Vincenzo 빈센조 [2021]

ssteph

So it seems like K-NEtizens are really correct... few takeaway from today's episode...

1. Mr. Hong is probably dead... it all makes sense... Vincenzo's words where Hong Cha Young was drinking alone... she will regret eventually..

2. and i think , i think Ok Taecyon is THE BIG BAD GUY.... though Drama is yet to show that but clues are left hre and there....A) the chairman did say - "hyungnim"... B) Choi Myung Hee did say that this guy is NOT THE CHAIRMAN and biggest clue is the netflix banner... just look at the banner guys...

WDAUfSX.jpg

I cannot be more excited... :)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

2 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

So it seems like K-NEtizens are really correct... few takeaway from today's episode...

1. Mr. Hong is probably dead... it all makes sense... Vincenzo's words where Hong Cha Young was drinking alone... she will regret eventually..

2. and i think , i think Ok Taecyon is THE BIG BAD GUY.... though Drama is yet to show that but clues are left hre and there....A) the chairman did say - "hyungnim"... B) Choi Myung Hee did say that this guy is NOT THE CHAIRMAN and biggest clue is the netflix banner... just look at the banner guys...

I have 6 minutes left of today's episode. Don't want to see a cliffhanger that will make me lose sleep. But looking at what's within this episode, I also have a feeling that Mr.Hong will probably die. 

We already knew that another person is calling the shots behind Chairman Jang because of the hockey puck thing, and I agree that Taecyon could be the big bad. He keeps himself close to HCY probably following the strategy of "keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer"? He needs to know first hand what's going on. I tried to check the built of the hockey player, and it really could be him. There's one brief second with silhouette of his nose. For sure not someone old, haha....

I still don't know what to make of CMH. She is on the bad side, huh? or just a ruthless person as long as she gets to keep her cushy pay? She said two of them. One is the scientist, another must be Mr.Hong then? She is sharp though to detect that Jang is not the big shot. Btw, I laughed so much at HCY imitating her exercise routines. I guessed it, lol, that she's gonna do the exercise. 

The undercover detective(interpol?) is smart in blending into the community so fast. Pretending to be chef's apprentice. LOL...

This drama continues to be so enjoyable for every minute of it :smile:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 2/26/2021 at 7:55 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I hope they won't kill off YJM's character but it is possible because Cha Young needs a strong catalyst make her leave her cushy high paying job.

Oh my ...didn't think this would happen so fast :nervous:@movingwheel @ktcjdrama I just hope that Daddy Cha isn't dead. They can put him in a coma right? It will be good enough for Cha Young to wake up and heed her dad's advice I don't want his character to die as one of the things I have enjoyed very much is the friendship between Vincenzo and Hong Yu Chan.  

What is worse is that there is no preview

I have more to say but it's past 2 am my time....

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I don't want his character to die as one of the things I have enjoyed very much is the friendship between Vincenzo and Hong Yu Chan.

I too enjoyed their friendship a lot. But when I remember what happened in The Fiery Priest, I can only brace my heart for the worst.... Vince already found out he knew about his relations with his mother, their bond had grown stronger yet. And Vince will also need a trigger to launch a personal revenge on Babel instead of only focusing on the obtaining of gold by demolishing the building. His plan to move out the tenants to the next building will definitely not go through because he will probably stay to take over Hong’s place/office and continue the fight against Babel. But I don’t foresee HCY switching sides so early though... just like in FP, we waited so long before seeing Honey Lee finally joining the team. So maybe HCY did not believe Daddy died because of Babel? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama this is a 20 episode drama....i think mr. hong is going to die.... The actions taken by Vincenzo is really slow compared to lead actor... And song joong ki is indeed the soul and lead actor of this drama... And if you notice Mr. Hong is indeed being given a lot of attention considering SJK is main lead... That also cenents my thoughts of Mr. Hong will be dead...

The only mystery i have is cho myung hee.... I just can't fathom that she is in dark side...it just doesn't get into my head....

• Like 5

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

Ahhhh! This drama is driving me crazy, but in a good way!

I can't believe that Babel Pharma killed off the entire research team to prevent any more runaways. Wow, that's painting Babel to be very, very dark and ruthless.

I think Lawyer Hong, the father, is going to die as well. It's going to be the trigger that makes it more personal for Vincenzo, especially with the connection to his mother, and it will cause HCY to at least start questioning her representation of Babel whereas right now she's refusing to believe anything negative while insisting that there is no point in representing anyone who doesn't already have money and power since they're going to win anyway. Both HCY and Vincenzo need something to make this more personal for them, and unfortunately Hong Yu Chan's death is probably it.

5 hours ago, movingwheel said:

Oh wow! I hadn't thought that at all, but that would make sense in terms of the casting. So far, Taec has really not been given anything to do in this drama as a fumbling intern seemingly with a crush on HCY.

4 hours ago, movingwheel said:

The only mystery i have is cho myung hee.... I just can't fathom that she is in dark side...it just doesn't get into my head....

Choi Myung Hee feels so very dark right now, having quit being a prosecutor in order to make money. I hope that she's playing a deep game, but not sure right now that she's not just the ultimate cynic who decided she might as well make money since those in power are going to win anyway.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Preview for episode 4, with a translation.

VC: Don’t you know better than anyone? That you can’t win against Babel using ordinary means.
HCY: For raising the stakes, thank you??
JJW: Sunbae! Sunbae, if you keep this up, then I won’t see you ever again.
HCY: Why in the world did you do something like that?!
VC: That is my way. To give back as much I’ve received.
HCY: Surely, you’re not going to shoot a gun or anything like that, right?
VC: Who gave you the order?
CMH: No matter what you do, you’re in the palm of my hand, aren’t you?
JHS: If you did something wrong, then you have to pay the price.
VC: That is the mafia way.

I think Lawyer HYM is dead, and Vincenzo is going to go out for blood. And, perhaps HCY will be convinced to change sides? After reading @movingwheel's hypothesis about JJW, now I'm curious about him as well. It seems that he'll still playing the caring junior intern to HCY for the time being.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Hmm yeah, I think Hong Yoo Chan is also dead. At this point, Vincenzo is more interested in getting his gold out than really fight against Babel. He needs a "cause". The only way he's going to become a monster fighting the monster is experiencing a very impactful event. Therefore it had to be because Hong Yoo Chan dies.

I don't want Hong Yoo Chan to die too because he's a good actor, but I think he has to. In the context of the plot and character development for Cha Young, she needs a reason to be included in the story and therefore this is her reason, whether she stays at the law firm (as a spy) or quit to work at her dad's office.

I also think it is possible that Tacyeon is the big bad, particularly because at the moment his role seems insignificant but he's included in the promotion (can't just be because he's well-known only, right?).

• Like 5
9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I still don't know what to make of CMH. She is on the bad side, huh? or just a ruthless person as long as she gets to keep her cushy pay? She said two of them. One is the scientist, another must be Mr.Hong then? She is sharp though to detect that Jang is not the big shot. Btw, I laughed so much at HCY imitating her exercise routines. I guessed it, lol, that she's gonna do the exercise. 

Last night I was too sleepy to comment...but yes what is CMH's game plan?  She was obviously not happy to be used by her ex colleagues in the Prosecution Office to cover things up for dirty politicians and civil servants. Yet here she is with Wusung group defending Babel. Despite us hearing that part where she said 2 of them ( perhaps  a red herring thanks to clever editing), I  think she may be doing this because she's come to a point in her career where she no longer trusts the law to serve justice. She may see the need to play dirty to punish people  like Babel , and the "cartel"  of dirty politicians and law makers that are on the take. 

HCY's arc reminds me very much of Lee Honey's arc in the Fiery Priest. Lee Honey too was a grey character - ambitious and had no qualms using any means to win her cases. But do you remember what was the catalyst that changed her mind? I just remember at one point her superiors sent her to some small town to serve.

34 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I also think it is possible that Tacyeon is the big bad, particularly because at the moment his role seems insignificant but he's included in the promotion (can't just be because he's well-known only, right?).

ya true...TC is with So Ji Sub's agency right? I don't think he's here just as a smiling idiot in love with his sunbae. He's too big a name to be just playing a supporting character sort of role. So the theory by knets mentioned by @movingwheel above is possible. It will be excellent for his career if he can pull this off ...now he's so sweet & silly but end up he's the real monster!

Thanks for the preview translations @stroppyse. Not sure why NF doesn't include it at the end of the show 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

23 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ya true...TC is with So Ji Sub's agency right? I don't think he's here just as a smiling idiot in love with his sunbae. He's too big a name to be just playing a supporting character sort of role. So the theory by knets mentioned by @movingwheel above is possible. It will be excellent for his career if he can pull this off ...now he's so sweet & silly but end up he's the real monster!

While cutting up garlic chives (for my dumplings tonight, TMI - hahahaha) another thought hit me too. TC could also be an undercover agent. At this point, I cannot imagine TC playing villain so I opted to think an alternative would be him being an agent. Though would love to see him challenge a villain role and nail it.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3
3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

While cutting up garlic chives (hahahaha) another thought hit me too. TC could also be an undercover agent. At this point, I cannot imagine TC playing villain so I opted to think an alternative would be him being an agent. Though would love to see him challenge a villain role and nail it.

I laughed when I read you were cutting chives ( what are you making?) while thinking about the drama! 

Talking about agents, the other one who has become an apprentice for the Italian chef must be 1st time on the field...he almost blew his cover.

I swear that Vincenzo purposely annoys the Chef by saying his food sucks. Yesterday was pizza right? Lol! Oh did you see how Vincenzo was so pleased that finally someone recognises the brand of clothes he is wearing . If this isn't love or fate , what is?? :pandablush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

I laughed when I read you were cutting chives ( what are you making?) while thinking about the drama! 

Talking about agents, the other one who has become an apprentice for the Italian chef must be 1st time on the field...he almost blew his cover.

I swear that Vincenzo purposely annoys the Chef by saying his food sucks. Yesterday was pizza right? Lol! Oh did you see how Vincenzo was so pleased that finally someone recognises the brand of clothes he is wearing . If this isn't love or fate , what is?? :pandablush:

I am making chives dumplings later~ currently slaving in the kitchen. LOLLL.

Oh yeah he is obsessed with annoying the Italian chef. I think maybe because he hates the idea that the chef lied about his "italian background". Hahahahaha. In a way, I see it as he's trying to spartan train the chef to become a good italian chef (if he's even motivated since I see him sleeping away rather than sharpening his cooking skills).

That Korean agent is just there for comedy, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

While cutting up garlic chives (for my dumplings tonight, TMI - hahahaha) another thought hit me too. TC could also be an undercover agent. At this point, I cannot imagine TC playing villain so I opted to think an alternative would be him being an agent. Though would love to see him challenge a villain role and nail it.

I like that idea better as well, but it feels as if it would be a better twist to have TC be the Big Bad Villain. Also, that would take TC outside of his comfort zone rather than being the "good guy" who doesn't quite manage to stand out as he's been in so many of his dramas, even ones where he is nominally the lead.

• Like 5

I can bet ok taecyon is the big bad guy here... He seemingly has feelings for hong cha young... He does want to keep her safe... I just wanted to see how long Vincenzo takes to unleash the beast inside him... right now he is just playing the role of onlooker without any concrete plans... I also feel that he will make peace with his mother...

• Like 5

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Last night I was too sleepy to comment...but yes what is CMH's game plan?  She was obviously not happy to be used by her ex colleagues in the Prosecution Office to cover things up for dirty politicians and civil servants. Yet here she is with Wusung group defending Babel. Despite us hearing that part where she said 2 of them ( perhaps  a red herring thanks to clever editing), I  think she may be doing this because she's come to a point in her career where she no longer trusts the law to serve justice. She may see the need to play dirty to punish people  like Babel , and the "cartel"  of dirty politicians and law makers that are on the take. 

My first thought was also that she is good. Then the episode showed her seemingly authorising the assassination of the researcher and HYC. Hopefully this is editing as mentioned by abs-oluteM.

Realistically, anyone who thinks money is important will not stay in civil service for so long, especially since she is obviously capable and would have no issue getting a lucrative position in a private law firm. She is late 40s/early 50s in this drama? Plus if she was a bad guy, it would only be a secondary baddie, after the big baddie at Babel (suspected TC). So far, her role seems quite interesting (unless it is the actress who made it so). I think she may be one of the keys against Babel later. But why did Babel headhunt her?

Though I was expecting HYC to be attacked, how it happened was unexpected. I actually shouted out, which seldom happens. I like YJM - have only seen him in Stranger, Life and now here - he comes across very sincere. I hope he is only in a coma too, but highly likely he is dead. [On the side, anyone knows how supporting actors are paid? Reports only show MLs paid $X per episode but nothing on supporting cast.]

And the best scene so far! See that smack on her butt at the end lol! I wonder how many actresses can do such a scene 😂🤣

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
19 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Though I was expecting HYC to be attacked, how it happened was unexpected. I actually shouted out, which seldom happens

Omg...I shouted too - for the 1st time in a long time , I jumped . I didn't expect it at that very moment cause there were a few deaths before this , and I thought the capture of the researcher witness was the climax scene.  

Did they release any OST for this drama yet?

@stroppyse if you have time , can you see if you can translate this pre-release cut. What deal is she  proposing to Vincenzo? 
Thanks loads!

New stills

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

I am for Taec to be the bad guy :cool: He's improved much in his acting, so far in this drama very natural and convincing as the goofy intern, so I want him to try the role of a villain. 

LOL, so it was a right decision for me not to finish ep.3 late last night, or I might've jumped and screamed like you guys, waking my hubs. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama me too...it will be interesting... I whatsoever have no doubt because A) production team goofed up with media release B) Netflix poster... The silhouette was there for a reason...

@abs-oluteM Vincenzo seems to be in despair for something..

BTW Guys i too shouted when the truck was smaahing into their direction...

• Like 4

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

Wow.... Just Wow... Marvelous episode...

As predicted , Taecyeon is indeed the real baddy here.... this will be good for taecyeon's career.... real good...

Ok so Choi Myung Hee did order the killing of Mr. Hong as per the preview....and Vincenzo was to the point while scaring her off... It was good to see CMH the witty lawyer being all scared... they burnt the babel warehouse... i kind of have a hunch that this happiness is indeed short lived.... the bigger problems are indeed coming....

But I will hate like really hate to see SJK losing.... he indeed has a reputation of being totally invincible and it will be fun if it remains so... but it will amazing to see  the fight between two bad guys .... and the most important part is SJK totally catching immediately that Taecyeon is the only one who pronounced his name properly in korea...that should say something about vincenzo... i dont think Taecyeon being the big baddy will remain hidden for long from vincenzo...!!! 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

I’m so glad I stayed away from previews and threads about the drama this week so I could avoid spoilers. 
That ending of Ep 3 made me jump. I didn’t expect a truck of doom to come out of nowhere! I mean I did expect some harm to come to Lawyer Hong but I thought he was going to get stabbed by the guy who asked him for a cigarette. When he was left unharmed, I was slightly confused but didn’t expect a truck of all things since they were indoors! Goodness. Well played, drama.

I’ve just finished Ep 4 but it’s just been released so I’ll stay away from details cos spoilers! Really loved how we get our new team now. 

Spoiler

Super bummed that a likeable character was killed off, but I guess it’s kinda needed for Vincenzo to activate his avenging mode. It’s still a pity though I was really digging their chemistry.

Also, not sure if it’s just me but the ending with Nessun Dorma played as bgm and Vincenzo saying the lyrics was a little too on the nose. I think just the music would have sufficed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ohhhhhh the big bad Hyung nim , the real CEO of Babel is indeed the bumbling intern  :pandalick:
( This is actually a good move for Taecyon’s career.  He’s always played the sweet nice ML , it will be awesome if he can pull off being the villain ) 

I agree that this was indeed a fantastic eps 4. It’s sad we won’t get to see YJM - the man is just such a fantastic actor . However his death became a strong enough catalyst for Cha Young to quit Wusung, avenge him  & continue his legacy. And this lead to Cha Young approaching Vincenzo & joining hands with him . I love that dad’s assistant joins them too - who knew he was a special effects make-up artist before !  This team is gonna be quite kick ass . 

So now I’m even more confused about CMH. It does seem like she’s the one behind the accident....

• Like 3

I liked episode 4. Got over the shock of HYM's accident at the end of ep 3, so I was prepared for the start of ep 4, and I appreciated that it does become the driver for a lot of things.

HCY had the most growth in this episode. I was cheering as HCY gave her resignation after she hears about the "suicide" of the researcher, and realizes that Babel and Wusang may have had something to do with their deaths, not to mention the smear campaigns on both men. I actually felt bad for HCY in her realization that she had been doing the dirty work for the people who callously killed her father, not to mention all the researchers. HCY also learns a lesson about revenge as the guy who drove the truck who killed her father dies in prison right after they set it up to make him seem like a turncoat. So, HCY knows that she doesn't have the stomach for killing people and/or causing them to die.

It was also nice to see how HCY and VC become a team, along with HYM's assistant. It's not as explicit growth for VC, but HYM's death has become personal for him, not to mention being caught in that accident himself and the previous injury to his representative in the building ownership. Interesting that VC's Korean representative was someone that VC had known back in Italy and saved from the mafia there. Anyway, I think HCY's growing sensibilities will ultimately temper VC's mafia ways since we already know that VC has no issues with the deaths of people who try to kill him, at least.

Good episode, and I'll probably watch it again later when I have a bit of time to see what I may have missed since it had so much going on.

The preview, plus a translation underneath so that I can speak to it.

VC: It could that Chairman Jang isn’t the real Chairman after all.
HCY: Then who might be the real Chairman?
CMH: So he must be Vincenzo.
VC: We have to change the way we do our work. We have to use what we know best: the law and the court.
CMH: I’ll take charge of all cases involving Babel.
VC: This time, you have to follow my advice exactly. I’m going to give you advice on how to act truly villainously.
JJW: Sunbae. It’s difficult to keep taking it easy on you.
VC: You can’t just act as you please. There will be big trouble then.
HCY: Our goal is to keep fighting no matter what.

So, as @movingwheel said, JJW is the Big Bad and we'll see that emerge starting next episode. Hopefully, HCY figures it out fast so that she won't let him continue to hang around her.

I think that CMH is dirty in this drama. It seems that she's the one who set up HYM to be killed, or at least was complicit in it, not to mention the deaths of the researchers both by fire and the drowning "suicide". It would be a good twist if she turned out to be a good person in deep undercover after all, but there doesn't seem to be any signs of this. Rather, CMH comes across as even more ruthless than HCY's boss.

Finally, I do rather enjoy the interplay between Vincenzo and HCY. When they were in opposition, HCY could come across as being a bit screechy at times, especially when she felt offended, but I appreciate that her character is complicated, and the drama was setting her up for her evolution into being her father's daughter, one who fights against the big, powerful, shameless people. As VC and HCY start becoming a team, though, their dialogue is not so one-sided, with VC being drawn out for more than his commands and cryptic asides.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2