Mouse 마우스 [2021]

Agree with @mademoiselle...very happy with how the writer twists the use of 7 deadly sins and the children's story. Just daebak :wow:

Now that I watched the last 2 episodes..at least one thing became clearer..that Yo Han was indeed 7deadlysins serial killer right? And that up until the very last scene in the last ep...Ba Reum was indeed a good guy. 

However...i suspect it's due to his head injury that he became pscyhopathic? Seems like his demeanor changes and in the trailer..even his hair style seems to change as well :lol:

I applause moochi actor's acting the emotional scenes. His crying and beggin were just so raw :letalQQ: I am #teammoochi all the way..unless he turns into a psychopathic killer himself :shocked:

• Like 6

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Hi! Coming here from after episode 6, first watch.

Pretty interesting first arc, with 14 more episodes to go. My main theory held true up to this point, but I did get bamboozled. In retrospect, they really did give all the clues clearly, but with just a lot of red herrings.  

2 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Now that I watched the last 2 episodes..at least one thing became clearer..that Yo Han was indeed 7deadlysins serial killer right? And that up until the very last scene in the last ep...Ba Reum was indeed a good guy

Yes, unless there's a very strong twist, which I think is unlikely? Still, anything is possible. 😅

Overall, I liked this week's episodes, but there was a lot I disliked, especially in ep 5... Ep 5 was a mess for me, unless I just got lost and didn't understand what was happening? What especially threw me off was the "time jump" to 10 minutes before show end... Which jumped from... 15 minutes before show end (?) The staff were ordered to get out of the studio... Then they were suddenly back, and with Moo-Chi calmly talking about grasshoppers. If you guys understood this part, please enlighten me.

I also didn't like the other news station interrupting the program. Yeah they sort of helped put the puzzle together, but it was just annoying how they were contradicting themselves just to prove they're right... 

SBC: We believe that the video OBN played was fabricated, and not from the killer.

also SBC, 2 secs later: here's the CCTV footage of the courier picking up the package containing the video from the killer, that was played by OBN. 

I liked Lee Hee-Joon's (Moo-Chi) performance, it was really believable. These 2 episodes would have been lacking if not for his performance. Also, not sure if an intentional literary device, but I liked that Moo-Chi was wearing yellow and Moo-won was wearing dark, so it sort of alludes to their past as siblings.

Spoiler

I do wish I was that good of a shot after 7+ bottles of soju.

For now I'll end with.... If YH had a secret room inside his secret room, why did he post his victim map on the first secret room? 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
2 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

For now I'll end with.... If YH had a secret room inside his secret room, why did he post his victim map on the first secret room? 

Spoiler

Well, I guess the secret room is mainly for his other stalking in particular Ba Reum. You know, I can’t help but to feel that my assumptions is sort of confirmed, which is Bareum is really hiding his real identity and actions.

——

EP-6-720p-1.gif

A normal cop wouldn’t just ask Bong Yi to leave, he should have run with her, because they are dealing with the supposed big bad killer. So what made Ba Reum this confident to say, Bong Yi leave. I will catch him? Unless he knows Yohan and he knows Yohan is not going to do anything to him. The fact that he shoo Bong Yi away, to me this is to hide and continue to show his good boy image. He doesn’t want Bong Yi to know who he truly is, so he ask her to leave so that he can reveal himself and do some serious talk with Yohan.

Him getting bashed feels like a trick, for MC to kill Yohan so everything is on Yohan. 

If you think about, it’s a little sus in the beginning to have a very nice guy to just budge into Grandma and Bong Yi lives. Him not knowing about Bomg Yi’s past and grandma drinking habits shows that he is fairly new in their lives. Heck grandma was being defensive when Ba Reum tries to ask about Bong Yi’s case.

With these I feel that the ward scene..poor eo bongyi :( that he didn’t have amnesia or the personality is awoken. I feel like it has been there all these time, he is just faking it, but this time round, because he is injured, he becomes even more violent.

• Like 4

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

“A romantic who likes flowers.”

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

Aishhh this show... I enjoyed it but nearly towards the end I entertained the idea that I should have waited for it to complete so I could binge-watch it and find out who's who quicker!

When Choi PD wanting to vomit, I was all, "OMG, please tell me she isn't pregnant with a psycho's child!" and few minutes later the show confirmed she is. So the psycho saga will continue. Suddenly Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren came into mind... :laugh:Move along, don't mind me.

I hate to think that Ba Reum is the actual serial killer. I don't mind him "becoming" a serial killer but didn't want him to actually be the serial killer of the 7 sins. Mainly because I don't understand how it all started. Perhaps when it is all revealed, I'd be more acceptance. And also why is he keeping Bong Yi alive and nice to her? All for a facade? Really? We never found out whether the left arm of either Ba Reum or Yo Han were injured right? Although after Bong Yi said it and the way Ba Reum head out (with his left arm looking limp), I did suspect it is him. 

Yo Han has a whole lot of pictures on Ba Reum, meaning he's watching Ba Reum, but it's all so unnecessary LOLLL. Those pictures aren't exactly useful is it? It's not like Ba Reum was caught on camera doing something evil at all. Yo Han burnt the envelope which may tell us whether he is or is not the son of Han Seo Joon... maybe?

I'm just going to sit back and wait for next week's reveal.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

When Choi PD wanting to vomit, I was all, "OMG, please tell me she isn't pregnant with a psycho's child!" and few minutes later the show confirmed she is. So the psycho saga will continue. Suddenly Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren came into mind... :laugh:Move along, don't mind me

Lol i think it is happening, but we dont know who is who...

Still suspect Ba Reum is the real son of HSJ, that is why Song JiNa shocked when she watch BR and OBY. Maybe BR said something like HSJ, sweet tounge but nothing true. And in the last scene in hospital, BR finaly reveal his truth side, he killed the bird because it was too noisy.

But i think BR is not the one who fight with OBY, it was SYH. I think SYH followed wherever BR went. They think a like. SYH always knew how BR think. So after BR killed detective Go's brother, he has to leave the crime scene immediately. It was YH who were watching the victim and met OBY.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

I don’t even know what to think anymore!!!

Tbh, all the clues are pointing to YH being the 7-deadly sins killer and all the scenes we’ve so far makes sense for him to be the killer. Especially if we just look at it from the perspective of the mother (Ji Eun). It shows her flashback to that moment of her strangling her son. If it was a different boy, why would she react the way she did toward YH? It just doesn’t make any sense. 

I do think that Ba Reum was good all the way until ep 6 and I say this because he had several opportunities to kill Bong Yi. It would be to his advantage to get rid of her. 

also, assuming that the progression of events is one timeline, BR was not at the scene when the priest was being killed. And for him to say “mint”, if he was the killer, why would he notice that? 

I worry that perhaps him being hit in the head by YH is what changes him to become the killer. I really hope not. 

I think we’ve all been “conditioned” to question BR’s character from the beginning because of a) the gene test and b) because of the interviews / drama promos where LSG says it’s unlike any role he’s played before. Even if it were true that he is the killer, it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the only killer which means maybe he starts out good which is the BR we’ve seen thus far and then something in him changes? 

My heart broke so much for Mu Chi and the actor who plays him deserves an award for it. I sobbed so hard! I literally wailed! 

Ugh, how is it that with each episode we are left with even more questions that answers? 

• Like 6

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

18 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

I can’t help but to feel that my assumptions is sort of confirmed, which is Bareum is really hiding his real identity and actions

Hiding real identity and actions to what extent? I know there are varying degrees of belief that JBR is the bad guy, but I want to know where you stand personally. Do you believe he's responsible for all the murders and YH is just trying to catch him? If not all, which ones?

A normal cop wouldn’t just ask Bong Yi to leave, he should have run with her, because they are dealing with the supposed big bad killer.

I'm not surprised though. 😅 I always ask this in almost all shows and movies. It's a trying to be the hero to save you and sacrifice myself thing. I know that I'll be running away with you if in that situation 🤣 I'm home free and I won't face the killer without backup, let's just run home. 🤣

With these I feel that the ward scene..poor eo bongyi :( that he didn’t have amnesia or the personality is awoken

I feel like they're just bamboozling us again like episode 4. I'm sort of expecting BR is still in a deep sleep and just imagining himself kill Eobongyi. 

I'm still sticking with my understanding that everything shown is sort of straight to the point so far. (That HH's son = HH's wife's only son = kid in yellow = JH = YH = Predator (for all murders), BR = good wife's son = good person). I'm not totally discounting other theories cause they do have points even from BR = good perspective, and there's a lot of suspicious actions by everyone esp BR himself, and still a lot of loose ends with the predator killings. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong... If I'm right... I'm right? 🤣🤣🤣

But I feel like I'm in this mindset cause I believe we're still just in the introduction of the show; after all, we just got to the point of where the synopsis ends. And the real story starts now. I honestly want to move on from the predator killings and I don't want to dwell on who the real killer is (if not YH) for another couple of weeks. Of course there will be ramifications of these set of killings, and there are still some stuff to be resolved, but I really hope that the show moves to a different arc now.

And I certainly would prefer not to see twins or child birth switching or other things like that. If the show goes there, I hope they do it well. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Warm Paws said:

Hiding real identity and actions to what extent? I know there are varying degrees of belief that JBR is the bad guy, but I want to know where you stand personally. Do you believe he's responsible for all the murders and YH is just trying to catch him? If not all, which ones?

Ok, I don’t see him as the killer, but I see him trying to hide his tendency, but YH is trying to pry his identity open.

And I certainly would prefer not to see twins or child birth switching or other things like that

Funny enough, people were saying transplant frontal lobe...NOOOOOO🤣

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

1 hour ago, Mouse said:

My heart broke so much for Mu Chi and the actor who plays him deserves an award for it. I sobbed so hard! I literally wailed! 

I always give standing applause for him! His passion, his lost, his anger, his crazyness, totally awesome! His eyes really tell us everything!

13 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

Ok, I don’t see him as the killer, but I see him trying to hide his tendency, but YH is trying to pry his identity open.

Hmmmm this is an insight for me.

I'm not surprised though. 😅 I always ask this in almost all shows and movies. It's a trying to be the hero to save you and sacrifice myself thing. I know that I'll be running away with you if in that situation 🤣 I'm home free and I won't face the killer without backup, let's just run home. 🤣

Yeah lol, i think SYH already seen them, but he let OBY go, and focus on BR. And he knew that BR also waiting for him. Those two boys think alike like a twin lol.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

Funny enough, people were saying transplant frontal lobe...NOOOOOO🤣

I knoooow. Hahahahahaha. Jeez. 🤣 That goes waaaay too far. 

8 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

Oh I see, I see. Like I said, varying degrees. The deeper I go down the theory rabbit hole, I get more confused. But they do make some good points though, even if I don't want to believe them.

8 hours ago, Tothestars said:

Yeah lol, i think SYH already seen them, but he let OBY go, and focus on BR. And he knew that BR also waiting for him. Those two boys think alike like a twin lol.

Oh true! I didn't think of that. He was just standing there watching them. Maybe cause OBY was never a target anyway. And if he had pictures of BR, then he might have really been the last target. I can't remember now if there was still a sin missing, but the kid's tale still works, right?

Speaking of pictures, I did see a tweet of the picture wall and there were some questionable pictures, regardless of who put it there. There were pictures of BR carrying BY home, which doesn't make sense, cause it happened just a few scenes before BR went into YH's house. 

I'm also questioning how BR got inside YH's house, especially when GMC went through all the trouble of getting the gate (and front door?) open. He even hired an ex-felon or something to open it for him.

I used to try and make a timeline of events, but stopped since ep 3 😅 but I think I need to check when BR suddenly came back to perfect condition, losing his crutches, and even jumping over YH'S gate.

Lastly (for now), there are some people questioning Shin cause he ignored YH's car when he was tailing him. I'm glad that we double-checked the cars in this forum though, cause we know that YH's daily driver is diff from the predator's car when he was stalking the mukbang girl. And that's when the 2nd car appeared.

(Real last for this post) I like the theory saying that Shin is the killer, esp Moo-Won's. It was written in blood "I am God" where 신 = god, but also reads as Shin. He's basically just saying "yo, it's me" 🤣

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

I'm sort of leaning towards how @Warm Paws has viewed these eps...to take them in a simpler way..how they have shown or led us to believe. Of course it will be a super major twist if BR turned out to be the serial killer of the 7 deadly sins..(or moo chi :pandascared:).. Even i would think if BR turned out to be HH's son..that would also be a huge twist. I'm open for anything but the writer better has a good explanation for those and that everything could be explained properly. I'm also a bit confused with the 10 min time jump... So why did she lock the door to begin with? Haahahhaha

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

12 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Lastly (for now), there are some people questioning Shin cause he ignored YH's car when he was tailing him. I'm glad that we double-checked the cars in this forum though, cause we know that YH's daily driver is diff from the predator's car when he was stalking the mukbang girl. And that's when the 2nd car appeared.

(Real last for this post) I like the theory saying that Shin is the killer, esp Moo-Won's. It was written in blood "I am God" where 신 = god, but also reads as Shin. He's basically just saying "yo, it's me" 🤣

O yeaah i remembered now, yes i also felt strange when he should see YH car, no way he can missed the only black car in that large yard and he drove the car slowly...

Okay we get 3 suspect confirmed lol. 3 boys with the same year born with HSJ's son.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Real last for this post) I like the theory saying that Shin is the killer, esp Moo-Won's. It was written in blood "I am God" where 신 = god, but also reads as Shin. He's basically just saying "yo, it's me" 🤣

PO’s fandom used this as one of the reasonings of why PO is the killer. Sure, if he ended up being a killer. Sure thing. But then I feel by logic, it’s not thick enough as a plot to drive PO as a killer. I used an example as I lecture my mouse cult when they were discussing on this :pandacool: “That’s like, If the killer says, I love pink shirt. Then whoever wears Pink Shirt is the killer then.” 

13 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Oh I see, I see. Like I said, varying degrees. The deeper I go down the theory rabbit hole, I get more confused. But they do make some good points though, even if I don't want to believe them.

It’s complicated but half of me says he might be, but half of me trying to soften the expectation by saying no. We know that BR is more complicated than what he is currently showing us. Feel like YH and BR confrontation have the key. The previous concept before CJ brunt it and change into the 1% was

Chances are we know, BR will go crook because of he couldn’t control himself 

more pictures!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

6 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

“That’s like, If the killer says, I love pink shirt. Then whoever wears Pink Shirt is the killer then.” 

Not really connected, but I just remembered when people were comparing the predator's umbrella with Shin Sang's 1 in 100 limited ed umbrella, I jokingly thought something like "did we narrow it down to 1 person, or are there 99 more people we should look into?"

42 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

I'm also a bit confused with the 10 min time jump... So why did she lock the door to begin with? Haahahhaha

LOL. Yeah. Another moment that made Ep 5 such a mess. She made sure to double-lock the doors, and emphasized on locking the door bolt. I scoffed when they easily opened the other door. 🤣

19 minutes ago, Darkarcana said:

The previous concept before CJ brunt it and change into the 1% was

"The killer lives inside my head..." are they... going to transplant half of YH's brain to BR? 🤣🤣 (please no)

For the upcoming episodes, Dr. Lee's case will be brought up again. It's still one of the more mysterious deaths so far. #mousetheory is sort of focusing on the ferris wheel scene now, and they're saying that the clothes are different from YH's when he jumped the fence. YH or not, there's lots of missing details. Somehow I feel like the death is more political, especially after seeing the preview for the next ep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1
On 3/19/2021 at 12:46 PM, SnowBlob said:

Now that I watched the last 2 episodes..at least one thing became clearer..that Yo Han was indeed 7deadlysins serial killer right? And that up until the very last scene in the last ep...Ba Reum was indeed a good guy. 

My gut tells me the opposite 😆

I've always thought Yo-han will not be the killer - the fact that he used a hammer on Ba-reum is surprising but my view is that perhaps he thinks BR is the killer and thus he is killing him for good. Yo-han does not seem to be exhibiting the traits of a cold-blooded killer - he has been scared and worried? It could be acting or he is pretending according to the script, who knows? Another point is that even if he is ambidextrous, his dominant hand seems to be his left hand - he did the brain surgery with his left hand. And he is hammering BR here with his left hand. The killer uses his right hand.

Al95To6.png

When Bong Yi was in hospital and she was describing the killer to the police, did you see how many times the camera panned to BR's face? Very often. And there was once when BR replied, his friend looked at him - as if the friend was surprised by or didn't understand the answer.

Ev9l2DHUYAAqm73?format=jpg&name=medium

I always think back to this picture from TvN. What does it mean?

(a) 2000, 2005 & BR = Jae Hoon = son of HH or

(b) 2000, 2005 & BR are the 3 children with the psychopath gene. (To me, it is non-symmetrical if we say 2000 and 2005 = JH and BR is the good couple's son. But that could be my OCD lol.)

(c) Could it mean something else? Why is Daniel Lee and his sister's photo included?

Then there is that Soompi article that said Jae-Hoon is Ba-reum! This is a legitimate source. If it was published in error, should there not be a retraction by now?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456753wpp/mouse-unveils-unsettling-sneak-peek-of-kim-kang-hoon-as-younger-lee-seung-gi

With the last episode, it seems that Jae Hoon has grown up to be a killer. He is the 7 deadly sins killer. Unless that flashback in the church is meant to mislead us - then I think the writer is just complicating things for the sake of it.

My gut thinks, since JH is a central figure, he should be played by a lead actor. That leaves LSG = BR. It could be the politician's son = PO Shin but his role seems minor so far. If there are any other killers, the show is just going to be ridiculous.

I too don't like the idea of switching babies. They were not even born at the same time such that you could just switch them in the baby ward. But will leave that to the writer to show us, including this confusion over whether Yo-han's mother is indeed BR's real mother. Another point I am waiting on is that this adult killer says the boxer was his first kill - if it is indeed JH, then it means he did not kill his step-family?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 4
On 3/19/2021 at 11:45 PM, Tothestars said:

But i think BR is not the one who fight with OBY, it was SYH. I think SYH followed wherever BR went. They think a like. SYH always knew how BR think. So after BR killed detective Go's brother, he has to leave the crime scene immediately. It was YH who were watching the victim and met OBY.

This is a possibility. Except that I am loathe to think that Yo-han would try to kill Bong Yi/stick a knife into BY's eye.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 4

I’m here, I’m here @Darkarcana... I sorta caught up, which is why I dare to venture into the thread, haha... Very interesting indeed, but what’s with the latest trend of kdramas with genetic research. I totally didn’t expect the premise to be that for Mouse. It’s like that one year few years ago when all stations were doing medical dramas. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Something that really makes sense to me is @Mousethoughts. You know, if YH is the legitimate killer, then why is there no Moochi pictures, when the cross killer is such a fan or Moochi? Instead, it’s filled with bareum pictures. 

then another pointer on that. Let’s not forget that Bareum was very into wanting Moochi to teach him how to investigate. Then the cross killer on ep 5 said that he is his fan. 

also, we know that the videos are fake in ep5, but never in the script it was said that the phone call are fake. So now you wonder...the first phone call sounded like bareum. Why would the caller expose everything out to the public like that?

@ktcjdramaHIII so nice of you to join us!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif

I haven't back read on all the posts here. But just wanted to share that the Chinese title for this drama means "To spy on" or spying/snooping on something. I wonder why such title. It means there's someone who is on the outside and looking into something but not making his presence known? Who would that be. And I still am wondering the significance of the mice shown in this drama (in regards to the title) thus far because in episode 1 alone, it made several cameos appearances :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I always think back to this picture from TvN. What does it mean?

(a) 2000, 2005 & BR = Jae Hoon = son of HH or

(b) 2000, 2005 & BR are the 3 children with the psychopath gene. (To me, it is non-symmetrical if we say 2000 and 2005 = JH and BR is the good couple's son. But that could be my OCD lol.)

(c) Could it mean something else? Why is Daniel Lee and his sister's photo included?

I've been trying my best not to look to much into "official" posts cause I feel like they're somewhat designed to mislead. But a possible interpretation of this timeline image is that it is (a) implying that kid in yellow = JH = BR since the 3 pictures are linked on the same string. Daniel Lee's picture (which also shows HH) is linked on the same string as 1995 HH implying that it's the timeline of HH. So the inclusion of BR on the same string as the kids could be intentional (will make sense for JH = BR believers), or they just chose a random picture to represent the present causing putting any other picture there will create a different implication (makes sense for JH = YH)

I remember the picture of Bareum having a car posted by @Darkarcana:

EwCxluyXEAkhZMp?format=jpg&name=small

I don't know the main source of the tweet. But if I saw it correctly, this image was just flipped and was taken from when BR was a passenger on GMC's car. If this originated from an official post, then they're really posting stuff out there to mislead.

7 hours ago, Darkarcana said:

You know, if YH is the legitimate killer, then why is there no Moochi pictures, when the cross killer is such a fan or Moochi? Instead, it’s filled with bareum pictures. 

True. If YH = HH's son, then his real end game target is GMC. But I don't remember any instances of YH being interested on GMC at all, even after seeing him multiple times in the hospital. While BR was curious how BY knows GMC, among all the other times he's shown interest in GMC. 

Random thoughts:

We don't know what was inside the envelope that YH burned. If I try to link it to what YH was supposed to confess to PD Choi, I don't understand why he had to burn it. 

If YH = good/ trying to catch SK, was he planning on telling his vigilante efforts to PD Choi after he caught BR (YH's suspected SK?). If this is the case, I would have thought that the contents of the envelope would help clear his name or at least shed some light on who BR is.

If YH = SK, was he planning on confessing all his acts to PD Choi? Assuming that he's been trying to fight the urge to kill, and just wants to end everything (turn himself in) after he completes all the planned kills (last was BR). If this is the case, I would have thought that the contents of the envelope would help PD Choi shed some light on the life of a psychopath, which she'll broadcast to the world in an effort to save all future psycopaths.

Anyway, for now, I think I'll stick to the more straightforward (but admittedly, less exciting?) theory that JH = YH = SK, BR = good, even with all the loose ends and suspicions. I'm really hoping that a lot of questions will be answered this week - regardless on which general theory is correct - and that the show moves on to a new direction now, be it third party involvement in all the kills so far or even that the SK arc was much bigger than just the main parties we thought were involved, some time jump (but hopefully not too far ahead into the future), a completely new set of murders. 

What do you guys think? Any predictions or at least, what you want to see happen next?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
11 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

Daniel Lee's picture (which also shows HH) is linked on the same string as 1995 HH implying that it's the timeline of HH.

Thanks for this tip.

11 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

If this originated from an official post, then they're really posting stuff out there to mislead.

Hmmm, that would be quite disappointing. A good drama should not have to resort to that to create suspense.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1
6 hours ago, Warm Paws said:

What do you guys think? Any predictions or at least, what you want to see happen next?

NOW if we start off as a clean slate. Removing whatever we thought of. Of cause, it might not turn out that way, but I just want everyone who is reading this to just have a second understanding of the possibilities. 

Right off the bat from the very start, Concepts and Choi Ran interviews have stated that this story is something along the lines of uncontrollable fate and punishing psychopath making them regret their actions. Honestly just think about, but like this is the entire concept that choi ran wants to write about. In honest opinion who would be more effective to showcase this concept? Shin Sang? Or Ba reum?

So when you start to think that Ba reum is going to showcase the concept. This way, you will soon notice that maybe that hospital scene is just the start. That bash on the head might have leaked out real and raw emotions for him which would ultimately make him regret. Thus that concept and choi ran interviews will shine.

So what I think about this drama. Maybe in the first place this is not even about whether BR is good or not or whatever...maybe this story could be the embodiment of a killer's story. 

Plus it feels out of place for BR because from the get go GMC already took the good spot. It makes you wonder as well like why GMC is always taking the airtime. Mainly I think BR was not meant to take up the investigation like the first male lead should. Cause he is different. But who knows?🤷‍♀️

------

Then through the idea of the killer's story. Some stuff could be justified accordingly basing on his actions. 

If he is the main arc of the story then we can justify things like

Spoiler

Why was he smirking

Why did he kill the bird so heartlessly

---------

Alot of the time we know he is the one suggesting that the team do some stuff and ultimately lead the team into facing backlash but BR is always save. If we scan through his wordings and you will sort of know that actually alot of the time, he is using the victim's to pressure GMC into doing things. Playing the "Why you should." Game. It's always never about himself but others. But because of him, it causes others to face backlash. While BR is Scott free.

Every situation they went by far is just like a breeze to BR. You don't see him repent, or feeling guilty like HJ, who is siting on the set alone.

Simple examples like:

- Using Hankook's mother to push GMC into doing the live show. 

- Using Chi Kook to get himself into investigating with GMC

- Using the bird for first introduction between BR and GMC (Their first meeting was after the first interview that GMC made mocking the killer)

- Using grandma's words saying that if I don't take care of you. How would I see Grandma. Pressuring BY to not do anything. So Bareum won't feel guilty of her actions.

- Using Hankook to make the fake video.

- Possibly using Bong Yi to get GMC into shooting YH. 

- Revealing certain information immediately and upholding some information deliberately. Saying YH did It, YH was there.

But not saying things like, BY Said she injured that person's left arm etc.

Probably there are many more but we are just not shown yet, but basing on his actions, it's sort of understandable that he can be manipulative at times. Which fits the criteria of a psychopath. Then we also add on to the fact that he is in and out of the screen time which is a usual trope of someone being the villain or someone is doing something shady.  And also adding on to another fact that everytime when he is supposed to be there he isn't there. Timing issues. (Like the female cop updated that the thumbdrive have been restored. The last we see of him is in that same room. So where was he?)

Plus lately, we now understand that the Chinese title of this show is snoppin or spy on. Which would support the evidence that Ba reum all these time could be snoppin around GMC to save himself.

-------

So we have The Mouse and Snake story.

In this story we learnt as per quote:

"But the rat replied, We are not friends. You are my enemy and you will eat me up.

I pretended to be your friend because I wanted to save my life. Friendship is only between equals. You are not my equal so we can never be friends."

This to me, this story helps to indicate that maybe to began with BR and GMC are never the same. (Someone pointed it out as well that both GMC and BR in posters they are never looking at the same direction or together, please that the poster with a grian of salt) They are on different parameters. Also, if you look at their story, it's not a usual occurance to see them having alot of airtime together. They are usually seperated with just the occasional screen time together. For example live stream. "I am helping you but I am not your friend" can be indicated in that livestream. 

-------

Of cause,  I understand where good bareum is coming from, there will always be a possibility that Nurture have takened over nature. But basing on the concepts we have to sort of sadly say that maybe Nature have to take over at the end. 

The latest concept on whether psychopath should live is quite a sad one cause we know that at the end of the day, it's either the real killer will die or BR will die with the real killer...oh well....

——

i just woke up and I’m writing essays? Haha

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

💉🌼🔪🌼💉

ezgif-com-crop-5.gif