La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

On 2/4/2021 at 7:02 PM, multiloverss said:

think DDSSLLS got the wrap up party but did not do openly like usual drama as they still has pandemic covid 19.

I think they had a wrap up party after last filming of drama.

i see in jaemin ig, he updated photo with LJW

Thanks for sharing! This is the first time I saw the picture with GAR. I saw the pic of LJW and Jaemin and dr.cha's ex wife before but not with GAR. Based on the date they posted it, it could be their wrap up party indeed. 😄 i wish someone could post more pics of GAR and LJW together in that dinner 🙏

16 hours ago, JenL said:

And then pictures of their lives living in Eunpo after Jun's return...

It was such a simple fix

So true.... if they have issues of the time being not enough to explain everything, the pictures of  their lives after Jun's return would have been a very simple fix 😔

• Like 6
On 2/3/2021 at 2:40 AM, multiloverss said:

i like park bo young and park eunbin. Both of them also good and always take different roles. 

I'm glad someone else likes them both too! They're quite talented and if LJW doesn't get another GAR pairing...then I hope he gets to work with these too as a consolation! :BulbaOWO:

On 2/4/2021 at 8:01 PM, purplefin said:

I did wonder too. I knew they celebrated with a surprise separately for LJW and GAR on their last day of filming but I didn't see them go out with the cast and crew as a whole.  Maybe because it was covid, it was restricted? I was looking forward to the after party as well but... 😔

Indeed. 🥰😅 They should probably celebrate in the future even if its just a small get together. LJW and YJW both won awards. 😉

On 2/4/2021 at 10:02 PM, multiloverss said:

i think DDSSLLS got the wrap up party but did not do openly like usual drama as they still has pandemic covid 19.

I think they had a wrap up party after last filming of drama.

i see in jaemin ig, he updated photo with LJW

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHXj4bln4V5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

this one with GAR

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHfR4hcFHZF/?igshid=x5ko80pj9ecc

This one ex wife dr cha updated

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHb6V9iAcy2/?igshid=1eesrpb0upnkk

Yeah it seems like the separate celebrations with streamers and cake etc are very popular these days for staffers to do for Korean actors once they finish filming. I think covid has played a big part in stopping post-filming/wrap up dinners because there's been restrictions in Korea for covid and I guess it'd be against rules or bad influence for actors to have gatherings :letalQQ: still I think they probably did have mini celebrations as @multiloverss pointed out. I'm not sure if those photos were from a final celebration or if they just had little dinners together on set all the time...since I think they were still shooting when those photos were posted...The actors hanging out for dinners is a comforting thought though. Thanks for sharing! :heart::CharmanderYay: I know the actresses met together after the series wrapped for a meal since Dr Cha's wife posted photos!

And there's no confirmation still with regards to her drama with LJW?

haven't heard any from LJW's side, has he confirmed?

Nope! Nothing yet! I'm hoping he picks something good and doesn't rush into it though. I wasn't a fan of that pairing with PGY, so....I'll be happy if there's a better project and if it comes to it, a better pairing! I know he's doing a cameo for a Netflix series called Move to Heaven which sounds good.:hearties: In the meantime, I'll start When the Weather is Fine

I think one of the swoon staff is a fan of this pairing. Hahaha..They always include the two as much as they can 😂😍

I hope this is true and they continue to include DDSSLLS in the Instagram posts as much as possible even in the future :wow:

I find it amazing how you guys find these information 😅. This made my feet itch and wanted to go badly to S. Korea 😆🤣. Hahaha. 

Hahaha the power of instagram! I really want to go visit too. It's one of the first places I'd go if they could clear up covid :heart:

Yeah..Iove the feminist theme in this drama too. This is one of the few dramas that did made me cry 😅.  I just wished they were more romantic scenes in the drama but at the same time I love it's more focus on their jobs and the people that surround them. It's quite refreshing to watch. 

This is sooo true. I've just gotten up to the confession and it's nice...haha it's not the high level of romantic tension of Lala and Jun, but it's lovely in it's awkward way and sad to find out GAR's characters past. It's definitely refreshing to have a drama that looks into civil cases and how judges help society. :CharmanderYay:

This is one of my faves too 😍😂.  Love it when Jun is caught off guard and becomes flustered. Hahaha.  Sooo cuuute. 🥰

I forgot to post Jun's reaction to Lala's "I want you..."

44drEAG.gif

Not a big fan of the actress, I'm sorry, though I heard the story is quite nice and they got good chemistry too. 

I'm still on reruns of DDSSLLS 😆😅

On 2/4/2021 at 10:02 PM, multiloverss said:

run on look interesting but i not too fond for the male lead.maybe i would pass this drama....i just see the cut in ig, female lead character is so savage. This drama is the first drama by the writer

same....now at ep 3.:wow:

Hahaha, oh, I'm not a fan of the actor or actress of Run On ...I just watched it and mentioned it on this forum because I think thought the script/ dialogue was interesting and if GAR and LJW picked up a project from this scriptwriter, I wouldn't mind especially because the ending was really happy and well wrapped up. I wish this scriptwriter had had a say in DDSSLLS's ending. They not only gave the main cast a happy ending but even minor side characters!!!

I'm impressed that you guys are doing a full re-watch! I tend to have a hard time re-watching series even the ones I really love. But I'm still keeping in touch with this series but looking at fan edits and filming locations and behind the scenes I re-watch certain favourite scenes. 

I miss these moments...(a mixture of behind the scenes and actual drama scenes)

IDaNda7.gif

9rPfRhL.gif

wxacYKE.gif

• Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 2/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, multiloverss said:

think DDSSLLS got the wrap up party but did not do openly like usual drama as they still has pandemic covid 19.

I've seen this photos in ig too but I thought it was just a get together/dinner while they were still filming 😅. Wish he had photos with GAR too. Maybe on his ipad 😂

On 2/4/2021 at 3:06 PM, twinkler0415 said:

I hope LJW will just take a little break, I remember his speech in the kbs awards , he did say he will come home (to his mom) lol!

True, 😅 I don't know but I've got a feeling he'll either go to military soon or go back to school 😆.  Hope I'm wrong though 😅. He kept mentioning that he would have been in the army if he wasn't acting. It just seems quiet on his end. Or maybe he's just taking a loooong break and I am just overthinking 🤣.  

On 2/5/2021 at 3:22 PM, JenL said:

It was such a simple fix :letalQQ:

It was. Sighs. This is one of my greatest frustrations in 2020 😆.

I would have never been this frustrated if I didn't love the drama so much.  😅

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Nope! Nothing yet! I'm hoping he picks something good and doesn't rush into it though. I wasn't a fan of that pairing with PGY, so....I'll be happy if there's a better project and if it comes to it, a better pairing! I know he's doing a cameo for a Netflix series called Move to Heaven which sounds good

Ooh. Nice ☺. I didn't know about this.  Is it just a cameo?  I'd rather he was a part of it. 

16 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm impressed that you guys are doing a full re-watch

That's my weakness 😅. I can watch my fave series for a year or so. It takes a while for me to move on 😆, same with music or food. 

Thanks for the amazing gifs @JenL. I remember LJW fixing GAR's hair in that BTS 😍

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm impressed that you guys are doing a full re-watch

That's my weakness 😅. I can watch my fave series for a year or so. It takes a while for me to move on 😆, same with music or food. 

*sorry, it got reposted. I don't know how to delete it 😅*

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 2/5/2021 at 2:06 AM, twinkler0415 said:

Hahaha! You saw it! I was kinda shy to share the video in this thread. its the first time i made a video and uploaded it on YouTube 😅

There is really something about DDSSLLS that turned me into a proactive fan. I have been a kdrama watcher since 2009 but this is the first time i have been addicted to a drama and didnt think twice to buy a Soundtrack (but was really aiming for a DVD).

Yep! One of GAR's fan clubs posted it on their instagram and then it popped up on Youtube as a suggestion because I guess I still keep looking up DDSSLLS clips etc :laugh:

DDSSLLS has turned us all into proactive fans, at least for while. I rarely blog about Korean dramas (I translate for Taiwanese ones though)...but this one, I wrote so many posts and collected all the behind the scene content of GAr and LJW,..haha I'm the same, been watching since 2007, but this drama is one of the rare few that will stay with me forever. Haha, was this the firs OST you bought? :BulbaOWO: I liked your unboxing video!

Maybe  the time they wrapped up filming was the time the 2nd wave of Covid hit S.korea?

It's true, there have been waves...in any case, I don't think it's the only drama without a big celebration. I've noticed other good rating dramas have also had few celebrations, so I think it's just precautions taken by drama production crews/ actors. :SquirtleSquadCool:

Ooohh, i also read about this. I hope LJW will just take a little break, I remember his speech in the kbs awards , he did say he will come home (to his mom) lol! But i really hope GAR will cameo in this drama, since its about a judge?... also hoping LJW will cameo with her lol!!!

Yep, seems like he is taking a break and maybe taking some time to pick his next project carefully. I think it's so sweet he mentioned his mum at his speech :heart: Haha, while I wasn't so keen on LJW in this project, you're right, I wouldn't mind GAR doing a cameo as a throwback to Miss Hammurabi! 

On 2/5/2021 at 2:27 AM, twinkler0415 said:

Wow!! Thats looks awesome!! Thank you @JenLfor these updates. Its so nice to know that Mokpo is really proud of this drama (more than KBS i would say)

Mokpo is really pretty at the moment. Looks like lots of snow! I also found some of the other filming locations that previously haven't been blogged about. New locations under the spoilers tag

oFKJKi1.jpg

G5Koz8V.jpg

sRyxnj2.png

Me too me too!!! Still on Reruns of DDSSLLS 🥰

Havent watched anything else since DDSSLLS ended 😅

I love it that you'll all re-watching this sweet drama :heart::wow: I watched a little bit today while making those location comparison pictures. I'm still on Miss Hammurabi and will start When the Weather is Fine soon because now it's like a DDSSLLS / LJW and GAR drought! 

I was actually looking for the same thing! Lol! I saw a picture of her drinking and there was a big label on top that says 'int.' (with a color red dot) But I never saw anything while searching. I even tried to find it in the list of sponsors in the booklet of the OST, but still no luck..

Haha, smart! I would not have thought of looking at the sponsors! Shame you couldn't find it! @purplefin have you maybe looked up ginseng drinks? I was watching a baseball drama and they were also drinking flat drinks ad ginseng is considered popular in Korea, so I wonder if it's that. Otherwise it might be a jelly or yoghurt drink? I don't remember if they mentioned it in the drama. It didn't have a brand though. :thinking:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 2/7/2021 at 10:43 AM, JenL said:

I wasn't a fan of that pairing with PGY

same but if the story is interesting enough to watch mybe i would give a try for LJW

On 2/7/2021 at 9:02 PM, purplefin said:

I can watch my fave series for a year or so. It takes a while for me to move on 😆, same with music or food

i also like that. once i had my favourite i would keep watch the drama .Not the entire drama but only selected scene.For DDSSLLS, i always rewatch junrara scene.:wow:

34 minutes ago, JenL said:

Mokpo is really pretty at the moment. Looks like lots of snow! I also found some of the other filming locations that previously haven't been blogged about.

seeing the drama location picture had made me to listed mokpo as one place that i want to go if i got a chance to fly to korea.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Sorry all I haven't reply any post yet as I'm in the midst of reorganising some work so probably the coming Chinese New Year holidays will allow me to get my headspace here. :yayaya:

Just popping in to share a GAR news: :Party01:

She attended the 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards held today and broadcasted live on SBS.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLErCVzlv6P/?igshid=9e8oabgyl45s

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLEil-5p6TF/?igshid=1uy1ehehg5uqq

Finally seeing her appearance on (a film) awards show! 

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1
10 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, smart! I would not have thought of looking at the sponsors! Shame you couldn't find it! @purplefin have you maybe looked up ginseng drinks?

Thanks. I'll give it a try,😅  I actually thought it would have been like a collagen drink. It's just too elusive and difficult to find, whenever I search I ended up with soju brands 😆

10 hours ago, eNDe said:

She attended the 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards held today and broadcasted live on SBS.

Thank God she attended one 😂. Sadly, LJW was not there 😅, I would give anything just to see them together again 🤣.  

I see, she still have Rara's energy while walking the red carpet 😁.  And I love how she posts her photos in ig, a bit of blur here and there and she does not care 😅. I think it's her birthday soon too. 

I agree with @JenL, season of drought indeed 😅

I hope they will get to pick nicer projects this year or the years to come ☺.  I would prefer to see them doing a spin off of Manbok and Sunja's story, they could do a melodrama out of it 😅. I  would like to suggest to kbs or any other network if they have a suggestion box 😆

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4
4 hours ago, purplefin said:

she still have Rara's energy while walking the red carpet 😁.  And I love how she posts her photos in ig, a bit of blur here and there and she does not care 😅. I think it's her birthday soon too. 

you right. Rara vibe still there.She look so clueless:smile:.

She doesn't care and just post any picture she want. Tomorrow is her birthday and i think, we would got another post form her. I 'm quite shocked to see her at the film awards but still happy to see her there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLGBEmGrTal/?igshid=1d8ca5pt4fst6

LJW had declined the drama offer with PGY. Not sure why he declined mybe he want to try another genre or he got a better offers.

Anyway, i would support any new works for LJW and GAR 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 2/6/2021 at 6:00 PM, twinkler0415 said:

i wish someone could post more pics of GAR and LJW together in that dinner 🙏

I wish one of those staffers would post more pictures of GAR and LJW that we never saw. I miss seeing them together, that's for sure! :heart: 

Since there's not been much on the actors, I've resorted to looking at Eunpo instead (Mokpo). I like to look at the places that GAR and LJW were filming at...and looking at it on Google maps is oddly surreal...I guess because it's like virtually travelling there. I put the co-ordinates in on my blog post in case it also gives you all a sense of joy looking at it! :hearties:

On 2/6/2021 at 6:00 PM, twinkler0415 said:

So true.... if they have issues of the time being not enough to explain everything, the pictures of  their lives after Jun's return would have been a very simple fix 😔

On 2/7/2021 at 11:45 PM, purplefin said:

It was. Sighs. This is one of my greatest frustrations in 2020 😆.

I would have never been this frustrated if I didn't love the drama so much.  😅

Yes, I always think about that. It would have been the easiest epilogue to do - panning over framed photos in the flowershop. And I think it would have been nicer to have Jun's voice over message with those pictures...at least we could have seen that life went on for Lala and Jun way after those events :lenny: But I guess it is what it is....I agree that if I didn't love this drama so much, I would have just gotten over the end by now...but the love is too deep, so gotta live with the pain too :idk::hearties:

I've seen this photos in ig too but I thought it was just a get together/dinner while they were still filming 😅. Wish he had photos with GAR too. Maybe on his ipad 😂

I feel like he would have one at least, but he's probably never going to share :idk:

Thank God GAR took a lot and is a sharer. Also she got selfies of them in bed together :laugh: I have to say I doubt any other Korean actors have gotten this level of selfie game. However, GAR's post were cute and silly and scandal free. I'm glad LJW took those selfies with her, even if he didn't post any himself. I doubt he'll ever have 'bed selfies' with any of his other female co-stars :BulbaOWO::hearties::laugh:

True, 😅 I don't know but I've got a feeling he'll either go to military soon or go back to school 😆.  Hope I'm wrong though 😅. He kept mentioning that he would have been in the army if he wasn't acting. It just seems quiet on his end. Or maybe he's just taking a loooong break and I am just overthinking 🤣.  

I think he's going to climb safely into lead role territory first before going to the military. I think he just mentioned military because it's a 'safe' actor's response since everyone has to do conscription in South Korea...He seems to give very limited personal answers in interviews :thinking: Not sure about study, but I think he's on a longer break since he's been working hard the past few years.

Also I think he's being very careful about his next projects since the news is that rejected the project with PGY...I'm relieved...I wasn't ready to move on from LalaJun with a pairing I wasn't keen on :smile:...

Also a lot of people are saying they're proud LJW is careful when he picks projects and he's never picked anything bad that disappointed...That means people are less angry at DDSSLLS and accept that it was a good project for LJW! :Party01: Also glad he said yes to DDSSLLS and was happy to have GAR star as his first leading lady...Hahaha, I saw this comment on one of their behind the scene videos...

c2djGFa.png

It was referring to Lala being Jun's first crush, but I laughed thinking about it also referring to GAR being the first leading lady (though I mean it as a joke, not as anything serious :laugh:)

Ooh. Nice ☺. I didn't know about this.  Is it just a cameo?  I'd rather he was a part of it.  

This was announced awhile ago. Move to Heaven sounds like an episodic series, so I'm guessing he might appear as a guest character for one episode? :thinking: Don't think he's main cast, but there's an article somewhere early on confirming he would pop in on the series.

I'm impressed! I can't re-watch to that extent...and can definitely watch other series, but I still obsess about it in other ways (ie. buying merch or looking up filming locations or searching up fan art). It'll take me ages to move on in that sense....All my Twitter account is still DDSSLLS content :laugh:

Since I added more to the Mokpo filming locations, I'm currently looking up all the DDSSLLS filming locations in Seoul...may as well update those too :laugh:

By the way I saw someone make this comparison...it's like the KBS Awards we all deserved, but didn't get...I feel like we need to edit a better quality version of this!

2THEekt.png

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Thank you guys for sharing bits of news about our Rara and Jun;) I'm so glad GAR attended the Blue Dragon Awards last night, I think it's an omen that we'll be hearing news about a new drama or film that she'll be making. I hope it's a good one. GAR looks so pretty at the awards and she still has her Rara hair;)

As for LJW, I'm glad he turned down the offer from KBS, I was even suspecting from the plot of the drama that it will be a daily drama and hoped that he'll disagree to play the part. Yey for LJW! I'm glad that his agency is powerful enough for him to turn down a lead drama role in the early part of his career. I'm happy he has enough star power now to decline a role;) Hope GAR and LJW's next projects will be interesting and I'm still hoping for a reunion project sometime in the near future;)

I am re-watching random episodes of DDSSLLS right now but I still can't re-watch the episodes 13-16 hahaha

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
21 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

LJW, I'm glad he turned down the offer from KBS, I was even suspecting from the plot of the drama that it will be a daily drama and hoped that he'll disagree to play the part. Yey for LJW! I'm glad that his agency is powerful enough for him to turn down a lead drama role in the early part of his career.

I'm not too fond for the storyline....i quite shocked he declined but i think its good decision for him to wider his choice and not just accepting any roles offered to him. 

Hope he got the genre that he really want to try which is action. 

For GAR, hope her works came soon.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 2/10/2021 at 4:40 PM, JenL said:

By the way I saw someone make this comparison...it's like the KBS Awards we all deserved, but didn't get...I feel like we need to edit a better quality version of this!

IKR.

Whereas I tried to edit my version seriously but I ended up making them in RaRa and Jun mode. :heiboi:

spacer.png

On the red carpet, he's wondering why she was late hence he took photo alone

spacer.png

Meanwhile bts...he's sneaking to take her photo

spacer.png

And planning to give her those flowers after the awards hahaha

------------

:Party01: More importantly, today is Go Ara's birthday! :Party02: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

When she finds out he ain't giving her any presents. 

I like this scene where GAR and LJW wore something that they probably would wear off-screen for a get-together and those buntings are perfect for a birthday celebration. hehe. 

Edited by eNDe
  • Heart Eyes 5
  • Party! 1

@eNDe wow! the pictures are superrrr niceeee! even if they are just edits and not real, Jun and Rara's chemistry is out of this world! :heart: GAR and LJW look soooo good together! :wow::BulbaOWO::CharmanderYay:

The pictures made me miss Jun and Rara even more! I really wish they would make another project again... sooon!!!

Anyway, SAENGIL CHUKHA HAMNIDA Araya or Raraya!;) :wow: I hope LJW greets her on instagram;)

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1
On 2/9/2021 at 11:26 PM, multiloverss said:

same but if the story is interesting enough to watch mybe i would give a try for LJW

True, I guess if he had said yes, I would have tried to watch it anyway. Sometimes the actress grows on me, but sometimes no matter how much I like the actor, I can't accept the pairing...anyway, I'm really glad I don't have to make this choice :idk::Party01: I'm hoping LJW gets something he'll enjoy doing and it'll be a good project (and/or pairing) when he does say ok to his next work!

On 2/9/2021 at 11:26 PM, multiloverss said:

seeing the drama location picture had made me to listed mokpo as one place that i want to go if i got a chance to fly to korea.

I know, right? Mokpo is literally the top of my list right now! Though Seoul was where more of the less happier moments took place, I really like the locations in Seoul too. I'm compiling more locations on my Seoul filming location post...and this is the bookstore that Lala talked to Jun's mum at (where the TWD ahjummas planned to attack Jun mum if she was rude to Lala!) I will share post when ready, but here is a photo

exmDxo2.jpg

On 2/9/2021 at 11:30 PM, eNDe said:

Just popping in to share a GAR news: :Party01:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLErCVzlv6P/?igshid=9e8oabgyl45s

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLEil-5p6TF/?igshid=1uy1ehehg5uqq

Finally seeing her appearance on (a film) awards show! 

Thanks so much for sharing this! I wasn't in the know about these awards, so it was lovely to see your links and to see GAR dolled up for an award show. She's so pretty and I loved her look at the awards...she still looks like loveable Lala to meee. :wow:

2 hours ago, eNDe said:

IKR.

Whereas I tried to edit my version seriously but I ended up making them in RaRa and Jun mode. :heiboi:

On the red carpet, he's wondering why she was late hence he took photo alone

Meanwhile bts...he's sneaking to take her photo

And planning to give her those flowers after the awards hahaha

Skipping a few posts so I can respond to these amazing edits....Ahhhh, Thanks so much!!! These were so funnn :laugh::heart: I love that they were done with the Lala and Jun style and storyline :laugh: If KBS won't give you an award show appearance, who says you can't just make your own one eh? :idk::Party01: 

Thanks for the laughs...and the cool edits...I like how you made the poses work too! :SquirtleSquadCool:

2 hours ago, eNDe said:

:Party01: More importantly, today is Go Ara's birthday! :Party02: 

Yesss! Happy Birthday GAR!!! Our darling Lala...Here's a lovely party picture!

PNk9Ukw.png

Also love this video by: MyMonica60 https://www.instagram.com/p/CLJQGDwpgNQ/ It reminds me of the colour video by that deleted DDSSLLS account! But only with Ara!

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Hahaha, I love that birthday edit you did too! I can just picture Lala and Jun having that conversation! Also that is one of the cutest under rated scenes I feel. :BulbaOWO::heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 2

Inspired by @eNDe, here is what it would look like with LJW and GAR had presented an award together at the KBS Awards...but even better, they didn't even have to wear masks :laugh::hearties:

I may make a few more award comparisons if I have time...

91BB28u.png

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

On 2/10/2021 at 6:49 AM, purplefin said:

Thanks. I'll give it a try,😅  I actually thought it would have been like a collagen drink. It's just too elusive and difficult to find, wheneve

I did find the energy drink vial Jun gave Rara because she was taking a nap in the academy. This was written in the OST booklet :laugh:

http://lalaola.co.kr/

On 2/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, multiloverss said:

LJW had declined the drama offer with PGY. Not sure why he declined mybe he want to try another genre or he got a better offers.

On 2/10/2021 at 5:42 PM, Unnie0110 said:

LJW, I'm glad he turned down the offer from KBS, I was even suspecting from the plot of the drama that it will be a daily drama and hoped that he'll disagree to play the part. Yey for LJW! I'm glad that his agency is powerful enough for him to

The drama gods heard us on this one 🤣 i am still not ready to see LJW in another romcom being all sweet with another actress :laugh: good thing his agency is indeed powerful enough to say no to the network that gave him a very god award 😁

On 2/10/2021 at 5:42 PM, Unnie0110 said:

I am re-watching random episodes of DDSSLLS right now but I still can't re-watch the episodes 13-16 hahaha

Me too, I still cant watch ep 16 only. Just thinking about episode 16 makes me sad already 😅

On 2/10/2021 at 4:40 PM, JenL said:

saw this comment on one of their behind the scene videos...

c2djGFa.png

It was referring to Lala being Jun's first crush, but I laughed thinking about it also referring to GAR being the first leading lady (though I mean it as a joke, not as anything serious :laugh:)

I love this! Hahaha so true! No one  can ever top that 😄

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
On 2/9/2021 at 7:50 PM, JenL said:

s this the firs OST you bought? :BulbaOWO: I liked your unboxing video!

Thank you :love:

This was the very first OST i bought, and the very first Kdrama related keepsake ever 😄 

--------

@eNDe i love your works! Its so nice. I love how you put a story behind it as well 😀

3 hours ago, JenL said:

this is the bookstore that Lala talked to Jun's mum at (where the TWD ahjummas planned to attack Jun mum if sh

Wow tha bookstore looks very nice! I am amazed at @JenL, how did you find these places 😄🥰

3 hours ago, JenL said:

so it was lovely to see your links and to see GAR dolled up for an award show. She's so pretty and I loved her look at the awards...she still looks like loveable Lala to meee

She looks so simple but still looked beautiful. I did saw some fans in the comments saying she looks like she gained some weight. But who cares, she still looks amazing! I was a bit sad she dyed her hair black, kinda lost a little Lala touch there for me ☹

1 hour ago, JenL said:

ere is what it would look like with LJW and GAR had presented an award together at the KBS Awards...but even better, they didn't even have to wear mask

That looks awesome! Lets just imagine LJW beside GAR as the presenters in the dragon awards 😄

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Unnie0110 said:

@twinkler0415 hello, GAR just posted some pics on her instagram and the date is today, it seems that her hair still brown like Rara's;)

Ooohh.. maybe it's just the lighting in the awards that made it look black 😄 but in natural light its still brown but not as brown as Rara's anymore?

I wonder who is she with with this little trips of her 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
On 2/10/2021 at 8:40 AM, JenL said:

Also I think he's being very careful about his next projects since the news is that rejected the project with PGY...I'm relieved...I wasn't ready to move on from LalaJun with a pairing I wasn't keen on :smile:...

I'm glad everyone in this thread felt the same 😅. I wanted him to do what he wants and explore other roles/genres like what he said on their Swoon wishes. I am also happy that his agency is supportive of him. 

On 2/10/2021 at 8:40 AM, JenL said:

Also glad he said yes to DDSSLLS and was happy to have GAR star as his first leading lady...Hahaha, I saw this comment on one of their behind the scene videos...

c2djGFa.png

Hahaha, true, otherwise we wouldn't have seen their tremendous chemistry 😍. He will always have Rara/GAR in his heart as his first leading plus he also won a major award. This drama will always be special to him. 

The only problem if he'll do another rom or romcom drama/movie, I don't think any actress will trump the level of chemistry he has with GAR  🙊🙈😆

Hopefully he will not stick with the romcom genre for some time , unless they will be paired up again in the future😆🤣

Thank you @JenL and @eNDefor this lovely edits, it's the kbs awards show we never get see 😔, but I'm glad you guys always have the knack to make these to make us all happy ☺. 

13 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

The pictures made me miss Jun and Rara even more! I really wish they would make another project again... sooon!!!

Same. 😅

12 hours ago, JenL said:

this is the bookstore that Lala talked to Jun's mum at (where the TWD ahjummas planned to attack Jun mum if she was rude to Lala!) I will share post when ready, but here is a photo

exmDxo2.jpg

Good job @JenL in looking for the drama locations 👏. You can definetly work in the fbi or something 😂

10 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

did find the energy drink vial Jun gave Rara because she was taking a nap in the academy. This was written in the OST booklet :laugh:

Thank you for sharing 🤗. I'm still on the hunt for that other drink 🤣

10 hours ago, JenL said:

may make a few more award comparisons if I have time...

91BB28u.png

This looks legit 😍🥰

9 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

She looks so simple but still looked beautiful. I did saw some fans in the comments saying she looks like she gained some weight

I like her simplicity too 😊 . It seems she's not a fussy type of person.  I remember she did gain for her role in Reply and she seems a bit steady after that 🤔. But it might be because her dresses are a bit loose on her? She does not wear tight fitting clothes that much. No matter what, she's still pretty ( I don't think it's possible to make her ugly 😅) , talented and has a good heart. 

Before I forget, happy birthday Ara. May your heart's desires be granted. 😊🎂🥳

I love her hair here 🤩

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLIVP5-hMI1/?igshid=mx7ux68frgcw

Yeah, wish LJW will greet her on her bday 🥺 ( maybe privately). 

I am dying to know what their upcoming projects will be 🤣

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 6
11 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

i am still not ready to see LJW in another romcom being all sweet with another actress

i prefer he take another genre as i'm still in rarajun mode. :hearties:

11 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

LJW beside GAR as the presenters in the dragon awards

In future, hope we can see them together at any awards ceremony as presenter:heiboi:

5 hours ago, purplefin said:

I remember she did gain for her role in Reply and she seems a bit steady after that 🤔. But it might be because her dresses are a bit loose on her? She does not wear tight fitting clothes that much. No matter what, she's still pretty

She quite modest. I'm not really for actress that wear too much revealing clothes in awards ceremony or even in the drama.So, i like her style. She look a bit chubby but compare to skinny one, i like she look healthy and happy here.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
On 2/1/2021 at 11:10 PM, JenL said:

Also some actresses just have this aura - if I feel like they have bring this warm, genuine and convincing nature to their roles, then I'm sold. Go Ara has this kind of spark...Other actresses who I think have really done this for me in multiple projects include: Park Eun Bin, Park Bo Young, Nam Ji Hyun & Lee Joo Young. I was hoping if LJW had to get paired up with someone other than GAR, it would be someone on this list...for example, Lee Joo Young is super cool and and rarely does romance lines...her and LJW in some sort of action series would be so cool :BulbaOWO:

Ooh I like Park Eun Bin and Lee Joo Young ever since I first watched them in Ghost Detective, love their characters and how they portrayed them. Don't tell me you haven't watch this because it's considered Horror genre? haha. 

But yeah I can definitely picture LJW with LJY among these names you mentioned to have a brilliant work relationship and chemistry. She needs to have more lead roles! Recently watched her in Baseball Girl. Love it! She has a natural intensity for many emotions and I like her voice too, it has a specific tone uniquely hers. Just as what I feel about GAR's voice and even PEB. 

Like everyone here, I think GAR just made LJW's next female pairing become a huge expectation if he takes a rom-com or other genre with major romantic scenes. 

So let us all hope that he'll diversify his roles again, with minimal romance, before taking rom-com again. 

On 2/3/2021 at 8:20 PM, JenL said:

Imagine if the cast of DDSSLLS went camping together. It would be so cute. :laugh::BulbaOWO:

Very likely it'll be like a continuation of DDSSLLS, giving us an "unaired scene". haha. Would be awesome! 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, JenL said:

Also lots of DDSSLLS links in MH - finally saw Jun's dad as a judge, so not as evil as he normally is :laugh: And in episode 6, the piano piece playing at the restaurant is Jun and Lala's love song, "Pleasure of Love!" :wow: GAR also plays a lot of piano in MH...you're right, it only made sense for her to do a series showing her musical talents....DDSSLLS was perfect for her! 

Have you finished watching MH? Everyone love ep.15! hehe for that special tour. It's such a good break for viewers after so much heavy scenes. 

I'm not a fan of ice-cream but kdrama always make me want to eat one, thanks to their ice-cream scenes specifically when they sit and chill with that scenery then shout "Ahjumma! give me one more!" I think if it's just me irl, Ahjumma would come out and smack my head for being so lazy to grab my own ice-cream. 

On 2/1/2021 at 11:10 PM, JenL said:

@twinkler0415 Did you make an unboxing of the DDSSLLS OST?? I saw it pop up on my instagram and then it somehow popped up on my Youtube feed!

On 2/4/2021 at 11:06 PM, twinkler0415 said:

Hahaha! You saw it! I was kinda shy to share the video in this thread :laugh: its the first time i made a video and uploaded it on YouTube 😅

Thanks for sharing this @twinkler0415 ! The only tangible merchandise from the drama fans could get. The rest are waiting in Mokpo for any one of us to get there someday to visit and probably laugh-smile, reminded of the drama scenes. 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, JenL said:

Is anyone watching Run On?

Not yet. I will probably do so for the second pairings. I read a review that favour the second leads too. I also prefer it when the storyline has two separate pairings rather than giving the second male lead syndrome or second female lead being a wrecking ball. I know it's drama recipe but I like it when this isn't being used in some of the dramas I'm already enjoying the overall storyline. Hence when DDSSLLS writer put in that girl towards the end just made me go "NOoo...." as I watched and skipped the scenes. haha.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:22 PM, JenL said:

It was such a simple fix :letalQQ:

So true. Sometimes clear and simple is also a need in a quirky drama. Even RaRa has those qualities in her. She simply burst through that sealed door when she smell the food cooking next door. Then finally, she simply do what she must so she had the thought of proposing to Jun I'm guessing? with that scene of her holding the rings she got.

On 2/5/2021 at 11:22 PM, JenL said:
On 2/1/2021 at 8:18 AM, purplefin said:

A friend of mine suggested that because that it's too close to her personality maybe KBS weren't to keen to give her the award. But I beg to differ,  it's not supposed to matter as long as you gave life and the viewers felt the personal growth of the character.  I think that is most important.

As I mentioned above, making a supposedly annoying character likeable is hard. Good acting aside, one also has to have charisma and I think that is something that can't be acquired. 

I do think it's so silly that sometimes people think actors have to be vastly different to be good. I just feel her ability to bring heart to this character and lift her off the pages of the script were strong. I have read a few people who were not GAR fans say that this character was the best version of all her characters and they loved Lala lots. :wow:

So many good points here you both mentioned. It's the same as I feel with how GAR took Najung in Reply 1994. I've read about even some actresses loved Najung as a character to portray and there was one actress who would love to portray Najung especially because her own dialect was the same as Najung but I was like, sorry, Najung is how only GAR could do the Najung that Reply fans love. haha. Only if you're not afraid to bare it all and ruin your image, can you understand these very few actresses like GAR. Sometimes kdrama actresses need to push the envelope in terms of their image too because if many male actors can do so and get all the commendable mentions, awards, ratings or offers, why can't the women do so more now instead of just saying "yeah I can do ugly". I've seen older films or dramas that other asian and western actresses took varied roles and some require that ruin image so I guess in kdrama it takes a longer time to get more of their actresses to do so and be a better inspiration to young girls and women and...men, like LJW learned a lot from her during DDSSLLS. 

Here's a short review of DDSSLLS that I found mentioning about the co-stars' work relationship:

https://www.kpopreporter.com/articles/706/20200806/lee-jae-wook-go-ara-resembles-intriguing-dynamics-sol-la.htm

"The duo's chemistry is the drama's best thing to watch, and Go Ara expressed that her co-star, Lee Jae Wook, is always able to react quickly to any situation on the set. "I think his unique charms can shine even brighter when we work together."

Moreover, Jae Wook shared that Go Ahra is excellent to work with, and he couldn't put it all in words. He noted that she has this high energy that reflects happiness to everyone around her. "She's always encouraging as well, so I'm learning a lot."

7 hours ago, purplefin said:
13 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

She looks so simple but still looked beautiful. I did saw some fans in the comments saying she looks like she gained some weight

I like her simplicity too 😊 . It seems she's not a fussy type of person.  I remember she did gain for her role in Reply and she seems a bit steady after that 🤔. But it might be because her dresses are a bit loose on her? She does not wear tight fitting clothes that much. No matter what, she's still pretty ( I don't think it's possible to make her ugly 😅) , talented and has a good heart. 

2 hours ago, multiloverss said:

She quite modest. I'm not really for actress that wear too much revealing clothes in awards ceremony or even in the drama.So, i like her style. She look a bit chubby but compare to skinny one, i like she look healthy and happy here.

GAR was lanky in her early days but now she looks healthier and happy to me too. Lights and angle will always make you appear bigger on TV that's why some celebrities are so hard on themselves to be thinner than they needed to be. I like her the way she is back then and now. I also love that she dresses loosely and comfortably and still can change up with other fitted styles. Look great either way and most importantly, I like her because of talent and a good heart too. 

7 hours ago, purplefin said:

I am dying to know what their upcoming projects will be 🤣

Me too! :brb:

2 hours ago, multiloverss said:

i prefer he take another genre as i'm still in rarajun mode. :hearties:

Yeah we all prefer if he doesn't take rom-com next. haha. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

Hello guys! Happy New year to all of you!

Sorry had to skip the posts for a bit. My delulu mind just got the best of me. LJW did post a new one on his instagram and he's wearing Balenciaga black shirt, and last night at  GAR ig post, she was wearing a black balenciaga cap. :laugh::lenny: sorry guys, i know its just coincidence but my delulu mind is really running wild here 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
25 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

Hello guys! Happy New year to all of you!

Sorry had to skip the posts for a bit. My delulu mind just got the best of me. LJW did post a new one on his instagram and he's wearing Balenciaga black shirt, and last night at  GAR ig post, she was wearing a black balenciaga cap. :laugh::lenny: sorry guys, i know its just coincidence but my delulu mind is really running wild here 🤣

Thanks for the update on LJW!

But I see what you mean. Haha. I realised he has quite a no. of mirror & bathroom selfie like GAR. That’s another telepathy connection they can add to the quiz they did. I’m sure knowing her bday and the lunar new year are so close together, he would have enough reasons to contact her and wish new year and birthday greeting! Hehe. 

🍊 Happy Lunar New Year 🧧 to everyone celebrating! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1