La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

Thank you @JenL for the jacket side story;) It's more heart warming to know that it's LJW's and GAR wore it for the shoot. Given that he's always wearing it, I think it's his favorite:love: and he let GAR wore it awwwwwww:wow::wow::wow:

@multiloverss and @JenL indeed, all the photoshopped pics of Rara and Jun are great and makes me so happy. It reminds me of the happy episodes of DDSSLLS. :CharmanderYay:

The Balenciaga incident made us so happy hahaha what more if they really do a photoshoot or project together again and their chemistry is crazy even if they just wearing the same brand in different locations!

May the dramagods hear us! Please let them work together again! SOON! :BulbaOWO:

They are both silent with their next projects, I hope they will somehow cross paths with each other sometime this year or better yet surprise us all with a S2! hahaha as Rara said :

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, JenL said:

Speaking of behind the scenes, I always like the ones on the beach. Hehe, this practice run of GAR bumping into LJW's back is too cute...

The bumping scene in bts look so natural....its look like LJW purposely do that because GAR look suprised.

11 hours ago, JenL said:

she's only been in two cameo roles for KBS including DDSSLLS and suddenly a lead role. Someone said KBS likes her, which kind of annoys me if they had anything to do with adding her character in DDSSLLS (though probably it was still the writers if anything). I'll probably never pick up her projects because it'll remind me of that episode! :psweatduck:

She would always got my bad terms as she would remind me to unnecessary character in DDSSLLS. I can said i would never like her even in other drama.

:mad:

10 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Really???? Which show is this? Maybe because covid kinda lie low thats why they resumed guestings on reality shows... but its so sad that GAR and LJW never got to to guest on a variety show

KBS new drama for wed -thurs slot...hello! its me. The lead go to knowing bros and they got pictorial together. Still feel bitter because we never got that for DDSSLLS

10 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Bacause I kinda remember seing someone do a video with stills and I saw a scene from the salon where Jun shampoo Rara.... and LJW was kinda laughing near the door....

I think,i had seen that picture of LJW laughing. Waiting for bts video but never got that that scene. Maybe they put in dvd but its never happen. :cry:

• Like 5
On 2/16/2021 at 6:11 AM, eNDe said:

Yeap, I've watched her acting minor roles before it but I didn't watch the drama because I wasn't interested on the storyline and the pairings. heh. 

I didn't watch it too 😅. Just knew her from that drama...

On 2/16/2021 at 6:11 AM, eNDe said:

Dear M is something on my list but right down below due to the genre however I thought of watching it because Roh Jeong-Eui from 18 Again will be in it

I liked that girl too, she was also in kill it 😊. Ugghh, the 'other girl' will be in that drama? 🙄 oh well, might pass too 😅

On 2/17/2021 at 12:04 PM, JenL said:

Yeah I actually think it would have been the perfect move :wow: - it

If they only let Jun attend the christmas event and Rara proposed... that would have been a perfect christmas too 🥰. I was wondering who hurt the writer 😅,  as she really painted a very painful christmas there 😢

On 2/17/2021 at 12:04 PM, JenL said:

I'm still working on my filming locations posts...

You are amazing! 👏

I have seen this one on ig, she went to the  Mokpo locations  and she's got a very active DDSSLLS account too. 😍

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLelf5fJUBc/?igshid=1fgi8ztm97n60

22 hours ago, JenL said:

Well as Lala once said "Dreams don't have to be grand..."

....They can just be photoshopped :laugh:

I love the enthusiasm 😂..

12 hours ago, JenL said:

Speaking of behind the scenes, I always like the ones on the beach. Hehe, this practice run of GAR bumping into LJW's back is too cute...

BQwZPNW.gif

I did wonder if the bump scene was intentional after watching the BTS 😅. It looked like they must have added it on as it looked so natural and heartwarming in a way😍

11 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Seriously, this staff of swoon who keeps on including DDSSLLS needs a big hug from us :laugh:

They added Rara and Mimi too about the plants vs Space sweeper plant ☺. 

Hahaha. Thank God for that Staff 👏🏆

11 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

was also wondering if they released a BTS on the first shampoo scene. Bacause I kinda remember seing someone do a video with stills and I saw a scene from the salon where Jun shampoo Rara.... and LJW was kinda laughing near the door....

Ooh. I haven't seen this one yet. I wanna see it too. 😁

1 hour ago, Unnie0110 said:

They are both silent with their next projects, I hope they will somehow cross paths with each other sometime this year or better yet surprise us all with a S2! hahaha as Rara said :

spacer.png

Yes they are very silent. I am dying to know what their next projects are. And I am also secretly wishing they will do a s2.  I wholeheartedly agree with Rara 😉

36 minutes ago, multiloverss said:

The lead go to knowing bros and they got pictorial together. Still feel bitter because we never got that for DDSSLLS

Wth kbs 😑. I totally lost faith in them. 

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 5
On 2/14/2021 at 3:56 AM, purplefin said:

Hahaha. I would like that 😅. He's got a point though, it was a romcom drama even the director was amazed at their chemistry on the first dinner together.

That photo will always be the best first meeting dinner reminder. I can't believe they would release that photo but not give them best couple award :pandarage2: Haha, I feel like DDSSLLS really have the strongest hearts otherwise we would have died from heartbreak already from all that we were put through :laugh: But at least they kept the sets. I'm so determined that when covid is fixed, it'll be one of my first holiday destinations!

Plus his last photo was kinda goofy which he seldom does, sunbaenim is rubbing on him 😅🤣😍

Hahaha, oh I don't know about that. He likes to put his cool photos first and goofy photos second, but he does have some goofy photos...so in a way I can see him being like GAR :laugh: But I think GAR's goofy photos are super candid, while LJW's are more curated. Some examples: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIAvSMmnUR4/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-eOCBAnsfi/

Hmmm..I think I've watched it before too, but can't seem to find it now, even in ig, some on the igtv links are gone. Have you got a link for the one from youtube? I'll try if it can be viewed in my country.

Yeah, it's weird, I thought I had downloaded that hospital video from the official website but can't seem to find it there anymore. I'm not sure if they took anything down from instagram though, since it's pretty noticeable and time consuming to do that. 

Whaaaat!! I just went to look up this link for you at Monsterunion - the BTS editing company who did DDSSLLS video and they've put them all on private?? :letalQQ::psweatduck: You can see below here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/MonsterunionStudio/featured

It's ok though, since I think I have a copy of all their videos and put them up youtube...I hope I do :thinking: Damn, why is there so little love for this series! :letalQQ:

This seems to be a good choice 😊. When will it air? 

Not sure when Move to Heaven will air. It's a confirmed project but no confirmed air date yet.

Hahaha.. i can watch  most of it but will skip some parts of 14 and 16. 🤣 i just pretend that the 5 years didn't exist 😂.  The five year gap was kinda unbelievable in a way as she was still using the same phone and the atmosphere around eunpo didn't change 😅

Hahaha, this is a good point. It's like 5 years looked like 5 minutes later... it was such a silly time frame to pick :SquirtleSquadCool: I also find it more believable that the baby would be Lala's than HY and SG's since they barely hold the baby compared to Lala :thinking:

Her hair is sometimes light brown or dark brown..  I did wonder too if they like dye it before the awards night 🤔 or maybe because of the lighting or filter that she uses. 

Also a good point. Probably temporary hair dye to match her dress. Doubt it was filters since they were media photos?

And for everyone of us who were wondering about GAR's injury, here is our answer 😅:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLPJKiNpenb/?igshid=1nivxhxdo0qmg

She always get injuries, she needs to take care of herself.  I think she had one post Reply,  during Haechi then pre- DDSSLLS 😦

Thanks for sharing this! It was good to find out what happened!

On 2/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, multiloverss said:

Thank you @JenL @eNDefor sharing the edits picture. That made more harder for me to move on from rarajun.

The recent post in their ig really made my delulu mode ON.:wow:

Hahaha sorry for not letting you move on...it's because I can't move on...:laugh:

On 2/14/2021 at 10:44 AM, multiloverss said:

Hope to see this drama soon. This one look like action genre and glad LJW got to try this genre even as cameo.

I don't think it's an action story...it sounds more thoughtful like drama with touching stories...it also sounds episodic...like Miss Hammurabi - they focus on a case with traumas and sadness each episode. I'm guessing LJW will be in one episode. :thinking: Here's the wiki plot if I haven't shared it already: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Move_to_Heaven

On 2/14/2021 at 6:54 PM, CINNABOM said:

Totally agree about weightlifting fairy and strong woman do bong soon. Sometimes nothing can replicate the amazing chemistry. I’d rather rewatch the show than see them in a pairing I don’t like. Although I wouldn’t mind Go Ara and Park Hyung Sik after seeing Hwarang :cool:

Haha sounds like we have similar tases @CINNABOM! Yes, nothing can replace amazing chemistry sometimes :wow:  Even though I'm sad those dramas end, I'm always glad the actors said yes to those projects and it warms my heart when they still interact with each other. I wish I could do full re-watches, but I do watch clips of the pairings I love. I wouldn't mind a GAR and PHS match...never watched Hwarang, but I did hear there was bad SLS for him there. I personally don't like PSJ very much, so would prefer PHS as lead :eeeee:

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Whaaaat!! I just went to look up this link for you at Monsterunion - the BTS editing company who did DDSSLLS video and they've put them all on private?? :letalQQ::psweatduck: You can see below here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/MonsterunionStudio/featured

It's ok though, since I think I have a copy of all their videos and put them up youtube...I hope I do :thinking: Damn, why is there so little love for this series! :letalQQ:

What!? 😱

Sorry for the conspiracy theory, but is there something fishy going on here? 🤔

I have been thinking about it since the  couple award..there's something amiss. Or maybe I am just overthinking 😅...

BUuuut,  why would they put those vids on private? 😭😭😭

They should have promote it more...

Good you've downloaded them @JenL🥺☺. 

And well done for that jacket.. it was nice to know that GAR had worn something LJW personally had 🥰. My shipping heart 💘🤣.

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 5
13 hours ago, JenL said:

Whaaaat!! I just went to look up this link for you at Monsterunion - the BTS editing company who did DDSSLLS video and they've put them all on private?? :letalQQ::psweatduck: You can see below

No way!!! Why did they do that!!! How do we protest! Seriously, whyyyyy!!!:shocked:  what is wrong with KBS and monsterunion studios! 

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 2
On 2/19/2021 at 7:38 AM, JenL said:

It's like The swoon heard me talking about the Lee Jae Wook owning that KITH jacket and GAR wearing it in the drama this morning because they posted the video clip of Jun driving Lala around on his bike while she wears that jacket on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLd8YMNplLW/ :laugh:Thank you, swoon.

A staff member must be a shipper like us too. Or maybe they lurk here?? :lenny:

I also am surprised about that idol getting a big role already. I didn’t think her acting was that good or anything special. Her dramas will be a hard pass for me as well. I don’t want to be reminded of the suffering the show put us through. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 2/15/2021 at 1:46 AM, eNDe said:

Thank you for the kind words, I tried to do a little justice for this quirky couple because the kdrama world needs more of their chemistry. Also, I was moving on fine actually until I started making new edits for them! hahaha...

Haha, the Kdrama world does need more of their chemistry @eNDe so Thanks again for all your lovely edits! :wow: Haha I can't tell if I'm moving on or not :idk: Can definitely watch other dramas, but don't have a pairing I like half as much...Realistically, although it sounds sad,  there might be not so much to talk about eventually and we might drift away, but I feel like I'll still come here and post the occasional gif or edit from time to time when I see someone make a nice one...or if I hear news of GAR or LJW. I hope you'll might too :)

I love this location compilation you're doing! Thank you @JenL!! Can't wait when everything's ready. I think your blog will be the perfect place to revisit DDSSLLS as well. :yayaya:

Awww Thanks for your lovely words too! The locations posts are just going through finishing touches...DDSSLLS ended on the 26th Nov...so I think I'll release these location posts and hopefully some translations on the 26th to celebrate 3 months of fanning even after the show has finished :laugh:

They look great in car ride scenes so I wish there was more to this scene:

(But but...you both didn't bring us along for this ride!)

RaRa and Mimi scenes are always awesome and I wish there was one of them with Jun in a final epilogue even if there wasn't a wedding or baby in the mix. It would be complete as well because they're like a family too. 

Thanks for all the screenshots of both these scenes! I loved the other car ride of them with Lala's hair blowing and her and Jun looking at each other and laughing. It would have been lovely to see them go for their night drive. Haha, being the audience that got left out of these scenes was no fun! :lol:

I totally agree with you and the Lala, Mimi and Jun scene at the end...it would have been so lovely. And I had forgotten how much I laughed when GAR asked Mimi who she liked better. It was hilarious how seriously she treated Mimi's opinion, but also cheated with how to show her opinion :laugh:

I also found this where fans were discussing about GAR's talents, her role in Reply 1994 and many find her being in SM was the reason she didn't get recognised as a good actor:

https://onehallyu.com/topic/33541-nb-why-did-it-take-10-years-for-go-aras-talent-to-be-recognized/

I feel like being in SM only works if you're an idol. Being if you're an idol, they've invested in you, you have the backing of all those idol stans and so you will be popular in a role even if you're not a good actor. But for GAR, who was not an idol, I feel like SM would not have put as much focus on her, she would not have had the fans that idols do and then those who support actors rather than idols would also feel like she was not a serious actor because she was in an agency for idols...so sidelined by both parties. :psweatduck: It's good that she did change agencies.

Now I realised why the title seems familiar...it's one of the latest projects of Lee Je-Hoon! Definitely gonna check this out along with his recent film. I really like his acting especially in Signal. One of my favourites! He was in a film with GAR back in 2016 for Phantom Detective. GAR had to carry LJH on her back in a Running Man episode as a punishment!

Wish LJW and GAR could appear on RM in the future. It would be fun. hehe. 

Haha, I'm the opposite...I had no idea of anyone linked to the project...but I feel like I should go back and check out Signal since everyone has something wonderful to say about. Oohh a past GAR co-star and she had to carry him on her back :laugh: Haha if LJW and GAR could do such fun activities that would be the dream!

I think the worst injury was during Haechi because her character was such a bad-ass and funny but had to be rewritten with less action and sidelined for a few episodes as she was injured. Another good project of GAR that's rewatchable for me.

@JenL Haechi would be about law like MH but more investigation, in Joseon era. You should check out with clips of the drama if you're not into historical drama. 

I might check out the clips when I'm done with Miss Hammurabi...I'm on episode 14 now! And it looks pretty tense but exciting in the trailers! I got distracted yesterday because I decided to start Beyond Evil ...nothing like gritty crime to get you when there's no rom-coms you're interested in :heiboi:

If they really understand what it takes to take care of one's physical and mental health, they wouldn't have easily pass on such comments of someone that they don't know of their lifestyles. I wish they use more of their time to uplift their favourite actors or actress. 

-------------------------------------

Found the link to that bts of ep 2 hospital scene! :hearties:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGSZf4WJbWn/?igshid=qmtiqbphgn8k

I agree for sure! I feel like people should be less critical about less important things and not hurt people unintentionally! I say be supportive or just don't bother wasting your time as a fan! :lenny:

Thanks for find that hospital BTS by the way! and putting up those screenshots and reminding us how much LJW loved filming them and mentioned so at the first fan meet :BulbaOWO::CharmanderYay:

I tried to upload that hospital BTS again on Youtube but it's definitely still blocked! The reason they give is that it is copyrighted content to KBS (it also says that for the laundry BTS videos,but every other video is fine? :thinking:) . Weirdly enough it seems they never uploaded it on the DDSSLLS website, but let Monster Union upload it....And as mentioned yesterday Monster Union has now made all their DDSSLS videos private...so I'm going to upload everything to my Youtube or Instagram for safe-keeping and so you guys can find it when you want :heiboi::hearties:

On 2/16/2021 at 1:45 AM, purplefin said:

Weightlifting fairy is one of my must repeat kdramas. It had this feel good feeling though it is not particularly popular in korea than internationally. 

I watch scenes from this drama a lot too! It's super feel good and the chemistry is so strong :BulbaOWO:(though maybe it's because they were really dating at the time :laugh:). Also NJH was really good in this character! I never understood why this drama didn't do so well in Korea, but it did crazily good overseas.

Thanks for finding this. 😊

This is one of the reasons why I wanted to buy the bts dvd sighs. This looks fun 😅

Yep, sigh, I always think of all the BTS content with KBS/Monster Union. I wish we had a hacker here who could retrieve the unreleased footage :laugh: 

As for the hidden footage that use to be available...it makes me sad that they hid it, but at least a lot of fans have saved the footage and it still fairly easy to find if you visit GAR/LJW's fan pages. I'm also going to put them up on my accounts. :heart:

GAR did update her IG during

Valentines. There was an applewatch and a ring on her left hand. The caption was 🎁, but I was wondering whether the gift was the applewatch or the ring? 😅🤣 She received a lot of presents too. Glad that she is well loved by her fans. ☺

Yep it always makes me happy to see her happy and getting lots of gifts. At least she has good fans and is happy about receiving their love and care :duckhearts:

• Like 5

On 2/20/2021 at 1:01 PM, purplefin said:

What!? 😱

Sorry for the conspiracy theory, but is there something fishy going on here? 🤔

I have been thinking about it since the  couple award..there's something amiss. Or maybe I am just overthinking 😅...

BUuuut,  why would they put those vids on private? 😭😭😭

They should have promote it more...

Good you've downloaded them @JenL🥺☺. 

14 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

No way!!! Why did they do that!!! How do we protest! Seriously, whyyyyy!!!:shocked:  what is wrong with KBS and monsterunion studios! 

Skipping a few replies to say:

I know, right?? It's like what has this series done?? :letalQQ: I'm sure the logical reason is that there's some sort of copyright issues...I just tested the other videos, and some have been blocked too, so maybe there is a disagreement or contract thing with KBS. 

Hahaha, this series was meant to be healing, but I think I've gotten so anxious about happy things being taken away :laugh: The main thing DSSLLS has taught me is that if you like something, download it right away or it'll probably disappear!

In any case, I've put up the other BTS videos that Monsterunion had (that KBS didn't have on their website) on my Youtube (below). The only blocked ones were the hospital one and the laundry video. I can't figure out how to put it on Instagram, but LJW's fan Insta has them https://www.instagram.com/yxxninixx/channel/ 

Here's something that might cheer you up also...I found a twitter channel that has a bunch of pre-debut videos of LJW doing auditions and drama practice. Wonder who released them? Is it his acting school? An old agent? :thinking:

I'm guessing he would be Jun's age in these videos :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

On 2/20/2021 at 7:54 AM, Unnie0110 said:

Thank you @JenL for the jacket side story;) It's more heart warming to know that it's LJW's and GAR wore it for the shoot. Given that he's always wearing it, I think it's his favorite:love: and he let GAR wore it awwwwwww:wow::wow::wow:

Yeah! Thanks @JenL for sharing this insight! 

On 2/20/2021 at 9:38 AM, purplefin said:

Yes they are very silent. I am dying to know what their next projects are. And I am also secretly wishing they will do a s2.  I wholeheartedly agree with Rara 😉

I think it's normal coming from GAR being silent since she tends to take longer breaks between projects but it's LJW that makes me ponder especially because he recently won many awards and a rising actor. So I'm not sure if he's given a green light to take time in choosing his next lead project and/or personally, he wants that too. 

13 hours ago, JenL said:

Realistically, although it sounds sad,  there might be not so much to talk about eventually and we might drift away, but I feel like I'll still come here and post the occasional gif or edit from time to time when I see someone make a nice one...or if I hear news of GAR or LJW. I hope you'll might too :)

I know what you mean. I'll drop by here for sure in the future and maybe if I can, share new edits of them. :yayaya:

13 hours ago, JenL said:

DDSSLLS ended on the 26th Nov...so I think I'll release these location posts and hopefully some translations on the 26th to celebrate 3 months of fanning even after the show has finished :laugh:

:Party01: Our "tour" to Mokpo is coming! haha. 

13 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel like being in SM only works if you're an idol. Being if you're an idol, they've invested in you, you have the backing of all those idol stans and so you will be popular in a role even if you're not a good actor. But for GAR, who was not an idol, I feel like SM would not have put as much focus on her, she would not have had the fans that idols do and then those who support actors rather than idols would also feel like she was not a serious actor because she was in an agency for idols...so sidelined by both parties. :psweatduck: It's good that she did change agencies.

YES YES YES to all these points! I hope with her vast experiences, more luck will come to her with the new agency. 

13 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel like I should go back and check out Signal since everyone has something wonderful to say about

You should! I remember they have nice ost too. I can't seem to watch Lee Je-Hoon in rom-com or romance because I just like him in a detective role or anything else other than in a rom-com. He had such an excellent chemistry with his senior female co-star in the film I Can Speak (2017). It's about him being an English teacher to this old lady but I recommend anyone to watch it. I really don't want to spoil it but there's a great meaning to their story because it touches on something that happened in history. If you want a shorter introduction of his work, this film is it. 

13 hours ago, JenL said:

Oohh a past GAR co-star and she had to carry him on her back :laugh: Haha if LJW and GAR could do such fun activities that would be the dream!

IKR! But GAR would not want to carry another male co-star again after that punishment in RM. It should be the other way round. Plus Jun rejected RaRa when she asked for a piggyback in ep 2! haha. 

13 hours ago, JenL said:

nothing like gritty crime to get you when there's no rom-coms you're interested in :heiboi:

Agree! Oh wait...I'm always NOT watching rom-coms. hahaha. 

13 hours ago, JenL said:

Weirdly enough it seems they never uploaded it on the DDSSLLS website, but let Monster Union upload it....And as mentioned yesterday Monster Union has now made all their DDSSLS videos private...so I'm going to upload everything to my Youtube or Instagram for safe-keeping and so you guys can find it when you want :heiboi::hearties:

What's up with them seriously. Damn annoying. Thankfully we got you @JenL!! 

10 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, this series was meant to be healing, but I think I've gotten so anxious about happy things being taken away :laugh: The main thing DSSLLS has taught me is that if you like something, download it right away or it'll probably disappear!

LOL

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, eNDe said:

I think it's normal coming from GAR being silent since she tends to take longer breaks between projects but it's LJW that makes me ponder especially because he recently won many awards and a rising actor. So I'm not sure if he's given a green light to take time in choosing his next lead project and/or personally, he wants that too

Yes you right about GAR. She always take a long break before start a new project. But hope she would cameback with another drama in second half of this year. About LJW, he take a long break for this time. He always had back to back drama from his debut. So, maybe he want to rest a bit before decide to choose a new project.

11 hours ago, JenL said:

.I found a twitter channel that has a bunch of pre-debut videos of LJW doing auditions and drama practice. Wonder who released them? Is it his acting school?

He look soo young in this video. I think this video from his acting school.

11 hours ago, JenL said:

The main thing DSSLLS has taught me is that if you like something, download it right away or it'll probably disappear!

:laugh:

14 hours ago, JenL said:

I decided to start Beyond Evil

same....i also want to see this drama. The first episode look promising.

• Like 5
On 2/16/2021 at 5:11 PM, eNDe said:

I'm thinking the watch haha. GAR has always worn rings as her usual accessories for personal and media appearances. I just think she doesn't care which finger she puts them on unlike some of us. haha. 

Haha, it's just like her Instagrams...I like that GAR is so carefree with her rings. But also maybe it helps her when one day the rings come to mean something no one will know :smug:

I like the team that investigates in this drama which PEB and LJY are working together. I think they made a great female pairing for an investigative genre that I like.  

I'll watch a trailer and see how I feel...I never knew PEB and LJY worked together actually, so I'm excited about discovering it, but I'm not good with ghost stories unless it's reasonably light and there are warm/interesting backstories for the ghosts like Hotel Del Luna and even then I was covering my eyes. I always think of LJY fondly from Weightlifting Fairy and a few other side roles I've seen her in... but also Baseball Girl from last year...They will both remain my top candidates for a LJW pairing but it looks like they're both in projects or rumoured projects already this year so unlikely for 2021 unless LJW decides to take a year off? :thinking: It would kill his hardcore fans though!

I like that PEB is always convincing in her roles so I don't mind who's her next pairing (male or female) because I just know she would make me follow through the drama and I will probably discover other actor/actress through her projects. I've watched her in Age of Youth after Ghost Detective then Hot Stove League. I haven't watch Do You Like Brahms as I didn't want to get it compared in my head as I watch DDSSLLS since they were aired close together. And since I'm still into DDSSLLS, I probably wait for another time when I need another musical drama. I shall wait for her next drama! And if it's with LJW or Rowoon, that would be swell. 

Yes, totally agree! I have discovered so many actors through following PEB's projects. :BulbaOWO:

And it was ironic that there were two classical music romance dramas in the one year. Do You Like Brahms was very different to DDSSLLS, but I'd still recommend it. The romance was sweet and like DDSSLLS's  story, the drama was about more than just the romance - it was about finding your path when you're not good at what you're doing, which is an interesting idea. It was also strangely opposite to DDSSLLS though - DDSSLLS played out more like a fairytale while Do You Like Brahms often had a sense of realism...but because of this, Do You Like Brahms had a sad undertone running through it with an uplifting ending, while DDSSLLS had a happy undertone with a trying/ upsetting final arc. I wish we'd gotten the type of ending Do You Like Brahms got. Plus KMJ & PEB won Best Couple at SBS over bigger dramas like The King Monarch  :heart:

I was always debating if I'm more Park Cha Ohreum or Im Bareun because there are times I could relate fully with to either one of them. That makes watching MH more engaging for me as I could question myself just as the characters do. I know some find MH boring haha. I don't at all! Plus I get to see many side characters done so well by these actors and actresses that I went on to check on their projects too. 

But yeah, Im Bareun definitely seem like a character LJW could also play well and I can picture inserting him instead. hee. 

I agree with this. I do lean towards GAR's character in her values (ie. the underdog and powerless need to be helped.) But I lean towards KMS's character's way of doing things - be calm and fight smartly within the rules, rather than tire yourself out fighting a system with a fighting-fire-with-fire approach that is likely to cause more fire :laugh: But still I have seen people like GAR's character and we need them in society because sometimes you don't win immediately but you raise awareness and inspire others to join your cause.

Haha, I do like KMS and his softness (and dimples!) as Im Bareun...but can definitely picture LJW in that role too :BulbaOWO: Maybe he'll do something similar one day.

Dear M is something on my list but right down below due to the genre however I thought of watching it because Roh Jeong-Eui from 18 Again will be in it. Now that you said that actress gonna be in it, I probably pass too. lol. 

I like Roh Jeong-Eui too! :letalQQ: But yeah, definitely saw the fake girlfriend actress being advertised by KBS as having a role in this drama, so hard pass for me.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:24 AM, eNDe said:

These are awesome @JenL!! It’s so nice to see all the film locations for DDSSLLS. The production crew really did a fantastic work! And thank you for compiling them, take your time! Cheering you on. :Party02:

On 2/20/2021 at 1:39 AM, twinkler0415 said:

Thank you @JenL for compiling these. Aleast we'll have a reference when we're able to travel to S. Korea 😄 BTW , i just saw the IG story of onecloudyday, she went to mokpo then Lala Land 🥰 

Thank you for your lovely words :heart: Whoever did the location scouting for DDSSLLS did a wonderful job for sure! And yes, we'll have all the references for our future Mokpo trips! I saw One Cloudy Day's Instagram too!!! She's so lucky to have gone and also it looks like she was one of the winners of the KBS polaroid decorating game that GAR and LJW played since she took a photo of her photo at Lala Land...but she's probably the most deserving person to win it since she's made all those beautiful DDSSLLS gifs I always post, still has an active DDSSLLS Instagram account and has re-watched the series like 100 times :pandachamp: Hahaha, still jealous though...I love autographed polaroids!

NThT1Fz.jpg

It looks like she won GAR's polaroid:

On 2/19/2021 at 10:57 PM, multiloverss said:

indeed.i'm agree with you....eventhough its just photoshopped, i still feel better.

Haha glad the photoshops made you happy :eeeee:

On 2/19/2021 at 10:57 PM, multiloverss said:

KBS, why our couple did not got pictorial together to promote their drama? i'm notice new kbs drama pairing went to reality show and do some take pictorial together. 

Really???? Which show is this? Maybe because covid kinda lie low thats why they resumed guestings on reality shows... but its so sad that GAR and LJW never got to to guest on a variety show :nervous:

Yeah, I wonder if covid messed it up? :thinking: I mean DDSSLLS was meant to air a few months earlier so it could be that they didn't have a spot for it on any variety show when it did air...but maybe on the plus side that's why Netflix did so much promotion for it? It makes me a little sad that they're uploading new Jenga games with different casts so now DDSSLLS videos are no longer on the front page...but they're still on The Swoon *cough MonsterUnion cough*

I was also wondering if they released a BTS on the first shampoo scene. Bacause I kinda remember seing someone do a video with stills and I saw a scene from the salon where Jun shampoo Rara.... and LJW was kinda laughing near the door....

I don't think think so? :thinking: I think I can solve this mystery for you...I think it's from a compilation of LJW BTS clips in this short introduction video...Is it this scene at 1:13 on the video? 

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

15 hours ago, JenL said:

I don't think think so? :thinking: I think I can solve this mystery for you...I think it's from a compilation of LJW BTS clips in this short introduction video...Is it this scene at 1:13 on the video? 

Oooohhh!!! Thats the one!! :wow: thank you @JenL. Maybe you were a detective in your past life :laugh: thank you for clearing this one 🥰

5 hours ago, CINNABOM said:

Go Ara posted another photo with the balenciaga hat. She must really like the hat or it has special meaning.:heart: Even if it’s not from LJW, I hope she has someone in her life that makes her happy. But I’m especially hoping it’s LJW...hahah

One fan even mentioned in the comments that it is her 3rd post with the same hat lol!! Really wishing its from LJW too! 😅

• Like 6
On 2/20/2021 at 10:54 AM, Unnie0110 said:

Hahaha I'm glad you liked my discovery :laugh:I have spent a little too much time on Instagram!

He does seem to wear that jacket a lot! Here's another photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIAvSMmnUR4/ 

Haha, I wonder who made the call to let him wear the jacket as Jun...haha, a character's costume isn't normally fashion - it's specifically designed for the character so that they portray a certain style and behaviour...so I guess they feels like LJW 'is' Jun :eeeee:

And I wonder if LJW offered it to GAR during the shoot since it was cold at night time...he would have been find because she's hugging him but she would be cold riding with the wind at her back. I feel like he would be the type to offer! Especially because it's sunbaenim :BulbaOWO::hearties:

4ayOtl4.gif

He has let a make-up artist borrow it before too (which made a lot of fans super jelly!) But I think a lot of stars often treat their make-up artists super well because they spend a lot of time waking up really early to make them look good! Hwang In Yeop of True Beauty signed an autograph to his make-up artist, Aluu, that said 'Aluu is mine'! (It's a joke since he claims ownership on those around him, but damn to have it signed as an autograph is a dream! :heart:) Haha, in my next life I want to be a make-up artist to one of these super good looking stars!

On 2/20/2021 at 12:07 PM, multiloverss said:

The bumping scene in bts look so natural....its look like LJW purposely do that because GAR look suprised.

On 2/20/2021 at 12:38 PM, purplefin said:

I did wonder if the bump scene was intentional after watching the BTS 😅. It looked like they must have added it on as it looked so natural and heartwarming in a way😍

Hehe, that bumping scene is super cute! :BulbaOWO: Eh, these two were good at being natural!

She would always got my bad terms as she would remind me to unnecessary character in DDSSLLS. I can said i would never like her even in other drama.

On 2/21/2021 at 3:05 AM, CINNABOM said:

I also am surprised about that idol getting a big role already. I didn’t think her acting was that good or anything special. Her dramas will be a hard pass for me as well. I don’t want to be reminded of the suffering the show put us through. 

I liked that girl too, she was also in kill it 😊. Ugghh, the 'other girl' will be in that drama? 🙄 oh well, might pass too 😅

Haha, I know, I think she's been written off forever in my books. I was never a big idol fan to begin with since I don't care for Kpop (she's from a kpop band called CLC), but that character killed me and the pain is eternal :idk: The upcoming dramas to avoid if you can't stand the DDSSLLS reminders will be Dear M (she has a small role) and Blue Spring from a Distance (she is apparently second lead for this drama!) 

KBS new drama for wed -thurs slot...hello! its me. The lead go to knowing bros and they got pictorial together. Still feel bitter because we never got that for DDSSLLS

I saw the magazine photos for Hello! It's Me! I mean I'll never understand why there wasn't a variety show feature and photoshoot for GAR and LJW :letalQQ: But I hope it'll somehow happen in some other way. Come on Balenciaga! :laugh:

Speaking of that drama, I hear the male character has reminded a lot of people of Lala...:laugh:

1EWxxX0.jpg

If they only let Jun attend the christmas event and Rara proposed... that would have been a perfect christmas too 🥰. I was wondering who hurt the writer 😅,  as she really painted a very painful christmas there 😢

I know right! It's ironic - I'm a pretty Christmassy person, but my favourite drama ruined my last Christmas :psweatduck: IBut at least Mimi looked super cute in a santa costume. I do wonder if the writer had a terrible Christmas once because why would you do that to your characters on Christmas?? 

I have seen this one on ig, she went to the  Mokpo locations  and she's got a very active DDSSLLS account too. 😍

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLelf5fJUBc/?igshid=1fgi8ztm97n60

Yep, this is the One Cloudy Day Instagram that is like the best DDSLLS Instagram! She's so lucky, but she deserves it since she's also the one who makes all the pretty DDSSLLS gifs I put here...like these ones...

geHV1K6.gif

KFOPpxK.gif

Pj6epPo.gif

It's nice to see some new fan accounts pop up on Instagram, which means there's still people who watch it and still like it. This instagram has been very active lately with reposting stills and making some of their own stills:

Seoulyoudrama: https://www.instagram.com/seoulyoudrama/

On 2/20/2021 at 10:54 AM, Unnie0110 said:

Haha I love that you used our favourite quote @Unnie0110. All we have are our dreams :heiboi:

Yeah, no casting news. I guess we just have to think of them as taking a well deserved break though it's killing us! But for me, it's better than casting news where I hate the pairings...so I'm ok for now just watching their old projects!

By the way I finished Miss Hammurabi yesterday night @eNDe! I'm just going to post my debrief in spoiler tag since it's not entirely relevant to this thread...

Spoiler

It was good and I enjoyed the series especially in the way that women and women's issues were portrayed! Like the way the lawyers were grilling the female victim in that quasi-rape case and in the battered wife murder case is actually how some victims have been intimidated before. So it really shone light on some important ideas. GAR's character, PCOR, was a really great...she could be extreme and stubborn, but she was someone who had a lot of heart in the right place and good values. Also she was really smart and good at pinpointing the issues and highlighting double standards. And KMS's character, IBR, was so sweet. I did enjoy episode 15...all that bike riding and piano playing reminded me of Jun and Lala in DDSSLLS again! Haha...and that was quite a freeze kiss, but I guess it's expected in Kdramas!

I liked the comical bit at the end where the old man she asked to move that turned out to be Presiding Judge Han :laugh: But I don't know if I loved the fact that they made him retire in the last episode?? :lettalKWA: Maybe it's because he turned out to be my favourite character with his shouty sense of justice and fathery protectiveness of his judges! I thought it was a bit dramatic to have him kind of retire in sacrifice given that they had already gotten that annoying Judge to take the blame since he was a bully. Also doesn't Judge Han still have a family to look after?! No drama is ever perfect for me, so I guess Miss Hammurabi did sometimes go further in the dramatics -  maybe overuse of crying and defence judges that were barely competent (so PCOR had to do all the questioning) was a little less believable in a courtroom.

But I liked all the backstories of the cases and the moral dilemmas of things not being black and white were really well portrayed. Also I really loved the friendship between all the courtroom staff and the good judges. The cute, mild romance was also nice :BulbaOWO::heart:  I'm really glad I watched it! I hear KMS is going to do his conscription now, so he'll be missed...just when I was getting into him as an actor! 

On 2/21/2021 at 3:05 AM, CINNABOM said:

A staff member must be a shipper like us too. Or maybe they lurk here?? :lenny:

Haha, are any of you working for The Swoon? :laugh: Hehe, I'm glad at least someone on that team seems to like DDSSLLS and reminds fans to love the series too! :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

On 2/21/2021 at 12:53 AM, JenL said:

And I had forgotten how much I laughed when GAR asked Mimi who she liked better. It was hilarious how seriously she treated Mimi's opinion, but also cheated with how to show her opinion :laugh:

That was hilarious and sneaky at the same time 🤣

Haha I can't tell if I'm moving on or not :idk: Can definitely watch other dramas, but don't have a pairing I like half as much...

Same...there's no kdrama pairing so far this 2021 that impressed me with their chemistry like LJW and GAR...(i fell deep when I saw that dinner photo, and there were only a few episodes of the series at the time 😅 ), currently, went back watching anime instead 😅

But for GAR, who was not an idol, I feel like SM would not have put as much focus on her,

True. Same with actress Lee Yeon Hee, GAR and her are both from SM at the time. I think LYH is in Vast now with LJW and Hyun bin. 

tried to upload that hospital BTS again on Youtube but it's definitely still blocked! The reason they give is that it is copyrighted content to KBS

So little love for this drama 😢. Maybe it was indeed copyright issues. But I thought monsterunion is also responsible for distribution and promoting just like netflix or the swoon.. anyway.. thanks very much for uploading it. Might as well download it too for safekeeping 😅😆

On 2/21/2021 at 3:34 AM, JenL said:

found a twitter channel that has a bunch of pre-debut videos of LJW doing auditions and drama practice. Wonder who released them? Is it his acting school? An old agent? :thinking:

I found these in twitter too. They uploaded more vids of him ☺.  Maybe it was from his Uni or auditions. How did they find it? 🤣

On 2/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, eNDe said:

silent since she tends to take longer breaks between projects but it's LJW that makes me ponde

Me too. Maybe because he was doing dramas for the past years that he wanted to take a longer break. That's why I theorised before maybe he'll go back to school ?😅 There have been no announcements yet from him this 2021 aside from the cameo on a drama. On my delusional mind, maybe GAR did suggest to take time on his break this year 🤭😅.

On 2/21/2021 at 3:30 PM, multiloverss said:

also want to see this drama. The first episode look promising.

Is it good? I want to see this as LDH made a cameo 😅

On 2/21/2021 at 11:37 PM, JenL said:

But also maybe it helps her when one day the rings come to mean something no one will know

Very witty 👏.

On 2/21/2021 at 11:37 PM, JenL said:

She's so lucky to have gone and also it looks like she was one of the winners of the KBS polaroid decorating game

She is very lucky, i hope she won't get rid of her account 😊. Loved all her posts. Hehehe..

15 hours ago, JenL said:

feel like he would be the type to offer! Especially because it's sunbaenim 

Definitely 🥰.

15 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, in my next life I want to be a make-up artist to one of these super good looking stars!

Hahaha. Every fangirl's wish 😂😅.

15 hours ago, JenL said:

The upcoming dramas to avoid if you can't stand the DDSSLLS reminders will be Dear M (she has a small role) and Blue Spring from a Distance (she is apparently second lead for this drama!) 

Thanks for the warning 🤣. How has she got more roles though? 🤔😅

15 hours ago, JenL said:

she's also the one who makes all the pretty DDSSLLS gifs I put here...like these ones...

These gifs are love 🥰😍.

15 hours ago, JenL said:

This instagram has been very active lately with reposting stills and making some of their own stills:

Seoulyoudrama: https://www.instagram.com/seoulyoudrama/

That's great, I am happy to know that some fans  are not fussy about the drama as long as it had a happy ending. 😊

15 hours ago, JenL said:

it's better than casting news where I hate the pairings...so I'm ok for now just watching their old projects!

Hahaha. Better than be paired with someone no good or the drama plot not too interesting.

Yeah, both have a break for now and get cast again on the same drama (😅🤣 wishful thinking). 

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 2/22/2021 at 12:54 AM, eNDe said:

I think it's normal coming from GAR being silent since she tends to take longer breaks between projects but it's LJW that makes me ponder especially because he recently won many awards and a rising actor. So I'm not sure if he's given a green light to take time in choosing his next lead project and/or personally, he wants that too. 

On 2/22/2021 at 2:30 AM, multiloverss said:

Yes you right about GAR. She always take a long break before start a new project. But hope she would cameback with another drama in second half of this year. About LJW, he take a long break for this time. He always had back to back drama from his debut. So, maybe he want to rest a bit before decide to choose a new project.

This is true! I do wonder about LJW since he's normally go several projects on the go :thinking: He was pretty much doing Search WWW and Extraordinary You at the same time and when that finished, went straight into When the Weather was fine...and then into DDSSLLS. It seems weird not to leverage the momentum of having just finished his first lead role...but maybe he really needs a break...and he could be waiting for better projects. I know his fans all miss him for sure! 

I know what you mean. I'll drop by here for sure in the future and maybe if I can, share new edits of them. :yayaya:

Ooooh you're beautiful edits are always welcome if you choose to make any :Party01: I love how much cheer your talents have brought to our little group here :hearties:

:Party01: Our "tour" to Mokpo is coming! haha. 

Yep, yep! I'm putting the finishing touches on these posts and refreshing some stuff for this little 3 month anniversary...I think it'll be pretty quiet for a bit from all the actors...so I guess I'll just send a burst of refreshed DDSSLLS content in 2 days time! :Party02:

I can't seem to watch Lee Je-Hoon in rom-com or romance because I just like him in a detective role or anything else other than in a rom-com. He had such an excellent chemistry with his senior female co-star in the film I Can Speak (2017). It's about him being an English teacher to this old lady but I recommend anyone to watch it. I really don't want to spoil it but there's a great meaning to their story because it touches on something that happened in history. If you want a shorter introduction of his work, this film is it. 

Ahhh, I have watched him before! I've definitely seen I Can Speak . It was a very touching story and the elderly ladies back story was tragic, but it was inspirational how she survived that (I watch a lot of Korean film every year because I get free passes to them, so saw this one when it was fresh!) Highly recommend it. :heart:

IKR! But GAR would not want to carry another male co-star again after that punishment in RM. It should be the other way round. Plus Jun rejected RaRa when she asked for a piggyback in ep 2! haha. 

Hahaha, It should definitely be the other way around. I don't think LJW would let anyone taint his image like that :PikaSwag::laugh: He would die of embarrassment first I think! He'd rather be the cool one giving the piggyback.

Btw, I can't believe I never saw the micro BTS video of them taking photos for the stills in front of Lalaland from YJW's Instagram until today (But it's a nice feeling discovering content you never saw before!). I love the way LJW looked at GAR in this...it had that Jun look and headshake, but also... he couldn't help but laugh and be charmed by GAR's craziness!

75bRLRC.gif

Agree! Oh wait...I'm always NOT watching rom-coms. hahaha. 

Hahaha, rom coms are definitely not for everyone in terms of taste. But I do think rom com as a genre sometimes get minimalised as not having substance because it's seen as "a woman's genre" and too emotional even though stuff like action and sci fi can be just the same as well. It's not to say all rom com films/drama are deep, but after doing film studies about genre, I realised in a weird way there are lots of emotional/ reflective lessons to be learn from rom-coms too...often to do with things like self-love and friendships too :BulbaOWO: I guess DDSSLLS is one example of that (let us not think of the ending though!)

What's up with them seriously. Damn annoying. Thankfully we got you @JenL!! 

Yeah it's so weird. A GAR fan instagram posted to say that Monster Union did really well last year with several projects including DDSSLLS: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLqL6zlpvqY/ But if they did well...why put those videos on Private?? But it looks like they currently don't have any recent videos you can watch...the most recent is from 5 months ago? :thinking: Something weird is going down there.

He look soo young in this video. I think this video from his acting school.

Yep, seems like that channel has access to a lot of his acting school/audition videos...there's even a video of LJW rapping. It's very cute. He's so little :laugh:

same....i also want to see this drama. The first episode look promising.

I'm watching Beyond Evil! So far so good...huge twist already at episode 2! :lettalKWA: YJG is my new crush now that LJW is taking a break :MewGiggle:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

On 2/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, multiloverss said:

About LJW, he take a long break for this time. He always had back to back drama from his debut. So, maybe he want to rest a bit before decide to choose a new project.

And or he's trying to work on his writing this year since his goal for 2020 was to become a prolific writer so that could part of the reason he's quietly busy to manage his projects. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

We are like GAR, cheering you on! 

On 2/22/2021 at 7:37 AM, JenL said:

I like that GAR is so carefree with her rings. But also maybe it helps her when one day the rings come to mean something no one will know :smug:

Smart move right...haha. 

And she had public appearances with just one ring too anyway...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

She's really cool about wearing ring(s). Haha. 

And it was ironic that there were two classical music romance dramas in the one year. Do You Like Brahms was very different to DDSSLLS, but I'd still recommend it. The romance was sweet and like DDSSLLS's  story, the drama was about more than just the romance - it was about finding your path when you're not good at what you're doing, which is an interesting idea. It was also strangely opposite to DDSSLLS though

I read some reviews for DYLB and certainly I was almost going to watch it at the same time with DDSSLLS but I really stopped myself because I want to appreciate them fully on its own. So I'll definitely watch it when I'm back watching kdrama again as I'm having a break at the moment. haha. @purplefin Like you, once I'm done with kdrama spell, I will go back to my anime or documentary watch. I'm excited to try Disney + and check out their offerings that includes National Geographics channel too. 

Plus KMJ & PEB won Best Couple at SBS over bigger dramas like The King Monarch  :heart:

For me, TKM pairings feels like people are trying to recreate/hype a popular pairing like what happened in Goblin. Unless correct me if I'm wrong, if anyone here watched it, that their pairings were great. However, I like it when the "underdogs" win it hehe. Hurray for KMJ and PEB!! 

But yeah, definitely saw the fake girlfriend actress being advertised by KBS as having a role in this drama, so hard pass for me.

Her character description :

Kwon Eun-bin as Min Yang-hee

Min Yang-hee (20) is a first year student in the Department of Computer Science (Class of '20). Her nickname is "Goddess of Engineering". Her father is a pilot so she grew up in wealth and is always wearing luxury brands. She can be oblivious but her charms make her impossible to hate.

It's like an extension of the same role in DDSSLLS. Maybe this time a character gonna hit her with a tennis ball in the head and she became oblivious after that but then there was one person who hated her - the person who smack that powerful forehand winner at her. 

I saw One Cloudy Day's Instagram too!!! She's so lucky to have gone and also it looks like she was one of the winners of the KBS polaroid decorating game that GAR and LJW played since she took a photo of her photo at Lala Land...but she's probably the most deserving person to win it since she's made all those beautiful DDSSLLS gifs I always post, still has an active DDSSLLS Instagram account and has re-watched the series like 100 times :pandachamp: Hahaha, still jealous though...I love autographed polaroids!

NThT1Fz.jpg

Yes! She's a well-deserved winner of the signed polaroid and still posting about the drama. So cool! What a great photo opportunity together with the actual filming location! I hope GAR and LJW would see this photo. 

On 2/23/2021 at 9:40 PM, JenL said:

Especially because it's sunbaenim :BulbaOWO::hearties:

4ayOtl4.gif

:eeeee:Of course, very polite of him...but I think we still wonder how exactly he calls her off-screen. 

The upcoming dramas to avoid if you can't stand the DDSSLLS reminders will be Dear M (she has a small role) and Blue Spring from a Distance (she is apparently second lead for this drama!) 

Hahaha I love that you've listed this for us to avoid. Thank you! Gosh another university based/premise drama...I can safely avoid them. 

I saw the magazine photos for Hello! It's Me! I mean I'll never understand why there wasn't a variety show feature and photoshoot for GAR and LJW :letalQQ: But I hope it'll somehow happen in some other way. Come on Balenciaga! :laugh:

I don't get it either...I don't think I'm too newbie about promoting that I didn't see a clear sign they won't need or want it. 

By the way I finished Miss Hammurabi yesterday night @eNDe! I'm just going to post my debrief in spoiler tag since it's not entirely relevant to this thread...

Spoiler

I knew you're gonna think of RaRa and Jun in ep.15! haha. 

But Yay! Can't wait for you to watch its bts videos and the two variety shows GAR made appearances to promote MH! Also, there's fan-made music videos of GAR and KMS so check them out too. She was also actively posting on her IG while filming so you'll get to see her interactions with all her co-stars just like in DDSSLLS. Like you said, it's so rare to find a celebrity like her on IG haha. Always thinking of her fans and giving them lots of updates. What I remember about KMS was that his fans were saying GAR was his first female co-star he posted on his IG and when he did the ice bucket challenge, he passed on to her haha so I'm glad it also shows why they do still have a good friendship off-screen where they sent each other coffee trucks to cheer on each other's new projects. I sure hope it will be too for GAR and LJW. hehe. 

As for the drama itself, I definitely grew more fond of Judge Han after rewatching it again recently. I realised more of his importance in guiding the two new judges that he believes is indeed the great future of the court room therefore I can understand why he took that path at the end. He also believes that he would be seeing them again...perhaps in the court room! haha. I love that idea. Because of that too, fans of MH were asking for Season 2 so that it can continue to show the two judges' new phase of work life without Judge Han, privately as a new couple and facing opposite Judge Han as a lawyer and privately as a true friend.  

20 hours ago, purplefin said:

True. Same with actress Lee Yeon Hee, GAR and her are both from SM at the time. I think LYH is in Vast now with LJW and Hyun bin. 

Oooh...I didn't know LYH has left SM! Now they can't put LYH, GAR and I think Yoona, as the trio beauty of SM that I remember shows tend to put them together like that. So annoying...for me, I get it, they're pretty but can they also remember them as talents? It's like old news and a recycled content to keep on mentioning. Gosh, I'm glad they moved on from SM. 

Maybe it was indeed copyright issues. But I thought monsterunion is also responsible for distribution and promoting just like netflix or the swoon.

I read an article shared on an IG post that Monsterunion is part of KBS and then I found this that said so:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Television_series_by_Monster_Union

Maybe the parent told the child to stop sharing the content openly. Let Swoon be the only channel to do it. 

On my delusional mind, maybe GAR did suggest to take time on his break this year 🤭😅.

LOL. 

Yeah, both have a break for now and get cast again on the same drama (😅🤣 wishful thinking). 

Don't worry, you're not alone with this thinking. haha.

54 minutes ago, JenL said:

Ahhh, I have watched him before! I've definitely seen I Can Speak

It's so good right! You guys should watch it! Highly recommended! 

(I watch a lot of Korean film every year because I get free passes to them, so saw this one when it was fresh!)

Interesting...now that I remember you mentioned about this before as well...so you work in media industry?

The last time I got free movie passes was as an intern for CLEO magazine haha. 

Hahaha, It should definitely be the other way around. I don't think LJW would let anyone taint his image like that :PikaSwag::laugh: He would die of embarrassment first I think! He'd rather be the cool one giving the piggyback.

Omg...you're right! LJW and his image would NEVER allow her to piggyback him! LOL. 

I love the way LJW looked at GAR in this...it had that Jun look and headshake, but also... he couldn't help but laugh and be charmed by GAR's craziness!

75bRLRC.gif

I saw this before but only now I'm observing Jun/LJW in closer detail. Thanks for sharing! 

It's not to say all rom com films/drama are deep, but after doing film studies about genre, I realised in a weird way there are lots of emotional/ reflective lessons to be learn from rom-coms too :BulbaOWO: I guess DDSSLLS is one example of that

You're absolutely right. For me, probably because I've watched a lot of Western rom-com at certain stage of life so I got sick of the genre but DDSSLLS is a rare one for me as a rom-com gem (with emotional/reflective lessons) in Kdrama.

Overall, I'm still discovering Kdrama itself and how they produced good stories, directing, casting, cinematography, music, costume and many more aspects of film and media. They're interesting to study personally for me as much as an enjoyment, to the point I'm not as interested in the Western produced dramas for some time now. So despite my allergy to certain rom-com, I love discovering kdrama gems even if it's a rom-com.:yayaya:

Yep, seems like that channel has access to a lot of his acting school/audition videos...there's even a video of LJW rapping. It's very cute. He's so little :laugh:

He'll be glad none of this was brought up during quiz time with GAR. If she knew, she would have asked him to rap to the viewing fans when she had that chance! To think he almost wanted to suggest rap to GAR. haha. 

----------------------

While looking for photos, I found this article wrote the translated posters for GAR's coffee truck sent by her senior actor Lee Jung Jae: https://www.soompi.com/article/1412276wpp/go-ara-thanks-lee-jung-jae-for-thoughtful-gift

"The banner next to the coffee truck, which features a large photo of Go Ara, reads, “‘Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol,’ please take good care of our Ara. From actor Lee Jung Jae.”

I realised LJW's pose is meaningful as if he said "Yes, Sir!" 

spacer.png

:hearties:

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 7
On 2/22/2021 at 9:21 PM, CINNABOM said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLldjcmlWxu/?igshid=fu5cqxd5q8bk

Go Ara posted another photo with the balenciaga hat. She must really like the hat or it has special meaning.:heart: Even if it’s not from LJW, I hope she has someone in her life that makes her happy. But I’m especially hoping it’s LJW...hahah

Hahaha, yes! I saw that post. It seems to be her favourite cap lately :) I'm not sure what she feels the meaning to the hat is...but for me, the cap represents a matching fashion sense to LJW. LOL :lenny:

Hahaha I do hope they're both happy too - whatever the case is with both of them, I just love the friendship chemistry I definitely know is so very, very warm between them :BulbaOWO::hearties:

On 2/23/2021 at 1:53 AM, twinkler0415 said:

Oooohhh!!! Thats the one!! :wow: thank you @JenL. Maybe you were a detective in your past life :laugh: thank you for clearing this one 🥰

Hahaha it would be cool to be a detective in my past life...but I'm probably more just a crazy DDSSLLS/ GAR & LJW fan who has spent way too much time on Instagram :laugh: I think I found that video while doing an audit of all the videos they had released and checking which ones were translated.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:53 AM, twinkler0415 said:

One fan even mentioned in the comments that it is her 3rd post with the same hat lol!! Really wishing its from LJW too! 😅

Oooh could you imagine if it was his cap which he gifted her? :wow:

On 2/24/2021 at 4:26 AM, purplefin said:

Same...there's no kdrama pairing so far this 2021 that impressed me with their chemistry like LJW and GAR...(i fell deep when I saw that dinner photo, and there were only a few episodes of the series at the time 😅 ), currently, went back watching anime instead 😅

Hahaha, I definitely agree - there's no one even close to GAR and LJW :heart:...but I guess to be fair 2021 has only just started and it seems like all the channels have a big action/sci-fi/thriller focus with only mild romances lately rather than full romances/ rom-coms since it's currently trending: Vincenzo / Times / Beyond Evil / L.U.C.A /Sisyphus: the myth. The only two that are slightly more romantic that I think of are the historical River where the Moon Rises and Hello? It's Me! (though that looks way more like comedy than romance atm). 

Meh, aside from Beyond Evil, I'm just going through old GAR and LJW projects. Since I just finished Miss Hammurabi, I'm gonna swing to a LJW project and watch When the Weather is Fine. :BulbaOWO:

So little love for this drama 😢. Maybe it was indeed copyright issues. But I thought monsterunion is also responsible for distribution and promoting just like netflix or the swoon.. anyway.. thanks very much for uploading it. Might as well download it too for safekeeping 😅😆

Monsterunion Studios is a company started by KBS and seems to distribute solely for them, but I'm not sure why they've made their videos from the last 5 months private? :lettalKWA: Yeah I'd probably download a copy for safe-keeping in case. I won't remove the videos from my channel, but you never know when TV stations may crackdown on Youtube things :idk:

That reminds me to also download The Swoon games with them both. I mean, they've been good so far, but you just never know with this drama eh? :psweatduck:

I found these in twitter too. They uploaded more vids of him ☺.  Maybe it was from his Uni or auditions. How did they find it? 🤣

Yep, it looks like stuff from his uni and early audition days. Pre-debut anyway. No idea if this person is like a fan...or like someone from his acting school/ ex-agent etc. So far they've been an excellent source of info about a LJW before he was famous...but you can see his charms already :BulbaOWO:

She is very lucky, i hope she won't get rid of her account 😊. Loved all her posts. Hehehe..

Hopefully not! Also hope she never gets rid of her Twitter and gif blog! (though I think I've saved most of her gifs by now!)

Also recommending an instagrammer I love...This LJW fan account: 1998.0510 Her edits of Jun's photos are sooo pretty...I think she's managed to get every beautiful expression Jun has ever made:hearties: I hope this account never goes down too!

yKgYeXO.jpg

AlpVjTI.jpg

80SQ8MB.jpg

Speaking of someone who gets rid of things on Instagram, LJW sometimes deletes his photos. There's been a few selfies he posted then deleted...and I forgot he had posted his photos as high school Jun and then deleted them: https://www.instagram.com/p/CG482b0p1y-/

...luckily LJW fans are very good at reporting everything he posts :lenny::smug::laugh:

That's great, I am happy to know that some fans  are not fussy about the drama as long as it had a happy ending. 😊

I did see a nice comment by some fans saying they didn't know why this drama was rated so low because they loved it a lot...but their pic was of an earlier episode so I couldn't tell if it was because they hadn't gotten to the end yet or they're just like us! :idk:

On 2/24/2021 at 4:50 AM, purplefin said:

Yeah any brand please hear us 😆.

I once saw a wedding photoshoot of LJW. Maybe they can do one with him and GAR in the future. 🙏

Ah yes, he did a wedding shoot for  wedding photographers before he made his debut. The shoot is sooo pretty. I wish him and GAR had done a wedding pictorial to advertise for DDSSLLS since it would have made sense...but then again, maybe it would have disappointed more if they had done one and the ending was as it is. Still, the On Your Wedding Day film had a sad ending and the actors still did a lovely pictorial for it :lenny:

• Like 7

On 2/24/2021 at 1:26 AM, purplefin said:

maybe GAR did suggest to take time on his break this year

LoL!! I had the exact same thought!

Also remember one of us saying before that maybe LJW did not accept the role from KBS to get beck at them for not recognizing sunbaenim GAR at the awards 😁

On 2/24/2021 at 8:50 PM, JenL said:

can't believe I never saw the micro BTS video of them taking photos for the stills in front of Lalaland from YJW's Instagram until today

Wow!!! Thank you for sharing @JenL 😍😍

On 2/24/2021 at 9:39 PM, eNDe said:

watch it when I'm back watching kdrama again as I'm having a break at the moment

Im also on a break at the moment. 😅 I said to myself before I will watch true beauty once its done airing, but here I am, not watching anything new and is rewatching DDSSLLS again :heiboi:

Maybe this time a character gonna hit her with a tennis ball in the head and she became oblivious after that but then there was one person who hated her - the person who smack that powerful forehand winner at her. 

:laugh:

realised LJW's pose is meaningful as if he said "Yes, Sir!" 

Now that you mentioned it, it does make sense! Lol! I thought he was just using his hand to cover his face from the sun :laugh:

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, yes! I saw that post. It seems to be her favourite cap lately :) I'm not sure what she feels the meaning to the hat is...but for me, the cap represents

I saw one shipper of GAR and kim myung soo ig wherein she posted a collage of GAR and  KMS wearing the same balenciaga cap lol!!! 

3 hours ago, JenL said:

.luckily LJW fans are very good at reporting everything he posts

I only understand now why fans repost stuffs the actors posts lol!!! 😅 thank you for shedding the light to me again @JenL😅

• Like 6
On 2/24/2021 at 1:26 AM, purplefin said:

there's no kdrama pairing so far this 2021 that impressed me with their chemistry like LJW and GAR...(i fell deep when I saw that dinner photo, and there were only a few episodes of the series at the time ),

Agreed.There are no pairing that catch my eyes right now. Usually i only watch one ongoing drama per year. DDSSLLS the only drama i watch ongoing last year because i curious about their chemistry and in the end their chemistry caught me so i'm still cannot move on form them.

While looking for photos, I found this article wrote the translated posters for GAR's coffee truck sent by her senior actor Lee Jung Jae: https://www.soompi.com/article/1412276wpp/go-ara-thanks-lee-jung-jae-for-thoughtful-gift

"The banner next to the coffee truck, which features a large photo of Go Ara, reads, “‘Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol,’ please take good care of our Ara. From actor Lee Jung Jae.”

I realised LJW's pose is meaningful as if he said "Yes, Sir!" 

i think this the only picture they take together with the food truck. 

3 hours ago, JenL said:

This LJW fan account: 1998.0510 Her edits of Jun's photos are sooo pretty...I think she's managed to get every beautiful

All the pictures is great...i always see her account while waiting for LJW post:love:

I'm watching Beyond Evil! So far so good...huge twist already at episode 2

it is good? i'm planning to watch it but still not sure whether i start river where the moon rises, vincenzo or beyond evil first because right now still replay sweet scene  in DDSSLLS

I love the way LJW looked at GAR in this...it had that Jun look and headshake, but also... he couldn't help but laugh and be charmed by GAR's craziness!

LJW still amazes with GAR energy that why he always shakes his head looking at her action.:hearties:

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1

:Party01: Happy 3 month anniversary since the ending of DDSSLLS aired in November, Twinkles! :Party02:

Thanks for all the lovely conversations, edits and news!

@eNDe @twinkler0415 @CINNABOM @purplefin @multiloverss @Unnie0110

There were a lot of Behind the scenes pictures from crew members and fans while the drama was shooting. The Director of DDSSLLS recently made his account private, but many fans posted his photos so we're lucky to have copies floating around: https://bit.ly/3aTsSFW

4quKI1o.jpg

A List of all filming locations in Mokpo  https://bit.ly/2NFXPEK

XLi82sI.png

A List of all filming locations in Seoul: https://bit.ly/3stoWl5

BsWmvfg.jpg

Also all the LJW fans were rejoicing because Netflix Korea just released the first stills of Move to Heaven....no LJW pictures, but he is meant to cameo in this

By the way, it seems like they took two BTS pictures rather than the one than KBS released...wish they could have given us the other one too (fans just screenshot the video)

7ZpbOim.jpg

Revisiting a favourite scene...this one always gave me flutters... :CharmanderYay:

nzAeWFA.jpg

mmYBxYx.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 4

I can’t believe it’s been 3 months since the show ended. I’m ready for another LJW x GA project. I have enjoyed reading everyone’s post here. And thank you @JenL for all your hard work. Your blog is so helpful in giving me ideas for places to visit once I’m able to travel again!:love:

• Like 6
  • Heart Eyes 1