1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

The scene where he begs his mum to let him stay out (despite him actually living alone in Seoul) just shows how much a child he still is, and him not understanding why she wanted her face covered reveals how naive he is and so not ready for the world she lives in.

Glad to read your post . Pls take care. With regards to this , I was quite bugged by it too . Hence I’m wondering where does he stand in the larger scheme of things for her.  Am curious if things can work out for 2 people in very different stations in life 

@mademoiselle the last sequence in  the BTS had the best kiss & angle :Ghastlel:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

LOLLL is this long enough girls?

Lovely :love: 

I agree the last sequence was the best :wow:

I wish they will show them scooting down lower to lying down though 😁... So, they actually wanted to film it by lying side by side, but I am glad they changed it to sitting side by side. More natural of them hanging out together. It will be weird if suddenly they’re already lying side by side. And the staff had to clear all those books from the shelves to get a different angle shot 😝

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I like this pairing so much I am on the edge already of shipping them 😅 I think they look so matching and are cute together. I have seen a lot of SSK’s dramas and this is the co-star that I approve. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 1/29/2021 at 8:55 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Because of this, we should assume the kiss went on to over 19 stuff, shouldn’t we? 😁 The bed is definitely so very cozy, I still want to complain the kiss scene is too short though!!

hahahaha... I think considering he didn’t go back to YH’s apartment that night, and she very clearly wasn’t asking him over to eat, it certainly was not for minors behind those closed doors. Have to say though, they moved quite quickly up the scale from PG13. I just want to see how seriously he will butt heads with his dad. It does look like the rest of the family are ready to go against dad too. Will mum finally be a mother to her kids? And another point of curiosity - is mum independently rich? Is the hotel owning grandfather maternal or paternal?

An aside - Siwan has a very nice voice! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I like this pairing so much I am on the edge already of shipping them 😅 I think they look so matching and are cute together. I have seen a lot of SSK’s dramas and this is the co-star that I approve. 

Me too...I also approve ISW...seems like a genuinely nice guy. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Just finished Ep14. Seems like the drama is about to finish up.

DA and YH seems to be going well. Im liking it.

Slightly...ONLY SLIGHTLY that i feel bad for TW and who the family treats him.

MJ and SG ..... im hoping for a happy ending but I dunno....there maybe be another obstacle in the way for them once more....

YH's bestie YJ, i feel like theres something else troubling him or theres another hidden agenda due to the way he acts.

Oh but that takes me back to Ep13...that scene in the cafe where thers a 4 way brawl out onto the streets and SG and MJ just stand there starin at each other and its all in slow mo. Then u see the 4 guys battling it out with SE standing close screaming HAHAHAHAHAH sooo good.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

3 hours ago, TRaNz said:

YH's bestie YJ, i feel like theres something else troubling him or theres another hidden agenda due to the way he acts.

Do you think it is what DanA says...that the bestie has romantic feelings for YH? 

------------------------

Guess what crazy thing I did....:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Do you think it is what DanA says...that the bestie has romantic feelings for YH? 

------------------------

mmmmm, i thought about that comment but half the time I cant take the stuff that comes out of DA's mouth seriously. LOL.

You may be right though, thinking back how he wanted to go aboard with YH to study or something.

But also how he used to live with YH but no longer does since SG moved in......oooooo....you got me thinking differently now @abs-oluteM ... nioocceeeeeeee

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

For sure YH's best friend has romantic feelings for him. It's just YH that's oblivious and clueless about it, but as long as he has YH seemingly to himself, he was ok with it being absolutely one-sided, which is kinda sad. Not a way to live life at all. He's obviously jealous that SG has moved in and YH's circle is expanding beyond him. Tough. He's starting to hate. You can see it in his eyes.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
6 hours ago, gilaswan said:

For sure YH's best friend has romantic feelings for him. It's just YH that's oblivious and clueless about it, but as long as he has YH seemingly to himself, he was ok with it being absolutely one-sided, which is kinda sad. Not a way to live life at all. He's obviously jealous that SG has moved in and YH's circle is expanding beyond him. Tough. He's starting to hate. You can see it in his eyes.

@mademoiselle @gilaswan I thought so too. But then , maybe @TRaNz being a guy may see it differently so suddenly I was wondering if I had overread it. It is possible that the drama could troll us as well. :shocked:.

This is too cute not to post. Kang Tae Oh being the maknae here (he's 26 years old ,  ISW is 32 and the ladies are 30) almost forgot the name of the his costars! 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

That clip of Kang Tae Oh! It reminds me of their promo videos they all did together. He's such a character himself. :laugh:

I also think that the best friend might have a one-sided crush on LYH too. I wonder if that's why he drinks, because he knows that LYH would allow him to sleep over? 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

BTS of our cute DanHwa couple 

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

That clip of Kang Tae Oh! It reminds me of their promo videos they all did together. He's such a character himself. :laugh:

He’s got very cute gif-able expressions. He’s got that you can’t get angry with him face 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/28/2021 at 4:55 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Because of this, we should assume the kiss went on to over 19 stuff, shouldn’t we? 😁 The bed is definitely so very cozy, I still want to complain the kiss scene is too short though!!

The implication is that they spent the night together blissfully. Makes sense since they are young, physical, and in love with each other.

On 1/28/2021 at 10:14 PM, mademoiselle said:

LOLLL is this long enough girls?

Definitely longer on the kiss scenes. Thanks! LOL.

Actually, it's interesting to see how much is scripted, and how much is the actors working out what their characters would do. The OTP got a lot of direction on their recline, the swoop in for the kiss, and their hand placements. However, the actual kissing was left to the actors to do.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:59 PM, ktcjdrama said:

There is something rather comfortable and sweet about SSK and ISW together. SSK is a prolific actress, and I haven't always liked her pairing with her co-stars, though some of that may be that I didn't like the drama, but I thought the chemistry between her and her co-star was a part of the problem in those dramas.

I think that her pairing here with ISW may be one of my favorites of hers to date.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
20 hours ago, Tofu said:

I also think that the best friend might have a one-sided crush on LYH too. I wonder if that's why he drinks, because he knows that LYH would allow him to sleep over? 

Definitely agree that the friend is crushing on YH, with YH being oblivious to it. The dynamic reminds me a bit of Yoon Yoon Jae and Kang Joon Hee's relationship in Reply 1997. JH had a crush on YJ for the longest time without YJ being aware of it. Though when YJ does become aware of it, I think he handled it well given that JH was still YJ's best friend.

I admit that I'm having a hard time rooting for DA and YH, though. I may have missed something, but DA has finished university, started her own business, and is holding her own in the family corporate politics somehow. YH is still at university, and looking to study overseas for awhile. This couple is so far apart in where their lives are right now. Perhaps, their romance could turn serious after a time jump - enough time for YH to become fully grown up and independent, and for DA to sort out the demons in her life and/or take over the family corporation instead of her jerk brother who is clearly less competent than she is.

As for DA's little brother TW, I think he's jealous of DA's preference for YH. It doesn't feel salacious or anything, just a combination of protective little brother who also craves his sister's love since that is the only familial attention that he's ever gotten. Plus, both DA and TW may be afflicted with the same genetic disease? TW's role has been pretty minimal at this point, but I assume that he'll play a pivotal role in developments, possibly in DA taking over the family empire by voting his shares with her, despite the brother's efforts to intimidate him.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

For some reason... and it seems to be just me... I found both Episodes 13 and 14 rather unconvincing in the way that they played out especially with regards to the primary romance. Frankly, the movements of Episode 14 seemed to have rendered the end of 12 and almost all of 13 fillery or unnecessary for Seon-gyeom and Mi-joo. The angst feels redundant almost. As someone who has generally enjoyed this show and the whimsical aspects of it, I suspect that trying to maintain the light touch while deploying (unnecessarily) makjang tropes took the show off kilter. As disparate parts, the episodes are fine but putting them together something feels out of sync. A big part of it IMO has to do with the fact that there's an underlying assumption that there's not a lot of places for the romance to go and for some reason the writer resorted to the "break-up" to either slow things down before the big climax or to highlight certain things about the OTP's personalities. There was nothing that the show did for SG and MJ in those sequence of events that we didn't already know. There was a lot of clever dialogue admittedly and other people got a chance to shine but the shift in emphasis seemed more jarring than helpful.

After giving this a bit of thought, a potential fanfic popped into my head. I would have done the end of Episode 12 and the entirety of Episode 13 and maybe even 14 differently. Instead of Assemblyman Dad confronting Mi-joo  directly and make her cry, a more Machiavellian thing to do would be to engage a third party to offer her a job as an interpreter/translator interstate or overseas. Because that dilemma would be real. The temptation to succumb would be real. She might take the job because it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and then the break-up. After all she's consistently said that her job is really important to her and that she values herself. The scenario will really put an independent working woman to the test. And it's not ridiculously makjang. More importantly it's consistent with the rest of the storyline.

On hindsight the problem I have with 13 is that the stakes weren't high enough to warrant a faux break-up which is also probably why they came back together so quickly. I'm not sure that those episodes did Mi-joo any favours in her characterization although she had some nice moments with other supporting characters. For me, it was so obviously a plot device and that's probably why it's disappointing. It also diminished the positive impact of their reconciliation which is the part I regret the most.

We're entering the final act now and this is where most K dramas go wobbly for me. I will concede that the next couple of episodes could change the way I think about the last two. I certainly hope so. After what happened in the last 3 episodes, I can understand why DN and YH works better for some people because her development seems to have a lot more meat to it.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Always love reading @40somethingahjumma's reflections, and now that I've had the chance to watch the past couple of episodes in a continuous flow, I agree that a number of events in the story flow have become disjointed - the narrative does seem a bit off kilter and I'm not sure if it was deliberate (unlikely), or that this is yet another case of "the curse of the 16-episode kdrama structure". While KSG did seem quite so heartbreakingly pitiful in the back hug scene, I wasn't quite sure if they had broken up to begin with, or if dad's "threat" was enough for OMJ to react the way she did. Sometimes, I'm still also not sure what their relationship is based on too. Is anyone comparing them to Eunseob and Haewon in I'll Go to You When the Weather is Fine? There's a certain innocence in their relationship because of the inexperienced male lead, and there's something very attractive and sweet about it. But Eunseob's character was more layered and the development in him brought about by his relationship with Haewon seemed clearer. Seongyeom however seems to have changed very little so much so that when dad tells Mijoo that she made his obedient son defiant now, I'm not sure exactly where that defiance is or what it's intended to target. Likewise when SG tells dad that he doesn't yet know what he's capable of, it didn't come off as threatening as I think it was meant to. Has MJ really changed SG? I don't know. Hence while their "not for minors" romp in the room was cute, as I said before, it escalated from PG13 to above 19 a tad too suddenly. We've had to fill in many story gaps on our own.

And DA's story? It feels too disconnected. It might as well have been a separate drama on its own. 

All said, I still find this drama oddly entertaining. In a disjointed way. I don't really know what it's about but it's mundanely fascinating. Hahahah...

Edited by gilaswan
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2