Mouse 마우스 [2021]

Just now, Darkarcana said:

I love him in this role. Let me tell you something. Ahn Jae Wook and Lee Seung Gi worked before in a Netflix game show. In there. Seung Gi is that psychotic but elegant flower killer. While Jae Wook is the investigator. Oh I love Jae Wook’s reaction to Seung Gi. Here we are in 2021, Jae Wook being the killer and Seung Gi looking so innocent being an investigator. Hahaha they switch roles! I love it!:wow: not too sure if we can see that side of Seung Gi here...but I hope so!:wow2:

well i think it work either way...JaeWook is looking good to me...he is so calm and so normal you will never known for a fact that he is a psycho / serial killer in the first place....and his trigger is because his ex-gf / wife abort their baby?

i mean it make us wonder who we have next to us and do we really know them at all....imagine Hunter's wife, and her reaction when she knew that her husband has been the one killing ppl and chopping ppl head off....and those head are right in front in decorations!!

urgh...i never want to stay or go near that place at all....the eeriness that it will give you ...even just the though of it gave me goosebumps!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Mouse said:

@NiteWalker Same! I'm actually surprised she went back to the house! I would have not wanted to be anywhere near that place considering he stuffed the heads in the snowmen!! Who knows what else is lying around... CREEPY!

totally....maybe because we are looking from the outsides, however for the wife she is numb....

i mean someone who had been with her for a bit of times now....is a psychopath, a killer that killed because he felt they owe it to him in certain level or he is just seeking for retribution?

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

totally....maybe because we are looking from the outsides, however for the wife she is numb....

i mean someone who had been with her for a bit of times now....is a psychopath, a killer that killed because he felt they owe it to him in certain level or he is just seeking for retribution?

I actually think the opposite because as a wife, I would've felt totally blindsided, fooled, confused, ashamed, disgusted... And to think someone you are intimately familiar with is capable of such evil is just... hard to come to terms with.  I think it would have been more understandable if she stayed somewhere else and asked a friend to pack up her stuff or for her to get her things and leave right away. I also found it strange that she chose to came back to the house considering there were so many reporters outside. 

But anyway, it's neither here nor there. The real question is.. who's the psychopath!!!! :shocked:

• Like 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

25 minutes ago, Mouse said:

I actually think the opposite because as a wife, I would've felt totally blindsided, fooled, confused, ashamed, disgusted... And to think someone you are intimately familiar with is capable of such evil is just... hard to come to terms with.  I think it would have been more understandable if she stayed somewhere else and asked a friend to pack up her stuff or for her to get her things and leave right away. I also found it strange that she chose to came back to the house considering there were so many reporters outside. 

But anyway, it's neither here nor there. The real question is.. who's the psychopath!!!! :shocked:

hahaha yea...i mean numb is that because she didnt know how to feel, her mind kinda jam up....

so the eeriness definitely is felt by her when she went back into the house, even the friend is left numb, i mean he couldnt believe it that his best friend is a psychopath someone who killed just like that because his killer instinct was jolted alive by that abortion.....

he studied psychopath and he had one right besides him that went under the radar....

26 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

My main question is who is Ba Reum. That’s it. Lol:popcorn::laugh:

don't worry, we let you figure that out.... :cool:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, Darkarcana said:

Not too sure about it! Will have to see! Haha can't wait! Haha

hahaha oh well i think more likely as split personalities.....

its one a timid person another someone who border on a psychopath ....not too bad....so the aggressive sides of seunggi will also be bad?

and his romance partner is a high school kid that suppose to be good in martial arts?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think I need to re-watch. After reading all your thoughts, I am even more confused! 😂

My thoughts for now:

1.  What is the point of this story? Temporarily disregarding the 1% of 99% discussion, put simply - whether all the babies tested positive for the psychopath gene will grow up bad. 2 examples are provided - HH's son and the child of the good couple.

2.  On Asianwiki, the cast is shown as follows. Thus, it seems quite clear to me that Yo-han is HeadHunter's son. He carries his mother's surname "Sung".

Plus, when Mu-chi was in his teens, he went to HH's wife's flower shop to ask for money for his brother's surgery. This shows she is not Jae-hoon's mother, who died when he was still young.

PawsjDF.png

3.  Thus, I think Jae-hoon's mother is the good wife. Jae Hoon is an important character. The 2 mothers also seem the basis of the story.  It makes no sense that Jae-hoon's mother is someone else. Both mothers should be accounted for.

4.  Correspondingly, I think Ba-reum is Jae-hoon. Especially since he has dual personalities/schizophrenia? (more likely than 2 separate persons). HH has said he can recognise a killer from his eyes - thus his interest in Ba-reum. That look seems significant.

Spoiler

This I think hints that Jae-Hoon and Ba-reum are the same person. But it could also be read that they are HH's son. Hmmm...

Ev9l2DHUYAAqm73?format=jpg&name=medium

5.  Jae-hoon blamed God for not answering his prayer to not become a monster. So I thought the current murders with the finger pointing at the cross is a F.U. to God. But I am not sure about this as it is too early to tell if Ba-reum is good or bad now. I also agree that there could be another psychopath child as mentioned by @mademoiselle.

Kim-Kang-Hoon-3.jpeg

6.  Thus, this screenshot should be Ba-reum (left and dark) as the good/bad guy and Yo-han (right and bright) as the good guy. I think it would be too anti-climatic for HH's son to also be a killer. It would also provide an answer to the psychopath/genius and nature/nurture argument.

7579-C64-E-6-E76-4072-9906-F081-E09-B85-BA.jpg

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 3
49 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

2.  On Asianwiki, the cast is shown as follows. Thus, it seems quite clear to me that Yo-han is HeadHunter's son. He carries his mother's surname "Sung".

Plus, when Mu-chi was in his teens, he went to HH's wife's flower shop to ask for money for his brother's surgery. This shows she is not Jae-hoon's mother, who died when he was still young.

I'm sort of confused with this cause they sort of contradict each other. (Though my main theory right now is JH = YH = HH's son, and yours is YH = HH's son, JBR = JH =/= HH's son)

I still believe the timing is correct if HH's wife is JH's mom. Based on the timeline given above (which I believe are dates already stated in the actual show) Go Moo-chi is around 5 years old during the Snowman incident (year 1995), so he is 5 years older than the kids of the (3) pregnant women. So if the incident with Jae-hoon happened year 2005, Go Moo-chi will be around 15, which I think is about right when he visited HH's wife. This angle stands if Jae-hoon (2005) is HH's child (1995), the kid in yellow (2000) 

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

3.  Thus, I think Jae-hoon's mother is the good wife

Based on the scene where JH was being strangled by his mom, the mom looks closer to HH's wife (even though the shots of her were blurred and had bad angles), her voice is also similar. I don't think that the good wife will be able to strangle his son like that, even if he knew he had the psychopath gene, but HH's wife could, especially since she knows it is the psychopath gene from HH himself. Also, I don't even think the good wife will choose to remarry.

Note also that JH's dad mentioned JH's mom was busy 'with the store', which sort of says she owns the store, and later it is shown she has her own flower shop.

Also note that JH's teacher said to the dad that JH wants to be a doctor. Not really my comment to #3, but something to keep in mind when thinking who YH is. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

I think it would be too anti-climatic for HH's son to also be a killer

True, but it's still pretty early on. We don't know yet what the main conflict the show will try to tackle. After watching the first episode, I thought it anti-climatic that the HH was revealed already. And after watching the second episode, I was pretty much convinced that the show is saying "YH is the killer and HH's son, but that's not the story we want to tell, the main conflict is yet to come."

------ 

Of course, none of my answers above aren't 100% yet and could pretty much be shot down in the next 2 episodes, but could also hold true. I hope my response helps! They could either confuse you more or maybe even solidify your theory. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4
54 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Based on the scene where JH was being strangled by his mom, the mom looks closer to HH's wife (even though the shots of her were blurred and had bad angles), her voice is also similar. I don't think that the good wife will be able to strangle his son like that, even if he knew he had the psychopath gene, but HH's wife could, especially since she knows it is the psychopath gene from HH himself. Also, I don't even think the good wife will choose to remarry.

Note also that JH's dad mentioned JH's mom was busy 'with the store', which sort of says she owns the store, and later it is shown she has her own flower shop.

I also thought the same.. when JH was being strangled, even though the mom was a little blurry, it still looked more like HH's wife - same hair, same voice. And the way she reacted made sense to me since not only does JH carry the gene but his father was a convicted serial killer. I think that for the other mom, even though her child also carried the gene, she would have possibly looked at her child not as a carrier of the gene but more a reminder of her late husband who was a good man. So my guess is that the child was loved dearly despite having the gene.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

5 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

I'm sort of confused with this cause they sort of contradict each other. (Though my main theory right now is JH = YH = HH's son, and yours is YH = HH's son, JBR = JH =/= HH's son)

Also note that JH's teacher said to the dad that JH wants to be a doctor. Not really my comment to #3, but something to keep in mind when thinking who YH is. 

I'm leaning more towards YH = HH's son, BR = JH = good couple's child.

I could be wrong because obviously I didn't notice many things that you have mentioned 😆 (Shocking how you guys remember the little details on one watch 😱)

That said, the TvN picture with JH, BR and HH & wife together also makes me think they could be one family. Will wait and see.

I still believe the timing is correct if HH's wife is JH's mom. Based on the timeline given above (which I believe are dates already stated in the actual show) Go Moo-chi is around 5 years old during the Snowman incident (year 1995), so he is 5 years older than the kids of the (3) pregnant women. So if the incident with Jae-hoon happened year 2005, Go Moo-chi will be around 15, which I think is about right when he visited HH's wife. This angle stands if Jae-hoon (2005) is HH's child (1995), the kid in yellow (2000) 

This is my oversight. Didn't take into the timeline. Please ignore the point about the scene outside the flower shop. So now I only have Asianwiki Cast chart to support my theory 😭😂

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
5 hours ago, Mouse said:

I also thought the same.. when JH was being strangled, even though the mom was a little blurry, it still looked more like HH's wife - same hair, same voice. And the way she reacted made sense to me since not only does JH carry the gene but his father was a convicted serial killer. I think that for the other mom, even though her child also carried the gene, she would have possibly looked at her child not as a carrier of the gene but more a reminder of her late husband who was a good man. So my guess is that the child was loved dearly despite having the gene.

HH's wife is played by an established supporting actress. Will she die so soon? But then, after Vincenzo and Yoo Jae Myung's character died, who knows?

Oops, sorry for the 2nd post, thought it would merge with the first.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

The Drama ‘Mouse’ Asks If Psychopaths Are More Nature Than Nurture

Mar 5, 2021,12:35pm EST|1,583 views

Joan MacDonaldContributor

Hollywood & Entertainment

I'm a journalist fascinated by Korean drama and film.

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

Lee Jee-hoon and Lee Seung-gi must work together to find a serial killer. TVN

After a vicious serial killer is imprisoned, two pregnant women sit outside a testing center in a hospital. They came to the hospital for genetic testing to determine if their unborn child inherited a supposed “psychopath gene.” One of the women was married to the serial killer, the other to a kind and gentle man. They must decide what to do now that their tests show both unborn children have this gene.

While this test exists in the Korean drama Mouse, science has yet to find conclusive evidence that any one gene determines psychopathy. A gene has been identified that is associated with general antisocial tendencies, but nature and nurture both play a part in shaping human beings. Both women decide to keep their babies and hope for the best.

Decades later, the same killer is still on death row and a new psychopath is murdering people. Could it possibly be the killer’s son? Is the killer one of the children that was shown in utero to have the psychopath gene? It’s possible, but Mouse wants viewers to figure out who that child grew up to be.

As a child Go Mu-chi, played by Lee Jee-hoon, watched the original serial killer murder his family and now all he wants is revenge. If the killer was not locked up in jail Mu-chi might already have murdered him. Traumatized by what happened to him as a child, Mu-chi drinks too much. His drinking and impulsive behavior threaten his career as a police officer.

Jung Ba-reum, played by Lee Seung-gi, is a rookie police officer, who rescues wounded birds, feeds stray cats and helps senior citizens with their shopping. He is horrified by the misery that the killer inflicts. He finds it hard to relate to the fact that psychopaths don’t feel guilt or compassion. 

Together Mu-chi and Ba-reum will work together to find the new serial killer. Fate ties these characters together, but they must identify the killer before their mysterious connection is revealed.

Mouse is Lee Seung-gi’s first R-rated drama and the drama earns its R for its brutal depictions of violence. Known for his wholesome image, Lee Seung-gi recently appeared in the action drama Vagabond with Bae Suzy and was also seen in the travel reality show Twogether with Jasper Liu. Co-star Lee Jee-hoon appeared in the award-winning film The Man Standing Next, as well as the critically praised films Another Child and Miss Baek.

The gritty police mystery also stars Kyung Soo-jin as Choi Hong-joo, an award-winning news producer who tenaciously follows Mu-chi for a scoop, and Park Ju-hyun as Oh Bong-yi, a troubled high school student with expertise in martial arts.

Is there such a thing as an evil gene and if there is, would it be right to eliminate such gene carriers from the world before they were born? Pondering the answer to this question may require viewers to watch every episode of Mouse.

Source: Forbes

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1