Mouse 마우스 [2021]

I started to rewatch episode 1 and I can't help but think that we're really being misled with the narrative now. I don't know what to think anymore. 🤣 I guess I never payed that much attention before to Moo-Chi's introduction scene or maybe it's just cause of the subs, but I want to get the opinion of people here. Maybe you guys caught this at once and I'm just the one that missed it, but I never really saw any posts of it anywhere else (not that I search a lot).

I only understood now that the person HH was referring to that GMC killed, is the guy that he was chasing in his opening scene.

Spoiler

Screenshot-245.png

Screenshot-246.png

Screenshot-239.png

Screenshot-241.png

Screenshot-242.png

Screenshot-243.png

HH said it's been 'a year' already since that guy jumped, which sort of helps make the entire opening scene make sense. It always felt weird to me that GMC was able to sleep in the rooftop unbothered when someone just jumped off of the building from where he was. I imagined there would have been some investigation, but there was none. Also, the police came right as he looked down to the street. 

The entire opening scene could have just been a flashback for GMC or he was dreaming it while he was drunk asleep. Maybe he goes to that rooftop sometimes when he is in a slump, since presumably it was the first time someone died because of his actions, and he has some trauma with the entire experience. The clothes are misleading since he is wearing the same thing, but we can say that its just what he 'remembers' since it's also what he's wearing in the present. 

But now my timeline is sort of messed up. When GMC talked to HH (he's also wearing the same jacket), HH only mentioned 'did you fail again?' but we don't know what was the reason GMC visited HH. GMC only talked about details of Victim # 1 (the burned boxer) but he did not mention anything about Victim # 2. So this visit could have been anytime after Victim # 1. He did say 'some time ago' when telling details about Victim # 1.

Anyway. My point is..... I don't trust anything anymore. LOL 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

@Warm Paws I honestly don't know even know what's going on any more. Just when I think I've discovered something, I read something else that completely throws me off! I have to admit that I am confused as heck after watching episode 4.

I am still hoping that BR is on the good side and that whatever he is doing is inevitably to catch the real killer. But because his background is so shady and we keep reading that this role is unlike anything LSG has played before.. it makes me think that maybe he plays the bad guy for once! There's also so many theories on Twitter that @Darkarcana has shared and now I don't know what to think anymore.

I'm constantly asking "who's the bad guy? who's the good guy?" and everything is a "why"

:PikaRIP:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

@Mouse right? I know that there are some scenes/shots that they make things look 'continuous' or in chronological order (like mentioned in one theory in twitter) but now we don't even know if they're from the same sequence or from the same perspective. And if my understanding of the opening scene above is correct, then they've already used the technique on something I thought was so mundane.

I actually made a timeline based on my understanding of the first 3 episodes, and now I don't even know if I'll attempt to continue to update it. 😅 Couple more days till the next episode! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah. I just hope that all the details people are seeing are intentional clues, and not just continuity errors. Like the difference between the photo grandma was holding and what the killer burned, and the minor detail on the goat mask, and all the other stuff people have seen on people's clothes.

Who knows, maybe everything we've seen so far is just all in JBR's head! (thinking A Beautiful Mind). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Warm Paws said:

Yeah. I just hope that all the details people are seeing are intentional clues, and not just continuity errors. Like the difference between the photo grandma was holding and what the killer burned, and the minor detail on the goat mask, and all the other stuff people have seen on people's clothes.

Who knows, maybe everything we've seen so far is just all in JBR's head! (thinking A Beautiful Mind). 

Lol watch it be like The Sixth Sense and JBR is actually dead. Haha! 

I do hope you’re right - that the small details people are noticing like the discrepancies in the photos, the mask, the text messages...  are intentional. 

I see all these things people are noticing and I can’t help but think “wow, these people sure have a lot of time!” :shocked:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

finally done reading all the posts here. 🤣

Hello guys! Really really appreciate all your theories and I kind of regret it that I read first before sharing my theories because I don't know what to say anymore.. so so confused. 😅

BUT I'll share it anyways, starting with psychopaths: they are great deceivers, can totally blend in amongst us, can fake emotions, they are very meticulous and intelligent people. I don't remember anyone here mentioned how psychopaths brain works, there's a debate here about "Nature Vs Nurture", here is what interesting: there is part of our brain that is responsible for our emotions; emphaty etc.. psychopaths doesn't have it hence it is easy for them to kill people without feeling any guilt or remorse---- contradicting to what other have mentioned here, I don't think nurturing a child, a good environment could stop unleashing a monster inside him because of this one fact that plays a huge part about their behaviours.

Regarding with the victims, we are all left with a question what is the "standard" of him picking his victim? The psychopath hated God, and I'm just gonna throw the lamest theory about it lol. Remember that there's only one church has been shown the entire time? what if most of the victims are member of the said church? whom he himself frequently visits? 

That's all, I need to rest my brain for now I used it enough while reading all your posts here. lol Byee

• Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
11 hours ago, Mouse said:

I see all these things people are noticing and I can’t help but think “wow, these people sure have a lot of time!” 

I think all these details are just to confuse us viewers. Chingu @Mouse They sure do have a lot of time in their hands.  

Sung Yo Han despise his father, in the voice over the killer never mentioned a papa. SYH doesn’t even want to have children because he is afraid of a potential child of his may be. Psychopath.  I feel bad for him.  

Jung Ba Reum he looks clumsy, loves rescuing animals and I think he isn’t to keen being in a romantic relationship. He seems caring when he is with Bo Yi , her grandmother and his friends but with others I do feel that his actions seems a bit forced.  

Go Mu Chi , I don’t like this character and I fear he didn’t get counseling for his trauma. I find him to be a terrible cop as in he is reckless and I don’t think he is helping the victims when he is closing a case. That sister killer got away with murder and it really annoyed me. This guys didn’t get to suffer at all because GMC was careless and stupid.

@abovewalls The theory on Nature vs Nuture  isn’t correct in all cases that is why I think the killer is someone that we don’t suspect. This drama maybe be trying to prove this theory false or true??  We know Jae Hoon killed three people but we were never told which family member died. He was alone when he left the precinct. 
In Sung Yo Han’s case his mother doesn’t appear to be scared of him. She even told DR Lee he was wrong about having the gene. Was she telling the truth or is she delusional.  

@Warm Paws Anything is possible, the killer may be GMC, having a split personality and killing people without him knowing it. Lol lol 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

7 hours ago, abovewalls said:

Regarding with the victims, we are all left with a question what is the "standard" of him picking his victim? The psychopath hated God, and I'm just gonna throw the lamest theory about it lol. Remember that there's only one church has been shown the entire time? what if most of the victims are member of the said church? whom he himself frequently visits? 

Now that you said it, might be possible if the priest is the killer and he comes into contact with those victims. So he knows who to pick.

• Like 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

1 hour ago, Darkarcana said:

Now that you said it, might be possible if the priest is the killer and he comes into contact with those victims. So he knows who to pick.

I'm actually not discounting the priest as the killer. He has trauma after all.

Here's what I don't understand in ep 4... so Mu Chi was in the middle of a press con and then he starts walking toward the door mumbling to himself that perhaps it's not about finding the commonality between the victims but maybe the killer is murdering based on a standard... AND THEN, he gets a text/call (I don't even remember which) and the killer says "Bingo".. how the heck did the killer know what he was saying at that time?!

• Like 2

@Mouse he gets a text then a call right after. They emphasized that the press con was live, so the killer is presumably is watching through the news. 

If not for the actual recording of the call, then it would be suspicious if GMC actually even received the call and not just imagined everything. However, I'm surprised he even had a call recording thing, maybe that's a standard for police? Or maybe just to move the plot forward? But yeah, after my investigation above (the first GMC scene), I am now very suspicious of everything GMC sees.

• Like 3

Eehhh. Hope it's not that easy. Even Moo-Chi didn't attempt to reverse the voice changer. :laugh:

But true, sounds like LSG. Wonder what method they used to reverse it though.

Speaking of voice changer... It's interesting that the monologue of the 'killer' keeps on changing, from using JH's voice for the adults (stare down between BR and YH), then the first couple of kills had a voice changer. But for grandma's, it was an unaltered voice, presumably YH's. 

• Like 2

Yesterday's episode was so sad :cry:  Didn't expect to be reaching for tissue in a thriller.

Spoiler

Poor Moo Chi, now he has no family left.

It's exactly as Detective Park (?) warned. Don't antagonise the psychopath, or he will harm your family. Just like his own family was destroyed when he criticised the HH so many years ago.

This is a little like the movie Seven. The killer (Kevin Spacey) planned it such that Brad Pitt would commit the last of the 7 sins. There was no way he could help himself when he saw his girlfriend's head in the box.

In Mouse, the killer planned it such that Moo Chi's brother would always have been one of the 7. He was the perfect example of "No Wrath".

0AHfRF9.png

So is the kidnapped child included as one of the 7 victims for the 7 deadly sins - how is he the reverse of "envy"? Will they be able to save him?

Grandma was just an unlucky kill. How about Daniel Lee and Yo Han's friend? Hmmm...

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

Watched ep 6...

Some Pointers that I would like to point out for discussion:
@UnniSara @Mouse@Warm Paws @SnowBlob @katakwasabi @Chocolate @abovewalls @mademoiselle

Spoiler

Some Pointers:

It is indicated that there is a possibility that the scenes, in the beginning, is different, looking at the post there are several different from where they shoot to where Ba reum is standing. So there are some clues that these two are different scenes, one is the fake one, while the other is the real one. 

Other stuff that link to the possibility that they could be different:

1. Packaging of the package looks strangely the same almost identical.

2. Packaging of the thumb drive, they wrap it in the ball and shove it in the package. 

Basing on these similarities, you honestly can't deny that there is some odd stuff going on. How can the psycho make it so well that it matches exactly like how Team Moochi would wrap? It's impossible. 

-----

Then another thing that I would just like to add:

The fact that he doesn't feel hurt after being stomp is also raising some red lights as well, but should this be a concern? I am not sure, but so far we know that Ba Reum might be Ambidextrous. So he can use both of his hands. 

For instance, when he picks up the egg rolls with his chopsticks, he is using his right hand. Bong Yi came to his house, he pours her a drink, open the bottle with his left hand. Now, this *Twitter Post above*.

-----

And the other thing is, where was he when the whole killing started? He was last seen in the office looking at the footage, which BR did not specify that the package is taken from a different box. Then the other news outlet came in just in time to beat them down. This is very calculating. 

All this time, you will most likely feel it, I know I may sound bias, but the thing is, all this time, BR is the one requesting for MC to do it. His face is not on the materials so he is saved. He requested moochi to do the stream, he suggests Moochi that they faked the kidnapped. So in the end, the consequence is all to blame on MC and even make MC lose his brother. Don't yall think, BR is pushing MC in the direction that he may want Moochi to go? 

Something doesn't feel right. BR might not be the killer, but he definitely has something in mind. 

------

Do yall think they cut out this convo to save it or later or?

------

Let's start the discussion!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Ok, I need to give the latest episode a round of applause!!! I was so impressed with (1) the tension/thrill of this episode (2) the twists. Towards the end, I was crying for Moo Chi as he begs Moo Won to get angry. Omg. SO. GOOD!

@Darkarcana I really like the twist to the seven deadly sins. Instead of the victims being sinned of these sins, they were the opposite! Not only that, it is linked to fairy tales. Bloody hell, good one from the writer there! I like it. It's refreshing! Who would have thought? Did anyone did? LOL. I would not have been impressed if it's just based off the 7 sins. And then of course the second twist, which is Moo Won.

----

By the way, I find one scene somewhat illogical. That's the bit where they staged the kidnapping footage. They can pre-shoot this and have the USB ready at the station (not like the person delivering it will be filmed on TV). There's no need to do it during live shoot from BR's house (?) and get his friend to deliver to the station. I find that silly. And all just to short-termly make viewers see the two couriers passes each other? Meh.

At this point, I don't know what to think of Ba Reum. He's definitely a suspect; however, there's also P.O who didn't appear at all in this episode whereas Ba Reum has been running around. Also, I thought Bong Yi went to the church to face off with the killer? But I don't think I saw her at the crime scene. We'll obviously have to see what happens in the next episode.

Edit: It's also interesting that Ba Reum and Yo Han have "met" before. Perhaps, the 3 boys met in their youth...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 4
46 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Edit: It's also interesting that Ba Reum and Yo Han have "met" before. Perhaps, the 3 boys met in their youth...

It is interesting that Ba Reum kept telling everyone Chi Kook is the hero though he won the awards too. Everything is just Chi Kook. Why? Lol. Why did BR receive the reward either ways?

Oh I forgot to share this:

There is another children book: The heungbu and Nolbu story.  

Here is part of the storyline:

Heungbu and Nolbu were brothers. Nolbu, the older brother, was very greedy, but his younger brother, Heungbu, was kind and empathetic.

One day, Heungbu saw that a snake was crawling up a tree near his house to eat a swallow. Seeing the snake, the swallow fell to the ground, breaking its leg. Heungbu chased the snake away and treated the swallow's broken leg. The following spring, the swallow's family came back and gave Heungbu a seed as a thank you present. Heungbu planted the seed in his backyard and waited for the plant to mature. The plant yielded gourds, and when they were ready to eat, Heungbu and his family split a gourd in half. To their great surprise, they found gemstones inside. With the money from the sale of these gemstones, they bought a new house and became very wealthy.The rumour that Heungbu was wealthy spread throughout the entire town and reached Nolbu. Without hesitation, Nolbu met Heungbu and asked him how he became so rich so quickly. Nolbu heard the secret and did the same, except he broke a swallow's leg himself

See anything similar? Remember Ba Reum's first appearance? Bird broken leg. Then of cause, Snake. So now..there is a possiblity here. We don't know if BR is HeungBu or Nolbu, cause he could also broke the leg of the bird. The story later continues that after Nolbu got the seed, he grew the seed and break the plant to get 'gold' but instead, it causes a lot of bad things to happen. {Bad things? All of these are bad things that we have been seeing. Grandma and Muwon's death}

So Ba Reum will be the last sin. If he is HeungBu

• Like 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif