Mouse 마우스 [2021]

27 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hmm, there's no way we can isolate that 1% then, at least not until they grow up and exhibit killing tendencies? Perhaps this is what the drama is exploring?

Side note: Wasn't there a saying that there is a thin line between genius and madness. I can't help but apply this to genius vs psycho.

I agree, I think it’s less about percentages. I think it’s exploring the following:

- Nature vs. Nurture. Do our genes dictate the type of people we become or does our environment and upbringing. Are all with the gene predispositioned? Likewise do those that don’t have the gene mean they’ll never become one? 

- Choice - despite the gene and upbringing, can they choose the type of person they become 

- the effect of trauma - clearly there are victims and families of victims who have been affected. How does trauma change one’s behaviour and mental disposition 

- the line between Genius and Crazy - where is the tipping point? 

• Like 7

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

2 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

The Headhunter sees Jung Ba-Reum's potential tempts him to turn to the dark side -

I was wondering before if Yohan is like a club member that due to his genes he has a morbid fascination of killing. So he join HH’s club. Then in return, because of his exceptional loyalty, that’s why HH push him as his mentee. Tbh, when HSJ says “Find someone for me” it’s very unlikely for me to see that The scene refers to them being father and son. It’s just two episodes and we already know who the father and son is? It’s too early for that. So Ba Reum comes into picture, and that is when Yohan comes in to push Ba Reum to see if he is truly a psychopath. His eyes will be what HSJ will see. Then slowly, Yohan will assist Ba Reum and Seo Joon together to be the ultimate father and son. 

And I know @mademoisellestated that she doesn’t see the “He look like us” line as something weird too..but if you ask me, why on earth do Ba Reum think that the psychopath looks like an animal? Or something else? In his right mind, he should know that whoever is living In that prison is of cause a human lol. Unless he sees that monster in Seo Joon as an animal and so he sees himself as an animal internally as well.

welcome @stroppyse @joccu__@SilverMoonTea!

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

46 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I agree, I think it’s less about percentages. I think it’s exploring the following:

- Nature vs. Nurture. Do our genes dictate the type of people we become or does our environment and upbringing. Are all with the gene predispositioned? Likewise do those that don’t have the gene mean they’ll never become one? 

- Choice - despite the gene and upbringing, can they choose the type of person they become 

- the effect of trauma - clearly there are victims and families of victims who have been affected. How does trauma change one’s behaviour and mental disposition 

- the line between Genius and Crazy - where is the tipping point? 

I'll need more episodes to know the direction of the this drama, but I really hope this is another psychopath drama that explore this. I quite enjoy it when I was watching Hello Monster. The psychopaths in Hello Monster only kill when there's a trigger/reason and all other times, they are pretty "normal" human beings with decent occupation. It also explored the points that you mentioned, especially the first 2. Personally I don't like psychopath stories that kill without valid reasons and many dramas after Hello Monster hadn't been able to give me a good story so I hope Mouse can.

50 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

And I know @mademoisellestated that she doesn’t see the “He look like us” line as something weird too..but if you ask me, why on earth do Ba Reum think that the psychopath looks like an animal? Or something else? In his right mind, he should know that whoever is living In that prison is of cause a human lol. Unless he sees that monster in Seo Joon as an animal and so he sees himself as an animal internally as well.

Ehhh, perhaps I need to elaborate. If Ba Reum is a representative of the general public, when we are told "someone" is a psychopath, we would form this prejudice image or imagination of how this psychopath may look. Much like how a geek is always being portrayed in movies - tacky, bad hairstyle with thick glasses. Of course we know psychopath is human but the general public is likely to imagine them looking sinister or dodgy. However, that's not what Han Seo Joon look like to him because at that time Han Seo Joon looks absolutely normal, quietly sat there reading a book - looking rather intellectual than sinister/scary. From this perspective, that's what I meant by "He looks like us".

• Like 7

@mademoiselle I also hope Mouse does a good  job of exploring these topics bec otherwise it’s just a murder mystery. 

I also interpreted Ba Reum’s line to mean that he expected a serial killer to look different and was surprised that he looked “normal”. To be honest, even I was surprised to find out who the head hunter was and the fact that Prof Daniel didn’t see it either tells you something. And he’s the lead researcher of the gene study on psychopaths! 

• Like 6

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

22 minutes ago, Mouse said:

@mademoiselle I also hope Mouse does a good  job of exploring these topics bec otherwise it’s just a murder mystery. 

I also interpreted Ba Reum’s line to mean that he expected a serial killer to look different and was surprised that he looked “normal”. To be honest, even I was surprised to find out who the head hunter was and the fact that Prof Daniel didn’t see it either tells you something. And he’s the lead researcher of the gene study on psychopaths! 

He can only prove someone with the analytical information....I think? Honestly human nature wise, HH has been in relation with the doctor for a long time, so naturally Doc will not see anything off.

I can’t Shake off the eyes thing. Their eyes../gaze...all looks so......baseless/empty👀 why ah. Haha they have that dead look...the...smiling without their eyes thing omggg

• Like 5

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

14 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

hmmmm.....mother left with a choice to keep the children or to abort it...

however they are already advance in pregnancy....its not safe to abort it right?

Continue watching my New Mice member haha @Mouse PR Front will be here to assist you hahah...Author Zao Liao. Hahahaha

very true haha

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

5 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

True.

Hmmm but also, what if he literally just wants to practice like he said? 😆 He was adamant about getting his thread, so why miss the opportunity to practice on an actual person? 

True! But since he is a psycho. He could have just ignore the man still though. It's like the snowman. Why did he roll the snow to create the snowman? Because the trophies is in the snowballs.

So why did he decided to help? Because there is something. Yup haha

• Like 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

just my random ....

so now we know how all the kids are growing up to....

the two kids that survive....one is a priest one is a cop: the priest seems to be alot better? the cop should try to lead a better life....he seems to be quite a good cop as he notice things as well....things some ppl dont notice and pick up clues that might got left behinds...

father and son meet face to face.....

the killer sent a msg to the cop.......

what happen to the girl that lure the victim for the the Hunter?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

True! But since he is a psycho. He could have just ignore the man still though. It's like the snowman. Why did he roll the snow to create the snowman? Because the trophies is in the snowballs.

I feel like just wanting to pratice your suturing skills with no real concern what happened to and what will happen to the person, is a good way to show that he is indeed a psycho. 

Thanks btw to your hashtag recommendations. I'm sort of running through them now, and a lot more theories are formulating in my head. I guess this will be a pattern every week during the weekends. Can't wait for 99% of the theories and discussions to be shot down by the show writers in the first 5 mins of the next episode. 🤣and the top 1% of the 1% genius theories is a psychopath. wait wat? 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

and the top 1% of the 1% genius theories is a psychopath. wait wat? 😅

Cause Dr Daniel in his thick accent class told us that both the genius genes and the psycho genes are very similar to each other. So theory is one, could be genius and the other a psychopath...man why can't they be both hahah

Got to wait for next week haha @NiteWalker the addiction is real haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

2 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

Cause Dr Daniel in his thick accent class told us that both the genius genes and the psycho genes are very similar to each other. So theory is one, could be genius and the other a psychopath...man why can't they be both hahah

u know they are both? cause a psycho path can very well be a genius in killing and finding way to do it.....without being caught...

just look at how long the father did it without being caught at all till he kill the families, where the 2 kids escape...when u kill 1 person u can escape easily, however when you are killing 4 person against one it is not easy, not to mention he didnt really know the numbers of his victim to begin with....

he might just get too comfortable since he ha been killing for so many times and getting away from it without any issues.....

back to psycho and genius....lols i believe they are the same....u need to have some intelligence to get away from all these killing after all, when the son was tested, he has 160 IQ i remember

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

what happen to the girl that lure the victim for the the Hunter?

I (and some others) believe that the girl grew up to be Hong-Joo, the reporter that goes around with Go Moo-Chi (detective).

I'm also curious about that incident though. My belief is that she was genuinely asking for help, and her dad was really in the car crash. I think they just wanted the scene to intentionally look a bit misleading, and maybe due to (sorry) poor acting, that it looks like she was luring the victim. I think that will only work if the attacker was anyone else, but on Ep 2, it was mentioned that the attacker was the head-hunter, and I don't see him intentionally instructing a girl to lure his victims for him. Have to wait for ep 3. 😣

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

I (and some others) believe that the girl grew up to be Hong-Joo, the reporter that goes around with Go Moo-Chi (detective).

I'm also curious about that incident though. My belief is that she was genuinely asking for help, and her dad was really in the car crash. I think they just wanted the scene to intentionally look a bit misleading, and maybe due to (sorry) poor acting, that it looks like she was luring the victim. I think that will only work if the attacker was anyone else, but on Ep 2, it was mentioned that the attacker was the head-hunter, and I don't see him intentionally instructing a girl to lure his victims for him. Have to wait for ep 3. 😣

hmmmm...or did the head hunter actually settle the father and then hide in the car and went after the lady....

still will the head hunter left the lil girl alive?

he went after the kids and smash the elder brother to death before he run off as the police was coming....i believe if he had more times he would have make sure that the elder brother is dead and he will most probably recheck on the luggage bag again.....

• Like 4