BTS of the kiss!

I love seeing both of them are active while rehearsing to find the right angle in making the scene go well. I think they're both very good and professional in the acting. At least we're not shown too much NG from holding in laughters as soon as they get into action. But while they're rehearsing, they laughed a lot. Seems like KTO has potential to do some directing too...

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

He is my oppa of the month..hahahah...I can add him to @SilverMoonTea's Oppa tracker thread.

O gosh, I am still debating between him and ISW 😆😝 

KTO, I mean YH, looks so cool standing in front of that canvas making the sketch. No wonder DA went in for the kiss :wow: I wouldn’t be able to resist also :wow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Can I just say how happy I am that my weirdo Tae Oh is gaining more & more attention? Feels like just yesterday he lived in a small dorm with 4 other people and didn't have a table....and they played rock-paper-scissors to decide who cleaned up...oh the memories. 

I haven't seen the episodes yet, waiting on my fiancé since we watch this show together, but oh boy am I excited to see Dan Ah finally give into her feelings. I hope Yeong Hwa reciprocates that kiss. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

I have read comments that my joo gave up easily after being threatened by Sun Gyum's father but it made me more curious about her past, her behavior was a way to protect herself from not getting hurt again luckily Sun Gyum will show her that he will be from his side when he says don't go

Edited by dalis
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Morning chingus, 

Finally able to finished Ep 11.

What can I say.. YH is so hilarious the way he ran and his face, lol.. I don't know how to express. 

Love, love, love. 

As for DA, she finally made the first move, wow... did not expect frontal attack with that kiss. 

The way she stared at YH with any blink... dangerous stare with love. 

And poor YH gives in.. Hope to see coming Ep with more passionate kiss. 

Hmm..SG seems to smile more and he is starting to let go his feelings to MJ.. he is such a good and obedient kid.. doing laundry and house chores.. good to get one as a standby hubby :laugh:

OK. Gtg.. Rant later 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Cheeeeeeeee ep 12......I mean, its standard for a kdrama right, we knew the MJ and SG ship was gonna get taken down at somepoint before the whole drama is over. So just means in the next 4 eps they "should" make up and fight for their love. standddarddd Kdrama maneuver. hahaha.

YH...mate...that guy was soo cringey toying and dragging DA around like that....childish haha.

The whole SG dad and using his sister and all that...a bit weird but sounds like a normal thing for those rich and high up exploiting others (even family) for their personal gain. Imagine watching your daughter get touchy with other men.....ewwww.

SG and YH....absolute dorks in this scene. HAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

3qIIL8Z.png

• Haha 6

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

@Thong Thin someone made such a cute video of him 

@dalis Am curious too about how Mi Joo’s past was like . From the little that she reveals ( being an orphan, being used to people using money to get her to do things ) , it hasn’t been easy. I just think her decision came about because she just wants a peaceful , drama free life . She’s probably come very far to reach where she is now - a roof over her head , doing a job that she loves - she could do without the stress . In some ways she’s taking care of herself 1st ( something she tells SG to do ) which is important in a healthy relationship. 

• Like 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 1/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@Thong Thin someone made such a cute video of him

@dalis Am curious too about how Mi Joo’s past was like . From the little that she reveals ( being an orphan, being used to people using money to get her to do things ) , it hasn’t been easy. I just think

her decision came about because she just wants a peaceful , drama free life . She’s probably come very far to reach where she is now - a roof over her head , doing a job that she loves - she could do without the stress . In some ways she’s taking care of herself 1st ( something she tells SG to do ) which is important in a healthy relationship. 

We have 4 chapters there are still things pending but I trust the writer has done a great job if they do not show MJ's past she talked about it or mentioned it, SG's father showed that he has information about her that the father will do after the threat will underestimate your son?

Edited by stroppyse
removed the quoted video
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Thanks to everyone for responding to the Run On Event question!

I think it's fair to say that both couples deserve plenty of love from us and are getting it. Both romances are quirky and charming in their own right, and I can't wait to see how they resolve their issues so that we get satisfying endings for all four of the leads!

Hope everyone liked the bromantic ET finger touch badge that we gave out to respondents!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hope everyone liked the bromantic ET finger touch badge that we gave out to respondents!

Thank you very much for the ET finger touch badge. 

The eye contact have me cracked up whick makes me yelled loud till hubby asked "whats so funny and why is your face red "

That scene makes me recall back Designated Survivor S3 where both the gay guys kiss each other in public !

and why is the innocent looking SG looks so cute here, look at his eyes and his sweet kissable lips !

EsQz6CUVgAA43cY?format=jpg&name=360x360

3qIIL8Z.png

OMG! ...can YH be more cuter here..the way he bite and chew the chicken is like big kid who haven't eaten for days.

7cb5ec374571e140c0ea48ffcf9e79f1f769b7ae

Looks like DA finally gives in to YH ...can't wait to see how YH gonna tame the arrogant DA..

Spoiler

0c76f1872064c2285f121929b3375be9566ba63a

Now that I re-played again this scene,is as though YT is passing the baton to SG in a 4x100 race.

:MewGiggle:

Edited by Thong Thin
  • Haha 5

I die over SG' awkwardness/cuteness.. I am so impressed with Siwan's acting in this one. IMO, he plays SG's innocence/awkwardness/straight-forwardness so perfectly. I love the tiny expressions he makes, how his eyes move and turn into big circles like he is completely oblivious to what is actually happening and his body language... in MJ's own words, "why is he so adorable?" And the way he smiles! With the innocence and pure joy of a little boy. No wonder MJ is so protective.

Really loved that they finally held hands in ep 11. With SG's awkwardness, I wondered how they'd get to hand-holding in a way that you can tell there's a little shyness but also feels so natural. I think they achieved it with this one. 

My favourite scene is that of them watching a movie together. Even though SG doesn't particularly enjoy movies, he's always willing to watch a movie with her because he understands it's important to her. And I love that during this scene, they were comfortable with each other - from expressing their thoughts to actually physically touching. It felt like in this scene, they were truly a couple.

I don't know how to feel about ep 12... I am proud of SG for standing up for his sister and working so hard to support Wooshik. However, when it comes to MJ, I have mixed feelings. On the one hand I think it's good that she is one of those people who refuse to deal with those who make her question her worth (as with the case with SG's dad). But then again, I feel like she could've dealt with the situation better instead of breaking it off with him. I love that SG was clever enough to figure out his dad had talked to her and I loved his persistence in talking to her. I wonder if MJ chose to break up with SG because she didn't feel like he could protect her? She's always seen him as someone she needed to protect so maybe she didn't feel like he could be that for her? I don't know. 

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

8 hours ago, Tofu said:

I forget that Im Si Wan is a singer because he barely promoted with ZE:A.

I don't even know if he's good in singing :laugh: He and Lee Seung Gi both I am never acquainted with their singer alter ego and never interested to look it up their songs. Runs away~ 🏃🏻‍♀️

Ran back to post this BTS

...and also a pre-released scene of the new episode

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Episode 12

While it was somewhat disappointing, it wasn't entirely surprising that Mi-joo's resolve crumbled so quickly after being confronted by Assemblyman Dad. When I think about how she acted after Seon-gyeom's first confession, and her whole "will I won't I" song and dance in front of May, it demonstrates that she is suffering some kind of existential malaise. Contrary to what she says, my feeling is that she senses (especially after meeting SG) that she's not really living her life optimally. Personally I think she's fortunate to be able to make a decent living out of interpreting and translating. Not everyone is that fortunate to be able to survive on freelancing. But it's clear to me from the way the drama deliberately shows her daily routine that she is in a kind of rut. Perhaps it's the parent in me and I've had to wrestle with these sorts of issues but the kind of hours that she's keeping and the struggle to maintain some kind of consistency raises alarm bells. When SG moved in temporarily and observed her lifestyle during that time, I'm sure there was a narrative purpose to that. I don't think it was entirely a joke about them being opposites. SG's misgivings are warranted. On top of that she struggles to commit to training for the marathon... understandably... it is a big ask for someone who hasn't done much by way of fitness training.

Assemblyman Dad is only thinking about his own interests so I'm not going to give him that much credit  but if MJ were more confident about the kind of life she's leading and her personal choices, his words wouldn't sting quite as much. We human beings are very good at wearing masks mainly to protect ourselves but also because there are things about the real us that we don't like. I think there's a case for being careful with people you don't know but it's darn frustrating when you accept a man's confession, you appeal to his fidelity, you make him promise undying love and you insist that he make changes in his life to appease you, only to turn around not long after and insist that this is something you have to deal with on your own. No wonder he's confused.

Dad not withstanding, I think MJ does struggle with commitment in all likelihood due to the instability she's experienced all of her life. Her choice of occupation and lifestyle speaks to that too. It's only an observation on my part and not a sweeping condemnation. No doubt she likes SG and she wants him but she seems reluctant to take on the challenges that come with dating him. It's true that SG does come with a lot of baggage but she knew that when she responded to his confession positively.

I think what the assemblyman did was rip open some really deep wounds. It's time MJ dealt with them. Not alone though the temptation to run away is far too great. I imagine that's why this show is called Run On and it doesn't just refer to the athletes. 

Just to add to all that I would say that the metaphor of fitness training used here is spot on. Nothing worth gaining in life comes easily. Rigour and single-minded dedication is really the key to reaching one's goals. The whole point of consistent training is to build strength and stamina. Those things don't happen without getting out of one's comfort zone.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma I enjoyed reading your post. It has given me a better insight of MJ as I was trying to grasp at why she decided to break-up with SG given how brave she was before. 

-------------------------------

This BTS has some of the funniest scenes .

Will be a sad episode for these two

105093878.1.jpg

Interesting extract from this article from Naver: 

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210125/105093883/1

In that sense, Mi-joo's breakup  with Sun-kyum came as a sad but understandable development by delivering a message that "there can only be love when I am intact." It was a choice to respect herself under pressure from Sun-kyum's father Ki-jung (Park Young-kyu), and it was a point where she shared the same strong side of her life and made a choice to protect herself.

To love  something (someone)  more than yourself brings anxiety, but the relationship that continues to take center stage without losing yourself enables a stable relationship that does not shake. Since "Run On,"  has provided charming story  through healthy beliefs and mature moves by its characters, the hardships faced by them send a message to protect themselves in love and to look forward to another moment of overcoming.

In response, the production team said, "Sunkyum and Mi-joo, who will have time alone, are expected to continue to "paint" each other in their changed lives after meeting each other." "Please cheer them on so that the crisis that has come to the two people can be a process to help them become stronger in the future," he said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Look at this hug. I won't be able to say no ....

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210127/105135945/1

105135943.1.jpg

Sun-gyeom, who hugged Mi-joo in a mournful voice, saying, "Don't go," in the previously released preview video, is holding her tightly as if he would never let go of her with a sorrowfu face in the released still cut. He will also remember a confession that he told her that he was starting to get scared when he met her. Words  such as "belief" , "hurt," and "desire," which have never been in his vocabulary, will appear, and it raises questions about how the change will affect him in protecting his the one he loves.

The production team said, "Seon-gyeom and Mi-joo, who suddenly realized that they couldn't control themselves due to the crisis, look back on their minds more carefully with rising emotions." "We want you to see how the process will bring about the romance between these two."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmmm lots of things happening tonight. Cannot wait.

Looks like they are celebrating DanA's birthday

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210127/105128885/1

105128884.1.jpg

The four  will finally get together today (27th). "Run On" unveiled the party scene to celebrate Dan-ah's birthday. Earlier, the preview video showed Yeong Hwa that Dan-ah's birthday was just around the corner. It is expected that Sun-kyum and Mi-joo, who have been neighbors and have spent time with many worries due to Dan-ah, will help prepare for the event at his call. In the process, the Gyeom-mi couple exchanged affectionate eyes, indicating that they still have a strong heart for each other.

The seemingly unusual atmosphere of the event also stimulates curiosity. This is because Ko Ye-jun (Kim Dong-young), Seo Tae-woong (Choi Jae-hyun), and Jung Ji-hyun (Yeon Je-wook) are fighting at the party site where everyone should be enjoying themselves, while Dan-ah, the birthday's girl is looking at the chaotic situation with a cold face. For some reason, Yeong Hwa's expression of welcoming her with a awkward face shows that the party he has planned is not going as he wanted.

Above all, we are curious about the reason why he, who has never felt embarrassed  in front  of sharp Dan-ah, has a guilty face for some reason, and the impact of this mess on Sun-kyum and Mi-Joo who will meet again at the party.

• Like 5