La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

On 2/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, eNDe said:
On 2/21/2021 at 12:53 AM, JenL said:

Oohh a past GAR co-star and she had to carry him on her back :laugh: Haha if LJW and GAR could do such fun activities that would be the dream!

IKR! But GAR would not want to carry another male co-star again after that punishment in RM. It should be the other way round. Plus Jun rejected RaRa when she asked for a piggyback in ep 2! haha. 

Which RM episode was this? I want to see. 😅

I stumble upon an old interview where LJH was asked about GAR and he said he can't believe he is working with a beautiful doll like actress and he's sad he didn't have much scenes with her 😅

On 2/24/2021 at 12:50 PM, JenL said:

Btw, I can't believe I never saw the micro BTS video of them taking photos for the stills in front of Lalaland from YJW's Instagram until today (But it's a nice feeling discovering content you never saw before!). I love the way LJW looked at GAR in this...it had that Jun look and headshake, but also... he couldn't help but laugh and be charmed by GAR's craziness!

Hahaha. I love how reacts to every goofy GAR. It's like he can't believe that this pretty girl has this very much energy and craziness inside 🤣

On 2/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, JenL said:

mean, they've been good so far, but you just never know with this drama eh? :psweatduck:

True, save everything we can. Even the netflix korean ones 😅

On 2/25/2021 at 1:07 PM, JenL said:

Also hope she never gets rid of her Twitter and gif blog

I'll go check her twitter... 😅 is it the same username? I can't seem to find her 😨

On 2/24/2021 at 1:39 PM, eNDe said:

I'll definitely watch it when I'm back watching kdrama again as I'm having a break at the moment. haha. @purplefin Like you, once I'm done with kdrama spell,

I'm curious with  do you like brahms too but I don't watch 2 dramas with similar plots (e.g. Rooftop prince and Queen and I), I only watched rooftop prince 😆 . It seems unfair that I have to compare them, so I just watch one instead 😅 ( i know i'm weird 😆).  

I am curious with Signal too, it kept popping on my netflix recommendations. 

Move to heaven do seem to have a nice plot. I thought LJW will be a regular there 😅. But only a cameo? 

And I'm balancing work and school at the same time, if I will watch another drama this year I am making sure it will be worth whatever extra time  I have left 🤣😅

And or he's trying to work on his writing this year since his goal for 2020 was to become a prolific writer so that could part of the reason he's quietly busy to manage his projects

Maybe he is. That's good as long as he does what he loves. We just have to wait for his next project 😊.

we still wonder how exactly he calls her off-screen. 

Yes...sadly we wouldn't see it on the bts dvd. I was looking forward to hear what he calls her off screen 😅, most probably noona,  but we are free to dream 😆

get it, they're pretty but can they also remember them as talents? It's like old news and a recycled content to keep on mentioning. Gosh, I'm glad they moved on from SM. 

Most netizens  see them as pretty and doll-like but they forget to give credit to their talents too (though Yoona is my least fave of the 3, sorry 😅). I saw one comment  say that GAR doesn't have any charms despite how pretty she is that's why she only got famous in Reply 1994. It's a bit mean. But to each their own. I only saw 1 movie of LYH, A millionaire's first love. She was very young and her on screen partner was Hyun bin 😅

Thank you very much for your blog @JenL. It was such a safehaven 🥰🤗.

Happy 3 month anniversary guys!🥳😊

Once this lockdown is over, will be heading to S. Korea to see this locations 😆.  

Happy to have met you all here 🤗😃

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
5 hours ago, purplefin said:

I love how reacts to every goofy GAR. It's like he can't believe that this pretty girl has this very much energy and craziness inside

That why LJW said his first impression for GAR  is whether he able to handle her energy. Her energy is consistent and mybe LJW always shakes head with her actions.:laugh:

I did not want my delulu mood ON, but both of them updates their ig today.:wow:

Hope both of them get enough rest before accepted new offers. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, multiloverss said:

I did not want my delulu mood ON, but both of them updates their ig today.

My delulu mind can't help but think maybe they were together that night lol!!

The blurry one has that GAR vibes 😆 LJW didint even care if it was blurry,  he still posted it just like what GAR will do :lenny:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
16 hours ago, multiloverss said:

30 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

The blurry one has that GAR vibes 😆 LJW didint even care if it was blurry,  he still posted it just like what GAR will do :lenny:

Hahaha. I think this is the 2nd time that they posted hours apart. Had me thinking too 😏

Rational mind: just coincidence

Delulu mind: they might be together 🥰

Rational mind: maybe it's an ongoing trend for blurry pics to be posted 

Delulu mind: GAR definetly influenced him 🤭😆

Oh, these two 😁

20 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

They have the whole episode here but it doesnt have english subs tho. But I was still laughing while watching it 😅

Thank you for sharing, will have a look 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 2/26/2021 at 4:32 PM, JenL said:

:Party01: Happy 3 month anniversary from DDSSLLS, Twinkles! :Party02:

Thanks for all the lovely conversations, edits and news!

@JenL Thank you so much for the superbly done compilations of the latest content - The Mokpo Tour!!

Just that place alone, I got sucked into the space, thinking of the scenes in the drama, how hard the cast and crew must have worked and I'm so happy that they kept the main set in a way to give back to the people of Mokpo and fans of the drama. Thankful for the photos shared by many visitors and thank you @JenL once again, writing about the characters, drama scenes, the location used and putting them together for us to experience Mokpo as a whole and Eunpo all over again where our hearts and minds will always be together as Twinkles of DDSSLLS. 

I haven't "visit" the other filming locations in Seoul but I already know I'm gonna love it too. I'm still internalising the locations in Mokpo and enjoying every moment that I love about the drama through it but just couldn't wait to let you know how much I appreciate it before I continue my tour. haha. :eeeee:

Like everyone here, I hope one day I get to visit Mokpo in-person too! :hearties:

Happy 3 months to Twinkles! :Party02:

23 hours ago, purplefin said:

Which RM episode was this? I want to see. 😅

Here's a link with eng sub and some photos of GAR piggyback her co-star: 

Spoiler

https://ww2.kissasian.ai/drama/running-man-episode-298

pXkyjyA.png

5IfGxJc.png

iWVTigV.png

This appearance was to promote their movie Phantom Detective (2016). You should check it out if you haven't! Small role, no romance but she was cool in there. Overall a nice detective and action-packed movie and actress Roh Jeong-Eui from 18 Again is also in it. 

1 hour ago, purplefin said:

I love this influence if it turns out to be true. hahaha. 

I saw one comment  say that GAR doesn't have any charms despite how pretty she is that's why she only got famous in Reply 1994. It's a bit mean. But to each their own.

Yeap I've read too many of keyboard warriors, in the past, having a swell time at GAR that I've learned to detect their favourite key words from a glance and just skip their negativity. 

Move to heaven do seem to have a nice plot. I thought LJW will be a regular there 😅. But only a cameo? 

This article says LJW makes a special appearance. 

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/netflix-announces-casting-of-ji-jin-hee-lee-jae-wook-and-hong-seung-hee-for-new-korean-series-move-to-heaven

"Lee Jae-wook (When the Weather Is FineExtraordinary YouSearch WWW), makes a special appearance as Su-cheol, who had been involved with Sang-gu being sent to prison. Su-cheol’s appearance will pique viewers' curiosity not only for more insight into Sang-gu's past but also about Move to Heaven in general."

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 2/24/2021 at 4:50 AM, purplefin said:

Yeah any brand please hear us 😆.

I once saw a wedding photoshoot of LJW. Maybe they can do one with him and GAR in the future. 🙏

Hahaha I agree with this. I would be happy for any brand or any magazine or project to pair them up again! :BulbaOWO::heart:

On 2/25/2021 at 12:39 AM, eNDe said:

And or he's trying to work on his writing this year since his goal for 2020 was to become a prolific writer so that could part of the reason he's quietly busy to manage his projects. 

We are like GAR, cheering you on! 

Haha Thanks for reminding us! And I loved that you used pics from their Korean Netflix Interviews :wow: On the one hand, I sometimes think LJW looks like such a cool kid that he wouldn't be into reading/ writing...but he also seems rather thoughtful and really throws himself into every role he's done that I could also see him being quite into story-telling.

Hahaha, his Instagram captions for his latest posts have said that he's out drinking though :laugh:

Smart move right...haha. 

And she had public appearances with just one ring too anyway...

She's really cool about wearing ring(s). Haha. 

Hahaha she's just too cool to care about other's opinions. You have to admire that. Of course, it's also good disguise tactic to shield any meanings in her rings like this meaning... :laugh: 

PuLvILj.gif

I read some reviews for DYLB and certainly I was almost going to watch it at the same time with DDSSLLS but I really stopped myself because I want to appreciate them fully on its own. So I'll definitely watch it when I'm back watching kdrama again as I'm having a break at the moment. haha. @purplefin Like you, once I'm done with kdrama spell, I will go back to my anime or documentary watch. I'm excited to try Disney + and check out their offerings that includes National Geographics channel too. 

Ohhh, yeah definitely watch it when you're back into dramas again (totally understand taking drama breaks...sometimes you just need to cleanse your palette and Disney+ has a lot of fun content to stream). I watched DYLB on its live run just before DDSSLLS, so it didn't overlap...but I was pleasantly surprised at the difference between both series though I liked them both. I think I discovered last year that I really enjoy dramas about classical music. Often because they pick such nice pieces to go on the OST and the characters are more thoughtful and gentle souls.:wow:

For me, TKM pairings feels like people are trying to recreate/hype a popular pairing like what happened in Goblin. Unless correct me if I'm wrong, if anyone here watched it, that their pairings were great. However, I like it when the "underdogs" win it hehe. Hurray for KMJ and PEB!! 

Definitely more for underdog actors and pairings! I'm not a fan of either LMH or KGE, so I never watched The King series. I love Gong Yoo, but I wasn't a fan of Goblin as I felt there were some big plot holes in that story and didn't feel the chemistry with KGE? 

Whereas PEB and KMJ were super cute together and the story was quite realistic and thought provoking in a lot of ways, so was stoked that DYLB couple took out Best Couple for SBS! :heart:

Her character description :

Kwon Eun-bin as Min Yang-hee

Min Yang-hee (20) is a first year student in the Department of Computer Science (Class of '20). Her nickname is "Goddess of Engineering". Her father is a pilot so she grew up in wealth and is always wearing luxury brands. She can be oblivious but her charms make her impossible to hate.

It's like an extension of the same role in DDSSLLS. Maybe this time a character gonna hit her with a tennis ball in the head and she became oblivious after that but then there was one person who hated her - the person who smack that powerful forehand winner at her. 

Hahaha I love that you've listed this for us to avoid. Thank you! Gosh another university based/premise drama...I can safely avoid them. 

Haha, I'm surprised she is still such a side character here and then all of a sudden she will be second lead in another drama soon. KBS must like her  :nervous: But then again, she is a young idol of a rising kpop band and people seem to like her haughty looks :idk: 

I heard that Dear M was postponed because the main actress was involved in one of those bullying scandals that has exploded over social media. I'm not really sure what to believe - I don't think all stars are innocent and I think its possible some of them may have been bullies if they believed they would be successful/good looking/ from good families...But I also do think that some stars are targets by jealous ex-classmates/ "friends"/ ex-partners....There's been several cases recently...maybe it's better that both GAR and LJW are out of the limelight at the moment. :psweatduck:

Yes! She's a well-deserved winner of the signed polaroid and still posting about the drama. So cool! What a great photo opportunity together with the actual filming location! I hope GAR and LJW would see this photo. 

I hope they both see that photo too :heart:

:eeeee:Of course, very polite of him...but I think we still wonder how exactly he calls her off-screen. 

Hahaha since he never mentioned, we are free to imagine a lot of fun terms of closeness :smug:

I read an article shared on an IG post that Monsterunion is part of KBS and then I found this that said so:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Television_series_by_Monster_Union

Maybe the parent told the child to stop sharing the content openly. Let Swoon be the only channel to do it. 

Mmm this is true. It might be a distribution thing with Netflix, which is why The Swoon often updates with DDSSLLS and KBS has taken everything down. They also haven't advertised for new series, so hard to know what is happening. Oh well, I have all the additional videos so I guess I need to let this go like all the other things with this drama :idk:

Interesting...now that I remember you mentioned about this before as well...so you work in media industry?

The last time I got free movie passes was as an intern for CLEO magazine haha. 

In Arts and Entertainment! It's got it's perks particularly in the form of movie tickets and occasional celebrity run ins (I wish they were Korean celebrities :lenny:) ...wow I imagine it would be fun to intern at CLEO. I always wished I'd interned at a magazine!

You're absolutely right. For me, probably because I've watched a lot of Western rom-com at certain stage of life so I got sick of the genre but DDSSLLS is a rare one for me as a rom-com gem (with emotional/reflective lessons) in Kdrama.

Overall, I'm still discovering Kdrama itself and how they produced good stories, directing, casting, cinematography, music, costume and many more aspects of film and media. They're interesting to study personally for me as much as an enjoyment, to the point I'm not as interested in the Western produced dramas for some time now. So despite my allergy to certain rom-com, I love discovering kdrama gems even if it's a rom-com.:yayaya:

Totally agree your feelings about rom-coms...In my opinion, Western rom-coms have also gone down in quality since the 90's as well because they tend to really only paint a very specific picture of women and romance and I can't help but feel like it's often a little too superficial and physical rather than about connection and understanding between characters. I am more into Korean dramas on the whole, and when I do choose to watch a rom-com I prefer korean ones because it looks at other things than just the romance - like family, community, being independent etc. and the scripts are often wittier humour and better dialogue/emotions. Hehe, if they don't give it a stressful final arc, I find them fun light watches  :BulbaOWO::CharmanderYay:

He'll be glad none of this was brought up during quiz time with GAR. If she knew, she would have asked him to rap to the viewing fans when she had that chance! To think he almost wanted to suggest rap to GAR. haha. 

Hahaha, I wish the interviewer of Korean Netflix had seen his pre-debut videos and let it loose on GAR :laugh: LJW would be so doomed...and super embarrassed to rap in front of sunbaenim for sure. 

While looking for photos, I found this article wrote the translated posters for GAR's coffee truck sent by her senior actor Lee Jung Jae: https://www.soompi.com/article/1412276wpp/go-ara-thanks-lee-jung-jae-for-thoughtful-gift

"The banner next to the coffee truck, which features a large photo of Go Ara, reads, “‘Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol,’ please take good care of our Ara. From actor Lee Jung Jae.”

I realised LJW's pose is meaningful as if he said "Yes, Sir!" 

Hehe, I love that coffee truck photo of the 2 of them :BulbaOWO::BulbaOWO::BulbaOWO:

On 2/26/2021 at 2:35 AM, twinkler0415 said:

Im also on a break at the moment. 😅 I said to myself before I will watch true beauty once its done airing, but here I am, not watching anything new and is rewatching DDSSLLS again 

Hehe you're not the only one! It looks like a few of the fans watch this drama on repeat, especially on Instagram. :heart: True Beauty is a fun watch though. Super light hearted and LJW makes a cameo!

I saw one shipper of GAR and kim myung soo ig wherein she posted a collage of GAR and  KMS wearing the same balenciaga cap lol!!! 

Hahaha I saw that too. But I think that KMS photo is from awhile back? I didn't see it on his instagram... :thinking:

So more likely she was (accidentally) matching with LJW :laugh:

I only understand now why fans repost stuffs the actors posts lol!!! 😅 thank you for shedding the light to me again @JenL😅

Haha, I actually use to wonder this too...it's weird to see like 20 posts of the same actor's photos if you follow a lot of fan accounts...But it's helpful if they delete photos once in awhile like LJW...haha him and his careful social media management :lol:

On 2/26/2021 at 3:19 AM, multiloverss said:

Agreed.There are no pairing that catch my eyes right now. Usually i only watch one ongoing drama per year. DDSSLLS the only drama i watch ongoing last year because i curious about their chemistry and in the end their chemistry caught me so i'm still cannot move on form them.

Hahaha, I'm not sure when I'll ever move on either. I've watched a number of romances since DDSSLLS ended but none of them have caught me like this. I've gotten over all of those so far....but still hanging onto Jun and Lala daily :wow:

it is good? i'm planning to watch it but still not sure whether i start river where the moon rises, vincenzo or beyond evil first because right now still replay sweet scene  in DDSSLLS

Beyond Evil is soooo good. Super suspenseful and the acting is on point. I think it's the best thing I'm watching at the moment...but I'm also not watching much :laugh: Actually, I am watching When the Weather is Fine and I love it! There's something very warm about a countryside bookstore in winter with a book club. I like that LJW picked a role that had actors of all ages - young and old - it was like a precursor to DDSSLLS. He is very chatty in it...but I really like warm, fun, trash-talking characters :heart: And I have seen an interview where he said that character is similar to him...having watched Behind the Scenes/ Swoon games...I feel like he is cheeky like that!

LJW still amazes with GAR energy that why he always shakes his head looking at her action.

Hahaha it's a look of amusement and admiration that is is so much crazy fun :CharmanderYay:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 2/27/2021 at 6:07 PM, twinkler0415 said:

I love your blog @JenL. Thank you so much :wow:

On 2/27/2021 at 6:45 PM, CINNABOM said:

I can’t believe it’s been 3 months since the show ended. I’m ready for another LJW x GA project. I have enjoyed reading everyone’s post here. And thank you @JenL for all your hard work. Your blog is so helpful in giving me ideas for places to visit once I’m able to travel again!:love:

No worries, Thanks for being such lovely fans of the series! It's been nice to have people to obsess over DDSSLLS, LJW and GAR with :hearties:

Also wanted to say...today was Kim Joo Hun's (Dr Cha's) Birthday...Happy birthday KJH...in honour of the occasion, here is a subbing of the short video from his agency that features both LJW and GAR :CharmanderYay:

It's the usual softsubs...you'll need to turn on CC> English on Youtube to see the subs:

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

On 2/27/2021 at 8:43 PM, purplefin said:

Hahaha. I love how reacts to every goofy GAR. It's like he can't believe that this pretty girl has this very much energy and craziness inside 🤣

Haha I believe this is truly his feelings about GAR :lenny: She is pretty and crazy fun :hearties:

I'll go check her twitter... 😅 is it the same username? I can't seem to find her 😨

The Instagrammer One Cloudy Day is known as Melody on Twitter...you can follow her here (below)...She also had a blog with gifs, but she recently turned it on private :letalQQ: Still, she said it's only because she's fixing something and plans to turn her gif blog back to public when she can (I hope she does because she has lot of pretty DDSSLLS gifs as well as LJW gifs!)

Nope only a cameo or side role. I think LJW will probably be in 1-2 episodes by the sounds of it ?

:thinking:

And I'm balancing work and school at the same time, if I will watch another drama this year I am making sure it will be worth whatever extra time  I have left 🤣😅

Wow, you must be very busy! :psweatduck: Haha hopefully a good project comes along worth your time. But we can always re watch DDSSLLS and be happy with the Jun and Lala moments :heart:

True, save everything we can. Even the netflix korean ones 😅

Hahaha, I've definitely saved these interviews/ games for sure! Speaking of the Korean Netflix games, someone found the article which was one of the questions LJW asked GAR in the TMI Quiz and she got right...it was about a director saying LJW had that rare naturalness in front of a camera that few actors have. I would agree with that. He seems so comfortable in front of a camera whatever character he is! :wow:

Yes...sadly we wouldn't see it on the bts dvd. I was looking forward to hear what he calls her off screen 😅, most probably noona,  but we are free to dream 😆

I knowwwww, that's something I would love to know... but I guess we just have to use our imaginations :laugh:

Most netizens  see them as pretty and doll-like

Lately I saw that fans voted GAR as the most beautiful actress: https://kingchoice.me/topic-most-beautiful-korean-actresses-2021-close-february-28-1260.html

Wonder if LJW ever saw this and thought about how he got to kiss work with the most beautiful actress :smug:

Thank you very much for your blog @JenL. It was such a safehaven 🥰🤗.

Happy 3 month anniversary guys!🥳😊

Once this lockdown is over, will be heading to S. Korea to see this locations 😆.  

Happy to have met you all here 🤗😃

All good! Yes, we all need to go...Haha, because I follow the hashtags. I keep finding more pictures of Mokpo that I swear I need to update my posts....it'll be never ending! :laugh: I'll put some photos here and put the credits on my blog.

Someone recently posted a close up of the chair where Jun and Lala washed each other's hair. It's definitely not been put in the same direction, but looks like the right chair! :wow:

tbcnRXd.jpg

Also someone posted a photo of the windows where Jun and Lala looked at the rain

vewnuHm.jpg

Actually there's many more new photos of the inside of Lala land, so feel free to check out my updates if you're curious about the detailings :heiboi: Some people might not like to see spoilers, but I feel like it'll be awhile before we can travel...I'm gonna look now and then figure out the best angles to take my own pictures when I get the chance to visit :BulbaOWO::hearties:

On 2/27/2021 at 10:14 PM, twinkler0415 said:

They have the whole episode here but it doesnt have english subs tho. But I was still laughing while watching it 😅

Thanks for sharing! This is so funny! :lol:

On 2/28/2021 at 1:57 AM, multiloverss said:

That why LJW said his first impression for GAR  is whether he able to handle her energy. Her energy is consistent and mybe LJW always shakes head with her actions.:laugh:

Haha, he shakes his head, but he's always amused and charmed by her weirdness :heart:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Lately I saw that fans voted GAR as the most beautiful actress: https://kingchoice.me/topic-most-beautiful-korean-actresses-2021-close-february-28-1260.html

Woah!! Thats awesome. Is the survey done by koreans? I'm looking at the numbers and GAR has alot of votes! I saw this before but she was like only number 3 i think, but wow! The gap on the number of votes are really far from GAR' numbers. This is so nice to know 😀

3 hours ago, JenL said:

only a cameo or side role. I think LJW will probably be in 1-2 episodes by the sounds

On 2/28/2021 at 5:01 PM, eNDe said:

Lee Jae-wook (When the Weather Is FineExtraordinary YouSearch WWW), makes a special appearance as Su-cheol, who had been involved with Sang-gu being sent to prison. Su-cheol’s appearance will pique viewers' curiosity not only for more insight into Sang-gu's past but also about Move to Heaven in general

I have a feeling, based on the description of his character, that his character will receive so much hate :laugh:  he is one of the reason why Lee Je Hoon's character was sent to prison. LJW must be the one who betrayed him 😆

On 3/1/2021 at 8:47 PM, JenL said:

here is a subbing of the short video from his agency that features both LJW and GAR :CharmanderYay:

It's the usual softsubs...you'll need to turn on CC> English on Youtube to see the subs:

Thank you for this @JenL

On 3/1/2021 at 7:33 PM, JenL said:

have seen an interview where he said that character is similar to him...having watched Behind the Scenes/ Swoon games...I feel like he is cheeky like 

Havent watched when the weather is fine (not a fan of park min young) but based on the interviews of LJW and GAR you can really tell he is kinda  cheeky, the way he always tease GAR like her age, the part when GAR chose spicy food but said she couldn't tolerate spicy food and he said to her 'you should know that sunbaenim" 😏 good think GAR knows how to turn it into humour 😁 

rings like this meaning... :laugh: 

PuLvILj.gif

Seriously, swoon always include DDSSLLS. Even the 'good good good' phrase of Rara was included 😄 makes my day evertime i see something on DDSSLLS that swoon includes. Big hug to the staff of the swoon who also can't

move on like us 😅

On 2/28/2021 at 3:53 PM, purplefin said:

Oh, these two 😁

So funny!! I prefer delulu mind 😆

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 6
On 2/28/2021 at 9:01 AM, eNDe said:

The episode was funny but I feel sorry for GAR at the same time, she has to piggyback him 🤣. Imagine if he did it with LJW 😅. She'll probably get her face marked as LJW is so tall 😅

It would have been fun if both of them can be guests in a variety show at the same time. 😅

On 3/1/2021 at 11:33 AM, JenL said:

Hahaha, his Instagram captions for his latest posts have said that he's out drinking though :laugh:

I think it's the 2nd time he had captioned 'drink' on his posts 😅. Don't be an alcoholic, kid. 🤣

On 3/1/2021 at 11:33 AM, JenL said:

There's been several cases recently...maybe it's better that both GAR and LJW are out of the limelight at the moment. :psweatduck:

I think it started with the uncanny counter actor then all of a sudden almost everyone is accused of bullying 😱. Most of the other actors/actresses endorsements/ dramas were on a hold even if it's still not proven. I hope no one ends being depressed because of this. 

True, they seem to target new/younger actors. Wise decision of LJW to take a break for now.

@JenLthanks for the subs and twitter account, I'll go check it and follow her right away 😅

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Nope only a cameo or side role. I think LJW will probably be in 1-2 episodes by the sounds of it ?

:thinking:

Will probably watch if I got the time 😅. Is this one on netflix? 

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Wow, you must be very busy! :psweatduck: Haha

You wouldn't believe 🥴 and I've got exams coming soon too 🤦‍♀️. Luckily, this course is just for a  year  ( have to think on the bright side 😂).  Anyways, I always get back to this drama and watch their cutesy moments if I'm getting stressed 😅. If I survive the course,  I swear I'm going to thank them 🤣.  

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Wonder if LJW ever saw this and thought about how he got to kiss work with the most beautiful actress :smug:

He must feel elated ey 😅.  How lucky can he be? 😍 They did 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 a couple of times 😄. It's like a bonus after winning best actor 😅. I remember their 1st kiss  BTS  on the cable car where LJW was accidentally hit  by a mic when he was quickly rushing out 😅. I bet he was screaming inside  after that kiss 🤣.

8 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I have a feeling, based on the description of his character, that his character will receive so much hate :laugh:  he is one of the reason why Lee Je Hoon's character was sent to prison. LJW must be the one who betrayed him 😆

Hahaha. I'd rather he take this role than doing another romcom anytime 😅🤣

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Woah!! Thats awesome. Is the survey done by koreans? I'm looking at the numbers and GAR has alot of votes! I saw this before but she was like only number 3 i think, but wow! The gap on the number of votes are really far from GAR' numbers. This is so nice to know 😀

I think there were 3 other celebrities so far I have known that find  her really pretty; taecyeon, henry and LJH. I'm not sure if there are still more 😆. I wish aside from her beauty, she'll get praised with her acting too. 

said to her 'you should know that sunbaenim" 😏 good think GAR knows how to turn it into humour 😁 

They really have good chemistry... they do complement each other. D*mn kbs 😅

Big hug to the staff of the swoon who also can't

move on like us 😅

Are you guys sure, none of you are working for The Swoon? 😅🤣 

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
21 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

based on the interviews of LJW and GAR you can really tell he is kinda  cheeky, the way he always tease GAR like her age, the part when GAR chose spicy food but said she couldn't tolerate spicy food and he said to her 'you should know that sunbaenim" 😏 good think GAR knows how to turn it into humour 😁 

i really like their interactions KBS interview... LJW look more comfortable as he always take the every chance he had to tease GAR.

13 hours ago, purplefin said:

Most of the other actors/actresses endorsements/ dramas were on a hold even if it's still not proven. I hope no one ends being depressed because of this. 

True, they seem to target new/younger actors. Wise decision of LJW to take a break for now

you right....i think he did the  right things to take some break. I'm worried if anyone that would dragged into this issues.For now, i'm not a fan for all person that had bully rumour.

14 hours ago, purplefin said:

They really have good chemistry... they do complement each other. D*mn kbs

KBS should regret its

• Like 5
On 2/28/2021 at 1:57 AM, multiloverss said:

On 2/28/2021 at 6:17 PM, twinkler0415 said:

On 2/28/2021 at 6:53 PM, purplefin said:

Hahaha. I think this is the 2nd time that they posted hours apart. Had me thinking too 😏

Hahaha I also saw when these two posted at almost the same times on the same day and I was charmed by their timing :wow:  I like that everyone's mind went straight to..."Are GAR and LJW hanging out??" :laugh: Well it's true that they barely post and so when they do post and do it on the same day, it's exciting...

I like your comparison between rational mind and delulu fan mind :laugh: Delulu mind is fun!

On 2/28/2021 at 8:01 PM, eNDe said:

@JenL Thank you so much for the superbly done compilations of the latest content - The Mokpo Tour!!

Just that place alone, I got sucked into the space, thinking of the scenes in the drama, how hard the cast and crew must have worked and I'm so happy that they kept the main set in a way to give back to the people of Mokpo and fans of the drama. Thankful for the photos shared by many visitors and thank you @JenL once again, writing about the characters, drama scenes, the location used and putting them together for us to experience Mokpo as a whole and Eunpo all over again where our hearts and minds will always be together as Twinkles of DDSSLLS. 

Thanks @eNDe for your lovely words! I'm glad you enjoyed this little virtual visit to Mokpo. Every now and then I find a photo showing another angle of Lala Land or another place in Mokpo and I'll chuck it in because it's just like piecing together a puzzle of this dreamy place that makes up the lovely Eunpo of our drama. Even though many things have been taken away from this drama, I feel grateful that at least Mokpo seems to have appreciated the drama and left some keepsakes for us to come treasure hunt in the future :BulbaOWO::hearties:

I haven't "visit" the other filming locations in Seoul but I already know I'm gonna love it too. I'm still internalising the locations in Mokpo and enjoying every moment that I love about the drama through it but just couldn't wait to let you know how much I appreciate it before I continue my tour. haha. :eeeee:

Ah yes! Hope you enjoy the Seoul tour too :Party01:

I realised that although most of the happier memories take place in Eunpo, the 3 first meetings take place in Seoul since they were both younger and living there. And both of Lala's weddings that Jun crashes also take place in Seoul although they make the second wedding look like it's in an Eunpo church :laugh: The place I want to go to the most is the cafe they met at.

The cafe recently posted another picture from the drama, proud to have been a backdrop: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLvLQmrl0Q8/

Buam7 which is the location where Jun's house was filmed also recently posted more behind the scenes photos, though none with the actors (you can see Jun's mum on the camera screen though): https://www.instagram.com/p/CLwCl04JX8N/

Hahaha, thanks so much for this! But she's so tiny!!! How did she even manage?! :lettalKWA:

Yeap I've read too many of keyboard warriors, in the past, having a swell time at GAR that I've learned to detect their favourite key words from a glance and just skip their negativity. 

Speaking of this, I am actually glad both GAR and LJW are on break because there seems to be a wave of accusations for a lot of actors who are on screen now. I think it's good that people who have actually been bullied speak up against their accusers and actors who have done wrong like Ji Soo own up and get punished for past bad behaviour (There must have been a lot of evidence against him for his agency to advise him to apologise.) But I am also worried that if actors are innocent, some jealous ex-friends/ ex-partners/ hater anti-fans are taking advantage of the situation to wreck people's lives. I would hope that the actors I like are not bullies,  but I also hope they wouldn't meet false accusations that would hurt them :psweatduck: I've seen so many nice things said by other people about these two so I hope it's a bubble that keeps them safe.

"Lee Jae-wook (When the Weather Is FineExtraordinary YouSearch WWW), makes a special appearance as Su-cheol, who had been involved with Sang-gu being sent to prison. Su-cheol’s appearance will pique viewers' curiosity not only for more insight into Sang-gu's past but also about Move to Heaven in general."

Thanks for this official announcement! Why did they not mention DDSSLLS for LJW when it was a netflix show?? :letalQQ: 

But seeing When the Weather is Fine mentioned, I'm enjoying that drama a lot! :wow:

In fact it's helping to fill the hole that was left by DDSSLLS because it's also set in a beautiful country town location which lots of warm townsfolk which reminds me of how important Eunpo was and LJW's character is so funny and hyper in his super talkative form- He's quite convincing as over-sharer Jang Woo as much as he was being the secretive Jun. The story is such a beautiful slice of life with both an air of mystery, a lot of stories about family and friends and some romance, but so far being over half way I'm liking how mild and gentle it is with not a huge amount of romance for LJW (haha because it's still Lala and Jun for me!)

Also didn't realise LJW had worked with one of the ahjummas closely from DDSSLLS before - the one who speaks English :laugh: In When the Weather is Fine , LJW's character Jang Woo runs a book club and that ahjumma is part of the book club and they interact. Haha, I'll share cute LJW gifs in the spoilers since not DDSSLLS content

Spoiler

8ZYJFHQ.gif

MwbdDM0.gif

It's a real drought now with DDSSLLS/ GAR & LJW content at the moment, but I'll share some edits I really like made with really nice gentle music:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIenKVIJ8LB/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHAtMNcDH4W/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGlGu-2oh8p/

DVR10HZ.gif

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

On 3/4/2021 at 12:53 AM, twinkler0415 said:

I'm not sure if the survey was by Koreans or all fans. It made all the Go Ara Instagram accounts happy, that's for sure! I know if it was International then they would have had a hand in voting for sure! :Party01:

I have a feeling, based on the description of his character, that his character will receive so much hate. He is one of the reason why Lee Je Hoon's character was sent to prison. LJW must be the one who betrayed him

Haha, I feel like LJW is good at pulling off dislikeable characters (ie. Marco Han, Baek Kyung). I think he will be either cowardly or villainous in this little role, but hopefully it'll still be good. I know he had a huge fan base who will still love him regardless :lenny::lol:

Havent watched when the weather is fine (not a fan of park min young) but based on the interviews of LJW and GAR you can really tell he is kinda  cheeky, the way he always tease GAR like her age, the part when GAR chose spicy food but said she couldn't tolerate spicy food and he said to her 'you should know that sunbaenim" 😏 good think GAR knows how to turn it into humour 😁 

Hahaha, I like Park Min Young, but often don't like who she's paired up with (Not a fan of Park Seo Jun, Ji chang wook etc ). But I definitely like Seo Kang Joon, so I'm enjoying the drama...Also LJW plays such an adorable character. I'd say he is the warmest and softest as Jun in Dodosolsollalasol and Jang Woo in When the Weather is Fine. :heart:

LJW is definitely cheeky....haha I always think about how GAR asked if Sunja would want a kiss from Manbok in the making for their kiss scene and LJW was like, "of course she would"...haha but GAR matches him with her cheek. I remember she made a joke saying she didn't think he could memorise all his lines and then said she was joking...and he was like "I don't think you were joking...Let's talk after this!" :laugh:

I miss these two they were sweeter than chocolate :brb:

JLc7uHF.gif

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

By the way, would like to share some news, Sasim ( the maker of the teddy bear keychain) now ships internationally 🥰😄.  I just got mine. The tote bag is a gift from my flatmate 😆

spacer.png

P.s. 

Apologies for the blurry pic 😅

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

I think I discovered last year that I really enjoy dramas about classical music. Often because they pick such nice pieces to go on the OST and the characters are more thoughtful and gentle souls.:wow:

I agree and I wish I could see more well-written storyline and characters when they produced art-related dramas. For me, music is parallel to art and vice versa therefore I hope to see more sensitivity in telling stories or characters with art background as well. This is probably why I disliked that drama description that LJW was rumoured to take on next and so glad it didn't happen.  Maybe I haven't discover a good one in kdrama land. Any suggestion, anyone? :heiboi:

Definitely more for underdog actors and pairings! I'm not a fan of either LMH or KGE, so I never watched The King series. I love Gong Yoo, but I wasn't a fan of Goblin as I felt there were some big plot holes in that story and didn't feel the chemistry with KGE? 

Me too, I love underdog actors and pairings! That way I get to organically discover new works from them. I watched Goblin upon my sister's recommendation but dropped it after 4 episodes and also didn't feel the chemistry between the main leads. I remember Descendants of the Sun was similarly being so popular and talked about then I read it's more about romance between a doctor and soldier, I decided to give it a miss at that time. Watched it years later and I overall liked the side characters more haha. 

I've always prefer less romance so D-Day (2015) that focus more on a natural disaster with doctors and emergency personnels from different hospitals is more of my cup of tea. hehe. I like Kim Young-Kwang and Jung So-Min pairing in this drama and wouldn't mind rewatching it. 

maybe it's better that both GAR and LJW are out of the limelight at the moment. :psweatduck:

I've finally read these news and allegations so I second that, I'm glad they are taking time to take the next project. More time for us to linger on DDSSLLS by rewatching favourite scenes and lines. haha. 

In Arts and Entertainment! It's got it's perks particularly in the form of movie tickets and occasional celebrity run ins (I wish they were Korean celebrities :lenny:)

I've had the opportunities to meet local celebrities and entertainers however, I'm glad it's a short period, because often they come with entourage of assistants or attracting more people to the surrounding...so being an introvert, I'll find ways to leave the space we share. hahaha. I remember thinking if I ever meet my favourite tennis player, I wouldn't know what to say or how to approach for an autograph...so when my friend in Austria helped me to get one for me, I'm saved. Haha. :PikaWutS:

On 3/3/2021 at 9:53 PM, twinkler0415 said:

But it's gonna be LJW and Lee Je Hoon...so for me I cannot dislike this idea of them together in a scene. :eeeee:

Can't wait for it! :hearties:

On 3/3/2021 at 9:53 PM, twinkler0415 said:

IKR, she's pretty good at countering his teasing and end it with similar note so it's fun in the end. So so glad we can always watch their Swoon and KBS interviews! 

I like PMY in Queen for Seven Days (I prefer her in historical drama somehow) and Healer. She tend to get a lot of good/popular male pairings actually but I wasn't too interested in her other works so far. I probably will watch clips of Weather is Fine for LJW. 

On 3/4/2021 at 5:31 AM, purplefin said:

Imagine if he did it with LJW 😅. She'll probably get her face marked as LJW is so tall 😅

It would have been fun if both of them can be guests in a variety show at the same time. 😅

Haha yeah, would be fun to see what LJW has to react to the "punishment" or in any of those fun games variety show will make guests do. :brb:

You wouldn't believe 🥴 and I've got exams coming soon too 🤦‍♀️. Luckily, this course is just for a  year  ( have to think on the bright side 😂).  Anyways, I always get back to this drama and watch their cutesy moments if I'm getting stressed 😅. If I survive the course,  I swear I'm going to thank them 🤣.  

Yay! I hope DDSSLLS and our fave pairings will give you the energy to keep moving! Cheering you on! :Party01:

He must feel elated ey 😅.  How lucky can he be? 😍 They did 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 a couple of times 😄. It's like a bonus after winning best actor 😅. I remember their 1st kiss  BTS  on the cable car where LJW was accidentally hit  by a mic when he was quickly rushing out 😅. I bet he was screaming inside  after that kiss 🤣.

hahahaha...I hope he knows, from GAR's fan perspective, he's probably the only actor I think got the most kiss scenes with GAR and best chemistry on top of that! 

I think there were 3 other celebrities so far I have known that find  her really pretty; taecyeon, henry and LJH. I'm not sure if there are still more 😆. I wish aside from her beauty, she'll get praised with her acting too. 

You're right, these 3 celebrities did say about her beauty specifically in interview/show and I think her friendship/connection with Henry is often talked about that I wish I could see them together in a show or project someday. With Artist Company, one step at a time with each project, GAR will always have a chance to keep getting better. I feel positive about it. :duckyes:

On 3/4/2021 at 7:32 PM, multiloverss said:

i really like their interactions KBS interview... LJW look more comfortable as he always take the every chance he had to tease GAR.

I noticed it too and perhaps after he knows her better, he got better at teasing her. haha. 

On 3/6/2021 at 10:18 AM, JenL said:

Hahaha I also saw when these two posted at almost the same times on the same day and I was charmed by their timing :wow:

Me too. hehe.

The place I want to go to the most is the cafe they met at.

The cafe recently posted another picture from the drama, proud to have been a backdrop: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLvLQmrl0Q8/

Buam7 which is the location where Jun's house was filmed also recently posted more behind the scenes photos, though none with the actors (you can see Jun's mum on the camera screen though): https://www.instagram.com/p/CLwCl04JX8N/

Oh yes...that cafe's interior is so awesome, I love the seating arrangement too! I would love to visit it too. 

Thanks for sharing these links! That Buam7 location is so beautiful and love how versatile that interior can be for filming and conduction classes! 

I would hope that the actors I like are not bullies,  but I also hope they wouldn't meet false accusations that would hurt them :psweatduck: I've seen so many nice things said by other people about these two so I hope it's a bubble that keeps them safe.

Yeah let's hope these two are not being dragged into this matter for GAR always care for her fans (even aware of her international fans) and LJW has shown his steady and seriousness in his craft more than needing to be everywhere for popularity sake. I hope them safe too. 

It's a real drought now with DDSSLLS/ GAR & LJW content at the moment, but I'll share some edits I really like made with really nice gentle music:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIenKVIJ8LB/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHAtMNcDH4W/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGlGu-2oh8p/

Lovely! :hearties:

On 3/7/2021 at 5:35 PM, JenL said:

LJW is definitely cheeky....haha I always think about how GAR asked if Sunja would want a kiss from Manbok in the making for their kiss scene and LJW was like, "of course she would"...haha but GAR matches him with her cheek. I remember she made a joke saying she didn't think he could memorise all his lines and then said she was joking...and he was like "I don't think you were joking...Let's talk after this!" :laugh:

Yeah I cannot forget his replies haha...this guy really...

19 hours ago, purplefin said:

By the way, would like to share some news, Sasim ( the maker of the teddy bear keychain) now ships internationally 🥰😄.  I just got mine. The tote bag is a gift from my flatmate 😆

Awesome! I've ordered mine recently too...patiently waiting now :hug: Such a nice gift from your flatmate! I was already thinking of screen printing my blank totes for DDSSLLS memories haha...if this happen, I'll let you all know! 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Here's what I think this letter in ep12 could also mean for LJW and GAR at this time as we await their project news:

spacer.png

:Party01:

I wish we could see a bts for this date:

spacer.png

Well, at least I bought the keyring to remind me of this scene and drama hehe...

And I've always wanted to imagine them wearing school uniform in a scene together...it could be like an entire different storyline like Sunja and Manbok: It could be them sorting out and deep in thoughts of how to be together too someday.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Everyday I hope to be reminded of this :hearties:

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 3/4/2021 at 8:31 AM, purplefin said:

The episode was funny but I feel sorry for GAR at the same time, she has to piggyback him 🤣. Imagine if he did it with LJW 😅. She'll probably get her face marked as LJW is so tall 😅

Hahaha don't worry I think it would never happen. I feel like LJW would definitely offer to piggyback her or just die from embarrassment first :laugh: But yes, please put them in a variety show or award show one day...I will cross my fingers hard

I think it's the 2nd time he had captioned 'drink' on his posts 😅. Don't be an alcoholic, kid. 🤣

Hahaha I believe he's quite the drinker :laugh: (But what young 20-something-year-old isn't really?) Remember his good bye gift when he finished filming DDSSLLS was a bottle of wine that he said he'd wanted to try for awhile that his staffers somehow managed to get for him. Also his drink of choice in that Thai DDSSLLS interview with GAR was beer....and the first time they met together for drink, LJW drank a little too much and that's why he was so clingy with GAR in that picture where he was hugging her...haha, love it.

I haven't seen Search WWW, but I think that's the most LJW has had to kiss one actress :smug: Also if you think of all the extra shots they did but didn't get used except for BTS....

A collection of kisses

025T92W.gif

2w83bUV.gif

RnAIsOS.gif

bjNsYTu.gif

I think it started with the uncanny counter actor then all of a sudden almost everyone is accused of bullying 😱. Most of the other actors/actresses endorsements/ dramas were on a hold even if it's still not proven. I hope no one ends being depressed because of this. 

True, they seem to target new/younger actors. Wise decision of LJW to take a break for now.

Yeah, I feel sorry for JBG...I guess we can never be sure, but the accusations seem a bit off to me because he seems too slight to be hitting people, so I think they're not true, or exaggerated...yeah, even though I'd like to see GAR and LJW, I think it'd be good to take a break for awhile and avoid KBS (3 of the stars accused for bullying have been in KBS shows....so there seems to be bad luck on that channel. Maybe Karma for not handling DDSSLLS right :lenny:)

Are you guys sure, none of you are working for The Swoon? 😅🤣 

Hahaha, but there's been nothing recently :MonkaTang: Hope someone will post something again soon!

On 3/4/2021 at 10:32 PM, multiloverss said:

I love the teasing both ways :eeeee:Even in that short video for Dr Cha's agency, GAR laughs at him for fixing Dr Cha's collar and he looks at her and is like "But they're taking pictures of him!" Hehe, he's always getting teased by GAR too 

On 3/4/2021 at 10:32 PM, multiloverss said:

you right....i think he did the  right things to take some break. I'm worried if anyone that would dragged into this issues.For now, i'm not a fan for all person that had bully rumour.

The bullying accusations are tough. I think it's good that people have an avenue to complain and get justice if they were really bullied and there's hard evidence for it (like Ji Soo)...but I also think it can be a way for jealous people and haters to get revenge....So far, reading through Park Hye Soo and Jo Byeong Gyu's cases, I think the accusations sound suspicious and I don't think either of them look particularly like they're have the bodily capacity to hit anyone? I think it's good to read through the facts before judging. :thinking:

In any case, I'm just hoping GAR and LJW come back refreshed at a better time with good projects....In the meantime, I'm still happy to bask in the warmth of DDSSLLS and Lala and Jun's love...And also some of their past projects...I really like When the Weather is Fine - LJW's character is super adorable and warm....but the story with a countryside community book club also reminds me of the good things of DDSSLLS :BulbaOWO::heart: 

Hahaha, I'm finding all these links with their past projects and DDSSLLS. Actually there's a scene in  When the Weather is Fine where the book club come together to read some old korean legends and the ending of the legends and reactions to the ending reminded me of DDSSLLS...I'll put it in the spoilers...but it made me think that the writer's were basing the ending of DDSSLLS on a Korean fairytale or legend. :idk:

Spoiler

You can watch the actual scene here...it's quite cute and the scene includes the ahjumma from DDSSLLS who speaks English and LJW since they're both members of the book club and they tell a legend that is similar in the ending to DDSSLLS  at 16:10-17:33: https://kissasian.la/ill-find-you-on-a-beautiful-day-episode-3/ 

Or you can see screenshots below...(sorry for the different sizes) Isn't it spookily like DDSSLLS? The kids even ask if the story is a rom-com! :laugh:

LYitKpt.png

YPm1Vqg.png

sxQldOP.png

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

4 hours ago, JenL said:

I really like When the Weather is Fine - LJW's character is super adorable and warm....but the story with a countryside community book club also reminds me of the good things of DDSSLLS 

LJW character is so warm....i really like his character as he is SNU student but choose to work at countryside. I like one of jangwoo lines in that drama as he said " People may said it mundane life, but working hard and living ordinary life is my happiness ".It look simple and had a deep meaning.

I'm not a fan for park minyoung and seo kangjun but i finished this drama for LJW and i also skip to his scene and book club meeting. I really the way all the member share their opinion about the book.

4 hours ago, JenL said:

GAR laughs at him for fixing Dr Cha's collar and he looks at her and is like "But they're taking pictures of him!" Hehe, he's always getting teased by GAR too 

Both of them.like to tease each other:hearties:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
18 hours ago, multiloverss said:

LJW character is so warm....i really like his character as he is SNU student but choose to work at countryside. I like one of jangwoo lines in that drama as he said " People may said it mundane life, but working hard and living ordinary life is my happiness ".It look simple and had a deep meaning.

I'm not a fan for park minyoung and seo kangjun but i finished this drama for LJW and i also skip to his scene and book club meeting. I really the way all the member share their opinion about the book.

Love the quote, thank you for sharing! Also why RaRa’s definition of dreams is meaningful too. Dreams and happiness should be our own definition. 

:yayaya:
His character here really seems like the kind I would be interested too if I hadn’t known the actor. Honestly I’m not so interested with the main lead pairings too and knowing at the time I was waiting for LJW’s lead role, I skipped this drama. I like the settings though. 

On 3/10/2021 at 7:50 PM, JenL said:

but it made me think that the writer's were basing the ending of DDSSLLS on a Korean fairytale or legend. :idk:

I like this theory better than say, something happened between the writer and kbs that they want to change the ending abruptly.

But sadly how many Korean viewers actually would have notice the ending being based on a Korean fairytale or legend...they would have leave obvious reviews for us international viewers to make sense of it earlier on. So to the writer, I hope your next project has a clearer ending. :heiboi:

I haven’t rewatch the xmas scene and I remember we discussed about it before, I also think it’s such a cruel scene as it ruined the mood for the viewers especially. I don’t celebrate xmas but it’s an important celebration for those who do and I would never want to hurt my characters and viewers if I’m writing a story in the similar vein of DDSSLLS. I would have want to keep the main point the main point. 

Thankfully, really, thankfully, we have more of the good things to rave about the drama and rewatch the scenes for. :hearties:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
2 hours ago, eNDe said:

Love the quote, thank you for sharing!

most welcome:smile:

2 hours ago, eNDe said:

His character here really seems like the kind I would be interested too if I hadn’t known the actor

your right....his character is interesting. Many review i read about this drama like jangwoo character and i would prefer his character compare to male lead.

2 hours ago, eNDe said:

So to the writer, I hope your next project has a clearer ending

She better do well in her next drama...how come other drama got happy ending with wedding scene but DDSSLLS got 5 last minutes of main lead to get together.:mad:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
On 3/9/2021 at 2:50 PM, eNDe said:

Here's what I think this letter in ep12 could also mean for LJW and GAR at this time as we await their project news:

I love this!! 😍😍 really hope it comes true really soon :heiboi:

wish we could see a bts for this date:

spacer.png

I also wish we could see a BTS of this very short date. I really love this scene especially the slow-mo part wherein Rara is looking at Jun then Jun looked back at her with the shy vibe look. Lol!!!.... they really look good together 🥰

how i really wish the making DVD will still be released :cry: (im sorry for reminding you guys again)

And I've always wanted to imagine them wearing school uniform in a scene together...it could be like an entire different storyline like Sunja and Manbok: It could be them sorting out

I love how you matched their expressions ❤ 

But yes, please put them in a variety show or award show one day...I will cross my fingers hard

Mee too, will continue to pray to the drama gods!😁

JW drank a little too much and that's why he was so clingy with GAR in that picture where he was hugging her...haha, love it.

Also saw a video of LJW with Extraordinary you cast, he was pretty drunk in the video 😆, but yeah,, youre right with being a young 20-something-yr-old😄

i hope he's always drunk when he hangs out with GAR sunbaenim so he's always clingy LOL!!:laugh: and GAR does think he's cute being drunk 😉

A collection of kisses

Hahaha!! Thank you for this :wow: there was a lot of takes in their kissing scene indeed!

KBS (3 of the stars accused for bullying have been in KBS shows....so there seems to be bad luck on that channel. Maybe Karma for not handling DDSSLLS right

Thats what i thought too!!! Bad karma for not handling DDSSLLS right and i guess the drama gods heard us again this time and gave KBS a little piece of our hate to the network 😅

(Not that im happy with how things are turning out)

here the book club come together to read some old korean legends and the ending of the legends and reactions to the ending reminded me of DDSSLLS...I'll put it in the spoilers...but it made me think that the writer's were basing the ending of DDSSLLS

Woah!!! Thats awesome!! Its really like DDSSLLS! Thank you for sharing  @JenL

Maybe the writer of DDSSLLS read the same book. I love the comment "the legend has too many plot twist" :laugh:exactly like DDSSLLS!

• Like 6
On 3/9/2021 at 6:36 AM, eNDe said:

I've always prefer less romance so D-Day (2015) t

I watched this one 🤩. I also like Jung so min in Because this my first life- one of my faves and I do re-watch it at times 😅.

Though I personally like Goblin 🙈,  Descendants of the sun not so much but I agree I love the side characters more 😆

On 3/7/2021 at 9:35 AM, JenL said:

Haha, I feel like LJW is good at pulling off dislikeable characters (ie. Marco Han, Baek Kyung). I

It only shows how versatile he can be,  which is a good thing 😄

On 3/7/2021 at 9:35 AM, JenL said:

Hahaha. Yes, i do remember the BTS. I laughed out loud when he said that. Hahaha. They are in match with their cheekiness despite not doing good in the telepathy game 😂

Yay! I hope DDSSLLS and our fave pairings will give you the energy to keep moving! Cheering you on! :Party01:

Thank you 🤗

I think got the most kiss scenes with GAR and best chemistry on top of that! 

I think it's either him or the guy in reply 1994  had kissed GAR the most, though not sure 🤣. She had a lot of kiss scenes there as well. Though I 💯 agree that she and LJW had the best chemistry 🥰

Henry is often talked about that I wish I could see them together in a show or project someday.

Yeah me too or a song collab. I saw on the variety show how they kept teasing Henry, it was so funny 😂

On 3/4/2021 at 11:32 AM, multiloverss said:

I noticed it too and perhaps after he knows her better, he got better at teasing her. haha.

True that. I wished the bts dvd was made I want to see them banter playfully, oh well. Sorry for bringing it up ✌. I just remembered how nice it will be 🥺

On 3/10/2021 at 11:50 AM, JenL said:

and the first time they met together for drink, LJW drank a little too much and that's why he was so clingy with GAR in that picture where he was hugging her...haha, love it.

Hahaha. And GAR thought he was cute because he was drunk... omg 😍

but I think that's the most LJW has had to kiss one actress 

Oooh.. didn't know that as I haven't watched it 🤣.

Super thanks for this kiss collection 🤗.

Felt butterflies just watching them kiss 😄.

Maybe Karma for not handling DDSSLLS right :lenny:

Hahaha. Karma it is 😅. Serves them right. 

DDSSLLS...I'll put it in the spoilers...but it made me think that the writer's were basing the ending of DDSSLLS on a Korean fairytale or legend. :idk:

Maybe... but I wish they were clear and executed perfectly. Or they could have just blatantly said that it's a modern day legend 😅.  What's done is done. We just have to enjoy the lovable scenes instead 😄

On 3/11/2021 at 12:39 PM, eNDe said:

I haven’t rewatch the xmas scene and I remember we discussed about it before, I also think it’s such a cruel scene as it ruined the mood for the viewers especially.

Like how could the writer ruin christmas. It was just too much. Maybe that was to pull the "alive and well" plot twist after though that was not done properly, 😅, almost left everyone confused and betrayed. 

On 3/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, multiloverss said:

come other drama got happy ending with wedding scene but DDSSLLS got 5 last minutes of main lead to get together.:mad:

And each of the side characters were more settled than the main ones. I was more salty because of that 😅😆

On 3/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, twinkler0415 said:

Also saw a video of LJW with Extraordinary you cast, he was pretty drunk in the video 😆, but yeah,, youre right with

Hahaha. Was he clingy there too? 😅.

Yeah, a lot of drinking usually happens in the 20s 🤣. It's like a sense of freedom 😆

On 3/11/2021 at 3:44 PM, twinkler0415 said:

Hahaha!! Thank you for this :wow: there was a lot of takes in their kissing scene indeed

Hahaha. I loved it as there were BTS, especially the Sunja-Manbok one 😅😍.  They have way better behind the scenes kiss than the ones actually in the drama 😅😆

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
4 hours ago, purplefin said:

I also like Jung so min in Because this my first life-

Me too. It was such a beautiful slice of life drama for me as it made me contemplate on my many firsts and no matter how much older I get, there are going to be many more firsts too. I love that the drama had enough quietness that give room for the main leads to grow. 🙂

think it's either him or the guy in reply 1994  had kissed GAR the most, though not sure 🤣.

I think LJW has a better impression on me as GAR’s kissing/pairing partner because I prefer Jun’s character than Trash oppa. Haha. So I’ve sort of erased that actor from her pairing list of romantic partner in this case. 😉

Honestly I was always annoyed by his treatment of Najung although I know she really loves him and for good reasons. 

And each of LJW’s kiss scenes in DDSSLLS has its own significance, to mark how far the characters have gone, grown knowing and understanding each other. Even in the case of Sunja-Manbok.

So for me it speaks more than the count too. 🙂 (in case he had or will have more kiss scenes with other pairing that i’m unaware or won’t be watching haha) 

Thanks @JenL for sharing the kiss collection, I never thought I would care much. 😆

Yeah me too or a song collab. I saw on the variety show how they kept teasing Henry, it was so funny 😂

Me too, would love to see GAR do a song collab or maybe to sing an OST again in the future like she did in Reply 1994. 

And GAR thought he was cute because he was drunk... omg 😍

And he didn’t expect that he could be seen as cute especially from his sunbaenim. Maybe he thought he’s good with drinking so just be his usual self in the first meeting and bam...that photo evidence. 😆 

So glad GAR had the instinct to use her phone to take the photo that ended up being loved by director and publicly suggesting in the press conference to use that photo to promote the drama. 👍🏼

And knowing how GAR tends to post multiple shots on her ig, who knows how many angles of that pose she kept. Haha. 

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 3/8/2021 at 9:34 PM, purplefin said:

Oooh...This is a lovely collection of DDSSLLS fan merch. Thanks for sharing! I saw that tote as well. I think it's so cute that someone made it from the drama :wow: This is my collection of of DDSSLLS merch...They ran out of the bigger keychain so I think I'll have to purchase it again to get the right size! Though I do love the little ones since they're really tiny and cute too.

Also I have a diary which I wanted to make a whole bunch of DDSSLLS spreads when I'm in the mood and have time.

g2aH3PT.jpg

On 3/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, eNDe said:

I agree and I wish I could see more well-written storyline and characters when they produced art-related dramas. For me, music is parallel to art and vice versa therefore I hope to see more sensitivity in telling stories or characters with art background as well. This is probably why I disliked that drama description that LJW was rumoured to take on next and so glad it didn't happen.  Maybe I haven't discover a good one in kdrama land. Any suggestion, anyone? 

I totally agree - I'm glad LJW didn't take that role. I think the story about the art gallery would have been interesting...but it sounded like that character was going to be a new-money type guy (family makes their money from food/restaurant business) who just tries to acquire an art gallery (not being particularly interested in the arts) and just happens to fall in love in the process...Kim Min Jae (from Do You Like Brahms?) has taken the role now, so I guess we don't have to worry about that...:lenny:

As for Art Gallery dramas, I would love to see one that would be warm and lovely like the musical ones I've loved...but again, I agree, most of them haven't really hit the mark. Mind you, I can only think of two Art Gallery dramas - Her Private Life with Park Min young and Kim Jae Wook...and I don't think I finished it? :idk: Also Run On - One of the characters is an artist wanting to exhibit his art and most of his scenes have to do with his art....but I didn't feel invested in Run On except for the quirky dialogue and Film reference Easter eggs.

But I do really like Art galleries and museums as themes/ storylines for Kdramas...can we get LJW and GAR in a drama about that together :wow:?

Me too, I love underdog actors and pairings! That way I get to organically discover new works from them. I watched Goblin upon my sister's recommendation but dropped it after 4 episodes and also didn't feel the chemistry between the main leads. I remember Descendants of the Sun was similarly being so popular and talked about then I read it's more about romance between a doctor and soldier, I decided to give it a miss at that time. Watched it years later and I overall liked the side characters more haha. 

Underdog pairings are the best and in a way I feel like GAR and LJW are totally an underdog pairing. It hurts my heart a little when I see their Swoon Games videos had much less viewers...as did their compilation of sweet moments... only 71k views compared to all the other videos with their 120k+ viewers :letalQQ: (I'm talking about this video below)

I watched all of Goblin, but didn't feel like the pairing had great chemistry and also felt the story had giant plot holes - ie. why is some guy who killed a few soldiers (but had a good heart) punished by the Gods to stay immortal as a goblin forever? I mean, there are serial killers and dictators that have evil intentions and have killed far more people, so this totally doesn't make sense to me :pandathink:...haha, I still can't get past this plot hole. Never watched Descendants of the Sun , but she's the same scriptwriter who wrote Goblin and The King Monarch - Kim Eun-sook. I feel like her scripts are very popular but are overrated in my opinion.

I've had the opportunities to meet local celebrities and entertainers however, I'm glad it's a short period, because often they come with entourage of assistants or attracting more people to the surrounding...so being an introvert, I'll find ways to leave the space we share. hahaha. I remember thinking if I ever meet my favourite tennis player, I wouldn't know what to say or how to approach for an autograph...so when my friend in Austria helped me to get one for me, I'm saved. Haha. :PikaWutS:

Haha when it happens at work for me, it's either local celebrities or Hollywood celebrities, but we have to stay professional...so it feels cool, but you can't fangirl freely I guess though sometimes if you're lucky, maybe it can still happen. I prefer either running into them in my own time or going to fan meets where at least you have guaranteed time with them. 

One reason I like LJW by the way is that I've heard he's usually been very nice and happy to take photos with fans (which most celebrities don't!) when people have recognised him on the streets...Look at these lucky fans...I'm so jelly :heart:

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2019/10/23/actor-lee-jaewook-made-headlines-for-his-sweet-gestures-when-fans-ask-him-for-a-photo-together-287376

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1