I love this BTS from that birthday party

Oh what does the director mean by realistic ending ...I think this might apply for DanA & YH..:shocked:

I am certain that it will be fine for MJ and SG but I don't know what will happen to the other pair

Article from: Sports Donga - a Q&A done with the Director

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210203/105252057/1

'Run On' Director Lee Jae-hoon “It will be a happy and realistic ending”

Spoiler

Q. I wonder how you feel about finishing the shoot that started last summer.

There were many special lovely moments . The atmosphere was so good that I could hear the cast & crew say that it was too bad that the shooting was ending day. As it was show where a lot of consideration and support were exchanged, better scenes were created. They were actors and staff that I really want to meet again.

Q. The reaction to the production with detailed points is hot. If there's anything you particularly cared about?

I tried to look at the expressions, gestures, and speech of the actors who did not miss their emotional lines. There was also trust and confidence that many of the props, costumes, places, lights, and angles prepared by the staff were well-prepared. Looking at the factors that were more deeply thoughtful and prepared than anyone else in their respective fields, all they had to do was choose the best one comfortably. And all this was in the script. Actors and staff who interpreted this accurately creatively cared so that they could work happily on the scene without getting tired. While respecting, encouraging, and appreciating each opinion, details and fun were already created.

Q. Characters with clear personalities such as peaceful Ki Sun-kyum (Im Si-wan), hard-headed Oh Mi-joo (Shin Se-kyung), strong Seo Dan-ah (Choi Soo-young), and pure Lee Young -hwa (Kang Tae-oh) also received good responses. How did you see the actors' performance that completed this?

First, Im Si-wan talked about special aspects of characters that others have never seen, or expressed them in unexpected ways. He is a grateful actor who feels like he is getting something because he has a lot of things that are fresh and empathetic.

Shin Se-kyung really liked the balanced action and reaction. She has a special advantage that makes her partner  comfortable because of her attitude is to see and match her opponent's strengths and expressions, which improves her acting.

Choi Soo-young, who knows sharp and fun points well, is an amazing actress who satisfies the director by acting deliciously with her unique energy. I was able to create more interesting moments than expected.

Kang Tae-oh, the youngest who received the cuteness of his older brothers and sisters, has a wide spectrum of expression as he has a cheerful personality that goes back and forth between his unique sloppy and masculine personality. He is an actor who claims to be a mood maker in the field but has various charms that overwhelm the audience with his eyes.

What these four actors have in common is that they never see their roles, but they know the pleasure of communicating and acting with their counterparts. When I talked about this and that together and rehearsed together, I used to make better scenes than the paintings I had always prepared alone.

Q. What was the most impressive scene? 

I've seen viewers pick their favorite. Sun-kyum, who decided not to run after pondering over it, looked up at Mi-Joo and chose the ending of the third episode, asking, "Will you translate for her?" I thought that the scene that I needed to look at each other without relying on coincidence or alcohol was the real beginning of the two.

The third episode, which had been the No. 1 ending in my heart for a while, was replaced by the scene on the 14th episode. Mi-joo and Sun-gyeom, who finished the marathon are looking at each . The two, are finally accepting their true selves after the process, and it was very touching because they seemed to paint the true "completion."

Q. I am also interested in the stories of people around me. Can we look forward to their happy ending?

I dare to say that it is a happy and realistic ending. I think it is a great advantage of "Run On" that even the main characters, big and small, are living and breathing like real people. I tried not to draw each character and life carelessly, but fortunately, I met good actors who could express the characters vividly, making the whole process easy. I think this intention will be quite evident in the remaining broadcasts.

Q. I wonder if there is a special love story that I wanted to show through the different moves of the "Gyeom-mi" and "Danhwa" couples, who showed different moods in each episode.

In particular, there was no intention of drawing and expressing the two couples in contrast. There will be countless people in the world who love in various ways, and these are the two couples that exist. I think what I really wanted to show is the normal way of living by drawing our love story through the four attractive main characters, which we happen to meet by chance, have a good feeling, love, fight, and meet again. Some fight, others love, and vice versa. I think that the "Gyeom-mi" and "Danhwa" couple will continue to love and live similarly.

Q. The final episode is about to air. Can you tell us the last point of observation?

I wanted to create an ending that naturally depicts the characters who grew up and fell in love with each other through meetings and communication, "I will live like this for a much longer time in the future." Sun-gyeom, Mi-Joo, Dan-ah, and the movie will all be better people, and they will love and enjoy their lives more through more interesting events than those in the drama. What we don't see is a little annoying, but I hope it will be a broadcast that will make us imagine them happier. Lastly, thank you again and again. Please enjoy the final episode and I hope it was a drama that you would continue to think of later. 

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

I need somebody to explain to me about the ending of eps 15. YH just said I love you to Dan A . And DanA gets a call that shocks her. And her final words to YH about living long & all. Is her father dead? Did she inherit her medical condition from her father? Is she rejecting YH? Our poor YH - I felt so bad when he asked if she would call. 

@stroppyse can I trouble you to translate the preview ? Thanks . Netflix did not have the preview

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

@abs-oluteM, preview translation

MJ: Since you’re hungry, a stew?
SG: Since it’s cold, a spicy potato stew!
KSH: I think you subtitled very well. We’re going to a film festival in Dubai.
MJ: Don’t we totally communicate well now?
YH: To the CEO, time is the most important thing, but to me, the CEO is the most important thing…
Man: If you were hurt, I’m sorry about that. I was too deeply taken in by the Assemblyman.
SG: Are you comforting me?
SG: But, I’m feeling comforted right now.
Film CEO: Families usually get mixed up and fight…
Mother: Do you want a glass of wine?
Film CEO: but then it all blows up, and they become more affectionate.
SG: Because it felt like this was the right time.
MJ: The time for us to say we love each other?
SG: Thank you.
DA: I’m sorry.
SG: I love you.

It seems as if DA has something major happen in her family at the end of ep 15, but we don't see anything in the preview other than YH seemingly telling DA that he's going to give her time and space. Hopefully, DA's apology to YH is a part of her returning to him after sorting out her family situation.

On the good side, it seems that SG and MJ will continue to be adorable together.

• Thanks 3

I wasn't too happy with yesterday's episode. Except for YH's painting reveal, it felt like a non-episode with non-events. Everything seemed displaced, odd, and forgettable. Even YH's best friend's coming out was very strange. So he was already seeing someone? Then what's with the longing looks at YH? 

And yes, @abs-oluteM, looks like DA's dad passed on and she's gonna be up for an inheritance battle now. I'm just wondering if they can wrap everything up in one episode today. I still want to know

- how mum is going to resolve her relationship with dad

- how dad is actually responding to his daughter's scandal, and what is actual role is in it (could he really not tell it would happen? What's he using it for?)

- KSG's career future - the show synopsis said he was an athlete agent, but he's actually spent almost all of the series being jobless.

- Woo-sik's career?

- that female coach? Where'd she disappear to?

- the high school athletes? What happened to them?

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 5

I agree @gilaswan not much moved plot wise last night , and I don't actually think everything will get resolved tonight. They will tie up some important things but like what the director was possibly hinting at , it will be a realistic ending which means some things don't get resolved - e.g I don't see SG's parents relationship seeing much change. Some relationships will just always be like this where the partners pretty much have their own lives . 

While this has not been a perfect drama, I liked it very much. It was charming in its own strange way. Goodbye to these 4 who gave me something to look forward to in the mid-week

20210204133228_601b78dc5a747_1.jpg

• Like 5

This drama has been such a strange combination of things - I like the dialogue and film references and trope subversion quite a lot :BulbaOWO:....I was hoping I'd get attached to the main characters and romances by now, but don't think that's happened or ever will :idk: They're likeable enough, but I'm just not deeply invested...YH is probably the only one that I'm keen to see. He lights up the screen with his kiddy energy :laugh:

I was really really really amused by SG and YH's strong Bromance though :BulbaOWO: I laughed hard at that scene where YH held SG's face and gazed into his eyes trying to help with contacts.

On 2/2/2021 at 2:46 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

For some reason... and it seems to be just me... I found both Episodes 13 and 14 rather unconvincing in the way that they played out especially with regards to the primary romance. 

On hindsight the problem I have with 13 is that the stakes weren't high enough to warrant a faux break-up which is also probably why they came back together so quickly. I'm not sure that those episodes did Mi-joo any favours in her characterization

I think the drama is quite smart in it's ironies and Easter eggs, but I agree with @40somethingahjumma ... I realised my feelings about this drama since the start is that it's not quite slice of life where there's no drama, but also not a drama where a lot of things happen that actually have cause + effect or high-stakes consequences? :thinking: 

I can deal with low drama, mellow dramas/films (I say this as someone who likes the ultimate slice of life Little Forrest Japanese and Korean film series where nothing happens except country life and cooking and reflection :laugh:) ...But this drama seems to have a set up which suggests something should happen...but it never quite seems to unfold?? I think that has been one of the things has has confused me since the start as the characters are quirky, but they never really unpack that fully with their histories except maybe DA and even then, it feels like there's something smarter about her family that I should know or understand, but I'm not let in on. :idk: 

On hindsight the problem I have with 13 is that the stakes weren't high enough to warrant a faux break-up which is also probably why they came back together so quickly.

I feel like a lot of SG and MJ's arguments have been a bit like this. I think because the dialogue is so smart, the character tropes so subverted, but the events of the story so mellow, uneventful and disconnected...I have no idea why MJ is actually mad at SG every. single. time. :laugh::lol: I was confused when he gave her running shoes and she accused him of "building a wall" and keeping her out...and then I was confused again about the breakup in ep 13...Yes, it's unpleasant to have someone yell at you...but there were no threats to her career or health or life...and she knew what kind of person SG's father was and had stood up against him before? I read a fan's opinion that said she broke up with SG because she valued herself the most and unlike other drama females was not going to put up with this...but they got back together so easily that I don't know if that reason really held either? :thinking: 

On 2/3/2021 at 1:43 AM, gilaswan said:

The narrative does seem a bit off kilter and I'm not sure if it was deliberate (unlikely), or that this is yet another case of "the curse of the 16-episode kdrama structure". While KSG did seem quite so heartbreakingly pitiful in the back hug scene, I wasn't quite sure if they had broken up to begin with, or if dad's "threat" was enough for OMJ to react the way she did. Sometimes, I'm still also not sure what their relationship is based on too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way! I think not really understanding or relating to their attraction in the first place or what they're arguing about or why they break up means I haven't gotten into the romances of the main pair. I think the actors are cute in interviews...but I feel kept at bay from really understanding the characters and how they're together at all (even though I like their respectful and smart conversations).

On 2/3/2021 at 1:43 AM, gilaswan said:

All said, I still find this drama oddly entertaining. In a disjointed way. I don't really know what it's about but it's mundanely fascinating. Hahahah...

In a way, I feel like this drama has been written to be like an Arthouse film which is a bit meta since MJ is deeply involved with indie and arthouse films (something I've also had to watch a lot of for work too myself). The drama seems to imply a more intelligent meaning that you believe you're figuring out. Or maybe there's nothing to figure out but you apply meaning to it as you see fit. :thinking:

I agree with @gilaswan, Run On is entertaining enough to keep watching and enjoying though. Nothing happens, really, but I guess I just like listening to them say quirky, smart things that egg each other on :idk:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

FINALE SPOILERS

Yay...I watched it raw as I couldn't wait for Netflix. I was happy that everything was wrapped up neatly. Maybe it may have been a bit of a fairy tale ending , but I don't mind because real life is harsh enough as it is and I don't mind a bit of escapism.

Even from last week we knew that the writer will not touch Gyeomi couple. From what I saw they continue to grow in their relationship and I supposed the highlight was SG saying I love you to MJ.  What was nice was to see them communicate better , and their careers saw growth too. Looks like MJ's getting more recognition for her translations and that SG joins DanA's agency officially . He brings on board Woo Shik and the other guy . And Woo Shik does well.

SG telling MJ I love you

Spoiler

The couple that worried me a lot was DanHwa. I was cursing on twitter when DanA continued to put up this wall . YH is just a sweet pure soul. Her father died ( he did finally tell her he loves her) and YH had gone to comfort her. But still she made it seem like this gulf that separates them was so unbridgeable that poor puppy YH got so hurt when she talked about her lack of time or something. Finally YH decided to let go. He went to her office and gave her the painting and they had the most heart breaking goodbye conversation:

But perhaps that separation was good for DanA. I think she had her own demons to battle. What was quite sweet was she and younger bro made up, or more like she showed him she does care for him in her own weird way. Anyhow some time later, she still misses YH. She went to the gallery that  I think Tae Woong passed to her .

Spoiler

She sees that YH's painting there ...and well they met & reconciled... :hearties:

Spoiler

They also wrapped up the other arcs. SG's mum didn't go to the US. She stayed back upon finding out her daughter's scandal that was brought upon by the husband. She gave him a good tight slap for getting the daughter into such situations. It was nice to see that mum and daughter became closer.

YH's bestie's mum finally accepted that he is a gay & that the daughter wanted to be a boxer. The bestie did tell YH that YH was his 1st love. YH was shocked but understood his bestie and even later on met up with the bestie and his boyfriend. May and DanA's manager also took off. And SG's mum at the end of the day did forgive dad. Dad realised what an idiot he had been using his family for his own ambitions. 

The ending was pretty cute with everyone ending up in the cinema to watch a movie premiere.

Many cute happy moments in the spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

MJ comforting DanA when she was heartbroken

Spoiler

And oh yes I mustn't forget to post my darling Mr Dimple's cameo

I personally enjoyed the drama & it was a happy mid-week relief to my hectic days. Only complain:  there wasn't any kiss ...ahahaha...
I will miss these 4. Taken from Kang Tae Oh's IG
( sniff ....I will especially miss KTO - my 1st oppa of 2021)

EtYuRWaUcAUEJHs?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteMStrangely from your summary, I feel like I shouldn't bother with tonight's episode and just go to bed... it all seems very... placid. Maybe "run on" takes on a more linguistic meaning here... just a mish mash of independent lives somehow connected in the oddest of ways, neither completing nor unraveling the other. Life simply just... whatever it does y'know?

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@abs-oluteMStrangely from your summary, I feel like I shouldn't bother with tonight's episode and just go to bed... it all seems very... placid. Maybe "run on" takes on a more linguistic meaning here... just a mish mash of independent lives somehow connected in the oddest of ways, neither completing nor unraveling the other. Life simply just... whatever it does y'know?

I watch raw without subs, so I am sure my summary is not giving the right impact. I felt rather emotional for DA-YH scenes. Tomorrow if you have time , should definitely watch it with subs 

• Like 5

Finished watching.... Hmm, I don’t know whether I am happy or sad that it ended. Very difficult to describe my feelings right now. First time I am feeling so lost about how to feel the ending of a drama. Watching the drama made me happy but I am not sad that it ended, nor am I excited about the ending. It’s cute, everything wrapped up nicely. Even the loser father is like given a second chance... However, I cannot help but feel that the finale is rather rushed though, and choppy as well? Is it just me? Or is that the way this quirky drama supposed to be? It’s like I am not satisfied about the finale but I cannot bring myself to complain about it because it is nice? You see my confusion now? LOL... The characters in the drama grown and can relate better with people, and now it’s the viewer’s turn (that is moi) that is not making sense? LOL... I will come back if and when I can sort out myself. 

Anyway, the last scene, and I literally mean the last, is just too adorable. They have all the cast and staff, and I mean e-ve-rybody, put their fingers the ET way with one another while taking the biggggg group picture. How cute!! :wow:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

15 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Anyway, the last scene, and I literally mean the last, is just too adorable. They have all the cast and staff, and I mean e-ve-rybody, put their fingers the ET way with one another while taking the biggggg group picture. How cute!! :wow:

Ending was a bit rush. But overall I was satisfied. My main sadness is because I’ll miss Kang Tae Oh ...

:pandasadspoon: ( I hope he will have good screen time for Doom) 

And yes the ET fingers..so cute 

cute BTS 

So after watching with subs , I read on twitter that some consider Danhwa as open ending ? It was ? I thought it quite clear they are together? Lol! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@JenLI laughed at this statement of yours - "the events of the story so mellow, uneventful and disconnected". Indeed. This was what this show was. But I think therein lay the charm too. The other show that seemed mellow and uneventful was Record of Youth, though the events told not quite as apparently random, nor were the conversations. And perhaps that's why in comparison, Run On seemed the more interesting. Perhaps a little like reality tv where the mundane become interesting, until they become mundane and the next thing happens.

@abs-oluteMI did watch the final episode this morning and y'know what? It ended quite satisfactorily. Nothing jaw dropping or earth shattering - as was the entire premise of the show - but everything ended as they should have. Realistic as it is unrealistic, in that the ending would be exactly what the characters talked about - "What exactly does 'Happy Ending' look like anyway?"

• The villain gets their just desserts: politician dad falls out of the running for presidency and that's that with his political career, irritating brother who was not deserving of anything loses his position in the company;
  • The underdog wins: DA is rightfully recognised, TW gets the recognition both as an idol and brother and so now has a family, MJ trumps dad cos she gets to stay with SG on her terms, WS gets signed on with a reputable agency and starts winning, sister gets to box and teaches mum at that too;
  • Values are retained: dad's political secretary resigns, mum gives up hollywood to be a mum, DA doesn't throw away her feelings and re-explores her relationship with YH, agent-mum recognises that what's important is her relationship with her children and not the material life she wanted to give them, chaebol dad recognises his daughter and she her dad.

So happy ending is when the world settles into what should be than what it really is. In that regard, the show has done well. 

4 hours ago, jeijei said:

I have questions.

1. Do DA and her younger bro have the same disease? Does it run in the family?

2. She became the VP. Who's the President then?

3. So all along the actress' secret boyfriend is the director (MJ's ex)?

Thanks 😊

I really like it though my excitement fizzled starting Ep 13. 

1. Looks like it, which was prolly why dad favoured the apparently healthy eldest son.

2. I reckon she is VP because she's too young to assume presidentship. I suppose the president might be a hired person? It's an executive position anyway.

3. I wasn't paying attention to that. Was it?

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Finished watching.... Hmm, I don’t know whether I am happy or sad that it ended. Very difficult to describe my feelings right now. First time I am feeling so lost about how to feel the ending of a drama. Watching the drama made me happy but I am not sad that it ended, nor am I excited about the ending. It’s cute, everything wrapped up nicely.

22 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yay...I watched it raw as I couldn't wait for Netflix. I was happy that everything was wrapped up neatly. Maybe it may have been a bit of a fairy tale ending , but I don't mind because real life is harsh enough as it is and I don't mind a bit of escapism.

For someone who was pretty on the fence about the disjointed, uneventful plot, I actually liked the ending quite a bit. I think it's because the ending had more exciting events happen in the one episode than the entire series :laugh::lol:

I liked that everything was tied up neatly not just for the main characters, but even for all the side-side characters. It's ambitious, since it looked like a lot of work to create that montage at the end, but I thought it was a nice way of pulling everything together in the way that included the whole cast. :BulbaOWO: Like with Start Up where I watched the drama for the family stories rather than romance, I feel like I probably watched this series for the friendships rather than romance...so it was things like SG and YH's bromance that hooked me in. One of my favourite scenes in the last episode was SG introducing HY to his running friends....and the running friend looking shocked SG had a roommate, YH looking shocked that SG had a friend and then SG being super shocked his running friend was in a deep enough relationship (for 10 years) to get married :laugh:

As @abs-oluteM said, it was a cute, pleasant, unrealistically fairy-tale ending for the most part, but I think I liked it not because of this, but because it was quite meta and philosophical as the characters questioned what a happy ending meant and then it was illustrated through the things @gilaswanmentioned about values being upheld and the villain losing/ underdog winning and love prevailing etc. etc. :heiboi: And through this, you're reminded that you are in fact watching a film... there's  levels of films inside films, fiction inside fiction...so yeah I guess in the end Run On was written and served rather like (a more conventional version of) an Indie/ Arthouse film that makes you look for meanings in its drama. I'd say it had more to do with cinema than running! :lenny:

19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

However, I cannot help but feel that the finale is rather rushed though, and choppy as well? Is it just me? Or is that the way this quirky drama supposed to be? It’s like I am not satisfied about the finale but I cannot bring myself to complain about it because it is nice? You see my confusion now? LOL

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ending was a bit rush. 

I think I wouldn't say the ending was rushed per say as everything was pretty much explained clearly...but I think the 3 things about the drama and ending that you probably felt was this @ktcjdrama:

1) The drama was quite ambitious with how many endings it wanted to provide...it wanted to provide closure for every character, so I guess the pacing of the scenes changed to try to squeeze in more scenes...instead of those super slow, arthouse type shots and transitions between scenes, there were a lot of quick cuts from one scene and storyline to another.  I personally didn't mind this as it made the ending tidy and was refreshing to see all of the endings, but it might unsettle some.:SquirtleSquadCool:

2) There was a lot of product placement in the last 2 episodes unfortunately (at least 3-4 items), so while I did like the endings, I found a few scenes completely odd - like SG getting a new laptop, and a few close ups of his Dyson vacuum cleaner, DA's hair straightener etc. It seems weird to squeeze them in all last minute. :ChikoWTF:

3) Events throughout the drama were oddly distributed/ overall pacing was not well spread, which was more noticeable in the end - The drama was super slow throughout most of the series, but then sudden side stories came into focus in episode 14/15 like his friend liking men? And his sister doing boxing? May's romance? I felt some of those things should have been introduced earlier so the pacing would feel more natural in the end...either that or not included as they were such disjointed storylines...I thought it was cute that the friend had a crush on YH and YH responded to the end of his unrequited love by hugging him:hearties: ...but his sister's boxing story seemed pointless?  :smile:

10 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@JenLI laughed at this statement of yours - "the events of the story so mellow, uneventful and disconnected". Indeed. This was what this show was. But I think therein lay the charm too.

Haha, I don't mind mellow since a lot of series I like are actually mellow slice of life series. And I do think that the relaxing style of this series was it's charm. But I also think it was the 'uneventful and disconnected' bit that felt alienating at times...like they would introduce SG's old coach but then her character disappears...I felt like they would introduce a lot of mild elements/ people but not dig deeper into them...or meaningfully join the dots. Even the main characters, you don't really know much about MJ's past or YH's family in the end? :thinking:

Overall, this was a light watch. I didn't have any serious attachments to this series or the main characters/romances, but the dialogue was fun, Kang Tae-oh was a sight/ Kim Seon Ho was adorable in his cameo...so the ending made the series better in the end :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

54 minutes ago, JenL said:

The drama was super slow throughout most of the series, but then sudden side stories came into focus in episode 14/15 like his friend liking men? And his sister doing boxing? May's romance? I felt some of those things should have been introduced earlier so the pacing would feel more natural in the end...either that or not included as they were such disjointed storylines...I thought it was cute that the friend had a crush on YH and YH responded to the end of his unrequited love by hugging him:hearties: ...but his sister's boxing story seemed pointless?

I am actually fine and not disturbed at all with that part that friend liking men and the sister doing boxing. Those were mentioned if not suspected several episodes ago. I guess they don’t dwell too much on it because they’re minor characters, but somehow still have to be accounted for, which I really appreciate. O yes, I too love YH’s reaction to the news flash by giving his friend a hug. YH is just that adorable puppy. 

I intend to try watch the last two episodes again to gauge my real feel. But I can safely say after a good night’s sleep that I do like the wrap-up of the drama. It’s overall a satisfying watch for me. I cannot really find fault with it; well except maybe for the breaking up part by MJ. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

48 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am actually fine and not disturbed at all with that part that friend liking men and the sister doing boxing. Those were mentioned if not suspected several episodes ago. I guess they don’t dwell too much on it because they’re minor characters, but somehow still have to be accounted for, which I really appreciate.

Haha, oh I didn't mean it's disturbing or shocking...but just more that they didn't spread the focus across the episodes :thinking: Like it's not hard to figure out that was was what would happen since there were clues about certain side characters, but it seems like they should have either made those side character's story more important and central/connected to the main storyline from the start or not be so specific about them since it was barely a part of the plot, but suddenly took up a lot of time to unravel in the final episodes, so a bit unbalanced when you look at it from a scriptwriting point of view. But overall, I really enjoyed the ending...it redeemed the series for me in it's ability to wrap everything up nicely and tidily :CharmanderOK::duckhearts:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 2/4/2021 at 9:01 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Finished watching.... Hmm, I don’t know whether I am happy or sad that it ended. Very difficult to describe my feelings right now. First time I am feeling so lost about how to feel the ending of a drama.

I had similar feelings about the ending to this drama. I think they wanted to have it both ways, both realistic and unrealistic. I actually thought that it was a significant discussion when the four main characters discuss what makes for a happy ending as well as some side conversations about it, and that a happy ending is something different for everyone, but also that life continues so that a happy ending is really a moment in time. It's a bit of a meta-discussion that breaks the fourth wall without actually breaking it? One of the things I find interesting about this drama is that it's very aware of its tropes and seems to spend some exposition via discussions between characters on those tropes.

As for the ending itself, I was fine with it. SG and MJ stay cute and true to each other. SG finally becomes a sports agent. May and DA's Secretary get a make out session. SG's Mother not only slaps SG's Father for starting the rumor about their daughter, but divorces him for placing his career over everything else in their lives including their children. The father started the rumor, btw, to discredit the other Assemblyman that he was going to be running against, and then wouldn't stop the rumors even after his daughter was crucified in the press. That also led to the Father's chief of staff resigning his position. DA softens enough towards TW to finally acknowledge him not only as her little brother, but that he's always been her little brother anyway, and that acknowledgement is enough to make TW happy. Also, TW's group finally make their debut. And, YH's friend is accepted as gay by his mother and the friend's sister is allowed to continue her interest in boxing.

As for DA and YH, I hate to say this since I'm not usually a fan of temporary separations, but their parting was too brief in terms of drama time to really land an emotional impact, despite scenes of them hurting and missing each other. Frankly, I think it was compressed because they are not the main OTP. Still, I think they needed to separate. DA was too immersed in her political corporate in-fighting to spend any time or attention on YH, and he needed some time to go his own path and to mature a bit. It's only by being away from each other that they could both grow enough to appreciate what they mean to each other and to realize that their longing for each other was not temporary nor a just a distraction, so that they could be together again when they meet.

Btw, I don't think that SG's mother and father are reconciled at the end. I think it's an open ending where she gives him some measure of forgiveness, especially since he's retired from politics and has had a chance to reflect on his actions.

Final scene was cute. Agree with everyone about that.

15 hours ago, gilaswan said:

1. Looks like it, which was prolly why dad favoured the apparently healthy eldest son.

Actually, it wasn't the disease in itself that caused the dad to favor the "oldest" son. It's because of the Korean tradition of primogeniture, and wanting his son to take the reins from without any revolt from anyone, even an older sister.

DA was born the eldest, however, DA's father didn't officially register DA's birth until after he had the son. Then he registered the son first so that the son would be the "eldest", then he registered DA so that she became the "second" child.

15 hours ago, gilaswan said:

2. I reckon she is VP because she's too young to assume presidentship. I suppose the president might be a hired person? It's an executive position anyway.

Since she was an Executive Director previously, and then the finale makes a point of calling her the "youngest" vice president, I assume that she was promoted up at the General Stockholders Meeting that she and TW talk about. The actual president is probably an outsider hired to manage the Group professionally. Given her satisfaction with it, I doubt that it was her "older" brother who is head of the Group.

20 hours ago, jeijei said:

3. So all along the actress' secret boyfriend is the director (MJ's ex)?

Yes, almost missed that at the end. Tae Ri, the actress who had been in the scandal with SG at the beginning of the drama, is actually dating MJ's ex who is a director. That's why TR's manager turned all fawning after being initially enraged.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

I just finished the finale. It is a nicely wrapped up ending, and I love the ending credit which was done like a movie. That was so apt and creative. Although I never thought this show will end sadly, but I do like a really good happy ending, and I liked that the show gave us a snippet of the "ending" of all other side characters as well and not just the main 4.

I really like that one scene of Seon Gyeom seeking Mi Joo out after he heard about his sister's scandal was orchestrated by Dad, and really liked Siwan's facial expression when Mi Joo pointed out he, too, was hurt by it. Obviously I loved the development later where he decided to tatter-tale to Mum. Hahaha, so cute. I think in a way Mum gets to be a mother for her children for once since it appears that Eun Bi and Seon Gyeom were so obedient and considerate that they never complained so Mum never had the chance to do something for or worried about them.

The bit when Young Il meets Yeong Hwa and their funny conversation in front of Seon Gyeom about Seon Gyeom cracks me up. LOL LOL. For my entertainment, I don't want Seon Gyeom to change too much because he's hilarious when he's oblivious. I can't believe being friends with Young Il for so long he has no idea Young Il has a 10 years girlfriend. Even I would say, "Ottokae?" coz can you even call him a friend if he doesn't know this? /facepalm

The main OTP's ship is pretty much sailing smoothly for the last 2 episodes so there's really not much to worry about. However, with Yeong Hwa and Dan Ah - I found myself getting lost in their conversations for quite a while now. I'm not sure if it is the translations (I watched in Traditional Chinese on NF). I just find it difficult to understand and follow through therefore I haven't been enjoying their scenes as much when it's just the two of them. Even so, that breakup scene had me crying. Praise to Soo Young. My tears fell about the same time hers did and the eyes became more and more hazy as she sobbed into Yeong Hwa's shoulder. That was good. But like Stroppyse, their breakup time is a bit too condensed to make an impact. I also didn't feel it was a necessary breakup/bid their farewell like they'll never see each other especially now that her dad has passed away, she won't be forced to marry Seon Gyeom. I therefore found myself confused with the ending whether they are back together or not and decided to come in here & find the answer.

I think it made sense that Dan Ah won the stakeholder meeting with Tae Woong's share. She did tell him to "be his brother", therefore it hinted that she wants his support at the meeting. Tae Woong is easy to win over anyway since he's Noona obsessed. The show never really told us who leaked the news about Tae Woong being the bastard, right? I didn't think coming out with this truth would hurt the idol group that much.

I don't think the ending was rushed but I do think it would be nice some of the little details can be clarified albeit not so important to the plot. Agree there was a tremendous amount of PPLs in this episode... not so glaring as TKEM though so I'm ok with it and can't deny I wasn't fascinated with that multi-directional vacuum cleaner head! :wow2:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

@mademoiselle that vacuum seems really handy ! Maybe these PPLs do work. :wow2:. But then again part of its attractiveness was SG vacuuming with it. 

Vid updates from ISW’s agency

KTO has a v live on 8 Feb , 7pm

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

There's not much for me to say about the last two episodes of Run On because I think everyone else touched on it already. Kang Tae Oh was a wonderful discovery for me. I didn't really liked him in Nokdu so I'm happy I was able to see him in a different light with Run On. 

The ending wasn't ideal but I also didn't mind it either. I've seen dramas with worst endings so I'm not going to complain too much especially since they did wrap up just about all the storylines introduced.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1