Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

@abs-oluteM they have some sweet scene together.... but no ... no romance.... not yet....

This episode only showed that how the villains were once again triumphant at it....but then again i think it was needed to bring out the Beastly  side of Vincenzo.... that conversation of breaking the promise will happen tomorrow and vincenzo will not play by rules....hong cha young gives her blessings..

Jang Jun Woo knows about vincenzo being consigliere in italy.... one of the best to be precise...

there is a very sweet and meaningful conversation between vincenzo and hong cha young,... that totally made sense.... and it really touched my heart...

regarding performances , all three of them are killing it.... totally...

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

On 3/16/2021 at 6:01 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@LaLa come post & earn some money. 10 points per post till end of this week.

Thanks for the reminder. Sadly these days I was burned out from work that I barely watch any dramas on weekdays. And I spend most of Saturday hibernating ;;

But I watched ep 7 and 8 and had fun! The doctor couples who fight in the middle of court are so fun. And ep 8. Waah I need more Vincenzo in casual clothing instead of suit. Oh I don't mind seeing him in suits everytime, especially when he rode that black horse xD In casual clothes (for the amusement park dating) he looks cute and lovable! 

When the young bank's president mentioned that he is afraid of zombies, I found a glint in Vincenzo eyes. I knew that he would recruit the help of Geumga Plaza residents to make him scared to death. 

I am amazed with Jeon Yeo Bin eyes acting at the end of ep 8. She was making fun of Lawyer Choi and even dancing to it but the moment her father's name got mentioned in a second her eyes harden and became cold. She did a really great job there! 

Looking forward to ep 9 and 10. I guess they will soon the real identity of the Chairman of Babel is Joon Woo?

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Gimmeeee spoilers please.....did they kiss or not? Or did the romance take off?

:laugh: patience dear... it's only ep.9 of 20...

Yeah, I like the nickname Babo too... so smart the writer, haha... oooh, but that Babo is scaaaaaary. He kills people off without any hint of fear at all, or hesitation. A violent kill at that. I really didn't see that coming. He definitely thinks he is above the law. Real psychopath. Everyone can only cower in fear. But also, he seems to be real upset that HCY is getting closer and closer to Vincenzo. Does he really like her? But I remembered in one episode, he ordered someone to take care of HCY.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

20 minutes ago, ssteph said:

How long will they tease us? Hahaha...

Well, in 16-episode dramas, usually it happens in ep.8, or 12... That's like halfway mark, or 3/4 way. So for us maybe ep.10, or ep.15? Haha.... don't take my words though. For all we know, with this covid thing, they might just skip the whole kissy-kissy stuff, sigh... I am happy just seeing them gaze and smile at each other.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Ew79mS0VcAEhviJ?format=jpg&name=large

source: Tukkata Mickie

↑ Will this be the next badge candidate? :laugh:

Them having goguma is making me want to have goguma. 

A few thoughts:

72f9aafaa486f87f591e309ded68e75e409a8299

• Looks like Jang Han Seo is not as meek as we thought. Is he planning something to frame Jun Woo for introducing the new narcotic drug Babel could use? I'm also starting to wonder why Han Seo need to be scared of Jun Woo when he is the face of Babel, the legal CEO and seems like even on (legal?) paper, Jun Woo is non-existent in the family register? The fake picture and name is Jang Han Seok (Henry Jang). Kwak Dong Yeon also makes a really good villain.

• Is Babel wanting to sell RDU-90 in South Korea only or plans to distribute to the world? Haven't humans learnt anything from the Opium Wars in China? The Westerners introduced opium to control China, toppling its economy and steal lands. Jun Woo would really be babo for wanting to turn Korea into a land of pain-killers, that's equivalent to paralysing and weakening the country. You don't make your own country into a land of drug addicts, you make other countries into a land of drug addicts. :idk:

• From this episode, it doesn't look like the Mum knows Vincenzo is her son.

• Was the guy who Vincenzo check his pulse the Prosecutor? It was too dark to tell.

• So the Geumga Plaza resident couple really are good with fighting and they were not pretending. But why were they hiding their identities (ex-wrestlers?).

• I was swooning at SJK sleeping on the floor in PJ again hahaha. Plus that scene had some really nice subtle acting from Joong Ki too, when Vincenzo was asked whether he kills. The eyes acting was 👏🏻

Vincenzo pulling necktie series:

Spoiler

06c8d5be9c31fab5f443908ad0d7874a716080da

df05c32f3e191743d1b7ca4503166412b2d7309d881534530949958c13be78e7a771353df29fd769307e802846917061a16c966c6c4ddc3fa6e67fb4fe7e42394211033615caa2530766d29da306d472f959fae2b0f90c65243288d75ec8a32e376603c07fcb03e2c3000b4620d3db2234f6995457a5fead92e5ca238a58112803238378fd6c6e76270ca137038b39fd1e0b89a17b709fedde4bddb987ccb2c93d7ea50ecddc9526ed8645b40c2791e6dbd04fec

source: mostlykate

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 5

First off I laughed my head off when even the monks wanted in on the gold, though they did say it would be all donated. Looks like everyone is still looking even the NIS agent. And it seems the piano teacher is beginning to suspect where the gold is seeing that VC wanted to relocate the monks. The tenants for now have agreed to work together and to split the gold , but this may not last since every man will want more for himself. 

Anyway it seems that Director Gil ( the doc who was with Babel) has decided to spill the beans to the Prosecutor but JW did call him . He tells JW he will keep quiet if JW wires him $30m! JW pretends to agree but well this isn't going to end well for Gil .

VC finds out that the mum had Stage 3 cancer when she gave him up for adoption -so he realises she perhaps had no choice then. CY went to see the mother . VC followed her , and got all worked up when the mum was not taking the painkiller she needed & not eating her meals. It baffled both CY and the mum why he was so angry as he scolded the doctors for not properly treating the patients. 

JW set up a meeting for Han Seo and the prosecutors . JW wasn't happy that the prosecutors were so condescending to HS that later on JW arranged for the prosecutors to be kidnapped to a deserted warehouse. Later JW in helmet ( he hasn't revealed himself yet) comes in and whacks one of the prosecutors to death in front of HS , CMH and the other Wusung boss.  I am shocked even I shouldn't be, given that he killed his own father. The Chief Prosecutor Hwang is now so scared for his own life and will have to do JW's bidding as shown by the arrest of the bank presidents.  You can see the other Wusung boss is already feeling bad that JW has crossed the line, though CMH is too far gone to be redeemed. 

Did JW really send those masked men to CY and VC's place? In VC's case it is possible , but would he also want to injure CY? I know that VC says the intention wasn't to kill CY but to hurt her but I am still under the impression JW likes CY . It   must have annoyed him to see her in VC's house when they did the video call. Anyway thanks to the intruders, we got to see the favourite co-habitation trope used in many dramas. Not complaining since it is clear that both are pretty comfortable with each other. Her innocent questions about whether he has taken any lives as a mafia is also bothering him , so I take that as a positive sign of his budding feelings for her.

As the episode progressed JW and Babel seems to be edging forward. The arm twisting of the bank presidents brought in the funding that Babel needed , and agreement with some American pharma ( Taec's English was legit good here!) meant that the pain killer that CY's dad had fought so hard to bring down will be made after all. JW is also aware of CY and VC working or getting information from a prosecutor. The prosecutor had finally agreed to help them ,and CY/VC wanted to launch a sting operation to get Director Gil to tell them who the real boss of Babel is. But by the time they got there it was too late. JW killed off Gil. The saddest bit though was the death / suicide of the victims of Babel who could not take the fact that Babel cannot seem to be defeated. I am wondering if they really took their own lives. 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did JW really send those masked men to CY and VC's place? In VC's case it is possible , but would he also want to injure CY?

It was JHS who sent the masked men to both CY and VC place. He told Babo about it at the dining table, that he wanted to help "lift some burden" off, and Babo became angry at him. 

Taec's English was legit good here!

Haha, he lived in the States for many years with his family when younger. That's why his English is very good. 

The saddest bit though was the death / suicide of the victims of Babel who could not take the fact that Babel cannot seem to be defeated. I am wondering if they really took their own lives.

I believe it was only made to look like suicide, because it was immediately followed by Choi enjoying her food (similar to when she ordered the hit on CY's dad) and Babo's dance of victory. The text was sent as a suicide note but it could easily be done by the killer. Vince saw the burned coal and he understood it's a message of revenge for the warehouse/factory explosion.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but here is a translation of the pre-view clip. Love VC and HCY bickering for any reason.

VC: Is it respectful to wear your shoes and come in or not?
HCY: Sorry! Just for today.
VC: Couldn’t you please just go home? How many days has it been now?
HCY: The glass hasn't been put in yet.
VC: The glass has been put in. As soon as it was done, I immediately got a text message. Did you forget that I had ordered it?
HCY: Oh, that’s right. (looking up at VC) Then why did you pretend not to know?
VC: Rather than that I was pretending not to know… Why do you keep coming over to my house anyway?
HCY: Because I was worried!
VC: About what?

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

All JH Points from the Vincenzo Event have now been distributed! Time to go buy at least 1 of the 3 Vincenzo badges made for the Event! Please DM me if you feel as if your point total awarded was incorrect.

No surprise that @ssteph, our fearless leader on this thread and the SJK appreciation thread is the mega points winner! @movingwheeltook second place and @abs-oluteMtook third.

Thanks again to everyone who participated! Let's enjoy this drama until the very end!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
20 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

@stroppyse thank you for points and translation Jennifer...you are the best...

I didn't quite understand who yuri is though....

Sorry. This is what I get for translating out of context. YuRi is a girl's name, but it also means "glass". Given that HCY is holding a rock in her hand, was a glass window in VC's office broken or something? Anyway, I've edited my translation to reflect that. Now, I have to just watch the episode so that I can get some context to the conversation. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

It was JHS who sent the masked men to both CY and VC place. He told Babo about it at the dining table, that he wanted to help "lift some burden" off, and Babo became angry at him. 

Wow! Ktcjdrama~ thanks for explaining. I finally understand this part 😅

@movingwheel I'll post here if I find Eng trans related to Vincenzo from Twitter/IG

@stroppyse thanks for the points and opportunity to earn points from this event 😁

•••

Still cuts for episode 10

2021032201001610200103951_20210321135851

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003705956

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

• So the Geumga Plaza resident couple really are good with fighting and they were not pretending. But why were they hiding their identities (ex-wrestlers?).

The husband has repeatedly said that he is good in martial arts. Ep 9 finally we can see his ability even though it's clumsy hahaha. The wife, I think she is a former weight lifters from the way she lifted the intruder and bang them down on the floor.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did JW really send those masked men to CY and VC's place?

I think the one who did it was Han Seo. That's why Joon Woo was angry at him when he told about it over breakfast. When he arrived at Wusang he checked about Cha Young's well being and found out that she's staying at Vincenzo's place. I think he got a crush on her, that's why he's trying so hard to make her giving up on Babel's case. He didn't want to hurt her. But I guess later on his psychopath sides will win and hurt Cha Young in the end. By killing her father too is already a big blow for her. 

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Sorry. This is what I get for translating out of context. YuRi is a girl's name, but it also means "glass". Given that HCY is holding a rock in her hand, was a glass window in VC's office broken or something? Anyway, I've edited my translation to reflect that. Now, I have to just watch the episode so that I can get some context to the conversation. :)

This referring to the glass window. CY was attacked on her home and during the fight, the intruder broke the glass as a distraction so that they can escape. Hope I don't spoil it much to you since you haven't watched ep 9.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

40 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Episode 9 - why do they keep eating sweet potatoes? 😆

LOL!  It was hilarious  that today's running gag is sweet potatoes. Poor sweet potatoes - I actually love sweet potatoes! Especially sweet potato fries 

Spoiler

sweetpotatofries.jpg

I read in translated Naver comments that when viewers feel like if  things won't go well or they might be thrown under the bus by the writer , they  use this phrase about being served sweet potatoes or having to eat sweet potatoes. Maybe @stroppyse can give us some background as to why. 

I know in Cantonese if someone eat potatoes, metaphorically  it has a negative meaning too.

Thanks @ktcjdrama @LaLa for the explanations. Ahhhh it makes sense now why VC said the intruders that came to his house & CY's were sloppy. I think Babo  would be a lot more meticulous in what he does. Babo would not want to harm CY as well. ( Yes , I will call him Babo from now!)

@ssteph I think that twitter handle could be right. I was hoping that HS would work with VC/CY, but I think he is going to plan his own revenge against Babo given the latest developments. 

@mademoiselle I thought of you as soon as I saw the pyjamas. The latest ones look lovely. Wonder if they are silk.

Thanks for the translations and for counting the points @stroppyse:heart:

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself