. Why Ba Reum's friend flinch when he saw the doctor's glare. His friend is an inspiring director so he is would study this kind of stuff. So he is intimidated cause he knows who is a psychopath.

2. Could the doctor be one of Head Hunter's fanclub members? He could be the side man for Head Hunter to find his son.

• Like 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@Darkarcana there are so many potentials that it's hard to figure out who is actually doing what. 

Spoiler

I was thinking last night too that maybe Oh BongYi is the little girl in the first murder scene whose dad had a car accident and she witnesses the woman being murdered?

I still don't know how she fits in the picture.

Also, I wonder how the priest falls into the picture as well. I suspect there is more than meets the eye with him. We haven't seen any scenes of the two brothers together - the cop and the priest.. I wonder what their relationship is like.

I also am not convinced that the doctor is Han Seo Joon's son. He could be the other woman's...

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@Mouse

Spoiler

I see the doc as a follower of head Hunter. A fan club member perhaps that looks up to Head Hunter. I figure if Ba Reum is the real son, Doc could be the eyes for Headhunter and he will be there to ‘help’ in activating Ba Reum’ s genes. Though at this point, we don’t have proof that Ba Reum has activated already or not. So...it would be hella cool if the doc can drive Ba Reum transforming him into a psychopath. (This theory accompanied the scene with the shot of syringe and the background is possibly Ba Reum in the hospital bed.) The doctor can be that genius who creates a drug that activates the genes.

@Tothestars have you watched it? If so what do you think? We don’t serve mices here lol. Please don’t be scared! Ms Mice and my PR Mouse is here to chat about theories!:SquirtleOK: @Warm Pawsyou too! Let’s chat more! Theories!

• Like 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@Darkarcana

Spoiler

I know this drama is meant to be filled with mis-direction and I suspect that the doctor is a misdirection. I am not sure what his role is yet. The drama synopsis says Ba Reum comes face-to-face with the killer and the encounter changes his life forever. So that gives me the impression that the encounter is what triggers something in him rather than an item. It doesn't say, however, what change occurs in him - good or bad? 

I wonder too, the drama says that psychopaths have a trigger. They start with something small - killing an animal or their first murder and then it awakens a desire in them to keep killing. Since the psychopath and genius genes are identical, does it mean that something also triggers/awakens the genius in a person?

Whatever the case, all these characters have had something bad/traumatic happen to them and we know trauma can affect people in different ways. Some repeat the trauma they've received so one of the seemingly good characters could actually be evil.

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

@Darkarcana that's why I am not sure about Ba Reum yet.. because I don't know who he really is at this point. We don't even have his background and we don't know where he lives or who he lives with. We always just see him at work. And what is his obsession with animals? Is he really taking care of them? How do we know he didn't harm them and then helped them after? Suspicious.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mouse said:

@Darkarcana that's why I am not sure about Ba Reum yet.. because I don't know who he really is at this point. We don't even have his background and we don't know where he lives or who he lives with. We always just see him at work. And what is his obsession with animals? Is he really taking care of them? How do we know he didn't harm them and then helped them after? Suspicious.....

You know....

Spoiler

I saw a Twitter post that said that Ba Reum seems to also know Anatomy based on the bird & grandma..and how the bird got a broken leg(which that user states that in an accident, bird won’t break their legs?) it feels like the user is telling me Ba Reum purposefully broke the leg without saying out loud..and it’s for the purpose of the first meet up with KMC

- Sushilicious (me on MDL)

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@Darkarcana that's why I think it's strange..

Spoiler

and think too that he was supposedly the one who "forgot the thread" for their magic show.. how do we know he didn't do it on purpose considering that just before that, Han Seo Joon was asking for a needle and thread....

By the way, are we going to keep talking in Spoiler tag? LOLOL I guess we have no choice bec we don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Mouse said:

By the way, are we going to keep talking in Spoiler tag? LOLOL I guess we have no choice bec we don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it.

• I think, normal convo is allowed without spoilers but anything with spoiler will be placed in spoiler tag. :wow:

Twitter post

Spoiler

• Like 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

42 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

@Mouse

Reveal hidden contents

I see the doc as a follower of head Hunter. A fan club member perhaps that looks up to Head Hunter. I figure if Ba Reum is the real son, Doc could be the eyes for Headhunter and he will be there to ‘help’ in activating Ba Reum’ s genes. Though at this point, we don’t have proof that Ba Reum has activated already or not. So...it would be hella cool if the doc can drive Ba Reum transforming him into a psychopath. (This theory accompanied the scene with the shot of syringe and the background is possibly Ba Reum in the hospital bed.) The doctor can be that genius who creates a drug that activates the genes.

@Tothestars have you watched it? If so what do you think? We don’t serve mices here lol. Please don’t be scared! Ms Mice and my PR Mouse is here to chat about theories!:SquirtleOK: @Warm Pawsyou too! Let’s chat more! Theories!

I just watched first couple minutes, right when the family arrived in the closed camping. And then one man start attacked them. Seriously i was so scared! I shouldnt watched it at night, should in daylight, i am such a coward lol. 

The idea of early termination of physcho's gen from the unborn really terrifying me geez... And thx God there is 1% explained that genius and psycho has the same gen/dna. Other wise they will approve it right the way! Scary!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Hi everyone! 

First off, I just realized that I haven’t thanked @Darkarcana yet for inviting me to this thread! Thank you so much! 🙌

I’m really excited to read about everyone’s observations and theories. Our household has decided to only watch shows that have released all episodes, only detracting from that rule for only a handful of shows, and I’m glad that Mouse is our new one. Though there have been shows that I’ve read theories of with each episode release, this will be my first time actually partaking, so I’ll be in your care! 

With that out of the way, here are some of my notes for the first two episodes:

Spoiler

Gene Grey

The 1% number has been floating around since the teasers. It was mentioned in two different ways in the first episode - top 1% and 1% accuracy.

Dr. Lee kept comparing the top 1% of psychopaths to widely known killers, so does this assume that top 1% means ‘intensity’ or how bad or dangerous a person the psychopath can be, and not of ‘probability’ of becoming one, like the percentage of how likely you’ll be a psychopath if you are found with the gene? 

Then they also mentioned that the test has 99% accuracy, with the remaining 1% caused by the similarity between the psychopath gene and genius gene. I have no background in science, but I thought this was kinda off. I thought that being a psychopath is more of a behavior or ‘way of thinking’, and being a genius is related to intelligence or ‘ability to think’. So you can be a psychopath killer, but completely sloppy and stupid, but you can also be both a psychopath and a genius. (I also did a quick Google search to double check) I’m also thinking that being a psychopath doesn’t automatically mean ‘killer’, like you can be a psychopath but with a different obsession - like math and physics. 

Anyway. I’ll try to set aside external references on what a psychopath or a genius is, and just follow the rules set by the show. 

They’ve given us their ‘baseline’ for what being a psychopath is through the character of Dr. Han Seo-Joon (HSJ) and what Dr. Daniel Lee says. Someone that has no emotion and only loves themselves - but can completely appear as normal, have a wife and future family and all, so they may not have emotion, but they can totally fake it.

Suspicious looks and Killer eyes

Han Seo-Joon mentions that he can tell just by the eyes if they’re a psychopath or a normal person. A lot of suspicious looks were given by different people, but especially by JBR, HSJ and the young doctor to each other. I think regardless of who is who in their childhood, and even who they are today, we know that JBR is a carrier of the gene.

JBR said that HSJ ‘looks just like us’ which is suspicious. When they opened the box during the magic show, HSJ didn’t look that surprised and he could have been more interested in JBR’s reaction to the scene. Upon seeing HSJ up close, JBR must have learned what the eyes of a psychopath is, that’s why he got really spooked by Sung Yo-Han (the young doctor - SYH) enough to even search for him online. 

Another thing about the ‘Killer eyes’ is that HSJ said that Go Mu-Chi (GMC) doesn’t have it, and that is why his investigation will fail. This sets us up that GMC will really need JBR in the future (assuming of course that JBR is indeed a carrier of the psychopath gene, at this point he most likely is).

Oh Bong-Yi and the childhood killer

Like others have mentioned already, there is a chance that Oh Bong-Yi (OBY) is one of the siblings. The connection I saw was the trauma with the puppy and that she is living only with her grandma. If she was that girl though, she sure has changed a lot. She didn’t seem to care that much when Jae-Hoon (JH) was saying out loud that he is killing the fish and the dog. She was attentive though and has a good memory, enough to repeat JH’s words verbatim. 

But if she is in fact that girl, then JH can't be JBR.

The investigation

For me, the last two victims are misleading. The previous deaths in the same investigation were very methodical, and had the same MO. So it felt to me that the last two victims are a bit of a disservice (and inconsistent) if done by the same killer, so there might be multiple killers.

For the victim in the magic show, it will be the first time that the victim survived. Being able to set him up in a magic show means that he sort of had time to prepare, so why was he left alive? Also, he doesn’t give ‘the finger’ to the cross or any religious item. (maybe to the priest?) Two fingers were severed, and though they were found, they didn’t say how or where yet. So maybe they’ll show this next week.

For the girl, it’s also quite lame that he just drew a cross inside the roof of the mouth, when the other times, he went through the trouble of dragging the body just to get a view of a church’s cross. It's interesting though that she had the other guy's watch on her. 

I can't remember where the other guy (the police victim) was last seen, but when he was revealed, he was naked and didn't have the watch on him. Do note that SYH visited the prison, so there's a chance that he got the watch from HSJ, and was given the instructions for the last victim (the girl). The mysterious killer in the car said he was feeling weak, that's why he got lazy with the cross MO, or maybe because he was just forced/instructed to do so. I like that they put JBR in two different places with the two psychopaths which is really misleading.

Other notes

The killer’s car looks expensive. The Z-shaped headlights is a stand-out design. I thought at first it was a luxury car like a Lexus but a quick search of ‘z-shaped headlights’ led me to the Kia Cadenza, still a luxury car. So most likely this killer is the SYH. I don’t see JBR having this kind of car. (Dunno if Kia is their sponsor for the show, but regardless, I don't see JBR having any car actually) 

JBR seemed to have a low tolerance for blood or the grotesque as shown in one scene where he was throwing up. But when he saw the body with two severed fingers, he was sort of fine. He could be faking it, or maybe just a genuine concern for the person that nausea wasn't his initial reaction. 

Who is the child in yellow? Is he HSJ? I think the child is a girl IRL, but can certainly portray either. HSJ is the only character shown being obsessed with mice so far.

I liked the ending stare-down between JBR and SYH, with the kid narrating. We still don’t know which one of them was speaking. A nice touch.

I think this is the first time I’ve watched a show with the first episode not showing any of the main actors.

Anyway, hope this isn't too long. I already tried my best to keep it short, but at least it's already for two episodes, not just one. For now, I'll have faith on the writers and directors that everything shown on screen is intentional - actual clues or red herrings - and there are no plot holes. From the first two episodes, the writing is 99% great, we'll have to wait till the show is finished if it has the 1% genius.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Warm Paws we always welcome people here to chat! So welcome! I like your Theory! We will be in this for a good 9 weeks! In here, we will explore more theories! For me, I like to mix theory with logic, so as the time goes by when we have more stuff I will answer your theories with other theories to try to figure out what will happen next. (I will probably be more crazier about it as we head deeper, so don’t mind me being that crazy high! Im foreshadowing I will be like Moo Chi! Hahahaha)

though people genuinely don’t want BR to be bad..but a little bit of me love to see him go wild a little. That said I’m quite okay with him not being a killer, it’s almost like a + to me, but if there isn’t it’s fine. That said..if he does have the gene officially, that I’m very happy. I want him to have it, because I want him to break out into his natural self from time to time losing control of his urges! It makes him feel good, it makes me feel good too!

yay!

• Like 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Big chunk of theory

There is a lot, you can go in there to read. It’s interesting!

@Warm Paws @Mouse from sources like CJen, we know that BR will change due to an accident. It should be the one he got ran over by the car. Then from there he will change but by what @Mousestated before we don’t know if it’s good or bad. It is also stated that he would lost his memories and have the capabilities of understanding the murderer’s intention. That said, if he lost his memories he might be seriously hiding something under that kind smile. Then he himself and us will have no idea who he truly is until the very end. As he acts as the ‘good guy’ who lost his memories while trying to find the killer.

this is before CJen re-edited it

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

@Darkarcana who is CG?

1 hour ago, Darkarcana said:

It is also stated that he would lost his memories and have the capabilities of understanding the murderer’s intention. That said, if he lost his memories he might be seriously hiding something under that kind smile. Then he himself and us will have no idea who he truly is until the very end. As he acts as the ‘good guy’ who lost his memories while trying to find the killer.

For some reason, I thought of this from before. Like JBR will be tracing his own steps not knowing it was his all along. But I dismissed it after I read through the earlier posts here. I didn't pay attention too much to the back stories given though, should I reread or just wait to see what happens? Hmm.

• Like 3