La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

21 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I suggested it to my sister in law and Im waiting for her reaction (if my theory about 2nd wave watchers are true, or everyone will have the same shocked feeling towards the ending 😁

Please let us know  😅

4 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Omy 🤩. Thank God they kept it. Will be on my list when I go to S. Korea (when the pandemic is over 😅). 

The ddsslls set have really have nice aesthetics. Really such a shame that this drama went downhill because of the ending, and due to that they didn't recognise GAR and LJW's wonderful chemistry. 😔

@twinkler0415I wonder about Memorials too, though I don't have plans watching it 😅.  

24 minutes ago, multiloverss said:

such as a nice place to take picture. Whenever i see the colourful piano, it remind me to rara.Its would take some time for me to move on from this drama.:hearties:

Me too. I had watched a couple of other dramas but still go back watching ddsslls in netflix 😅

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

As I’ve watched most of Go Ara’s drama/film..reading positive feedbacks from most of you who love her work in DDSSLLS, gives me so much happiness and happy for GAR that more than the kbs award, she gained more recognition from fans of the drama. This is the real reward. I know that this is also a thread for LJW & Jun that we also love but thank you everyone for giving the credit to GAR where she deserves.

@Just_Me would get what I mean when it comes to ppl hating GAR, it’s beyond my comprehension how some could continuously go to her every new project and comment how they hate her acting, put off by her, while her drama is airing. I wish they can keep their ugly opinions to themselves. At this point, she’s already a veteran that I hope those nasty stuffs, she doesn’t get to ever read. 

She started as a child actor and not many child actors, even in Hollywood, could have a continuous good projects and long career in the industry. It’s common to have a hit and miss in between. I think she has put the hard work into getting to where she is now, not just a pretty face. Her choice of project variation shows as well as creating a character into her own and memorable for drama fans eg Ok-rim, Na-jung, Oh-reum and now RaRa. Each of these characters are so different and I haven’t seen that many young actresses (even actors in some cases) in k-entertainment industry that keeps on taking such route like her. Maybe I’m wrong but some would rather a pretty face actress just act pretty or given a pretty role. I’m glad she’s one of those actresses who challenges that. 

I think that when it comes to her positive attitude, it also partly came from starting at a young age in the industry. I recently chanced upon an old (translated) interview of GAR (on IG) from filming The Magician (2015) with co-star Yoo Seung-ho about their working relationship. She said they both could relate a lot with each other because they were both once child actors, being the youngest, who needs to show good energy on set. So in a way, I think she carried that same energy and practice since she was young till now in every filming set she’s involved. She truly deserved the queen of positivity title and it’s always nice to see her work with child actors like in DDSSLLS.  :yayaya:

Thanks everyone for still being here for RaRa & Jun or Mimi and DDSSLLS drama! :fam:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
13 hours ago, eNDe said:

As I’ve watched most of Go Ara’s drama/film..reading positive feedbacks from most of you who love her work in DDSSLLS, gives me so much happiness and happy for GAR that more than the kbs award, she gained more recognition from fans of the drama. This is the real reward. I know that this is also a thread for LJW & Jun that we also love but thank you everyone for giving the credit to GAR where she deserves

Me too.. specially in my country GAR is not that well known, and to some who do know her, they only say negative things about her acting (my sister for example).  So its nice to hear positive feedback from you guys. I am not really a fan of GAR before (but I have watched almost all of her dramas), but after DDSSLLS, i am definitely a fan! 😍 I feel like we are more protective of GAR since she always gets negative comments compared to LJW who has nothing but praises for him 😅

Update on my sister who I have bribed to watch DDSSLLS----- still on episode 2 but she has alot of complains! My goodness! What more when she reached the end?! I dont think I will change her prejudiced thoughts on GAR (sorry guys)

13 hours ago, eNDe said:

She started as a child actor and not many child actors, even in Hollywood, could have a continuous good projects and long career in the industry. It’s common to have a hit and miss in between

So true, not all child actor continues to have this continuous long and steady careers. 

13 hours ago, eNDe said:

Each of these characters are so different and I haven’t seen that many young actresses (even actors in some cases) in k-entertainment industry that keeps on taking such route like her. Maybe I’m wrong but some would rather a pretty face actress just act pretty or given a pretty role. I’m glad she’s one of those actresses who challenges that. 

True again.  I have some actressess in mind who always have the same genre of dramas. They doesnt like to take on roles that will not make her look 'pretty'.. not like GAR who doesnt mind looking 'not pretty' ( but still is)

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 1/5/2021 at 3:03 PM, Just_Me said:

I wish this pandemic is over so that I can go visit S. Korea for Lala Piano Academy! Its so nice they left it there. 

On 1/5/2021 at 4:04 PM, JenL said:

remember when I wrote my blog piece about filming locations someone said that it was a set that was going to be taken apart..

Maybe they were making little fixing of the place and the fans thought they were removing it. Lol! Or the set they were referring to was the lalaland set in KBS studios?

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, twinkler0415 said:

I am not really a fan of GAR before (but I have watched almost all of her dramas), but after DDSSLLS, i am definitely a fan! 😍 I feel like we are more protective of GAR since she always gets negative comments compared to LJW who has nothing but praises for him 😅

same with me....not hardcore fans of GAR, but i see almost of her drama. I'm just getting used to the way of GAR acting and i think rara character made for her.100% sync with her real character.

As for LJW, he always good at acting even as rookie. This is the first LJW drama that i watch, as i not too interested with his other drama partner. So, i glad GAR is his first female lead for his first lead in drama series.:love:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 1/4/2021 at 6:24 PM, twinkler0415 said:

So disappointed on KBS... I checked the ratings of Memorials, their rating is just like DDSSLLS,  but they gave awards to the leads (excellent actor, excellent actress,  best supporting actor and best couple). I want to check out the drama if its really better than DDSSLLS  or the acting of GAR or their chemistry. Maybe someone in KBS doesn't like GAR.... damn you KBS! They couldve spared atleast one best couple award for them 

On 1/4/2021 at 7:35 PM, Unnie0110 said:

The biggest downfall of DDSSLLS is not the ratings because most weekday dramas of KBS did not perform well this year but the tightly and cohesively written script/story of the other dramas. Memorials has been praised for its good script/storyline. The last few episodes really undid the efforts of our cast and crew. Sometimes or most of the time, a drama can redeem itself in its good, clear and feel good ending (I still feel cheated that we didn't have a wedding scene between the leads, Start up even has wedding pictures in the end! and even More than friends!) It can even create a whole new following after its run. Sadly, that is not the case with DDSSLLS. The ending really dampen the star power of the drama that led to the cancellation of the DVD and the accolades/awards it could have won. KBS must have suffered a great deal from the hate comments after the last few episodes

I think it awards are really a combination of these things - GAR is a famous actress, but doesn't have the idol pull the way that ex-idols (ie. Suzy) has, while LJW is a strong up and coming actor, but his character was pulled through the mud in the last few episodes. DDSSLLS didn't have super high ratings or a clear happy ending for its script (and like @Unnie0110 said, this could have been a bit problematic for KBS), so I think they that's why it was so anti-climatic with the awards as well. It's sad that the ending will always come up for this series, whether or not you've gotten over it.

One cheer up is at least they did get two individual awards...some of the weekday dramas didn't get anything or got just one (I'm thinking of things like Zombie Detective). I liked that the award speeches at least seemed to show a heartfelt love for working together on the drama and for the meaning of Eunpo :heart::hearties:

People still speculate that Jun is a ghost! or that Rara became crazy or died and was reunited with Jun

Wow, I had not heard that she died and was reunited with Jun! That's new to me. But honestly, I can also see that as a possibility. I thought she might have lost it when I first watched it and was trying to process it. Like you all, I still feel the ending could have been better in many ways and it's hard to be reminded over and over again because of the DVD and awards :letalQQ:

But lately, I think I've tried to pull myself out of that loop since there's no more post-drama things to be anxious about or to expect and started looking at the beautiful fan art that people made and that's been healing for me too. Another pretty account I found today is:

Instagram/ Twitter: Silvertrhee

This is a multi-fandom account, but she made nice edits of DDSSLLS when it was on. I like her simpler edits the most...but she picked out some scenes I'd forgotten about and even made the sad scenes look nice.

121415540-182554530015286-56703234838440

122457737-404042817617555-90952293832262

122201822-178100153863233-23876011284015

127272068-141619210648488-69791870019099

As for the Instagrammer who made those nice videos but deactivated her account, I had a go at making instagram posts like hers and I think I was able to semi imitate the style! Not are perfect as their account...but what do you guys think? :laugh:

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

she still has a lot of followers and fans that support her and the best thing about her is her positivity. LJW sure is right that she is the Queen of Positivity because despite her criticisms and antis, she is always bright and kind. I have never read nor heard that she answered negatively or treated someone poorly.

She really is very beautiful and positive as an actress inside and out and you're right LJW's 'nickname' for her is still correct because she is such a ball of sunshine. And I think I really like this about her and that's what has me interested in her project from now on. There are lots of pretty actresses in Korea...but I don't always care for all of them because of how they may be off-screen - Go Ara seems so genuine and I really like her off-camera as much as I've liked her on camera, so she has at least one new fan. Also I've noticed she has plenty of loyal international fans - a lot of who have supported her for years and are protective of her, so that's nice to know! :heart:

On 1/4/2021 at 9:29 PM, multiloverss said:

The ending still affected the whole story actually and i also scared want to suggest this story to others but i still love rarajun so much.

I still recommend it with a huge warning about the ending. I usually say it was not a popular ending and you can either stop it at episode 12 and pretend they eloped...or watch till the end, but just be aware that it is an emotional rollercoaster and even though it's technically happy, it's a bit like an open ending where there's not a lot of closure :MewHi:

I feel like people will make their own choices if they want to watch and even if they don't, at least they have more information about the ending than if they watched and got the shock and just hated it.

On 1/4/2021 at 10:38 PM, purplefin said:

LJW is such a sweet boy mentioning his Mum all the time. 🥰 I was actually waiting for him to say words to GAR  but maybe it was included in the people who he forgot to mention 😅

I think some of the awards shows turn up to be popularity shows instead 😆

Hahaha, I feel like when he said there were so many things he wanted to say and forgot, that might have been one of them :laugh:...but at least thanking the cast would have included GAR :hearties:

A wedding would have redeemed the ending, they could have done an epilogue like with the previous episodes. Anyway, t's all done now. 😔 The least we could do is pray for a miracle that they will end up with another project together 😅.  That's why I kinda prefer tvn dramas as well, compared to the network ones,  they are more open  and more creative I think. 🤣

Yep, I pray for any event or interaction or project really. It'd just be nice to see them together for some proper closure of some sort! Hahaha, I'm also semi-boycotting KBS for other channel shows at the moment (but being an international viewer, my watch probably doesn't affect them. LOL) :ChikoritaAngryBean:

remember was it the press conference, that LJW said that the first part was the fun part😅. I rewatched it lately, and it had me thinking, so that was a hint 😆, the wholr series was like a roller coaster ride 😅

Hahaha damn that was a hint. They were probably starting to film the angsty scenes as the drama was airing. Well I guess at least the majority of the show was fun. We had a good run for 12/13 episodes...and even episode 15 was kind of nice.

They could have also included the scene where Rara dodged Jun's kiss . 

That's one of my favourite scenes! I think the kiss blocker implied that something caused the block rather than a dodging/avoidance :laugh: In the height measuring scene, it's cause she accidentally headbutts him and that's the blocker.

125220934-694480111452984-28559020215809

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 1/5/2021 at 12:42 AM, twinkler0415 said:

Maybe the 2nd wave of people who will watch DDSSLLS will have better reaction to the ending? Because they dont have to go through the agony in waiting weekly, reading thru spoilers or theories , and just watch the drama as it is. No expectations whatsoever? I suggested it to my sister in law and Im waiting for her reaction (if my theory about 2nd wave watchers are true, or everyone will have the same shocked feeling towards the ending )

Hahaha, I think everyone gets the same shock no matter what wave it is....mainly because they either don't look up spoilers and will watch without awareness of the emotional rollercoaster that awaits....or they will read the spoilers but then get put off and not watch the drama at all, since they heard the ending was not desirable. I occasionally look up DDSSLLS on Twitter and will always find someone who is either heartbroken or enraged having just finished the drama...and that's when I drop a link to my blog about getting over the ending :laugh: Most people are comforted from reading it, which is nice :BulbaOWO:

On 1/5/2021 at 6:03 PM, Just_Me said:

I'm so glad you shared this :heart:...haha, it has made me look at the DDSSLLS filming locations again. There's quite a few Korean blogs about the place on Naver too :wow: I really hope to go one day! Even if I hadn't watched the drama, I would have loved this type of rainbow art town.

https://blog.naver.com/osj892/222127141406

https://m.blog.naver.com/eunpiri715/222124731018

https://blog.naver.com/gkdl79emf/222145156199

On 1/5/2021 at 10:01 PM, multiloverss said:

such as a nice place to take picture. Whenever i see the colourful piano, it remind me to rara.Its would take some time for me to move on from this drama.:hearties:

Yep, I think they set up this place for pictures. Yeah, I'm not over this drama either as you can see :laugh: I mean I've been watching other dramas...but so far nothing has hit me as hard in the romance dramas as this. 

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

15 hours ago, multiloverss said:
17 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I am not really a fan of GAR before (but I have watched almost all of her dramas), but after DDSSLLS, i am definitely a fan! 😍 I feel like we are more protective of GAR since she always gets negative comments compared to LJW who has nothing but praises for him 😅

same with me....not hardcore fans of GAR, but i see almost of her drama. I'm just getting used to the way of GAR acting and i think rara character made for her.100% sync with her real character.

As for LJW, he always good at acting even as rookie. This is the first LJW drama that i watch, as i not too interested with his other drama partner. So, i glad GAR is his first female lead for his first lead in drama series.:love:

I was not a fan of hers before as well that's why I halted some of her dramas that I watched, and managed to finish DDSSLLS first.

The pilot episode was kinda refreshinG and it had me curious about Jun's reaction so I decided to watch it.   😅  And I was curious as well with their chemistry and LJW as he is a rookie actor. 

13 hours ago, JenL said:
  On 1/4/2021 at 8:35 AM, Unnie0110 said:

People still speculate that Jun is a ghost! or that Rara became crazy or died and was reunited with Jun

Seriously? Haven't they heard Jun and Rara's monologue in the end!?  oh my goodness. :laugh:

That was pretty clear that they found each other even in the darkest of times and manage to overcome the  hardships on their way. 

13 hours ago, JenL said:

I think it awards are really a combination of these things - GAR is a famous actress, but doesn't have the idol pull the way that ex-idols (ie. Suzy)

I agree, I think it is really an advantage if you're an idol/ex idol because of  their fanbase. 

13 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I feel like when he said there were so many things he wanted to say and forgot, that might have been one of them :laugh:...but at least thanking the cast would have included GAR :hearties:

13 hours ago, JenL said:

She really is very beautiful and positive as an actress inside and out and you're right LJW's 'nickname' for her is still correct because she is such a ball of sunshine. And I think I really like this about her and that's what has me interested in her project from now on. There are lots of pretty actresses in Korea...but I don't always care for all of them because of how they may be off-screen - Go Ara seems so genuine and I really like her off-camera as much as I've liked her on camera, so she has at least one new fan. Also I've noticed she has plenty of loyal international fans - a lot of who have supported her for years and are protective of her, so that's nice to know! :heart:

Hahaha. I wished he did call GAR  or GAR congratulated him  privately :laugh:

I think she did gain more fans through this drama as she portrayed Rara really well.  I saw some of her fans in IG posted an article (from previous years) how the director of Reply was somewhat praising her as she is different from other actresses, that she is not

just a pretty face and she was persistent and dedicated to improve her craft.  

13 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha damn that was a hint. They were probably starting to film the angsty scenes as the drama was airing. Well I guess at least the majority of the show was fun. We had a good run for 12/13 episodes...and even episode 15 was kind of nice.

I actually did like episode 15 as it was  revealed that Jun was DDSSLLS and I really like their 1st meeting in the cafe and the fact that Jun fell for her right then ans there. 🥰

But I pretend that Jun went to the US, deleted all the drama in episode 16 and just went back well. :laugh:

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
18 hours ago, JenL said:

I had a go at making instagram posts like hers and I think I was able to semi imitate the style! Not are perfect as their account...but what do you guys think

Ooohh!! Nice!!! 👍👍👍

18 hours ago, JenL said:

feel like people will make their own choices if they want to watch and even if they don't, at least they have more information about the ending than if they watched and got the shock and just hated it.

So true 😁

18 hours ago, JenL said:

I'm also semi-boycotting KBS for other channel shows at the moment (but being an international viewer, my watch probably doesn't affect them. LOL) 

Me too, semi boycott KBS 🤣 but true being international fans wont affect them  😁

6 hours ago, purplefin said:

I saw some of her fans in IG posted an article (from previous years) how the director of Reply was somewhat praising her as she is different from other actresses, that she is not

just a pretty face and she was persistent and dedicated to improve her craft

I think i have watched this interview of the director of Reply and GAR in the show 'the taxi'. I dont know if my google translate is correct but the director kinda said , there was a scene wherein Najung (GAR) had to drag herself across the floor with a pillow and jajjangmeon becuase she had slipded disk, and the director saw GAR arm having alot of bruises but she never complained and the director was the one who is more concerned than her.. I really like her personality behind camera. So true about what @JenLsaid......

18 hours ago, JenL said:

There are lots of pretty actresses in Korea...but I don't always care for all of them because of how they may be off-screen - Go Ara seems so genuine and I really like her off-camera as much as I've liked her on camera

Just like with suzy, that made me dislike her becuase of one interview of her that gave me an impression that she's so full of herself Lol! No offense!

6 hours ago, purplefin said:

actually did like episode 15 as it was  revealed that Jun was DDSSLLS and I really like their 1st meeting in the cafe and the fact that Jun fell for her right then ans there. 🥰

I keep on rewatching ep 15 as well especially the first meet.... i super love that scene! And i love the Background music that goes with every moment becuase it gives it more intensity! I imagine the slow mo run of Jun (and the music) and his expression on the flashback when Rara already left the cafe.... 🥰🥰:wow:

• Like 5
22 hours ago, JenL said:

I had a go at making instagram posts like hers and I think I was able to semi imitate the style! Not are perfect as their account...but what do you guys think? :laugh:

Bravo! Nice work!

I enjoy seeing fanarts/edits as I used to make fanart magazine covers for my favourite tennis players back in my teens and some members in tennis group thought it was real and asked which magazine issue. Haha. GAR and LJW probably needs one since they’re unlikely to be featured irl anytime soon! 

Keep it up @JenL! Love it! 

10 hours ago, purplefin said:

I saw some of her fans in IG posted an article (from previous years) how the director of Reply was somewhat praising her as she is different from other actresses, that she is not

That’s what I get from her as an actress and whenever she mentioned Ye Ji-Won or even the actor who played Jun’s dad, although briefly, she mentioned of her respect/admiration of them and from that she always look at herself to improve.

4 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I think i have watched this interview of the director of Reply and GAR in the show 'the taxi'. I dont know if my google translate is correct but the director kinda said , there was a scene wherein Najung (GAR) had to drag herself across the floor with a pillow and jajjangmeon becuase she had slipded disk, and the director saw GAR arm having alot of bruises but she never complained and the director was the one who is more concerned than her..

I remember this “Taxi” episode on TVN however I can’t find the eng sub for it! I really love her good relationship with the cast & crew of the Reply series. That’s why I can’t wait for that radio interview sub! Hehe. 

4 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I keep on rewatching ep 15 as well especially the first meet.... i super love that scene

Same! I thought their “first meeting” at the wedding ep 1 would be my favourite as I’m sure I rewatched that too many times as the drama was airing...but then I love the real first meeting more! 

And yeah I don’t know if I’m gonna like LJW’s next female actress pairing as much as with GAR now. I liked him with Lee Da-hee when I first discovered his work but with GAR, just a bit more maybe because from those bts and interviews we get, she treats him like equals as actors, not much imposing she’s senior in the field and how he said he learned a lot from her to play Jun, a sweet character. 

As for GAR, she has been paired with many good male co-stars that made me checked out some of their works too like all of her Reply 1994 casts, Lee Je-Hoon and Yoo Seung-Ho. 

On 1/7/2021 at 12:23 PM, twinkler0415 said:

Update on my sister who I have bribed to watch DDSSLLS----- still on episode 2 but she has alot of complains! My goodness! What more when she reached the end?! I dont think I will change her prejudiced thoughts on GAR (sorry guys)

Hahaha...I think it’s just your sister’s preference and criteria in what works for her. 

I love this RaRa & Jun scene in ep8:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJtBJTQpPW8/?igshid=z31gpyb7uis4

wonder how hard GAR hit LJW here...

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
50 minutes ago, eNDe said:

And yeah I don’t know if I’m gonna like LJW’s next female actress pairing as much as with GAR now.

I've got that tendency as well 😆. No matter how I love the actor but if I see no chemistry with his/her partner or if their role is similar to their previous work, I won't watch. 😅  I love seeing an actor playing a variety of characters and different genres.

57 minutes ago, eNDe said:

This is one of my fave scenes too 🤩. I love Jun's expression here, especially when he said that he's ready for his lesson and that he's nervous when Rara "warned" him. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, purplefin said:

I love Jun's expression here, especially when he said that he's ready for his lesson and that he's nervous when Rara "warned" him. 🤣

you right....i like how rara act like a teacher to jun. How she swing her bag during going down the stairs:hearties:

2 hours ago, eNDe said:

And yeah I don’t know if I’m gonna like LJW’s next female actress pairing as much as with GAR now

same...i hope LJW next work is action genre as he want to try that genre. So, the loveline maybe only had a little part of the story. i can enjoy the drama without any problems.:laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 1/6/2021 at 10:19 PM, eNDe said:

As I’ve watched most of Go Ara’s drama/film..reading positive feedbacks from most of you who love her work in DDSSLLS, gives me so much happiness and happy for GAR that more than the kbs award, she gained more recognition from fans of the drama. This is the real reward. I know that this is also a thread for LJW & Jun that we also love but thank you everyone for giving the credit to GAR where she deserves.

Totally agree with this:heart:..

Like I said before, I am sad that she didn't get any awards for her acting as Rara but it make me feel better knowing that many fans of the drama voice out their disappointment about it. Esp if it was from non GA fans. It means they acknowledge her acting and love character she played (Rara).

Every time she picks new project I am worry about the role she will play. (Will she get hates again for the role she choose? I can't help but to think like this:letalQQ:)

I remember on Knowing Brother she said that she got about 2000 antis as soon as she debut because she's on MV of a boyband. (She's only teenager back then:cry:

But like @Unnie0110 said she's such a positive person and ball of sunshine, and i have to say that she has strong mentality 

Glad i found this thread and knowing that Dodosolsollalasol has many people that love the drama and the characters as well..:fam:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 1/7/2021 at 11:23 AM, twinkler0415 said:

If she manages till last episodes pleas update us haha..:laugh:

On 1/7/2021 at 1:24 PM, multiloverss said:

Haha, maybe it's better for him to choose another genre for his project. He will be good in action:duckhearts:

On 1/7/2021 at 4:12 PM, JenL said:

But lately, I think I've tried to pull myself out of that loop since there's no more post-drama things to be anxious about or to expect and started looking at the beautiful fan art that people made and that's been healing for me too. Another pretty account I found today is:

Thank you for always share this beautiful GIFs and also the webs..it's all pretty and make me miss them:heart: so once again I did rewatch last BTS on The Swoon YT channel (kinda surprise to see it has 1,5 M views now.. -didn't mean it to compare it cause I read some posts about Suzy- haha but it surprised me too that Start Up last BTS has less views to think that the drama is more popular)

• Like 6
On 1/7/2021 at 4:12 PM, JenL said:

As for the Instagrammer who made those nice videos but deactivated her account, I had a go at making instagram posts like hers and I think I was able to semi imitate the style! Not are perfect as their account...but what do you guys think? :laugh:

Yaaaayy...nice works:love: love it..:hearties:

19 hours ago, purplefin said:

I saw some of her fans in IG posted an article (from previous years) how the director of Reply was somewhat praising her as she is different from other actresses, that she is not

13 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

think i have watched this interview of the  director of Reply and GAR in the show 'the taxi'. I dont know if my google translate is correct but the director kinda said , there was a scene wherein Najung (GAR) had to drag herself across the floor with a pillow and jajjangmeon becuase she had slipded disk, and the director saw GAR arm having alot of bruises but she never complained

7 hours ago, eNDe said:

remember this “Taxi” episode on TVN however I can’t find the eng sub for it! I really love her good relationship with the cast & crew of the Reply series. That’s why I can’t wait for that radio interview sub! Hehe. 

I think Reply 1994 has special meaning for her, I remember read on articles about how she feels so grateful to the Reply series PD for cast her because at that times she feel stuck with her acting career

7 hours ago, purplefin said:

I've got that tendency as well 😆. No matter how I love the actor but if I see no chemistry with his/her partner or if their role is similar to their previous work, I won't watch. 😅  I love seeing an actor playing a variety of characters and different genres.

Haha same with me.. that's why I end up watch drama with so many genres but actually rom com is my last choice :laugh:. Usually I watch their promotion videos or their appearance on VS first. 

8 hours ago, eNDe said:

I wonder why he choose a husband than boyfriend with his lie haha..since the drama always do what they said they'd do, so I kinda hope that we'll get wedding so he will be her real husband  :laugh:i will just imagine that they get married after Jun epic comeback:eeeee:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 1/5/2021 at 10:25 PM, purplefin said:

Omy 🤩. Thank God they kept it. Will be on my list when I go to S. Korea (when the pandemic is over 😅). 

The ddsslls set have really have nice aesthetics. 

On 1/7/2021 at 3:41 PM, twinkler0415 said:

I wish this pandemic is over so that I can go visit S. Korea for Lala Piano Academy! Its so nice they left it there. 

Maybe they were making little fixing of the place and the fans thought they were removing it. Lol! Or the set they were referring to was the lalaland set in KBS studios?

On 1/5/2021 at 10:32 PM, Just_Me said:

I found this on YT. Looks like the account owner visit the Lala Land after it filming finished

( @JenL or anyone here, if any of you guys have a chance to visit this place someday..please share the excitement with us here haha)

It's so beautifullll :wow::heart: And this is one of the happiest news about DDSSLLS that I heard since the drama ended, so it makes me very happy. We probably won't be able to travel for awhile but the thought that the place still exists makes me feel like there's still something to look forward to at least. And since we haven't gotten any new content because the drama ended, seeing the building revamped felt a bit like some new behind the scenes footage!

@Just_Me I think I saw that video before on Youtube too! :hearties: 

Here's another video of fans visiting that popped up for me:

Also a person posted some photos they took around the set buildings literally just 2 days ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJvMUsnD_5C . You can see the signage there...so it looks like it's still in Mokpo for sure! Haha, I'll definitely let you know when I visit...I will photograph every single angle of the building....but looks like it could be a few years before that happens...hope you all will not have forgotten the drama by then! :laugh:

On 1/7/2021 at 2:19 AM, eNDe said:

@Just_Me would get what I mean when it comes to ppl hating GAR, it’s beyond my comprehension how some could continuously go to her every new project and comment how they hate her acting, put off by her, while her drama is airing. I wish they can keep their ugly opinions to themselves. At this point, she’s already a veteran that I hope those nasty stuffs, she doesn’t get to ever read. 

On 1/7/2021 at 3:23 PM, twinkler0415 said:

Me too.. specially in my country GAR is not that well known, and to some who do know her, they only say negative things about her acting (my sister for example).  So its nice to hear positive feedback from you guys. I am not really a fan of GAR before (but I have watched almost all of her dramas), but after DDSSLLS, i am definitely a fan! 😍 I feel like we are more protective of GAR since she always gets negative comments compared to LJW who has nothing but praises for him

Hahaha, no worries! I am charmed by her and how she made the character of Lala so loveable. And I feel like she'll always be on my watch list from now on, just as Lee Jaewook is. Also this is beautifully put - it's more the love of the fans that hopefully get them by than just a trophy. At least it's positive public opinion that propels them to continue being actors and taking on new roles and projects. :hearties:

I guess everyone has actors that they perhaps don't care for or particularly like, but I feel it's a waste of time to hate on someone. I think GAR is wise enough not to read those things...and having reached her 30's, she's probably more zen than when she was younger. :heart:

Yep, while I'm definitely a LJW fan through and through, I do feel it's unfair that GAR seemed to slip through the cracks to the station and some fans. I wonder if LJW was surprised that GAR was not at the awards since he said that he learnt a lot from her and it seemed that almost every lead couple was there. :letalQQ:

On 1/7/2021 at 5:24 PM, multiloverss said:

As for LJW, he always good at acting even as rookie. This is the first LJW drama that i watch, as i not too interested with his other drama partner. So, i glad GAR is his first female lead for his first lead in drama series.

Yes, LJW is a good actor and I think he very versatile and able to take on very different roles seeing as he's played very bad characters and then a super sweet character like Jun. Although I do think he's pretty now, when I first saw him I didn't think he was that good looking. But then I saw his ability to act and was so impressed. That added with his charisma and I'm as gone as Lala is about Jun :wow::laugh: Like GAR, he's also always looking to improve his acting. He was at an Extraordinary You symposium talk a few months ago and re-watching his own acting on screen, he was talking about how he wished he had done some things differently - so it's interesting how he could judge his own acting. Also the director of the drama said at the talk that LJW actually brought more to his character then the Director himself had originally planned...he said he had a good understanding of the character's emotional development...which sounds like good acting for sure! I think he also through more to Jun in DDSSLLS than the script probably had in store for him...and if the ending had been written a bit better....ah, well, LJW did super well anyway! :BulbaOWO:

On 1/8/2021 at 8:10 AM, purplefin said:

Seriously? Haven't they heard Jun and Rara's monologue in the end!?  oh my goodness. 

That was pretty clear that they found each other even in the darkest of times and manage to overcome the  hardships on their way. 

Hahaha I have to say I can see why it was ambiguous to people...I mean there's a big logic gap which is why fans are trying to fill it  :thinking: It just seemed so out of character for Jun since he spent every moment trying to be with her and 5 years is a fairly long separation, but they never explain what happened in that time. 

So I think people either treat it like a fairytale / greek play with a non-logical, but happy ending....or they sought a more rational explanation about what happened in the 5 years: 

-There are positive rationalisations: For example, Jun has a long explanation for everyone in Eunpo (since he has to live there and I'm pretty sure Ha Young would kill him if he didn't)...but we, as the viewers, are not given that explanation. :hearties:

-But also negative rationalisations: Lala missed him so much she imagined him coming back to her :psweatduck:

Some people did prefer the tragic ending as more meaningful rather than 10 min reunion....I guess people should end it as they like (or how they see fit) if it helps to wash the bitter taste away for them :idk: I personally prefer the positive rationalisations!

I think she did gain more fans through this drama as she portrayed Rara really well.  I saw some of her fans in IG posted an article (from previous years) how the director of Reply was somewhat praising her as she is different from other actresses, that she is not just a pretty face and she was persistent and dedicated to improve her craft.  

Yep, I think her Instagram jumped heaps and she got past 1m fans from this drama so I do think a lot of people found her charming and likeable as Lala and maybe got to see her good nature a lot more. I think she does work hard in her roles - she seems really dedicated to promoting her projects too. :heart:

I actually did like episode 15 as it was  revealed that Jun was DDSSLLS and I really like their 1st meeting in the cafe and the fact that Jun fell for her right then ans there.

But I pretend that Jun went to the US, deleted all the drama in episode 16 and just went back well. 

There were many scenes I loved in episode 15. The first meeting was adorable. That look they had for each other was cute. If they wanted to go down the route they did in this story, I will never understand why they didn't push all this explanation towards the end though so that Jun continued being DDSSLLS while they were separated and he was sick (the idea being it would be less pressure to look after her through that secret identity) and then the story about their first meeting would have been a sweet way to bring about a circular explanation and happy ending if they didn't want to do a third wedding. :idk: 

Haha, yes, I like to edit the story the story in my mind too. It's like they had all the nice scenes in the wrong order. :laugh:

23 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Just like with suzy, that made me dislike her becuase of one interview of her that gave me an impression that she's so full of herself Lol! No offense!

Haha, oh dear, I didn't mean to have everyone think ill of this actress....I'm not her fan, but don't have any poor feelings towards her. I guess my point was that she just had a privilege because of her idol background. I just find GAR to be warmer and more genuine in her instagrams and behind the scenes :MewHi:

23 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I keep on rewatching ep 15 as well especially the first meet.... i super love that scene! And i love the Background music that goes with every moment becuase it gives it more intensity! I imagine the slow mo run of Jun (and the music) and his expression on the flashback when Rara already left the cafe....

I think I love their expressions in the scene and how they had that chemistry though Lala probably wasn't aware of it...and I love the fact that Go Ara took so many selfies with him here in real life. The cafe was also pretty - it's on my places to visit list if I ever get to go to Korea again! :wow: And I think the music for this show was always perfect. I just really liked a lot of the background music and the piano pieces were so dreamy. When I want to be calm and concentrate, I always put on the welcome song that Lala plays Jun (Twenty Fingers) on a loop...I can listen to it for awhile without feeling bored. :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

19 hours ago, eNDe said:

wonder how hard GAR hit LJW here..

Lol!!! A BTS of the hit would have been amazing 😆 

16 hours ago, multiloverss said:

...i hope LJW next work is action genre as he want to try that genre. So, the loveline maybe only had a little part of the story. i can enjoy the drama without any problem

Same!! Hahaha!!! An action with super little love storyline so that the queen of positivity will not be overthrown that fast in LJW's eyes😄

11 hours ago, Just_Me said:

If she manages till last episodes pleas update us haha..

Lol!!! I will 🤣

11 hours ago, Just_Me said:

didn't mean it to compare it cause I read some posts about Suzy- haha but it surprised me too that Start Up last BTS has less views to think that the drama is more popular)

There are also alot of haters with the ending of Start up! Haha especially the fans and new fans of Kim Seon Ho 😄 i think almost everyone had 2nd lead sydnrome

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I'll definitely let you know when I visit...I will photograph every single angle of the building....but looks like it could be a few years before that happens...hope you all will not have forgotten the drama by then! 

This will forever be in my bucket list! Even if we have all moved on and no longer active in this thread, even if it takes a few years from now, I hope one of us who would be lucky enough to travel there could still share the wonderful experience 😄

2 hours ago, JenL said:

. I think she does work hard in her roles - she seems really dedicated to promoting her projects too

So true. In every interview or BTS of DDSSLLS,  she never fails to mention "stay tuned DDSSLLS.... kbs✌ tv" , that even LJW and Kim JooHun finds it very funny at times especially when she just say it out of nowhere. 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

, I will never understand why they didn't push all this explanation towards the end though so that Jun continued being DDSSLLS while they were separated and he was sick (the idea being it would be less pressure to look after her through that secret identity) and then the story about their first meeting would have been a sweet way to bring about a circular explanation and happy ending if they didn't want to do a third wedding

True.... they should have revealed DDSSLLS  on ep 16 so the 5 year stretch would be a bit bearable. But then, what if Jun was really dying, guess he cannot keep up with answering Rara in social media 😅 

2 hours ago, JenL said:

yes, I like to edit the story the story in my mind too. It's like they had all the nice scenes in the wrong order. :laugh:

What if the story flow was what we thought then the people in editing was the one who messed it up :laugh: the scenes were indeed in the wrong order 😄

2 hours ago, JenL said:

oh dear, I didn't mean to have everyone think ill of this actress....I'm not her fan, but don't have any poor feelings towards her. I guess my point was that she just had a privilege because of her idol background. I just find GAR to be warmer and more genuine in her instagrams and behind the scenes 

Oh no no no , its not about what you said 😄 i've had my impression of suzy since a long long time ago 😉

2 hours ago, JenL said:

I just really liked a lot of the background music and the piano pieces were so dreamy. When I want to be calm and concentrate, I always put on the welcome song that Lala plays Jun (Twenty Fingers) on a loop...I can listen to it for awhile without feeling bored. 

Too bad not all of the BGM and piano piece is in the soundtrack CD :nervous: i also love twenty fingers, its so beautiful and relaxing. I made sure to learn that piano piece and the duet part. I even told my other sister (the one who is not into kdrama) to learn Jun's part then we did a duet. The melody is so lovely :love:

• Like 6
On 1/8/2021 at 3:52 PM, Just_Me said:

remember on Knowing Brother she said that she got about 2000 antis as soon as she debut because she's on MV of a boyband. (She's only teenager back then:cry:

I think I know this band, is it dbsk/tvxq? *sorryofftopic*

16 hours ago, JenL said:

I wonder if LJW was surprised that GAR was not at the awards since he said that he learnt a lot from her and it seemed that almost every lead couple was there. 

I wonder that too. 🤔 

On 1/8/2021 at 4:35 PM, Just_Me said:

I think Reply 1994 has special meaning for her, I remember read on articles about how she feels so grateful to the Reply series PD for cast her because at that times she feel stuck with her acting career

I think she was kinda on hiatus before reply 1994 and she needed a transformation. She is one hardworking actress , she needs to take credit for herself too. 😊

16 hours ago, JenL said:

It just seemed so out of character for Jun since he spent every moment trying to be with her and 5 years is a fairly long separation, but they never explain what happened in that time. 

I called jun's changing as character assassination before but it seems mean 😅.  I think everyone deserves an explanation not just Rara. That's how affected the viewers were. 

On 1/8/2021 at 11:15 AM, multiloverss said:

hope LJW next work is action genre as he want to try that genre. So, the loveline maybe only had a little part of the story. i can enjoy the drama without any problems.:laugh:

Hahaha. True, thriller/action suits him..He did mention that he wanted to try that genre.  I want to see him in a period drama too or villain roles.  😆 He can pull various roles to be honest. 

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Also this is beautifully put - it's more the love of the fans that hopefully get them by than just a trophy. At least it's positive public opinion that propels them to continue being actors and taking on new roles and projects.

💙💙💙

-----------

I agree @JenL, LJW is not the most drop dead gorgeous guy at first look but his talent and his charms certainly gets in the way. The longer you are charmed by him, the more handsome he gets 😉.

16 hours ago, JenL said:

she seems really dedicated to promoting her projects too. :heart:

Yes, she promoted DDSSLLS much 😅. That's why I was curious why LJW didn't promote as much considering it's his first major role. Maybe he left it all for Rara to take care of 😂.

16 hours ago, JenL said:

It's like they had all the nice scenes in the wrong order. :laugh:

Exactly my thoughts 😅😆

Lol!!! A BTS of the hit would have been amazing 😆 

Hahaha. True. I bet LJW laughed a lot. Btw, has anyone seen the video during their press conference where GAR mentions that LJW laughed a lot behind the scenes? I can't seem to find the clip on IG. I was wondering  how GAR called him. 😅 I never seem to hear her mention his name.

An action with super little love storyline so that the queen of positivity will not be overthrown that fast in LJW's eyes😄

I think GAR will always have a special place on him as she was his first leading lady. ☺

Too bad not all of the BGM and piano piece is in the soundtrack CD :nervous:

I was looking forward to the classical pieces as well in the OST, but sadly it's not included. 😔

--------

A lot of places to be added in South korea bucket list 😆. I do hope one of us can go and share the experience here in the distant future. If not for covid, I would have been there in a heartbeat 😅

6 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

This is soo cute! :wow::CharmanderYay::love:

Omg 🤩😍

Super cuuute. 

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
41 minutes ago, purplefin said:

LJW is not the most drop dead gorgeous guy at first look but his talent and his charms certainly gets in the way. The longer you are charmed

agree....he not too handsome at the first glance but he keep making us want to see him more. :love:

LJW had a vibe that we cannot resisted and he also good actor. I looking forward for his next work.

44 minutes ago, Unnie0110 said:

this is soo cute

• Like 6

Just dropping some pretty giant panel edits by someone who had a gif blog and goes by the name Dalh0ng :wow::heart::hearties:

I love these types of edits...they're so beautiful and I'm glad there's such talented fans to immortalise these really lovely moments in the drama.

kpB7ShQ.gif

vxfEnl7.gif

MhuuQP9.gif

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

On 1/8/2021 at 7:24 PM, eNDe said:

Bravo! Nice work!

I enjoy seeing fanarts/edits as I used to make fanart magazine covers for my favourite tennis players back in my teens and some members in tennis group thought it was real and asked which magazine issue. Haha. GAR and LJW probably needs one since they’re unlikely to be featured irl anytime soon! 

Keep it up @JenL! Love it! 

Hahaha, Thank you! Aw, that sounds cute with your tennis magazines! You must be good at editing since your tennis friends thought they were real magazines! That's another thing - I always wished GAR and LJW got a photo shoot or something. I know that drama couples don't always get them, but then a lot of them do as well...They would have been so pretty together since they always look good modelling individually. I'm a bit jealous that other drama couples like the pair from Run On have been asked to do a shoot and the other musical couple for Do You Like Brahms? had a shoot before the drama aired. KBS had them on the cover of their own publication (I think that's what it is?)...but it's not like they did a photo shoot, just edited existing picture and even if they did, it probably wouldn't have been as good as a professional magazine like W or Marie Claire. I wonder who organises magazine photo shoots - if the magazines themselves ask the stars or if the stations ask the magazines to cover a particular couple? :thinking:

C4jcV0r.jpg

uM8ZxnA.jpg

Since I'm not sure if that Do.do.sol.sol.la.la.sol_ Instagram is ever coming back, I have decided to re-create- some of the videos that I remember she made and thought were cute (haha, I may be plagiarising her ideas). I liked this video she made where she zoomed in on their final group shoot because she noticed that while GAR holds onto both KJH and LJW...she let's go on KJH when cheering, but still continues hanging onto LJW! Coz I'm fussy with fan edits and love super clear looking images, I remember wondering why it was so blurred...but having re-made the video myself I can see it was hard to get it any clearer since there's no other footage and this was gotten through zooming in on pre-existing footage. Ah well, at least you can tell it's them!

Sx7odYs.gif

I really love her good relationship with the cast & crew of the Reply series. That’s why I can’t wait for that radio interview sub! Hehe. 

I can't wait to hear the radio interview subs too ...I need a cheer up... Gotta squeeze every bit of the BTS/ additional content for this series out since we were deprived of additional goodies. I found a picture which talked about what would have been in the DVD and the thought does make me sad since it looks like it would have included Director's commentary/cut, actors' commentary, Deleted scenes, NG scenes, unreleased making and unreleased additional videos :letalQQ::letalQQ::letalQQ: I don't care so much about deleted scenes since they are often deleted for a reason (unless there was an explanation for the ending!)...But would have killed for the NG's and unreleased makings! :wow:

Sorry if this makes you sad too. I just had to vent out my heartache...Also just felt super frustrated that somewhere in the world is additional footage of these two that we all would have happily paid for, but now it's just sitting in storage or worse, deleted! (I hope not though!!)

BUT I'm glad we did get the funds to translate the radio interview since that's 30 minutes of footage we were always watching but not understanding. At least now it'll be clear to us and it's quite cute watching them joke around:heart:

XBGV7rq.jpg

Same! I thought their “first meeting” at the wedding ep 1 would be my favourite as I’m sure I rewatched that too many times as the drama was airing...but then I love the real first meeting more! 

All their first meetings were dreamy! :wow:

rEa5Z1Z.gif

And yeah I don’t know if I’m gonna like LJW’s next female actress pairing as much as with GAR now. I liked him with Lee Da-hee when I first discovered his work 

On 1/8/2021 at 8:26 PM, purplefin said:

Hahaha, I go through this too. For some actor/ actresses, sadly it's the end because I can't look them with another pairing coz I don't feel that same chemistry...but sometimes it becomes ok or they get paired with someone I love and I do accept the new pairing. (Regardless, GAR and LJW will always be special to me :hearties:). It's weird because that's even how I still am with their old projects (if I haven't seen it yet.) Of all LJW's pairings, I feel the most weird about seeing him with Lee Da Hee because I don't know if I love her as a celebrity but I heard a lot of people liked their pairing. Haha, I can deal with Extraordinary You since I watched it before DDSSLLS and I know LJW is the villain and doesn't get the girl even though the chemistry was still very good...but I also like Hye Yoon a lot. Haven't heard a lot about When the Weather is fine, but it looks cute and I'm more likely to watch that at the moment....I think when I'm in a full drought of new GAR and LJW news, I'll probably pick up both When the weather is fine and Miss Hammurabi since I was interested when I saw those dramas, but didn't watch them at the time.

I liked him with GAR, just a bit more maybe because from those bts and interviews we get, she treats him like equals as actors, not much imposing she’s senior in the field and how he said he learned a lot from her to play Jun, a sweet character. 

This is what I really loved about them both. There was such a respect for each other as actors, but it was playful and they could really bounce off each other's chemistry and energy as well. And the teasing was fun! Sometimes when they're too respectful but there's no teasing, it seems more polite...but these two seemed to get on well because they could laugh together. :BulbaOWO::hearties:

On 1/8/2021 at 10:15 PM, multiloverss said:

same...i hope LJW next work is action genre as he want to try that genre. So, the loveline maybe only had a little part of the story. i can enjoy the drama without any problems.

Hahaha, yes, I would not mind an action/ comedy drama or film with only a tiny romance or bromance. I think of something like Midnight Runners and I'd love to see that happen with LJW.

On 1/8/2021 at 8:26 PM, purplefin said:

This is one of my fave scenes too 🤩. I love Jun's expression here, especially when he said that he's ready for his lesson and that he's nervous when Rara "warned" him. 🤣

On 1/8/2021 at 10:15 PM, multiloverss said:

you right....i like how rara act like a teacher to jun. How she swing her bag during going down the stairs

Hahaha hope it was a real whack! :laugh: It was a very cute scene though - that on going thing where he wanted to be known as her husband...

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

18 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

This is soo cute! :wow::CharmanderYay::love:

EVERY SINGLE JUN IS SOO CUTE!! Look at the dirt detail it has on Jun with bouquet! hehehe...wish the artist would make RaRa & Jun set too! 

18 hours ago, purplefin said:

Btw, has anyone seen the video during their press conference where GAR mentions that LJW laughed a lot behind the scenes? I can't seem to find the clip on IG.

I think I found it! https://www.instagram.com/p/CHWaCGDJCqv/?igshid=1y0ifj49ch4lh

This account has a good compilation of their interviews too. :hearties:

I remember watching certain scenes thinking, is this LJW, not Jun, laughing? Haha...but I liked that I could see more of LJW's wide laugh throughout the bts and sometimes on-screen too even though he said his mum disapproved it. It shows him being more of himself and enjoying the process of filming too. 

One of the scenes I remember I felt like it was LJW having a laugh was when RaRa hugged him tight saying Jun is her man. (ep 15) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

If only Dr Cha came in...much later...

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3