Mouse 마우스 [2021]

1 hour ago, Darkarcana said:

:Party01:1DAY 8 HOURS 48 MINUTES  54 seconds :Party02: before next episode!!!!

Woohoo! Exciting! Curious though, where do you guys watch? I think you @Darkarcana also mentioned you watch without subs first? 

@Mouse Right now, my main theory is based on my understanding of the facts and clues presented so far (JBR =/= HH's son) but it isn't necessarily the only one I want to see happen. It'll also be interesting to see GMC grow close with JBR, then he learns that JBR is in fact HH's son. My problem with this is that, I feel like that story has been told somewhere already, so they might go for something else.

I do have some general things on my mind:

I'm watching on Viki, and basing my questions on their subs. It was mentioned in episode 1 that HH was sentenced to death and his execution was the final decision of the court. That was back in 1995, and he's still just chilling there 25 years after? Funny though, I did a quick research while writing this and average death-row inmates do spend 20+ years between sentence and execution. I am shocked.

The discussion for the bill that concerns the psychopath gene test was also back in 1995. I wonder what ever happened to it. If passed, surely the effects could be felt already in the present time.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1
43 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Woohoo! Exciting! Curious though, where do you guys watch? I think you @Darkarcana also mentioned you watch without subs first? 

Yes, I would catch it live first then the very next day I will rewatch for subs. Hahah 

For me, is viu. :)

There will always be a reason why he is still there (in terms of story wise) I believe that he will be able to assist the team. Helping out to push out theories of why the murderer would do what he is doing via Head Hunter’s perceptions. Since Ba Reum have met Headhunter, definitely they will meet again under some circumstances. So he must be alive throughout. EP 1 already prove HH’s worth, do they won’t just write him off that easy haha

I can’t wait for the day we see Ba Reum chasing after someone and he gets ran over. I really need to know what happens after haha

Hi! @Seung-Min! I see that you have visited this thread! Do drop by and comment if you have any theories! Your discussion will be greatly appreciated!:SquirtleOK:

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

The discussion for the bill that concerns the psychopath gene test was also back in 1995. I wonder what ever happened to it. If passed, surely the effects could be felt already in the present time.

Hi @Warm Paws @Darkarcana and Mouse theorists here 👐, been lurking though I can’t really catch up with all the posts that’s why I am hesitant to give my two cents but since you mentioned about the bill that wasn’t passed and I am not sure if this has been shared already, I am curious about the role of Politics when Dr. Daniel handed documents to a government owned vehicle. 

spacer.png

I remembered watching a documentary in Netflix  entitled, “The Three Identical Strangers” which was about triplets separated after birth and were subjected to a classified research involving the Psychological effects if twins are separated from each other and how nature and nurture will make a difference in their behavior and over-all well being. 

So I was thinking if Mouse scriptwriters wanted to show this kind of government conspiracy. Did the government officials which belong to the majority group who wants forced abortion for those fetus identified with psychopath genes created a team that will monitor the children whose parents decided to let them live? Did they allow killings of innocent lives (despite knowing the culprit after constant monitoring) just to gather solid evidence of why forced abortion bill should be passed? Do they want to have in-depth study on how the 1 percent or the genius gene which is very similar to psychopaths that Dr. Daniel can’t differentiate will be able to separate themselves from psychopaths? or do they want to prove that those who belong in this 1% (genius gene) has the capacity to become serial killers, create war and ruin many lives as well which will make them a threat to the peace of society and will also lead to the conclusion that regardless if the child belongs to 99% or 1 percent, as long as his DNA has possible psychopath genes, abortion should be enforced to prevent future crimes.

I will look forward to more episodes that will unfold how politics will create impact to the characters of the story.  

I am not sure if Bareum is related to the Head Hunter yet or Jae Hoon really killed his step-father or just a self defense and his innocent mind was just clouded by peoples judgement that’s why he thought, he is a killer? We are still in Episode 1 & 2 and like any investigations, anyone can be a suspect until the culprit is caught and proven guilty. 

Excited for tomorrow’s episode :laugh:

Edited by Seung-Min
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
54 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

@Seung-Min I think the law of abortion was never passed through due to one of the congressman who decided to disagree. That Congressman at that time also have a child. Maybe that’s why he objected. Anyways...yeah! Can’t wait for the next episode!

Yes, it did not pass because the Assembly Chairman’s wife called that day and told him that he is pregnant which influenced his decision. I only have this government conspiracy theory of government officials wanted to reconsider and sponsor this forced abortion bill in the future but this time, backed up with in-depth analysis after years of monitoring the children identified with psychopath genes.

Edited by Darkarcana
Please do not quote twitter and or images. Thank you!
  • Like 5

Not all psychopaths become violent or turn to crime. If they're raised in a good environment and with adequate therapy, they can learn how to curb their impulse and even become successful in their career. I'm not even talking about the "genius" type, but the psychopaths who use their traits to their advantage. So I think the debate on aborting a gene-carrying baby has another layer aside from preventing potential crimes; it's the personal and social responsibility to nurture psychopathic kids. 

• Like 7
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Darkarcana Waaah YH and friend both so handsome. It'll be easy to hunt if they're so good looking. :laugh:

Hahaha @Chocolate I did have to replay certain scenes to get my head around the timelines. It was something my brain just HAD to get it right the moment they go from 2000→ 5 years later (2005) → 10 years ago (1995) → 2005. :BulbaConfused: Seriously, testing my mathematics. LOLLLL.

The person strangling Jae Hoon is Han Seo Joon's wife. It was her voice and face. She was in Sky Castle too (and died rather quickly). Yoo Jae Myung left Vincenzo to cameo as a sniper in Times and then poof, he's gone again. I think we can assume she's probably just a cameo or will continue to appear in the story as flashbacks. Technically we also haven't seen her dead body. We just assume she dies because the story told us so and the body covered in white clothes look like it was two adults and one child.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

KT_s_logo.jpg?20190408-1

Lee Seung-gi says new TV thriller series 'Mouse' is his 'most unique' piece

Mar 3, 2021

F2lD3zM.png

By Lee Gyu-lee

Actor Lee Seung-gi said Wednesday that the upcoming thriller series "Mouse" was "the most unique work" he has ever participated in.

"I was shocked when I first read the script. It was different from any other pieces I've previously worked on," Lee said during the online press conference. "The way the series unfolds its message was much more vivid and intense (than previous works), so I decided to join the project."

The series, which will premiere on Wednesday at 10:30 p.m., revolves around a cat-and-mouse chase between a notorious psychopathic killer and two police officers ― a determined rookie cop, Jung Ba-reum (Lee Seung-gi), and a rowdy detective, Go Mu-chi (Lee Hee-jun).

One day, an unexpected event affects Ba-reum and Mu-chi while chasing after the killer, which "turns their lives upside down."

Director Choi Joon-bae explained that an actual psychopathic killer's statement led him and writer Choi Ran to write the plot of the series.

"There was this psychopathic killer. When he was asked if he felt any guilt about his crimes, he answered 'it's a bummer that I can't go out and enjoy cherry blossom season," the director said.

"The emotional gap between the victim, whose life was destroyed, and the killer, who is ignorant and makes a comment about cherry blossom season, enraged writer Choi … The series will show how the writer put that emotion into the story."

IZPgUUJ.png

The series' first episode has been rated R for the brutality of the murder scenes, making it Lee Seung-gi's first R-rated work in his 17-years acting career.

"The R-rating also makes this the most unique piece as it is my first one," he said. "Sometimes the thriller genre requires violent scenes… and those were needed to narrate the writer's message, so I'm thankful that the network decided to go with the rating level."

Lee added he is excited and curious to see audiences' reactions to his new "image," as he is mostly known as a witty, lighthearted guy through TV shows. "I'm excited to find out how the viewers who know me would see me as the character," he said.

Director Choi added: "The viewers may say it is brutal and scary, but at the same time, they will find themselves immersed in the series as they follow along with the story," he said.

Actor Lee Hee-joon plays vengeful detective Mu-chi who lost his parents to a serial killer when he was young. After surviving the crime alone, his life purpose becomes taking revenge on the killer.

He revealed that he hesitated to take the role. "When I first got the script, my role seemed very difficult. He has a lot of rage. I turned down the role at first," he said. "But when I heard that Seung-gi said he wouldn't do if I don't take the role, I decided to join. And I really appreciate that."

Source: https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/03/398_304940.html

• Like 3
2 hours ago, jeijei said:

Not all psychopaths become violent or turn to crime. If they're raised in a good environment and with adequate therapy, they can learn how to curb their impulse and even become successful in their career. I'm not even talking about the "genius" type, but the psychopaths who use their traits to their advantage. So I think the debate on aborting a gene-carrying baby has another layer aside from preventing potential crimes; it's the personal and social responsibility to nurture psychopathic kids. 

totally agree on this one.....I means if u know your kids have or carry those gene...then as a parents u guys should start nurturing him or her right to ensure that your kids doesn’t turn over ...who’s know like what u say these traits might turn them into someone that actually benefits the society as they think things thru might not be what we had think about or seen it thru

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've just re-watched episode 1.

Correction 1:

Jae-hoon's mother is HH's wife. It does look like her and also agree with the points brought up about her temperament and mindset vs the researcher's wife.

Correction 2:

This photo by TvN - 1988 - this is a photo of Dr Lee, his sister and HH before he killed her.

Ev9l2DHUYAAqm73?format=jpg&name=medium

Looking at this TvN photo, it suddenly occurred, WHAT IF, "2000, 2005 & Ba-reum" are the 3 people with the psychopath gene??? It was never shown that the boy who fed the mouse to the snake is Jae-hoon. It was assumed because of how the show was edited and the voiceover.

I considered too this synopsis on CJENM's website and this old character description of Ba-reum (it seems it has now been changed to be not so revealing):

"A psychopath’s ruthless serial murders have left the entire nation gripped with fear and chaos. A honest and justice-seeking rookie police officer and a veteran detective with tragic past, face against the killer. After the encounter with the psychopath, their lives totally change. The drama centers around the question of, “Would you give birth to the child knowing they were a psychopath?” 

Jung Ba-reum (Lee Seung-gi) - new description

He is a rookie detective who has always been living honestly. He is very kind and always has sense of justice. While chasing a criminal one day, he encounters something that changes his entire life.

Jung Ba-reum (Lee Seung-gi) - old description

He is a rookie detective who lost all of his memory after an accident. When he wakes up from the accident, he gets a special ability who can see and read killers’ thoughts and ways."

So my new theory:

1. Boy who fed mouse to snake

= Government official's son (reserve judgement here because I wonder why Daniel Lee and his sister's photo is included here). He is evil. The ending of episode 1 shows his young photo in the killer's house. I think this is the psychopath that Ba-reum was chasing when he met with the accident that changed his life.

2. Jae-Hoon

= HH's son = Yo-han

I think he is good. Even when young, he asked God for help. He has the gene but maybe he is trying to control it or he received therapy. I am not sure about him killing his step-family and why he says "he became a killer" but I will give him the benefit of doubt for now (need to re-watch episode 2). I think his case will answer the question in the synopsis exceptionally well because his father is a known serial killer - that we should not abort such a child - there is that 1% chance.

3. Ba-reum

= Reseacher's son

Will he be bad or good?

I will only get the subbed version tomorrow afternoon 😭

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

One of my original guesses was right!!! 😅🤣 Scratch the previous post then 😂

Major Spoiler (but old article so you may have already seen this?)

Spoiler

8ebd02e0262544c4a92017529e5e3292.jpeg?s=

“Mouse” Unveils Unsettling Sneak Peek Of Kim Kang Hoon As Younger Lee Seung Gi

Feb 28, 2021 by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Mouse” has shared a new glimpse of child star Kim Kang Hoon in character!

“Mouse” is a mystery thriller set in a world where humans can identify psychopaths through a DNA test on a fetus in a mother’s womb. Lee Seung Gi will star in the drama as Jung Ba Reum, an upstanding rookie police officer who is passionate about justice, while Lee Hee Joon will play Go Moo Chi, a hardened detective whose parents were murdered when he was young and is willing to resort to any means necessary to avenge their deaths.

Child actor Kim Kang Hoon, who is famous for his roles in many hit dramas including “Mr. Queen,” “When the Camellia Blooms,” “Start-Up,” “Hotel Del Luna,” “Mr. Sunshine,” and more, will be appearing in “Mouse” as the young Jung Ba Reum.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Kim Kang Hoon makes a haunting transformation into a young boy who is harboring a dark secret. Sporting an alarming number of scratches all over his face and dressed in stained, grubby clothing, the young Jung Ba Reum has a desperate, almost pleading look on his wounded face as he enters a church. After staring up at something above as if searching for answers from someone, he later closes his eyes in solemn prayer.

Kim Kang Hoon remarked, “It was a tremendous honor to be able to act together with such amazing and talented senior actors in ‘Mouse,’ a drama that has a new and very unique vibe. I hope that you will look forward to the first episode of ‘Mouse,’ which will shock viewers with a story that has never been seen before.”

The producers of “Mouse” praised Kim Kang Hoon’s acting and confidently declared, “Kim Kang Hoon’s acting performance in the first episode of ‘Mouse’ will draw viewers into the story and capture the attention of both their eyes and ears.”

Kim-Kang-Hoon.jpeg

Kim-Kang-Hoon-2.jpeg

Kim-Kang-Hoon-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456753wpp/mouse-unveils-unsettling-sneak-peek-of-kim-kang-hoon-as-younger-lee-seung-gi

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1