noooooo @TRaNz @mademoiselle we got trolled ! That was all in YH's imagination...how cruel :scaredpanda2:

I think it is clear to both SG and MJ that they like each other. MJ is sending all the signals to him , and in return she knows he likes her but she just needs him to tell her straight-up. MJ, as we have been shown, puts great value in how a message or line be interpreted as precisely as possible without losing the meaning or nuance in its original language.  SG's rather ambiguous way of telling her he likes her won't cut it:

SG: I...have been doing that thing that you asked me to. You asked me to like you.

MJ : Oh that...I wasn't asking you for a favour. I was mustering up my courage.

See what I mean...wasn't he telling her he likes her here? But yet she could not make that assumption since he just stops in his tracks and doesn't explain himself. The problem I believe is that our sweet innocent soul SG has communication problems - that was made clear when he couldn't even express himself writing in his own diary . And secondly I don't think he's ever done something truly for himself or had much opportunities to express outright his own desires. That was shown when he told Woo Shik to think of himself for once - this was actually a message for himself:

SG : You seem to think more about others than yourself when they're of no help to you.....

SG:  I though you were looking for yourself. Look further. And put yourself first.

SG:   When it comes to my own issue, I have trouble being objective too.

Anyway, I can definitely understand MJ's frustrations in this episode. So I do think it is a good idea for her to tell him how she feels or this relationship cannot move forward. And eps 10 looks pretty promising since we will finally see them progress to the next level. Fingers crossed we're not being trolled . :lol:

From the pre-released stills , I was expecting something to change between DanA and YH , but not in the way that it ended.  :shocked: But then again , I liked it though . DanA has this way of stepping on people thinking she can get what she wants because of her wealth and position. So it is very interesting that she has met her match in YH who has no problems telling her off and giving her a lesson in respecting others. YH is a reminder that you don't need money or status to have a healthy self-worth and confidence. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The problem I believe is that our sweet innocent soul SG has communication problems - that was made clear when he couldn't even express himself writing in his own diary .

I agreed, he struggles to express himself and when he does, he doesn't know how to properly communicate them for the other person to understand. In the diary scene, he added emotions (It feels nice, I was frustrated, and I was scared) after he talked to OMJ. 

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

she has met her match in YH who has no problems telling her off and giving her a lesson in respecting others.

This scene was one of my favorite scenes in today's episode. LYH has always, vaguely, made comments about her personality/attitude when they meet but this time he didn't hold back. I think that's exactly what SDA needed. I'm excited to see how their relationship develop after this. 

In the preview for tomorrow's episode, it seems like SDA might be having a sleepover at OMJ's place? Haha! 

Edit: How do you not like KSG when he is looking at you like this? :wow:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

In the preview for tomorrow's episode, it seems like SDA might be having a sleepover at OMJ's place? Haha! 

I am so curious what led to that considering MJ doesn't like SDA :pandaevil:

Yayayayayay cannot wait for confession & hopefully kiss!

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210114/104922536/1

104922530.1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I had a packed schedule today so could only catch ep.9 just now.... Kyaaa... finally a kiss is around the corner. Believe it or not while watching 9, I kept thinking just get together already and kiss already, LOL.... Anyone notice how KSH very naturally took the chopstick plastic wrapper from OMJ and also helped her to separate the chopsticks?? So subtle but swooooonnie..... :wow:

When LYH just smacked the palette onto the painting, I am like “way to go!!” Someone needs to give it like that to SDA. I like her but she does need to be brought down a bit, haha... 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Anyone notice how KSH adjust very naturally took the chopstick plastic wrapper from OMJ and also helped her to separate the chopsticks?? So subtle but swooooonnie..... :wow:

meeeeeeeeeee.....I like that scene so much. I like this show cause the reactions are so unexpected. I thought when he took the soju bottle from her , he was going to stop her from drinking but instead he just wanted her to drink more elegantly . lol ! This drama has a very good message about being there for someone / giving advice but yet respecting boundaries and not removing  a person's agency in their choices & decisions.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

ehhhh I hope that is not the only sort of kiss that  we will get from SG and MJ. Not much of a kiss -  just a reply peck. And because our SG is a shy boy, I assume he will need to build things up slowly! ( SSK is a very experienced actress in this department , so I hope ISW will bring his A-game later on for a good solid kiss :smug:

BUT anyway ....yay! I super duper loved how this  confession came about. It was a fuss free, drama free , low-key  sort of moment  ( no fireworks in the background sort of scene). Yet it was just sweet & beautiful. And these two awkward almost 30 year-olds ( I assume he's about that age too)  could not even muster up some courage to hold hands. But heck I am not gonna complain because their relationship has  always been a lovely slow-burn built on many meaningful conversations . I am gonna put my faith that over the course of the 6 episodes, we will see more progress ( as hinted in the preview)

I love these lines:

Spoiler

YH and DanA -I felt  that the words DanA said to YH at the beginning of the episode were terribly uncalled for. If  I had not known that it was her defense mechanism  to protect her heart by pushing  people away when she feels something for them, I would really not want YH anywhere near her. I really like YH . He may be  young & still not quite independent , financially speaking. But he has this ability to be honest without hurting people's feelings like DanA or without confusing people like SG. Lol! Easygoing nature , idealistic but quite grounded at the same time. And he isn't a pushover. It is no wonder that  DanA in her drunken state at MJ's place finally realises she likes him.

Romance aside, the highlight for me in this episode ( and I love every moment) was the fact that SG is finally embracing his calling. Researching things on sports psychology, speaking to DanA's about WS's career, affirming to himself that he is good with motivating people, giving advice to WS - all nicely building up to him becoming an agent or manager. I loved that at the end , he asked WS to trust him to manage the latter's career. 

Preview eps 10 - looking forward to more sweet scenes next week

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

10 hours ago, dalis said:

I'm worried about what mi joo said at the end she asked him not to disappear she will stop carrying her weapon from the beginning she always carries it must have some meaning maybe related to her parents or she was assaulted in the past

hello @dalis! Welcome to JangHaven & to this thread! :wow: Glad you joined us here.

Perhaps that gun represented her security blanket. (not necessarily in a literal sense). Think it was something that she felt great attachment to ( perhaps her father's hobby or something). But now with SG filling the void (of feeling alone), there's no necessity to carry it around. 

BTS So cute...they celebrated ISW's birthday at the 3 minute mark. He's such a well-mannered person - even when he blew the candle , he put his hands around the candle so the smoke ( or his saliva, lol!) won't affect SSK.

Another promotional video where they play some word game & give commentary on some of the scenes

• Heart Eyes 3

Indeed the best confession ever :love: @abs-oluteM I just have to copy paste again what you posted above :wow:

Best confession #RunOnEP10 SG: Your affections for me gives me meaning & value. But I wasn’t sure if you had feelings for me the same way I do about you. I wonder if you also want to hold my hand , hug me & kiss me. I wasn’t quite sure about that. Because I do. Pls don’t hate me

From ep.10

- I love what YH said to DA about her attitude, but I didn't like that it seems she had the last say about the issue.

- MJ is being affected by what SG told her about meals, and starts to eat proper meal :smile:

- I know the kiss seems like nothing but I feel that it suits their state of relationship and how they've been around each other. KSG is a learner, although he may not be the fastest one out there. I'm sure we'll see developments, and I will wait for it.

- It's so cute how SG just went on blabbering about how he should've been the one to send MJ home and how he rationalised moving to YH's house.

- Wow, DA finished that whole bottle by herself! Love the blossoming womance although still with resistance and reluctance from MJ. Come to think of it, DA's life is actually rather sad even though she seems to be happy and in charge. So it's good that she met people like MJ and YH, also SG actually.

Something from ep.9 that I forget to mention is how sweet SG's smile was when he first saw MJ at the breakfast room in the hotel. That's a face of someone in love, haha...

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

hello @dalis! Welcome to JangHaven & to this thread! :wow: Glad you joined us here.

Perhaps that gun represented her security blanket. (not necessarily in a literal sense). Think it was something that she felt great attachment to ( perhaps her father's hobby or something). But now with SG filling the void (of feeling alone), there's no necessity to carry it around. 

BTS So cute...they celebrated ISW's birthday at the 3 minute mark. He's such a well-mannered person - even when he blew the candle , he put his hands around the candle so the smoke ( or his saliva, lol!) won't affect SSK.

Another promotional video where they play some word game & give commentary on some of the scenes

Thank you, I love this drama I fell more in love with the new Sun Gyum He showed the great influence that Mi Joo had on him and put into practice what he learned from her with his friend Woo Sik (I like the friendship that the protagonists made I hope they continue in contact at the end of the project)

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
18 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

- I know the kiss seems like nothing but I feel that it suits their state of relationship and how they've been around each other. KSG is a learner, although he may not be the fastest one out there. I'm sure we'll see developments, and I will wait for it.

True that. It is somewhat in character too. It would be weirder if SG who's super polite & careful in every way would go all out in his 1st kiss. :pandablush:

@mademoiselle I appreciate Mi Joo cursing in both languages. It is something we do a lot here too where I am from - cursing in multiple languages.

This is interesting considering that Run On is still airing

https://screenrant.com/netflix-best-k-dramas-2020-imdb/

Netflix's 10 Best K-Dramas of 2020, Ranked According To IMDb

The Hallyu wave is not letting up and Netflix helped strengthen it with these 10 best K-dramas that

streamed on the platform in 2020.

The show ranked number 4 beating some other big names. 

(4)
Run On (IMDB Ratings: 8.4)

Run On is a fairly new K-drama that debuted near the end of 2020 but has gotten rave reviews thus far. It tells the love story of two characters who might have been fated to meet all along. A movie translator loves her job and by chance meets a popular sprinter named Seon-Gyeom (Im Si-Wan).

The public and his father had high hopes for Seon-Gyeom as an athlete for the national team. When he decides to do what's right and stand up for another friend and athlete, he quits his career. He starts a new journey as a sports agent and continues a blooming romance with the Mi-joo (Shin Se-Kyung).

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Gosh, I started watching this a couple of days ago and I’m already on ep 9. I can’t believe I waited this long to watch it. This is such a good one and I totally love all the characters and their quirks. I have yet to back-read everyone’s posts but I am totally loving this one. SG is such a refreshing character - straightforward yet kind, innocent yet smart. And Seo Dan Ah... she’s a character I didn’t know whether to like to hate in the beginning but now love her.

It’s quite late and need to go to bed soon but I’ll be back to post once I’ve had a chance to read everyone’s posts and articulate all the thoughts and emotions I’m feeling. Lol

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

On 1/14/2021 at 3:39 AM, abs-oluteM said:

noooooo @TRaNz @mademoiselle we got trolled ! That was all in YH's imagination...how cruel :scaredpanda2:

Sheeeeeeeeeeeee....I had to ignore this thread and tags in here for a few days coz I hadnt seen ep 9 and 10  yet. LOL.

Now that I have, I can play catch up on reading here. LOLOLOL.

My heart...seriously....crumbling for DA and YH......soo serious and sad.....still hope for them in the remaining 6 eps.

MJ and SG sooo cute and adorbs...thats the cute fuzzy warm UWU we want. :love:

SG slowly coming out of his shell and adapting to, I guess a regular life style with other people since hes not stuck into training.

YH trying to get money off of SG again...hahahaha feel bad for SG, its like the innocent gettin taken advantage of. haha

MJ letting loose the F-Bomb on set hahahaha, sooo funnnny :laugh:

Then later we see DA just casually rolling up to MJ's place wanted to be invited in for food and drinks and somehow just BE friends that way.....LOL, so forceful HAHAHA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

This show has grown on me on a little more. I have always liked the dialogue which I find to be so original and at time quite satirical and reflective of life (even though technically I think people rarely do speak in such a frank but polished way). 

I like all the broken stereotypes in this series - I just wanted to say I like SG's mum weirdly enough. She's not like a great mother in the sense that SG always had to put up with her putting her career before him...but she's also not an awful one in that they still have a good relationship...and she seems to like MJ at least as her "fan." Also I laughed when she was playing the role of a 'Vegan murderer' :laugh: Also found it funny when she heard the rumour about her son dating Choi Tae-ri and she was like "Why would she date him?"  when most mother's in KDramaland would be like, of course she would date my son :lol:

Haha, I like that they actually mentioned that DA seemed like a psychopath in the last episodes. I think I wrote it somewhere earlier on this thread that I thought she seemed a bit psychotic sometimes and wondered if I sounded harsh. But hey, if the characters think that way too, it's not just me :lenny: I think she's another original character since women are often meant to be empathetic...but she's not really, probably due to her upbringing. I do find people with no/little empathy to be highly frustrating (Not just in dramas, but real life too. Also not just women, but definitely men too!)...so I guess now I understand why I sometimes have a hard time watching her. However, I do think they've justified why she is the way she is (with her dysfunctional family and her dad also trying to marry her off...ugh!). They've also made her at least quite fun to follow as she is observational and does like to mess with people in way that they deserve Eg. she likes messing with MJ but she also made sure MJ spoke out her feelings about letting SG stay over. :MewGiggle:

On 1/15/2021 at 2:56 AM, abs-oluteM said:

BUT anyway ....yay! I super duper loved how this  confession came about. It was a fuss free, drama free , low-key  sort of moment  ( no fireworks in the background sort of scene). Yet it was just sweet & beautiful. And these two awkward almost 30 year-olds ( I assume he's about that age too)  could not even muster up some courage to hold hands. But heck I am not gonna complain because their relationship has  always been a lovely slow-burn built on many meaningful conversations.

On 1/15/2021 at 5:44 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Indeed the best confession ever

I totally agree - the confession of SG and MJ was refreshing because it was so chill and awkward and needed a whole lot of courage on both their parts. I also feel like it's more realistic to have a no-fuss confession like this than one with the fireworks :heart: And they both knew they had these feelings, but just didn't know how to bring it about, which is often what happens in life. The kiss wasn't super exciting, but I think it worked with this scene and their characters.

While I do like slow-burn a lot, I do think this show has a level of calmness/ dettachedness that has taken awhile to get use to as well. I personally like my romances to have an element of high will-they-won't-they tension when both characters are still unsure of their feelings. I dislike overly dramatic cliches or melo, but I am used to certain tensions driving the story forward.  For Run On, I think SG's dad is awful, but even he doesn't seem like a big deal. Whenever SG and MJ disagree, I think I'm somewhat confused because it seems so trivial? Like why exactly is MJ mad when he gives her the running shoes as a gift? I'm a little confused at times about why she feels he's making her seem stupid and why she thinks he's building a wall...I don't find his character all that expressive, but I felt like he was trying to close that gap there? :thinking:

On 1/14/2021 at 3:39 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I was expecting something to change between DanA and YH , but not in the way that it ended.   But then again , I liked it though . DanA has this way of stepping on people thinking she can get what she wants because of her wealth and position. So it is very interesting that she has met her match in YH who has no problems telling her off and giving her a lesson in respecting others. YH is a reminder that you don't need money or status to have a healthy self-worth and confidence. 

On 1/14/2021 at 11:52 AM, Tofu said:

This scene was one of my favorite scenes in today's episode. LYH has always, vaguely, made comments about her personality/attitude when they meet but this time he didn't hold back. I think that's exactly what SDA needed. I'm excited to see how their relationship develop after this. 

I like LYH a lot and if I had to pick a favourite character of the 4 it would be him on the basis that he's so warm and maybe a bit more easier to understand in his aspirations and motives than some of the other characters. But like SG, he's also not afraid to speak up when he believes something to be right or wrong...which makes their funny friendship more believable :pandablush:

I agree that it was a good scene - I like that LYH is able to hold his own ground as an artist against a person of higher wealth and status who he also has feelings for! Also, as someone who is warm, but honest, I feel like he'd be able to teach DA more about empathy and having a sense of dignity beyond just money.

Sorry for the back and forths with my thoughts btw...I feel like this is one of those dramas that I should somehow love...but am puzzled why I'm not more into it since a lot of people around me are quite obsessed with it :thinking: But I can see a lot of excellent things about it. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 1/17/2021 at 10:02 AM, JenL said:

I agree that it was a good scene - I like that LYH is able to hold his own ground as an artist against a person of higher wealth and status who he also has feelings for! Also, as someone who is warm, but honest, I feel like he'd be able to teach DA more about empathy and having a sense of dignity beyond just money.

oh yes I was searching for that word - Empathy! This is what DanA seems to be lacking at times , or perhaps she's putting up a front that she doesn't care. She did stand up for her secretary when her brother hit the latter. 

Looking forward to their development & it's nice that OST 6 is dedicated to them

Ahhh the cutest BTS as this was the one where MJ kept having these wild imaginations about how the confession would end 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

:pandalove: Run On Event :pandapopcorn:

We love this quirky drama with its strong female leads and lovable male leads!

As it's approaching its finale, share with us whether you prefer the main OTP romance or the secondary OTP romance, and why so that we can share in the appreciation. Of course, there are always the bromance and sismance aspects as well, which are no jokes either!

Get an event badge as a thank you!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 4

@abs-oluteM

I think Dan Ah puts up the front that she doesn't care because she doesn't want to let anyone in or appear weak (at least in most cases). Looking at her family situation it's no wonder she's turned out this way, her dad faked her brother's birth certificate so he can appear older & "legally" be placed as head instead of her. For Yeong Hwa, I do think she does lack some emotion somewhere since she genuinely didn't get how she came off to him. 

@stroppyse

New badge you say?:lenny:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Mouse - I'm glad you're watching it now! =) 

@stroppyse - Yay for Run On event! I like both couples but I'm a bit invested in our secondary couple right now. I want to see SDA be the one to pursue LYH for a change. 

The badge is very fitting for this drama, so I hope everyone participate. :laugh:

@mademoiselle @abs-oluteM @TRaNz @ktcjdrama @gilaswan @jeijei @Thong Thin @40somethingahjumma @JenL @cherrhys88 @dalis @Mouse

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 2