1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I wished they had that scene cut off. Or they should’ve made SY do the kicking herself and CGI the flying ball... 

Hahaha I didn't notice (saw it late last night) so I checked, you were right, they should have cut that scene out. That double even had a shorter hair than Soo Young.

• Haha 4
11 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

8 more minutes on my clock!!

ahahah...me too...I always cant' wait to watch. 

--------------------

Oooo... he follows her to her filming site next week & oh did he just confess? Preview ep9

BTS

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I really REALLY like episode 8. There are many scenes I really enjoy. It's a really fun episode to watch and there are so many information this episode. So much so that the preview we saw is not shown yet and will continue next week.

• I absolutely love the dialogues between Seon Gyeom's parents after Mi Joo pulled Seon Gyeom away. :eeeee:

It looks like you have been shooting a soap opera behind my back. Like how to splash her with water?

• Yeong Hwa's reaction to Secretary appearing at the cinema to him crying as he ran towards Seon Gyeom. xD

• Dan Ah has met her match in Yeong Hwa. LOLLL. Although I think her exchange with Yeong Hwa is still not as fun as hers with Mi Joo or Seon Gyeom. Hmmmmm.

• We finally have more insights into Dan Ah's messed up family. She's actually the rightful heir but because she's a girl so it went to the half brother, who's actually younger than her but ID was faked to make him older. Shocking. The unfairness she feels is completely understandable. I also liked that the reason why the younger brother is obsessed with her is clarified. That scene did make me feel bad for him. At the end of the day, he just wants to be loved and because at least Dan Ah reacts to him compared to others in the family so he latched onto her... (which makes him the real "attention seeker" Seon Gyeom's friend was reference to).

• Dan Ah's marriage proposal! :lol:, I absolutely had fun with the dialogue exchange there. Died laughing, really. Love love love!

• My favourite though, had to be the scene between Seon Gyeom and Omma. It had me in tears (not a lot but I was touched) and laughter. Seon Gyeom is the true Good Boy, @abs-oluteM. Even more good boy than Ji Pyeong. :laugh:And I really love the way Siwan rejected with a "Noo~pe" to his Omma's invitation to cameo. It really tickles me and a much better, unique response than a Korean version of "no". And the part where Omma said "Who do you take after to be so stubborn" and Siwan raised his hand and she puts her chin on it... goshhh I hope that's an ad-libs. I just LOVE the way it was portrayed.

I'm glad the lovelines are slow burn and this show is not following the episode 8 rule template some rom-com follows. I'm still in no hurry for the two pairs to get together any time soon. I'm enjoying the push & pull wayyyy too much to want them there. @abs-oluteM Not just Dan Ah's proposal is non-chalant, but also Omma's invitation to cameo "We can slice together..." :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Gosh , I am not sure what it is that I love about this show but I just do. I think it is the way the drama puts a twists on the tropes or maybe it is the way that the characters interact & connect. The strength of this drama lies in the conversations and not just between the leads. I didn't even realise how quickly time passed and every episode is a good 70 minutes - yet here I am wanting more. 

At the beginning of eps 8, I noticed mum was smiling when MJ took SG by the hand. She even told dad in her own way to let it be. And mum gave her seal of approval when SG visited her at her filming site telling him to take care of her fan. So sweet. Even though I don't like SG's dad much , both his mum and sis are pretty cool. They are protective over him in a way but they don't butt into what he does. SG is such a good kid isn't he, doing everything for everyone else's benefit without complaint. MJ is right , about time he prioritizes his own happiness. I agree @mademoiselle SG is the true Good Boy, and I cracked up at mum's invitation for him to cameo over a murder scene. 

I laughed so hard as well when YH realised his date wasn't DanA but her assistant. And I thought too at first that he was sad over DanA's no show . But plot twist :laugh:. Thanks @cherrhys88 for posting this.

I liked the post movie drinks they had - Cute to see how in sync MJ and YH were when talking about their common interests but poor SG feeling left out  since  he didn't have much of a social life before (and not much of a movies buff ) and was thus clueless about what was being said - lol! But he tries...have to give him credit for that. 

Also I thought it interesting that the show is slowly revealing SG's other talent and it was the way he gently deals with people. DanA's manager is right- SG has a way of motivating and giving encouragement to others in a very nurturing way. Think he will slowly realise that he can be good manager for these athletes. Looks like the show is paving a way for him to work for DanA's agency.

I thought we were also trolled by the preview - they gave us the scene where she told him that they should make up ...ahahah who knew she needed him to come & be the driver. But of course I am so glad he did . At least he was there with her at the hospital , distracting those nosy ahujmmas and he thankfully has money so could move them to a better place to stay. And this was rather sweet. I like how they build their romance here. 

ErI8Q4MUYAIAZm0?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I haven't watched either episodes this week because I've been busier than usual this week. I've read some of the comments and I'm looking forward to having time to watch both episodes tomorrow! :wow:

Regarding the article that was posted, it's actually funny because I was just telling @stroppyse about it and told her I guess not everyone is going to like the same dramas you do. Deep down inside, I was thinking more of, "this person probably have not watched very many dramas". I'm so glad all of you feel the same way as me too. :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

That's it. I guess I have my first oppa to put in my oppa tracker. Ki Seon Gyeom is so lovely and he's such a good person - a good son, a good teammate, a good brother, a good friend who is learning how to make those human connections that he really had not before. He was alone as a child and so grew up lonely, but I think people also constantly made assumptions about him, which he was too polite to correct give his attitudes towards everyone having the right to think for themselves. And no one actually took the time to look deeply into him or call him to count for his actions or even really cared as much as Mi Joo does about his activities and his thoughts.

The one I really feel sorry for though is Tae Woong. I really can't imagine being so lonely that being hated which at least indicates some level of interest is better than being absolutely invisible. I hope that Dan Ah does soften her heart against him, or at least that TW finds a true friend somewhere rather than just his fans and followers.

Back to SG and MJ. Per the preview, it seems that SG is going to tell MJ that he likes her, though in his innocent way, he will probably mess up how he tells her that, and she may think he's just pitying her or something silly like that since she's a little uncertain herself where SG likes her or not since he doesn't play the usual push-pull games that "normal" people play.

Anyway, just wanted to spazz a bit about how lovely SG is. :hearties:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Dan Ah's Marriage Proposal ~ if only Mi Joo was there xD

a9a8e36b48a80229c742cc915542789759037e2b

Spoiler

7a493a8c57fc0345ae556e4662c77a436219158f7d5c1deee2c1df1838c336b051505bc8d0a05110

633f884d18388c586752ff151924d4277957565f

Now Writer-nim, how did Dan Ah get the impression that Seon Gyeom likes her? Not that it really matters, but still, I'm honestly curious. xD Was it perhaps during their childhood? xD

Spoiler

a6370387e39a1d6d7f82bfa4a1469868378a5c14

Siwan/Seon Gyeom looking all innocent again. What are we to do with this innocent pup?

@stroppyse Question. The part before this proposal scene where Seon Gyeom was told that he has the gift of "자극", is "motivate" accurately reflect the Korean word used?

• Haha 4

Really love the ending of both this week’s episodes. One is MJ holding SG’s hand, the other is SG holding her hand :wow: but my favorite scene from ep.8 gotta be the one SG with his mother at her shooting set. I love their exchange of conversation there. 

I can’t wait for next episode to air!!

20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

My favourite though, had to be the scene between Seon Gyeom and Omma. It had me in tears (not a lot but I was touched) and laughter. Seon Gyeom is the true Good Boy,  And I really love the way Siwan rejected with a "Noo~pe" to his Omma's invitation to cameo. It really tickles me and a much better, unique response than a Korean version of "no". And the part where Omma said "Who do you take after to be so stubborn" and Siwan raised his hand and she puts her chin on it... goshhh I hope that's an ad-libs. I just LOVE the way it was portrayed.

You said what's in my mind.

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Also I thought it interesting that the show is slowly revealing SG's other talent and it was the way he gently deals with people. DanA's manager is right- SG has a way of motivating and giving encouragement to others in a very nurturing way.

Yes and he did it in such a gentle and indirect way too... With his determined look, I had thought he was going to tell them off, but no, he took the orange and sat down to talk to them and get them to lower down their voices.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Little things from episodes 5-6

-I loved how the second lead YH was measuring things according to how much fried chicken can be brought from it (ie. she is wearing 500 chickens) :laugh:

-I love how MJ's door has a no minors sign hanging on it :lol:

-Ah, I finally got to the first of the ET fingers with YH doing it to SG in the supermarket. It was very cute and I loved that he explained it as "showing emotions." Hahaha, I like that YH is bringing the bromance to the table :SquirtleNiceAhah:

-I want to like SG but for some reason I don't really feel it for his character and I'm not sure why. I mean, I like his dialogue, I think he's really lovely to be looking out for Woo-Sik and volunteering for the kids, but I don't know if I really get his character. Not sure if it's that aloof factor or whether I feel a little distanced from his circular/deflecting nature at times  :thinking:  Maybe it's because I feel like I've met people like that before and it was intimidating to talk to them...and I can't shake it off even for a fictional character :idk:

-I think I like warmer (?) Or maybe more energetic (?) characters and YH seems to really have that puppy dog (or should I say kitty cat) energy. Heh, I hope the bromance continues!

cR2kdRS.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

22 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes and he did it in such a gentle and indirect way too... With his determined look, I had thought he was going to tell them off, but no, he took the orange and sat down to talk to them and get them to lower down their voices.

@ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM He actually look annoyed. His face seems to say "Are they the ones bullying you?" - Just when you thought he's gonna tell them off...

img.gif

Good boy eats the mandarin and entertains them for Mi Joo. :lol: Ki Seon Gyeom is an ahjumma killer.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I'm not one to really care about the fashion in a drama, but this shirt that Ki Seon Gyeom wore was very interesting. I was so confused looking at it -- did someone cut the cardigan in half? :pandathink:

97uF2Xm.png

Also, I remember seeing this shirt a while back and thought, "Are they trying to hide the cut on the sweater with the scarf?" Funny enough, I see Ki Seon Gyeom wearing it in the drama and couldn't help but laugh. :laugh:

gxoiNfu.png

Spoiler

RqgQlhZ.png

• Haha 6
10 hours ago, Tofu said:

I'm not one to really care about the fashion in a drama, but this shirt that Ki Seon Gyeom wore was very interesting. I was so confused looking at it -- did someone cut the cardigan in half? 

Also, I remember seeing this shirt a while back and thought, "Are they trying to hide the cut on the sweater with the scarf?" Funny enough, I see Ki Seon Gyeom wearing it in the drama and couldn't help but laugh. 

😆 it seems to be the trend now, to have different materials/design sewn together? I was just out at a mall earlier today and saw a pair of jeans, one side is grey, the other side is white. I told my daughter, I wouldn’t wear that, and she said that’s the in thing now. And then not long after, I saw one person wearing a black top, one side is like a shirt with collar loosely thrown back, the other side is without... 

About the sweater, no doubt KSG did a better job hiding the hole. The model inside spoiler just highlighted the hole to us 😂

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Just dropping by to share this beautifully written blog I saw in Tumblr about Run On.  :heart:

"The one constant theme in the show is making time for each other."

https://scoundrels-in-love.tumblr.com/post/639701498698301441/the-one-constant-theme-in-the-show-is-making-time

I initially couldn't get into this drama, I find the pace and dialogue a bit all over the place or frenetic. And Seon-Gyeom really hard to understand since he's too...what's the word? naive, innocent, poker faced. But there's also something about it that piqued my curiosity and now I'm hooked. It's quirky, different but also has a lot to say, especially about the constant misogyny and discrimination that women face in the workplace, bullying in the sporting world and of course about loving and taking care of yourself first.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

After reading so much in here I think most areas have been covered. hahaha. You guys go into detail big timeeee. good reads and also knowing that im not the only one thinking the same things.

So finally I/we understand why Dan-A wears running shoes/sneakers as apposed to heels (like i thought would be more prettier:laugh:), makes sense now.

Loving the banter between DA and YH, i want to see it progress for warm fuzzy vibes.

Spose this is where we are supposed to feel sorry for the annoying younger brother of DA, can't remember who but someone mentioned it way earlier the reason why his character was like that. The whole neglect from the family etc but only DA gives him some attention even if its bad. Good pickup who ever that was (sorry too lazy to go back and read thru all to see who it actually was haha <3 )

Kim Won Hae (the bartender when DA is reading that book), I love seeing this guy, hes in soo many dramas randomly that i watch hahaha.

His filmography list is long as....awesome guy.

I like how SG is rebelling against his dad who just wants things to go his way for his gain. Arranged marriages... shheesssshh

Hanging for next ep for that MJ and SG loveline to reel in so i can have more warmm happy fuzzy vibes hahahahah. :love:

@mademoiselle I loveee :heart:  the gifs you put up, do you make them snippets into gifs yourself? E.T gifs are such a crack up hahaha.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

So I finally found the time to catch myself up and felt the need to air my thoughts before this week's episodes. 

Dan Ah - her family is screwy & her dad is a big time jerk. Younger/older brother should at least be happy he was allowed to sit at the table & get a position due to his own gender, I have no doubts that Dan Ah will show both of them just how wrong they are. I also hope she'll become closer to Tae Woong, poor kid just wants some love & attention, I'm guessing this is why he became an idol in the first place - fans will give you the attention & constantly praise you. It's rather sad once you think about it. I love her with Yeong Hwa and he's the type she needs & I love that she's pretty open with him already. Idk whether she'll take over the company, but I hope she can branch out on her own since she's been the reason behind their newer success. Show them that without her, they're nothing. 

Seon Gyeom - I can't stand his dad, but that was already known. I didn't know where to place his mom because on one hand she's just been a neglectful mom, but she's self-aware & knows she put her career first (in her own words, it's why she's not mother of the year). Last week made me see she's not a bad person. A tad selfish, but not really bad. She wants the best for her kids & has opted to let them make their own mistakes and to be happy. She looked happy to see Seon Gyeom with Mi Joo and her talk with him at her set really made me warm up to her. I thought her & the dad had a more business relationship, but I guess at some point they were in love. Did he become far too politicly ambitious & as such, she just kept working hard at her own career?

Mi Joo - I so want her to finally give into her feelings & just tell Seon Gyeom how she feels while she's sober. I love that she's not a push over & can hold her own, Assemblyman Dad has met his match & am living for all of this. She's been on her own for so long, I imagine it's hard to just let go & have someone see your innermost feelings. 

Yeong Hwa - We havern't seen much of his own background, but he's such a sweetheart & seems to have fallen hard for Dan Ah that I just want them to hurry up and get together. My poor puppy really is getting tired of texting Mr. Jeong lol 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Super duper excited cause I think both romances will see great progress

https://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11987910

Im Si-wan and Shin Se-kyung, who held each other's hands on JTBC's "Run On," are hinting at a straightforward confession, raising their heart rate even before the main broadcast. Why did Im Si-wan bring up Shin Se-kyung's confession, who was pretending not to know while working hard?

202101131105031294.jpg

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210113/104904124/1

Seo Dan-ah (Choi Soo-young) and Lee Young-hwa (Kang Tae-oh), who are showing a sharp tiki-taka without ups and downs in JTBC's Wednesday-Thursday drama "Run On." However, the still cut released before the main broadcast contains a twist. A romantic moment of sharing umbrellas was captured on a rainy street. Above all, there is a friendly atmosphere that has never been seen in the exchange of eyes filled with only each other. Every time we meet, it raises questions about what happened to those who were busy stimulating each other without losing a word.

104904121.1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Omo omo @abs-oluteM What is that with the second OTP?!!! @TRaNz Looooook!!!

IKR....I cannot wait to see this. Weren't they still bickering last week? This is pretty fast. 

• Haha 3
  • Party! 1