21 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@stroppyse - Yay for Run On event! I like both couples but I'm a bit invested in our secondary couple right now. I want to see SDA be the one to pursue LYH for a change. 

The badge is very fitting for this drama, so I hope everyone participate. :laugh:

Yes, I am more towards SDA and LYH, they are a good pairing.

From my point of view, SDA who has ego refused to let go her guard. 

As for LYH, this poor guy is trying very hard to pursue SDA by all means.

Yet to see how this 2nd couple flush out their feelings and WHO is the one that confesses first, SDA or LYH.

:love:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Second couple ofc. The main are entertaining and are already an endgame at this early so there's not much drama to be invested in. Meanwhile we have something to look forward to with the second leads: the painting itself. So yeah, more noona romance. Let her run after him, after all she usually wears sports shoes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

It’s hard for me to choose because both are equally interesting couple to vouch for. I certainly appreciate a drama that gives us clear pairing hahaa... 

If I were to make a choice at the is point, I guess I am more interested to see how the second pairing will finally get together. Considering a lot of factors, it’s not going to be easy. Family and economy background, age, ego, the clingy younger brother, etc.etc. But actually, YH might be a rich heir himself. We don’t know yet how big the scale of his family’s honeybee farm is. He might turn out to be like that guy in Backstreet Rookie. Seeing his confidence level, he might just be a chaebol himself who does not want to use the backing of his family in life, and want to be free and independent. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

48 minutes ago, cherrhys88 said:

@Tofu Thank you for tagging me. :smile:  

@stroppyse  It's definitely the Gyeomi couple for me. I love the dynamics of their relationship. Their conversations can be chaotic and all over the place at times but what they are saying actually make a lot of sense. :heart:

Same here! Just love their low key but sweet moments together. 

As much as I love YH and Dan A ( and I find Kang Tae Oh very delicious to look at )...the main pair got me hooked from day 1 @stroppyse

ooooooo if you want English subs for the BTS

BTS of the kiss...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

19 hours ago, stroppyse said:

:pandalove: Run On Event :pandapopcorn:

We love this quirky drama with its strong female leads and lovable male leads!

As it's approaching its finale, share with us whether you prefer the main OTP romance or the secondary OTP romance, and why so that we can share in the appreciation. Of course, there are always the bromance and sismance aspects as well, which are no jokes either!

Get an event badge as a thank you!

Ok I admit I did miss the question here...I should stop reading too fast lolol It's hard since each otp has its charms, but I'm gonna shoot for the main OTP. Mi Joo has had such a positive impact on Seon Gyeom and how he approaches life. Yes he did decide to stand up for Woo Sik, but Mi Joo was one who helped assure him that it's okay & he sees how she doesn't shy away from defending herself especially when it comes to his dad. I think they're ones who compliment one another & what one lacks, the other makes up for it. It's quite the dynamic that I enjoy watching even if it's not a fast paced romance. 

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, but you have to answer the question. :smile:

I actually didn't even see much of that since I read it too fast lmao by bad 

• Haha 6

@stroppyseJust like @abs-oluteM I, too, pick the main couple. Don’t get me wrong, I also love DA and YH but I am more interested in seeing how SG and MJ overcome their very different communication styles. I love the dialogue between them and that while others perceive SG’s quirks as either annoying or “boring”, it’s those same quirks that endear him to MJ. I personally find SG adorable. I just want to eat him. :heart:

I really hope DA and YH end up together. I think YH is exactly what DA needs. @ktcjdrama I also suspect that YH might be low key chaebol. He may not be as rich as DA but I don’t think he’s needy either. So far the drama hasn’t told us much about his parents in terms of the bee farm. He could be someone who has the means but chooses to live a fairly simple life pursuing what he wants to do. Another reason I feel like he might not be poor is because he’s still in school after all this time. He seems to be concerned about money but more of the “pay my bills on time” sort rather than “I need to graduate and get a job soon” type, if you know what I mean. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

On 1/19/2021 at 6:37 AM, Merry_Shai said:

@abs-oluteM

I think Dan Ah puts up the front that she doesn't care because she doesn't want to let anyone in or appear weak (at least in most cases). Looking at her family situation it's no wonder she's turned out this way, her dad faked her brother's birth certificate so he can appear older & "legally" be placed as head instead of her. For Yeong Hwa, I do think she does lack some emotion somewhere since she genuinely didn't get how she came off to him. 

@stroppyse

New badge you say?:lenny:

i was shocked to that the father needed to resort to that (changing the birth certificate) . I find that so weird as the bro can still be heir apparent even if he’s younger cause in Asian households it is not uncommon for male offsprings to assume the role . 

@Mouse @ktcjdrama YH is definitely from a well-off background since he could choose to stay in his own place instead of at a hostel. He mentioned he just doesn’t want to ask his mum for money for rent lest he gets scolded. Lol! 

I am so excited :pandaxmas:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Finally got to Episode 10... Life's busy and it's school holidays. My resolution this year is to watch fewer dramas so I'm off to a good start. :P

For some reason I always prefer the even numbered episodes more than the odd ones. It's been the case pretty much from the start. Maybe it's me but it feels like the odd numbered episodes behave like set-up arcs for the following one.

I'm really enjoying both couples and their respective dynamics. I love the primary leads -- the chemistry and the adorable awkwardness really does it for me. Although it's unlikely to happen, I hope they marry at the end of the show. Seriously. For a number of reasons. The most important being that they really like each other and they don't really play mind games. It's honestly a breath of fresh air. She thinks he's a hoot (as do I) and he takes such ridiculously good care of her. I don't think it's such a terrible thing that he doesn't like movies -- it doesn't have to be as long as he's open to new experiences. 

I super enjoyed the awkwardness in Seong-gyeom's confession. They acted like they were dancing precariously around a landmine. Which makes some sense considering how she responded to his previous confession. And they weren't drunk which is a bonus. Sober confessions are always nice because it means that the confessor... at least is ready for honesty and commitment. I found myself grinning ear to ear and I was particularly charmed by SG's mischievous grin. The entire exchange very lowkey and just delightful. I sensed that they really wanted to hold hands... poor kids... but the timing didn't seem right or neither wanted to make that first attempt. Heh. 

The whole sequence where Mi-joo was talking out her anxieties about potential confession scenarios was chuckle-worthy IMO. It did allow ISW to flex a bit of his acting chops. The real things was happily more grounded. Hah. It humorously gave some insight into her inner pathologies. What would she do without May quite frankly? In the early days I thought she might be the adult in the OTP dynamic but I don't know now... Mi-joo has her childish moments and SG is quite capable of being the sensible adult that ensures that the crises passes over quickly. They both wanted certainty that it wasn't over, that she didn't blow it. But fortunately SG had enough clarity and his feelings for her are deep enough to cover a multitude of sins.

I sense for Da-na and Yeong-hwa they have a much bigger hill to climb. I kind of see where she's coming from and why she's such an unpleasant person on some level. But frankly, I'm glad that she got some serious pushback from Yeong-hwa. Hate to say it, but she... well... deserved it. Some one has to be the one to give her some marching orders. Even if he's the poor boy who needs the moolah, he shouldn't have to take that sort of lip. Let her sulk, let her stew. I'm fond of them both but she's really playing up her role as the Shrew. It isn't just that she has no filter, she lives in a bubble that's more or less asking to be burst. She still thinks she's living in Joseon or something. I mean "peasant"??? The fact that she sees herself as a member of a self-styled monarchy makes me all the more eager to see her come down from that pedestal. It's both quaint and condescending. It beggars belief that someone her age is such a dinosaur. 

Da-na's father being some kind of geek is unexpected but unexpectedly cute. I'm only surprised that he has the time -- to read manhwas and play the guitar. He's obviously not your usual corporate chairman that's completely fixated with the business. He might even be a closet romantic.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 1/18/2021 at 4:54 PM, abs-oluteM said:

oh yes I was searching for that word - Empathy! This is what DanA seems to be lacking at times , or perhaps she's putting up a front that she doesn't care. She did stand up for her secretary when her brother hit the latter. 

Hahaha, glad we found the word! I feel like DA  stood up for her secretary mainly because her brother picked on him and she hates her brother. Also, she considers her secretary her property and her brother crossed the line with that. Having less empathy makes her more transactional in her dealings with others...but as her actions do skew towards helping people, she's clearly not a bad person. Just frustrating at times to watch. :idk:

On 1/19/2021 at 8:59 AM, stroppyse said:

As it's approaching its finale, share with us whether you prefer the main OTP romance or the secondary OTP romance, and why so that we can share in the appreciation. Of course, there are always the bromance and sismance aspects as well, which are no jokes either!

My feelings towards this drama are a bit like how I felt for Start Up - I like the interesting story-telling and the fact the unique characters being put front and centre over the more stereotypical ones, but I'm not all that invested in the romances though I guess I can see why others are. Can I say I like the bromance between the calm and detached SG and the warm and affectionate YH more? Hehe, they're quite cute :wow:  If I had to pick between the main couples though, I'm more interested in seeing how YH will get across to DA. 

More film references. I think this series has been very smart in it's spoofing of classics and pop cultural references:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Ahhhh..atm....since the most recent for DA and YH was downhill..made me sad...so I dont know whats to come.

I mean it was fun and exciting to see the interactions..now its just sad....hahaha

MJ and SG, all though I dont mention it much, their interactions now how its like the lovey cute relationship stuff that i dream of is like super warm and fuzzy, makes me smile like an idiot at the screen when i see them all cutesy.

I spose my chance will change slightly in a few episodes.

them fresh new stills though @abs-oluteM ... :heart:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Da-na's father being some kind of geek is unexpected but unexpectedly cute. I'm only surprised that he has the time -- to read manhwas and play the guitar. He's obviously not your usual corporate chairman that's completely fixated with the business. He might even be a closet romantic.

Oh yes. That was surprising. I noticed he wasn't particularly desperate to marry her off to SG , so maybe he may not be one for arranged marriages between chaebol & influential families. 

@TRaNz don't worry ...I think there will be some progress btwn YH and DanA. After all, we know she does like him now. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

@TRaNz you’ll like tonight’s episode cause there was so much crazy tension between YH & Dan A & that ending ....:pandahappy:.

It’s so late & I have an early day tomorrow but I managed to jot down some memorable lines . Will write more tomorrow. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

I love the relationship between Sun Gyum and Mi Joo they have a mature and healthy relationship I love them this chapter showed once more that the only person he could remember is mi joo because he did not even remember Dan's brother Ah I was worried for the advance but the promise that they made in the chapter will have more importance Sun Gyum tells his father that she is his strength for that reason I doubt they will separate

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

New stills - looks like the angst is coming for OTP #1

XwZKviu.jpg

Episode 11

Previous episodes, I've always enjoyed the Dan Ah—Seon Gyeom—Mi Joo combo, but this episode, there's a new trio combo of Tae Woong—Seon Gyeom—Yeong Hwa and I love it!

I also love (and miss) the return of Ki Seon Gyeom's nonchalant responses to people, especially with "Who are you?" "Did I offend you before?" — LOLLL. Classic Seon Gyeom. Just with those words it is enough to enrage the person talking to him. But anyway, I did not expect that scene to be so funny. First it was Seon Gyeom stepping a few steps back rubbernecking at Tae Woong and the other guy fight. I just love Siwan's expression. And then the scene finishes it perfectly thanks to Kang Tae Oh joining in on the run chasing after them with all those funny faces.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

HHHOOOMMGGGG ep11 those last few minuttessssss cchhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :heart::love:

Sooo intenseeeee between DA and YH. LOVE IT! hahahahah

but this.....this right here.....got me good......"smile for me" HAHAHAHAH

RAAyto6.png

MJ and SG walking in the park together holding hands and in comfy trackies......my dream to do that one day...damm single life. LoL.

lesssgoo ep12 .....i neeeeeeeed ittttt hahahaha :pandahappy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

@mademoiselle @TRaNz I want YH to kiss her back :smile:...but err I think maybe he won't yet.

This has been such a long work-day for me. Cannot wait for eps 12. 

Hmm seeing SG and MJ in tears has gotten me a little concerned. I think SG's father is to blame ...but dear drama let's not go the usual makjang route of break-up and stuff. So far drama has been very original in its approach to how our OTP resolves issues.

OST 10 & 11

How cute is Kang Tae Oh...

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Goodness...what the heck just happened???? 

I went from squealing and laughing my head off with all the cute push pull between YH and Dan A to a break up between SG and MJ.

I was just saying how I wish we won't go down this road of angsty separations but I do think that maybe MJ's only human after all. While she's displayed time and again how gutsy and courageous she's been , I do understand her reservations about dating SG now. What SG's father is doing is what bullies do - intimidating those they perceive to be weak. He scared our poor girl off . I am just so glad that SG came to save his sister and told the father off the way he did. 

Anyway I think this separation won't be long given the preview. So must as well focus on the fun bits. Seriously is YH a genius or what? He knew he had DanA in his pocket now. I cracked up when he started crying - this naughty handsome college kid ! Got his free fried chicken and a chaebol to drive him around. What I truly love about YH is that natural confidence he has - if anyone can handle DanA it would be him.

I just realise that maybe why DanA' s dad is reluctant to pass down the business to her is because of her medical condition. Seems like it is something genetic - the younger brother also has some sort of heart condition. Anyhow I just hope we don't go down the sickness/ dying route for DanA and YH. 

Apart from all the romances , I just love that the drama takes time to show interactions between the main cast - YH / SG, YH/MJ and the cutest unexpected frenemy type relationship between MJ and DanA. But the highlight tonight was definitely this scene that cracked me up no end...

Preview

• Like 5

Okay, I cannot say I didn’t see it coming, but can someone please explain to me why OMJ is so affected by KSG’s father? I honestly feel it’s a bit inconsistent with her character set up. She stood up to him pretty well, so why she broke down in tears soon after? Does she not have faith in her own words? The old man has not even done anything worth being worried about. For me it’s quite clear the man is all bark and no bite. Being a man of such reputation, it is easy to bring him down since he is so much about face and reputation. I cannot help but feel a bit disappointed in MJ instead of sympathy. She knows what KSG has gone through with his father, and she chose to leave him. Sorry, I am very upset with her decision just because of one visit. When KSG was confronting his father in the office, I really want to reach into the screen and smack the father until he is one with the ground. What?!! “I will never hurt my own son because I love him”? Such deluded old man!

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love