Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

Thanks for the post @ssteph. A quick translation of the captions because I thought they were cute.

caption: At the end of a difficult day
caption: This time, the shower is giving problems.
caption: An out of control shower vs Vincenzo Cassano
caption: A mountain is a mountain, water is water (me: a variation of a saying that means it's one thing after another)
caption: Giving up
caption: Taking everything in stride, happy Vincenzo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

@ssteph the only thing that i notice in his eyes are melancholy in his eyes.... his BTS does not seem much fun and his smile does not reach his eyes.... there was a time when he always used to smile.. i could see in this BTS that he is sometimes not smiling... he does not seem to be that fun loving person anymore...

Maybe I am a bit paranoid....

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

I see people on Twitter talk about theory :BulbaConfused: :idk: :thinking:

Spoiler

1. Jang Jun Woo (Taecyeon) is villain and related to Babel Group & Jang Han Seo (Kwak Dong Yeon). Earlier casting news said Taec would play villain but later it was said he would play intern. Now they think it's impossible Taec only an intern, he is one of main cast. His role must be bigger than only an intern.

2. Mr. Hong will die. His death will make Hong Cha Young (Jeon Yeo Bin) leaves Woosang Law Firm and joins Vincenzo.

• Shocked 4

Yeah, it's a wild wacky ride. Really wacky. From time to time it gets a laugh out of me. There are things I like about it and things to which I can only shake my head, roll my eyes and groan. I don't mind the gallows humour actually. I prefer it to the slapstick. Needless to say the plaza is a nuthouse. Yes there are a handful of sane people to keep the house in order but either lunacy is contagious or there's been a large scale coordinated escape from the local psychiatric facility to explain the raucous insanity. 

For me the biggest drawcard is Song Joong-ki. He is an excellent fit for the role. In fact, I would say that the role was tailor-made for him. *wink wink nudge nudge* I've been thinking that he would make a really great SK James Bond.  To top it off I'm really enjoying Vincenzo's relationship with Yoo Jae-myung's character. Both men are great in their respective roles. I especially love that role reversal... the older man being the idealist and crusader while the younger one is the cynical worldly wise inscrutable rogue.

Although I thought they overdid the counter-culture shock thing a tad, I did appreciate the exploration of Vincenzo as someone who belongs neither here nor there. With the passing of his mentor, there's no place for him in Italy in that dog eat dog environment. He knew it was coming at least and made the necessary preparations. Back in Korea while he may share immutable characteristics with people of his birthplace and speaks the language fluently (although he code-switches as one might expect of a bilingual), he experiences a form of discrimination. He is  a fish out of water.

That said, there is something familiar about the landmine that he's sauntered into. He is completely in his element. Vincenzo quickly identifies the type of people he's dealing with. They're not your run-of-the-mill self-interested business people, they are thugs through and through. The types that don't play according to Marquis of Queensbury rules. This is the place where this "lawless lawyer" belongs. The lawyer who was a lawyer for the mafia accurately notes that there's really no difference between the men he once worked for and the men that he's going up against in South Korea. 

Of course the biggest joke of all is the planned building of the Tower of Babel under the goldmine that the monks are sitting on. LOL. That just tickles me no end. Naming the Big Bad Pharma Babel was hilarious enough but the tower of Babel was delightful. It's a reference, just in case people don't know, to Genesis 10 in the Bible where humans got together to build a monument to their own ingenuity and achievements but was foiled when God caused confusion in the ranks when everyone started speaking different languages.  There has been different "theories" as to what the Tower of Babel might have been. Here Vincenzo... who probably doesn't realise it yet... is the unlikely miracle sent to create confusion and mayhem to bring down the mighty Babel juggernaut. There is a part of me that suspects the gold's gone but it will be interesting to see how that part of the story gets resolved.

Sad to say, I am struggling to cover 4 dramas per week at this point so it's hard to say if this can hold my interest especially (and I only just found out the other day) if this is 20 episodes long. In truth  I am fond of these David-Goliath stories but I don't think I can maintain this current viewing schedule consistently especially when there are C dramas beckoning as well.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:52 PM, ssteph said:

I see people on Twitter talk about theory

About theory number 2... in The Fiery Priest, writer does not hesitate to kill an important person of the ML as the trigger for the story to get moving. So that theory is very possible to happen, but I really really hope it won't go that way.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I hope they won't kill off YJM's character but it is possible because Cha Young needs a strong catalyst make her leave her cushy high paying job.

---------------

I papago translated the last few paragraphs of the latest stills that @ssteph has posted.

Original article: https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210226/105629022/1

Amid expectations for Vincenzo's full-fledged performance, the images of Vincenzo, Hong Cha-young, and Jang Jun-woo captured at the police station arouses curiosity, hinting at another incident. Hong Cha-young, a self-taught lawyer, will be questioned by the police. It raises questions about how Hong Cha-young, who never loses to most opponents, fell into a trap and what happened to her

The following photo showed Jang Jun-woo, a "Hong Cha-young lover," who ran to the police station. It is also interesting to see Hong Cha-young secretly communicating the situation to Jang Jun-woo. Vincenzo, who emerged as a hero in this area, also arrived  at the police station. Vincenzo entered the police station showing off his dazzling visuals  :Ghastlel:. The USB in his hand raises questions. The unexpected intertwined relationship between Vincent and Hong Cha-young is also a point that stimulates expectations.

In the third and fourth episodes, which will air this week, Vincenzo will make another plan to protect Geumga Plaza. The synergy between the tenants and Vincenzo, who are starting to open their minds, also adds to expectations. Meanwhile, Hong Cha-young, who was in charge of the Babel Pharmaceutical case, is suffering from a disappearing whistleblower (witness) . As Hong Yoo-chan (played by Yoo Jae-myung), the opposing lawyer and father, visits the whistleblower, the secret of the Babel Pharmaceutical case is also expected to be unveiled. In the trailer released earlier, Vincenzo said, "Do you understand the nature of this case? These people are monsters, not merchants. "I don't care about people's lives," he said, raising questions by suggesting that the reality of the huge cartel is hidden behind the incident.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Accompanying article for  stills that @mademoiselle posted above from Sports Donga

( aahaha looks like Vincenzo is blending in with his environment and learned to used his fancy suits!)

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210227/105642882/1

Meanwhile, the released photo foretells the extraordinary performance of Vincenzo. Vincenzo encountered bad students in Geumgapraza. Among the middle school students who provoke Vincenzo with a harsh attitude, Kim Young-ho (Kang Chae-min), the son of Kwak Hee-soo (Lee Hang-na), the owner of the Yeongho branch, is among them. The spirit of those who do not back down despite the sharp eyes of the "strong man" Vincenzo causes laughter. Vincenzo, who looked expressionless at the 8th grade boys who showed off their swag . He eventually untied their ties. Before this he  had also blocked the Babel Group, but it is interesting to see him compete against a rogue student who has nothing to be scared of  in this world.

The third episode, which will air today (27th), will feature Vincenzo's dynamic adaptation of Geumga Plaza and he will keep  getting involved in Geumga Plaza's private affairs causing laughter. Although the demolition crisis has been avoided due to the spectacular tricks, it is not Babel Construction that will stop here. Under mounting pressure, Vincenzo makes another plan to protect the building. In addition, secrets related to the Babel Pharmaceutical lawsuit, to which Hong Cha-young (Jeon Yeo-bin) and Hong Yoo-chan (Yoo Jae-myung) are at odds, will be unveiled. Choi Myung-hee (played by Kim Yeo-jin), a  former prosecutor  will bring a  change to Wusang Law Firm . I wonder what kind of game Vincenzo would play in the fight back of the Babel Group.

"Vincenzo unintentionally adapts to Geumga Plaza," said the production team. "Please pay attention to the change in Vincenzo with the tenants of Geumga Plaza, which seemed completely out of place," he said. "From the third and fourth episodes, there will be a turning point of Vincenzo facing the reality of the huge cartel."

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring