Writer: Park Min Sook

Broadcast: December 16, 2020

Broadcast Station: JTBC/Netflix

Main Cast:

Im Shi Wan as Ki Sun Gyeom

Shin Se Kyung as Oh Mi Joo

Choi Soo Young as Seo Dan Ah

Kang Tae Oh as Lee Young Hwa

This is a romance drama that tells the story of Ki Sun Gyeom and Oh Mi Joo. Ki Sun Gyeom was once a popular athlete, a sprinter, on the national team until he had to quit due to some legal troubles. Afterwards, he starts working as a sports agent. Oh Mi Joo writes subtitles for movies, and is thrilled to see her name in the end credits. Sun Gyeom and Mi Joo meet as Sun Gyeom quits his sport, and Mi Joo feels as if they were destined to meet.

Seo Dan Ah is the CEO of a sports agency, and the only daughter of the Seomyung Group. However, because she's a woman, she is not considered to be a potential successor to the Group. This causes her to live fiercely, trying to take back what she feels is rightfully hers. Dan Ah then meets Lee Young Hwa, a university student majoring in art who likes movies.

credits: wikipedia.org, asianwiki.org, IMDb

This drama could be called an idol drama in that 3 of the 4 leads are idols or idol wannabes. Shin Se Kyung is the only one who started in acting as a child actress and has continued to be a female lead in numerous productions. Im Shi Wan may have started his career with ZE:A, but has proven himself through numerous roles, so that he's shed the title of 'idol actor.' Choi Soo Young is a member of Girl's Generation. Kang Tae Oh is a member of 5urprise which is an actor group, but I honestly don't know what that means. 

The director of this drama, Lee Jae Hoon, has directed 'Page Turner', 'Chief Kim', and 'Ghost Detective', all solid shows that showed a steady directorial hand even with sometimes outlandish material.

drama website (in Korean): http://tv.jtbc.joins.com/teaser/pr10011252

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I don't think I have ever seen @TRaNz comment in a drama thread before. Is it because we hardly have threads for the actors/actresses who were once/are idols? :eeeee:

Kang Tae Oh is in this drama? I liked him in Nokdu (although, his character got a bit annoying towards the end). :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I believe this has the standard 16 episodes correct?

@Tofu hahaha, nah I actually have appeared in drama threads (no often) in the umm previous world for some Kdramas I was really in to.

Im also into Shin Se Kyung, shes another looker for me too haha

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

2 hours ago, TRaNz said:

I believe this has the standard 16 episodes correct?

Yes, this is a 16 episode drama. Nice to see you on a thread @TRaNz!

23 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@Jane :mine: Siwan looks good (I miss him as Jang Geu Rae).

Thanks Stroppyse for creating the thread. Are you watching? @TRaNz Hope to see you here soon...?

Yes, I'll be watching at least the first 4 episodes to decide if I want to keep watching. I do like the Im Shi Wan - Shin Se Kyung pairing, and think it could be really good. Im Shi Wan was so good in 'Misaeng'! He was actually also very good in "Hell is Other People" though that was a drama that was very hard to watch for me.

@Darkarcana, are you going to give this drama a try? Or not dark enough for you? :smile:

• Like 3
  • Party! 1
On 12/4/2020 at 1:31 AM, stroppyse said:

He was actually also very good in "Hell is Other People" though that was a drama that was very hard to watch for me.

I did not watch it for that reason. I heard the drama did well and most people who watched it, liked it. 

SSK's dramas are a hit or miss for me. I'm hoping that because Im Siwan usually pick good scripts, this will turn out well. 

Some new stills:

• Like 2

Ok after seeing all the trailers for this, it's gonna be a cute drama and I'm excited. Siwan & Shin Se Kyung look adorable together as do Sooyoung & Tae Oh (though we knowwww Soo is with Jung Kyung Ho so I can't get too excited over their chemistry lol) 

Oh to answer your question from the first post @stroppyse, Tae Oh was part of 5urprise which was an actor-idol group which meant they released music (though I remain bitter since they barely did that) & actually lived together, but were also trained as actors. 4/5 members started their own agency with a former manager (which Tae Oh is now part of with Yooil, Lee Tae Hwan, & Seo Kang Joon) with Gong Myung being the only one who moved on elsewhere. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Merry_Shai said:

Oh to answer your question from the first post @stroppyse, Tae Oh was part of 5urprise which was an actor-idol group which meant they released music (though I remain bitter since they barely did that) & actually lived together, but were also trained as actors. 4/5 members started their own agency with a former manager (which Tae Oh is now part of with Yooil, Lee Tae Hwan, & Seo Kang Joon) with Gong Myung being the only one who moved on elsewher

Thanks for the clarification. To be honest, I didn't know what an actor-idol group was supposed to be other than a marketing stunt to be able to leverage any single member's success for the group.  Unlike other idol groups who perform and release music together, it's not as as if 5urprise released very much together at all other than PR. I didn't realize that they had released any music together at all.

Trailers do look cute.

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM Would that mean he's playing a nice guy or...?

He could be playing a nice guy, but he won't get the girl again anyway.  Still, it would be good if he played an ex who had turned into a friend rather than a jerk.

On 12/5/2020 at 7:53 PM, Tofu said:

SSK's dramas are a hit or miss for me. I'm hoping that because Im Siwan usually pick good scripts, this will turn out well. 

True. ISW seems to pick good roles and good scripts, even if the drama may not be to my taste, e.g. I'm not a fan of horror. I was surprised at how good ISW was in Triangle which I think was my first time watching him in a drama.

• Like 2

@Merry_Shai and @stroppyse, the only thing I remember about 5urprise was that they all lived together in a really tiny room before SKJ made it big. For the most part, I think 4 out of the 5 members have become a bit successful with acting, SKJ being the most successful one. 

47 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

He could be playing a nice guy, but he won't get the girl again anyway.

Hahaha, it almost hurt to read this because it's not often that Kim Seon Ho gets the girl. :letalQQ:

More stills for the drama. =)

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Thanks for the clarification. To be honest, I didn't know what an actor-idol group was supposed to be other than a marketing stunt to be able to leverage any single member's success for the group.  Unlike other idol groups who perform and release music together, it's not as as if 5urprise released very much together at all other than PR. I didn't realize that they had released any music together at all.

Trailers do look cute.

No one knew what an actor-idol groups was before 5urprise....even some still didn't realize it because the agency did a horrible job at managing things when a member became popular. They released music & even performed, but most of their stuff was in Japan so no surprise that no one really knew. I have all of their music they released, but Japanese imports are costly even for a small cd lol 

@Tofu Lol yeah most remember when Kang Joon was on roommate and we saw how poor they were, sometime after that they moved into a bigger place & were on another show together. Reality type where there's cameras set up all over the place & the weirdos still never bought a couch or table because "they were used to not having it" lol Yooil does musicals so he's not really known amongst the general drama viewer public. 

I have high hopes mostly because Siwan is good at picking projects and I hope Se Kyung does well here, her agency is strange & usually pick up weird shows for her. I'm also glad to see Tae Oh here, for a minute he was popular in Vietnam. 

I just need a cute romance drama with no weird & stressful situations. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Merry_Shai said:

Reality type where there's cameras set up all over the place & the weirdos still never bought a couch or table because "they were used to not having it" lol

A lot of Koreans are still comfortable with sitting on the floor rather than on a couch. So, if you're used to that, you just need a low table for eating or writing, rather than a couch or a big table with chairs. And actually, once you start furnishing, you usually end up needing more furniture. For instance you can't really have a table without chairs, and once you get a sofa, a coffee table of some kind is not far behind it.

2 hours ago, Merry_Shai said:

hope Se Kyung does well here, her agency is strange & usually pick up weird shows for her.

Two words "Blade Man". What the heck was her agency, or LDW's for that matter, thinking?

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha, it almost hurt to read this because it's not often that Kim Seon Ho gets the girl. 

But then there was '"Chief Kim", and KSH wasn't a lead character, but he did play the most adorable dork who got his girl in the drama. He also go the girl in "Waikiki 2". So, he has gotten the girl before.  We'll just have to wait for his next lead role.

ISW and SSK both look really good in the stills. Thanks for posting @Tofu!

• Like 2

@stroppyse

Blade Man was that drama that was so weird that I had to sit through and watch the whole thing lmao I was only mad at the ending, that didn't make any sense once you consider the actual plot. LDW has some misses, but at least it was somewhat enjoyable haha

I'm ready to hop on board this Siwan - Se Kyung ship and defend it with my life....unless either character does something dumb and I can't agree. 

• Haha 3

@Tofu at least no love triangles...so tired of them

Two very different romances

https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000368614

Placid Ki Sun Kyum and fiery Oh Mi Joo
Ki Sun Kyum is someone who does not easily lose his composure. In fact, he is sometimes so calm that he seems to be void of any emotions, flustering the people around him. Oh Mi Joo is the opposite of him. She has an explosive temper, and she doesn’t tolerate anything that annoys her. It will be interesting to see how she will speak up for him and why she reached out to him despite the fact she doesn’t easily sympathize with others. Viewers can look forward to watching how their partnership develops and the changes they experience as they get closer together.

Spoiler

im-siwan-shin-se-kyung4.jpg

im-siwan-shin-se-kyung-12.jpg

Seo Dan Ah, a woman of desire, and Lee Young Hwa, a man whose desire has been caught

In the drama, Ki Sun Kyum and Oh Mi Joo will slowly discover how to express their feelings and communicate properly with each other. However, Seo Dan Ah and Lee Young Hwa’s relationship begins with the process of recognizing each other’s feelings.

Seo Dan Ah, an ambitious woman with a business mindset, is able to see right through Lee Young Hwa and discover his hidden desire that nobody else could see. Lee Young Hwa approaches her with excitement and nervousness, putting her on edge and causing her to put up defensive walls around her. Their relationship will be filled with quarrelsome but blunt chemistry. Viewers can look forward to see how Lee Young Hwa’s sweet and down-to-earth charms will open up Seo Dan Ah’s cold heart that has never unlocked for anybody before.

sooyoung-kang-tae-oh-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring