Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

I have to say the sound tracks for this drama is gold. It's in keeping with all the hi-jinks and still manages to sound classy.

I'm still behind with the episodes but I wanted to say at this point that the show seems to be going from strength to strength since the 4th one. Even with the madcap humour, there are actually quite serious concerns underpinning the storyline. The demonstration cum dance outside the court was absolutely hilarious while being exceedingly well executed and on point. This is one of those times the humour lands superbly. It's in keeping with the show's zany aspirations while saying something important about the struggles of Davids trying to defeat Goliath.

The courtroom scene was a hoot and Cha-young was right. Long before Jingapuri Law firm got involved and staged a bit of theatre, the Wusang and Babel had already made a mockery of the entire justice system. The judge who was on the take was never going to be impartial so it was just a matter of going through the motion, giving the appearance that due process was being achieved. It was a farce to begin with and so Cha-young et al only just took it up several notches to prove the point. Zumba Choi really has nothing to whine about. Happily I'm warming up to Jeon Yeo-bin. I always thought she was a competent performer but all that early over-the-top stuff didn't do it for me. However, now that she's given a lot more scope to work with, I think she's quite good. So I don't think the problem was ever her but just the writing and how she was directed.

SJK especially in those fight scenes continue to impress. I really enjoyed the slick take down of the Babel thugs in "Italian" restaurant when they were obviously raring for a fight. He does with such elegance and ease, making the goons look like school boys.

It's pleasing and delightful to see the entire Geumga Plaza community banding together to be a part of the plotting and that's including the head monk. So far we've witnessed a good use of an ensemble cast. Compared to what they were at the start where they were a hopeless looking bunch of riff raff (barely united only in their opposition to the Babel crowd), they're now growing into a team. What they really needed was the right kind of leadership who was able to harness their abilities in various crazy schemes. Vincenzo probably doesn't realise it yet being something of a loner, but he has the right kind of leadership not just because he has the ability to apply good ideas in innovative ways but because he has charisma which comes from him not being a really bad guy.

I can see the romance developing with these low-key moments and the leads certainly have the chemistry to pull it off. So far so good... they make a good team.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

2 hours ago, ssteph said:

To be honest, I am not involved in SJK's shipping world 🙂 I stay away from it. Still ok with shipping in the context for drama's story but not for real life. Sorry...

I can understand that. That’s why I only put the drama character names on the thread, coz I don’t intend to ship the RL people as well. Could still be a sensitive issue, I assume. But I just can’t help not shipping these two lawyers. They’re so cute together!! Not to mention when they’re both suited up. So sharp looking. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Zumba Choi’s character confused me initially. I was under the impression when she left the Prosecution it was because she was unhappy to be doing the dirty work of her seniors since it went against her moral compass. But now with Wusung , she has no qualms using unethical ( and illegal) means to help Babel. So I am assuming she didn’t leave the Prosecution because of her values etc but she was just fed up to be serving those men with no rewards  ( I am assuming she gets paid a lot more here in Wusung)

@40somethingahjumma I was quite worried about how Cha Young ‘s character was written & projected initially. I am fine with the humor in general, but CY was quite over the top at times . However after her father’s death , they seem to have toned her down & they balanced her scenes out more . I do like the actress as I watched her in a slice of life called Be Melodramatic , and her character was very serious there , nothing like CY at all.

@ktcjdramaam glad here our Mafia lawyers can date ! Remember Fiery Priest ? Lol! I was so sad there was no chance for romance. :pandascared:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Watch: Song Joong Ki And Kim Sung Cheol Get Embarrassed After Flirting On Camera In “Vincenzo”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1459756wpp/watch-song-joong-ki-and-kim-sung-cheol-get-embarrassed-after-flirting-on-camera-in-vincenzo

880cff29582942a585b6e4a1ddef34ac.jpeg?s=

tvN has released the behind-the-scenes video of episodes 7 and 8 of “Vincenzo.”

Spoilers

The behind-the-scenes videos shows lighter moments from set, such as Jeon Yeo Bin trying to find the right position to sleep in and the crew poking good-natured fun at her “for trying to look pretty while sleeping.” (She goes for a comedic position in the end.) Song Joong Ki plays soccer with some kids in a field, while 2PM’s Taecyeon impresses the whole crew with how he can gulp down an entire water bottle in a single take. Later, Taecyeon and Kwak Dong Yeon play some table football and Taecyeon gets competitive, saying, “I feel like people who are really good at this can move the handles really fast.”

Much of the video focuses on the special appearance from Kim Sung Cheol, who starred with Song Joong Ki in tvN’s “Arthdal Chronicles.” Kim Sung Cheol plays Hwang Min Sung, the CEO of a bank whom Song Joong Ki’s character, Vincenzo Cassano, is attempting to seduce in order to derail the bank’s deal with Babel Group.

Unlike his character, Kim Sung Cheol is more shy than Song Joong Ki when it comes to filming flirtatious scenes. He also gets embarrassed when Song Joong Ki brings their cheeks together to share the warmth of heat packs. Kim Sung Cheol gets Song Joong Ki’s permission before filming a touchy-feely scene (Song Joong Ki’s response: “Do whatever you’re comfortable with!”) and goes for it, but adds at the end, “I’m not touching because I like to touch!” (The crew’s response: “Of course, of course.”)

Meanwhile, the entire cast and crew won’t let Jeon Yeo Bin live as she comments, “That’s so pretty” while monitoring her hug scene with Song Joong Ki and a crew member quips, “Are you calling yourself pretty?” She retorts, “Everything is pretty but me!” (In subtitles, the crew amends, “Of course our Cha Young [Jeon Yeo Bin’s character name] is the prettiest.”)

• Like 5

@abs-oluteM i am getting into this kind of realization that Prosecutor Choi is really really really corrupted...

@ssteph vincenzo is not soemone who will get into a competition just to prove he can eat chillies....lol...it is out of his character.... i am sure they will reveal some sort of ulterior motive behind it...

• Like 5

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@ssteph she initially designed two but due to mine and @abs-oluteM request , she designed one more.... I just dont know whether i won't be asking for more from her if next episodes become better than before.... i am sure both @Tofu and @stroppyse will approve it :P :D 

this series keeps throwing balls at me... what can i do??

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Zumba Choi’s character confused me initially. I was under the impression when she left the Prosecution it was because she was unhappy to be doing the dirty work of her seniors since it went against her moral compass. But now with Wusung , she has no qualms using unethical ( and illegal) means to help Babel. So I am assuming she didn’t leave the Prosecution because of her values etc but she was just fed up to be serving those men with no rewards  ( I am assuming she gets paid a lot more here in Wusung)

Same thoughts here. I was thinking she might just be a grey character at first. But now I have no sympathy for her. Especially after that last one she had to remind HCY of her father’s death, when she herself was the one who ordered the kill. Beyond redemption.

The acting of JYB during that scene was daebak! We could see the tears and fury in her eyes, no tears rolled down though, yet she maintain calmness and was collected as she declared war on Babel. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama i think jeon yeo bin is an invention of this year .... she is a marvelous actor.... Cha Young as a character can be really whacky but at the same time dead serious about whatever she is doing.... and JYB is point on portraying that...

Initially i had questions like why SJK chose to act with rather unknown face.... also i was under the impression that since name of  drama is Vincenzo so SJK will have lot of screen tiem and probably we won't need that much focus on lead actress...

But she literally stood out .... its like margot robbie... she was given very very less screenspace in the wolf of wall street but she stood out like an enigma ... even martin scorsese and leonardo de caprio could not stop going gaga over her performace...!

and the next blockbuster she bags is a quentin tarrantino film.... i see that kind of potential in jeon yeo bin...

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

45 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

@ssteph she initially designed two but due to mine and @abs-oluteM request , she designed one more.... I just dont know whether i won't be asking for more from her if next episodes become better than before.... i am sure both @Tofu and @stroppyse will approve it :P :D 

this series keeps throwing balls at me... what can i do??

Gold bars badge :lol: 

We still have 12 episodes :smug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I do love the fashion in this drama. At least the stylist(s) here chooses styles that flatters the cast.

Article KoreaPortal

From TAG Heuer To Breitling: Song Joong-ki Flaunts Luxury Watches In 'Vincenzo'

BY JON AGUSTIN / MAR 18, 2021 05:39 AM EDT

South China Morning Post has revealed details about the timepieces that Song Joong-ki and his character, Vincenzo Cassano, wears in the hit Korean drama. 

There are several watches featured in the series, from contemporary to classic styles. The brands included Hublot, Zenith, TAG Heuer, Breitling, and so much more. He has previously worn Breitling in "Descendants of the Sun," the series where he co-starred with his ex-wife, Song Hye-kyo. 

One of the stylish watches is the Zenith Chronomaster El Primero, known for its iconic multi-hued dial. It features a black leather strap. It was in 1969 when Zenith launched the El Primero, spearheading the integrated automatic chronograph revolution. Yet, it is Breitling that gets most screen time in "Vincenzo." 

The Breitling spotted in the crime series is its Navitimer B01 Chronograph 46 offered in two-tone, with a gold bezel set against the bracelet and stainless steel case. 

Song Joong-ki is also seen in funny yet awkward moments with his co-actor Kim Sung-cheol who both gets embarrassed when flirting at the camera on "Vincenzo." Korea Portal is right at the action. 

The behind-the-scenes videos reveal the lighter moments in the production, including Yeo-bin Jeon attempting to find her right position to sleep and the crew making fun of her for "trying to look pretty while sleeping." 

Song Joong-ki, during his spare time, would play soccer with children, while 2PM's Taecyeon impresses the staff with his life hacks. Taecyeon and Kwak Dong-Yeon also play table football, with Taecyeon getting competitive. He said, "I feel like people who are really good at this can move the handles really fast."

Kim Sung-cheol is in for his special appearance in "Vincenzo." The actor, who has also starred with Song Joong-ki in "Arthdal Chronicles" on tvN, plays bank CEO Hwang Min Sung who Song Joong-ki's character, Vincenzo Cassano, tries to lure in order to derail the bank deals of their villain, the Babel Group. 

------------------

If I had it my way @ssteph @movingwheel I will have many VC badges. :MewWave: kkkk ...I can feel the other staff members are going to  kill me ...ahahahah. 

Woot VC is number 1!

https://lovekpop95.com/2021/03/18/top-10-trending-in-netflix-korea/

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself