Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

@ssteph @Chocolate i don't think it means anything as far as Vincenzo drama is concerned but yes it was tribute to arthdal.... The last scene was basically this pigeon flying out in arthdal ... Its a shame shane shame that they are not shooting for arthdal... But yes this pigeon finally reached saya... Lol..

• Haha 6

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

I didn’t watch Arthdal but I have noticed the blue thing on the pigeon. I had thought it’s a letter/message from someone for Vince... so when he opened the window and told the pigeon to just not coo if pigeon really wants to stay, I had hoped he would notice it and take the pigeon in, hahaaa

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I read in translated Naver comments that when viewers feel like if  things won't go well or they might be thrown under the bus by the writer , they  use this phrase about being served sweet potatoes or having to eat sweet potatoes. Maybe @stroppyse can give us some background as to why. 

I know in Cantonese if someone eat potatoes, metaphorically  it has a negative meaning too.

not a native like @stroppyse but from what I've watched so far in variety shows or other dramas, the term sweet potatoes (고구마 read goguma) is used to describe or express the frustration that you have all over your body. Eating sweet potatoes too fast will make your throat dry or even chokes up because of it. Like it got stuck and can't be digested easily. Feeling frustrated give the similar feelings while eating sweet potatoes too fast or eating in a big amount in a short time. 

Hopes it helps a little :)

I'm afraid that the hell will break loose when JW found out about VC's mom and tried to harm her. :psweatduck:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 6

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I didn’t watch Arthdal but I have noticed the blue thing on the pigeon. I had thought it’s a letter/message from someone for Vince... so when he opened the window and told the pigeon to just not coo if pigeon really wants to stay, I had hoped he would notice it and take the pigeon in, hahaaa

Considering the comic background tone during the scene..it certainly is not any message for Vincenzo...that I can tell.. :D

It was simply a tribute to his character in arthdal because if you notice the name Vincenzo gave to pigeon , is the same name that pigeon had in arthdal ...

arthdal is trending in india today...i am soo happy

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Thanks @LaLa for the explanation.

-------------

SPOILERS! ( sorry just couldn't wait for NF)

I know from this twitter handle that VC is gonna use the Mafia way to get back at Babel.

But this was hilarious...kkkkk...Wusung boss and HS gonna team up since both are scared of Babo?

Spoiler

Oh no Mr Cho...:pandawhat: . He's betraying VC right? Who is he writing to?

Here I am looking for romance crumbs...sad sad...Is VC still planning to leave ? @ssteph what does the twitter handle say?

Our hot mafia is falling hard for her 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

Thanks @ssteph :pandablush:

So Babo now knows that VC's actual identity as a mafia. I bet you he is even more excited as this psycho will probably find it as a challenge

Spoiler

So here it seems VC planned to lure the real killer out , but he was going to fight on his  own?

Spoiler

I have to say, I always love VC's fight scenes. But wow guns were used , SK has very strict gun laws if I remember correctly

This scene is beautifully done ( look at snow falling softly)...she ran to hug him & he hugged her back ( this is a much romance as we will get LOL!) . She was worried thinking something would happen to him. 

Most important spoiler is definitely this one. VC tells CY he knows who Babo is.

Spoiler

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

2 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@abs-oluteM i have a feeling that vincenzo will not give away jang jun woo immediately..... i think i could say more clearly if i can understand preview..

Is there a preview somewhere? None in Netflix.

I wonder if Vince really knows who Babo is. Too early for that isn't it? The cliffhanger could just be teasing us with the BGM but maybe next episode, it's gonna just be something comedic, like Vince asking why is JJW here.

I am worried for our GG's tenants... Don't want any more of the innocents to die please. When they take part with the video making. They only covered their faces but not their clothes. Easily identifiable. But  of course I cannot deny the importance of united-is-power principle.

This episode is a bit slow, love the fighting scenes of Vince though...

@abs-oluteM Mr.Cho is only submitting an anonymous report that there is an illegal temple in GGP. Perhaps hoping it will speed up the gold retrieving plan. Because he saw that Vince is delaying in getting the monks to move out and get the gold, so he didn't want to wait and went into action himself. I guess at the end of the day, money does rot a person. He knew he couldn't get the gold by himself, that he needed Vince but he also cannot wait anymore for Vince to take action.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

21 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Episode 9 - why do they keep eating sweet potatoes? 😆

It's to signify that they aren't able to make progress and are encountering difficulties. VC is being blocked from removing the tenants from the building so that he can get his gold. VC and HCY are being stymied in their efforts against Babel.

In Korean, sweet potatoes signify frustration because eating a roasted sweet potato, especially without a drink of some kind, can mean bits of potato get stuck in your throat.

Cider (meaning 7-up, Sprite, or any other lemon-lime soda drink) which is the other side of that adage is like drinking something refreshing that goes down your throat easily. So, it means that things are going well and happening easily.

add: Just saw @LaLaalready responded to this, so pretty much what she said. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Ep 11 Preview translation

VC: Since they are hunting dogs who don’t seem to be very eager, I wanted to give them a chance.
JJW: How is it that all three of you were defeated!
VC: Since beings like you have no ability for self-reflection nor feel any empathy. If you’re afraid, go ahead and run away.
JW: I’m not running away. Go ahead and try again to kill me.
CMH: Why don’t you take the easy way? There is a way to chase him out.
VC: If you let me go, there will be a lot that you will gain.
JHS: Do you think I can do it?
VC: When you’re fighting the enemy, you target the enemy’s favorite hunting dog.

Not sure if VC tells HCY who Babo is, but VC definitely knows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Awesome 1

Thanks @ktcjdrama for the explanation. Looks like VC’s priority is no longer his gold :lenny:

Thanks @stroppyse for the explanations & translation preview. Now I understand why they use the word cider ! 

Drama hits a ratings high 11.375%:Party02:

• Like 5
  • Party! 1

1 hour ago, movingwheel said:

@stroppyse thank you so much for translation... 

@abs-oluteM for every sunday this drama hits 11 percent and for Saturday its 9 percent....i am not sure why... 

Saturday there’s competition from SBS Penthouse plus people also go out . It’s quite normal for most dramas . It’s the same for KBS weekend dramas too 

• Like 7

Thanks @LaLa and @stroppyse for explaining about sweet potatoes.

20 hours ago, ssteph said:

Wow!!! Choco, you have sharp eyes... 

I tried to find pics on Twitter. Yes, blue ribbon

That's because I would want to kill that bird too if it was cooing while I was sleeping! 😂

Doesn't Han Seo look a bit worried here?

[Edit: Oh no! Just realised I misread this as "I think HE might be smarter...". Thought Vincenzo was trying to "out" him - that HS was worried JJW would realise he was smart enough to be plotting against him. Actually he was just offended that they thought he was stupid 😂 Ignore this post!]

8ReHBXU.png

8GY9elt.png

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6