Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

Ep.6 was fun. I lol’ed so much when Flight of the Bumblebee was played in the court. Also enjoyed when the introduction of real owner of Babel Group was made. A self introduction to be exact. JJW is a bit psychotic, really. Loving Taec in this role of his. 

Babel is surely a shameless ruthless company. Regular people would not have the ability to go up against them. I really do think they need a monster to fight Babel. Still a bit on the edge about the remaining of the episodes because we’re still a long way from finish, yet so many things happened already. Looks like JHS is going to go against his brother down the road. CMH also seemed pissed that JJW is one that she needs to serve. What else will happen in the story development? And why do I suddenly have a feeling that there might not be anything buried under the building at the end of the day? Anyone feeling the same? 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I do think that episode 6 was really about JJW. He was fine to play the hapless intern as long as things were going the way he thought they ought to, but as things seem to spin away from Babel, JJW felt the need to directly insert himself in. JJW clearly has a huge ego and seems borderline psychotic. The scene of the reveal was a bit deranged, especially the surreality to the Wusan lawyers anyway as the person they thought was Chairman deferred so excessively to JJW.

JHS is also clearly chafing at being the little brother and considered a marionette by JJW, too dumb and not worthy enough to be allowed at the adult's table. Then again, JHS is the second son by a mistress rather than the wife, so I can understand the disdain that JJW feels for his little half brother.

It occurred to me that JJW had intended to become a part of Wusang so that he could keep tabs on them, but he was probably not a nepotistic hire. JJW has a degree from Stanford Law School with good grades even if not the top of his graduating class. That probably held some cachet in being hired by Wusang. So, JJW is smart enough, but his ego will probably be his downfall. Taec is doing a good job portraying JJW, even with interspersing his Konglish in places, making it seem benign or threatening as the mood requires.

I liked the rest of the episode, and I think I'm finally warming up to HCY. Even as I understood the character arc that she has to take, I was a bit iffy about her. However, in going up against entities as dirty as Babel and Wusang, shamelessness and creativity seem to be in order, so VC and HCY are a good match. I'm not sure that I'm sold on them as a couple yet, though it's hard to resist VC's soft, deep, velvety voice or his calm yet knowing eyes. HCY is beautiful and feisty, so I'm sure the pairing will grow on me.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
22 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Especially for @Tofu

You know me so well! :heart: I love Song Joong Ki in all his pajamas scenes. They should do more of those. :laugh:

I'm a bit behind on Vincenzo, but outside of how great Song Joong Ki has been as Vincenzo, Jeon Yeo Bin is doing a phenomenal job as Hong Cha Young. I look forward to her scenes and her reactions to the people/things around her every time. 

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 2
8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

CMH also seemed pissed that JJW is one that she needs to serve.

I thought that it was because CMH prides herself on her abilities, but the case isn't going the way she planned for it to go, and now she finds out that JJW has totally put one over on her. I thought it was more that she doesn't like to be played in any way, and she probably feels played by JJW.

So, a few more thoughts.

I LOVED the sky blue Lamborghini that VC owns and drives in ep 5! It's such a distinctive and stylish car anyway, but the sky blue rather than the more traditional red or black that is used in so many movies really made an impact. I figured the production team was probably as nervous about scratching it as the Jipuragi Law Firm's associate was. LOL

I also liked the cliffhanger in ep 6, and I'm wondering why he was brought to court in handcuffs and what his surprise testimony is going to be.

The scene between VC and his mother was very moving for me. As VC walks out, you can totally tell that his mother knows that VC is her son but she doesn't feel able to claim him in any way.

I also think that VC knows that JJW is not what he seems. I'm not sure whether he's figured out JJW's role in Babel, but VC is very good at putting clues together and knows that JJW is not just a hapless intern with a marked interest in HCY.

And, as I mentioned, I'm starting to really like HCY herself. She's such a 4D personality, but that's probably what's needed for her to take on Babel and Wusang and a corrupt judge, and still try to win. She won't get brownie points for being a good little girl in the corner, for sure.

Can't wait to watch ep 7 now. This is the problem with watching during broadcast, but I don't think I can wait for it to finish broadcast to watch the rest of the episodes. :heart:

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

Episode 6 is another enjoyable episode. I like that it mixed serious stuff with humour/comedy.

How Jang Jun Woo introduces himself in the meeting room, gosh, is he a narcissist? Regardless of him graduating from Stanford and is supposedly smart, I don't know if he has enough experience. At this point, he's relying on Wusang and I'm not seeing him coming up with any good strategies against Vincenzo, who not only also graduated from prestige university for law, but has had real life experiences in law. That's not something a freshly Stanford graduate has.

Things are going as Vincenzo's plan. He said he'd force the real Chairman out and he has forced Jun Woo to show himself to more people. It hasn't been revealed whether he figures out Jun Woo's identity yet but he definitely knows something is off with Jun Woo.

be495e9153868ed3f68a38dd45f1e92d325db1e7

LOLLL at the scene where Vincenzo told Cha Young the truth but she didn't believe him at all. I believe you, Vince, can I have 10% of that???

The flashback of V's past was a nice reveal. I even thought the boy looks like him and is good in acting. He wrenched my heart. Now I wonder the next episode where Omma seems to be in danger...? Did Jun Woo find out she's Vincenzo's mother or because her case was linked to Babel? I always wonder if her case was linked to Babel because they mentioned some chaebol family. I think it does (perhaps Jun Woo's father?) and if Omma was murdered by Babel (Jun Woo) then Vincenzo who was preparing to leave will have one more reason to stay back. 

Choi Myung Hee, hmmm. I am disappointed in her character. She definitely takes pride in her capability and although I didn't think she is a clean prosecutor (i.e. only goes about investigating her case in an upright manner), I had wanted to believe she isn't going to be a lawyer that uses dirty tricks and put civilians in danger.

@Tofu No PJ in episode 5-6! LOL.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

The moment I thought all the cards are already played by Vincenzo , he surprises me...

@stroppyse i do feel that vincenzo knows about JJW... and also understands his specific interest about HCY..however Vincenzo still does not feel strongly  about HCY... I do had  my own reservations about Jeon Yeo Bin's Casting and indeed asked myself why SJK is okay to be working with a rather unknown actor... Now i can see why... she is marvelous... her acting is top notch..

Makes me remember about margot robbie's audition for the wolf of wall s treet by leonardo de caprio and martin scorsese....just like I could see why they choose margot robbie... she was an invention...just like jeon yeo bin here...I am at an absolute awe... the way she is quirky and at the same time serious...absolutely commendable..

Vincenzo as a child broke my heart... the child actor was so damn good... his mother knew... she knew  that he is her son... and i kind of have feeling that he also has some connection to babel through his mother... its just that he is not aware of it... I am pretty much sure that the other son will probably team up with vincenzo...

Why do i feel that the detective will finally choose to misreport about vincenzo and thus foiling plan of babel and wusang..!

CMH ... i just can't understand her.... when she was introduced , it did not seem like a character which will turn evil... but nonetheless this hapenned...i just could not fathom her being villainious suddenly..

in all in all the absolutely best  part is the rating of Vincenzo....

On March 7, Song Joong Ki’s new drama “Vincenzo” achieved the highest viewership ratings of its run thus far. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the series scored an average nationwide rating of 11.1 percent and a peak of 12.3 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels and setting a new personal record for the drama.

“Vincenzo” also hit a new all-time high among the key demographic of viewers age 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 6.7 percent and a peak of 7.5 percent.

This  is good  news , like real good news ... for all 3 of them.... I may be a tad bit of happier for song joong ki more than the rest of two... :D probably  because of my forever love for him...

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Eps 6 was seriously so good. The women in my family are all part of SJK's harem :pandablush: and we love him and this show to bits. My sis even spreads out the episodes so that the wait isn't so long. LOL! I cannot blame them because SJK brings all he's got to the table.  While in the previous episodes  we have been treated to him being all suave & cool, we saw a new emotional side to Vincenzo  crying on the bridge. Gosh that broke my heart . Mum definitely knows he is her son. And seeing what could possibly happen to her in the preview for eps 7, I believe it will become a catalyst for VC to stay on and fight alongside CY & the folks of Geumga Plaza.

What I love too about this show is that both the protagonists and antagonists are equally as crazy and wacky employing cheap dirty tricks to outdo each other. From the courtroom scenes to the reveal of the real chairman of Babel  , I found myself laughing my head off . While it does provide the comedy ,  it also highlights how broken the justice system is in this drama . I was still wondering if Zumba Snake was truly bad before this . But it was clear in eps 6, that she has no qualms doing illegal things to get things done. I am still wondering though who it is that she keeps talking to? Is it really Mr Cosplay ? Are his "dates" actually when he meets her or get things done for her? Gosh , it would be really sad if he is indeed her spy.

Taec is fantastic in his scenes. He was switching personalities effortlessly - being a buffoon of an intern one minute to being the Chairman of Babel with a psychopathic personality the next. The last scene of him being sweet but somewhat on the edge as he spoke to CY and VC was particularly good. I am very happy that this show is giving us heroes and villains that are not just one dimensional characters. 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 hours ago, movingwheel said:

i am so stuck with vincenzo  fever  that i keep watching fan made videos  of the drama.... story is soo gripping !!!!

Please share some good ones that you see. I love this drama the most out of all that I am watching. :heart:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring