La La Jun (Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook)

*Slightly off topic*

I've heard LJW will also attend the MBC awards tomorrow together with his extraordinary you co stars.

I think that's why he did not specify which awards show he will go 😅

18 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

The last DDSSLLS bts in the Swoon has reached 1M views after only 3 days!

👏👏👏  I hope they did get nice comments too. 😊

• Like 6
On 12/28/2020 at 5:29 PM, JenL said:

According to Instagram, LJW is confirmed to attend the KBS drama awards :CharmanderYay: 

On 12/28/2020 at 9:00 PM, multiloverss said:

so LJW confrimed to attend KBS drama award.As he confrimed to attend, he definitely would got rookie award for this year.

I saw alot of post in Instagram that LJW will attend the MBC drama awards.... what if this is the one he's going to attend, not the KBS? 😔

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
33 minutes ago, multiloverss said:

i shocked to see the view reach 1M after 3 days....its show that DDSSLLS is well receive by the fans. :duckhearts:

I think most of them loved it from what I've read. 😅 

5 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

Not all comments are nice, but there's more nice comments saying they miss the drama and RaraJun. :eeeee:

That's good. No one can deny their chemistry.  😂

---------

Recently finished Reply 1994, and I can say despite the numerous kissing scenes GAR had there, she still have the best chem with LJW..😅🥰

6 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

I saw alot of post in Instagram that LJW will attend the MBC drama awards.... what if this is the one he's going to attend, not the KBS? 😔

I got a feeling, he will attend both. 😅

Though still no word from GAR. 😔

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
4 hours ago, purplefin said:

I've heard LJW will also attend the MBC awards tomorrow together with his extraordinary you co stars.

I think that's why he did not specify which awards show he will go 😅

5 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

He's going to the MBC awards because he has to present. But his Korean fans seem positive that he's going to both? :thinking:

I'm guessing he would be likely to attend the KBS one as well since they gave him his first lead role...and it'd be a snub to attend one and not the other seeing as they're held on different nights, so it's not like he has to choose between them? Also when he made the post, I think most people were assuming he meant KBS. The MBC announcement only came recently. 

38 minutes ago, multiloverss said:

i shocked to see the view reach 1M after 3 days....its show that DDSSLLS is well receive by the fans. 

11 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

Not all comments are nice, but there's more nice comments saying they miss the drama and RaraJun. 

16 minutes ago, purplefin said:

I think most of them loved it from what I've read.  

There were a lot of people talking about missing Lala and Jun. I think it's fair enough that people are still upset about the ending....even though I'm over it, I understand the hurt sentiment. But I definitely think it's more important for people to acknowledge just how lovely the main couple were and the good chemistry of Go Ara and Lee Jaewook :wow:

21 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

I just love this instagram account. They always make such pretty and clean videos of our OTP :BulbaOWO::hearties:

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

18 minutes ago, JenL said:

I'm guessing he would be likely to attend the KBS one as well since they gave him his first lead role...and it'd be a snub to attend one and not the other seeing as they're held on different nights, so it's not like he has to choose between them? Also when he made the post, I think most people were assuming he meant KBS. The MBC announcement only came recently. 

i think he would be attending both....as the event take places on different day,i positive he would attend KBS drama awards.:duckhearts:

21 minutes ago, JenL said:

But I definitely think it's more important for people to acknowledge just how lovely the main couple were and the good chemistry of Go Ara and Lee Jaewook

its still made me happy because they chemistry too good to be missed by everyone

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Sigh, looks like the winners will only be at the awards. On the one hand, it seems like less chance of seeing LJW and GAR together...on the other hand, does that means winners were notified beforehand because they have to turn up?

x4vPdil.png

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2

28 minutes ago, JenL said:

Sigh, looks like the winners will only be at the awards. On the one hand, it seems like less chance of seeing LJW and GAR together...on the other hand, does that means winners were notified beforehand because they have to turn up?

x4vPdil.png

Maybe, that will be the case. Sigh. 

Only the winners will be in each room? 

And the nominees will be the one having seats? 🤔 It's sensible not to attend then, if you won't win. 😔

Let us all hope there will be a twist, like in the last episode, and somehow both can attend and win... 😂

1 hour ago, JenL said:

You can wtch the KBS Drama awards Livestream here :) It's just a waiting page at the moment, but you can set a reminder.

Thanks, I'm contemplating watching the livestream because I might jinx it. 🤣😂😅

Edited by purplefin
  • Haha 4
19 minutes ago, JenL said:

this happen due to increase for covid cases in SK. i think all the winner would be notified first about their winning. i really hope GAR and LJW win some awards and can attend KBS Drama award together.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, purplefin said:

Thanks, I'm contemplating watching the livestream because I might jinx it. 🤣😂😅

Hahaha...I'm probably gonna rewatch DDSSLLS so that I can keep my mind off the awards. I don't wish to feel like I'm waiting for another ep 16 twist with GAR appearing (as we now know LJW is attending) to know that they do get a "happy ending" with a win. (since only winners are attending) :heiboi:

BUT, I know we shall come back here and cheer for the year end, celebrate DDSSLLS all over again despite what will be the awards outcome!  :fam:  (At least for sure we can anticipate some updates on LJW side from it)  

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
9 minutes ago, eNDe said:

Hahaha...I'm probably gonna rewatch DDSSLLS so that I can keep my mind off the awards.

I'm such a sucker for award shows that I'll watch regardless of the result as long as one of them turns up! :idk:

*Slightly off topic* But if anyone on this thread is interested in the MBC Awards tonight, me and @mademoiselle are spazzing over LJW on the K-Ent Grapevine thread: 

12 minutes ago, eNDe said:

BUT, I know we shall come back here and cheer for the year end, celebrate DDSSLLS all over again despite what will be the awards outcome!  :fam:  (At least for sure we can anticipate some updates on LJW side from it)  

You are so right!  Even if it doesn't give the outcome we want, I wanted to say we're tracking pretty well with our little fundraiser (Thanks everyone!), so at least we will still celebrate DDSSLLS with that translation and think about all their chemistry during the year which helped us survive 2020. And hopefully they would encounter each other in the future or send each other food trucks or something :heart:

• Like 3
  • Party! 3

On 12/26/2020 at 11:09 AM, JenL said:

Yes, it was lovely to see 2 Christmas posts from her! 

Every year, from what I've noticed, she doesn't miss in updating a Christmas post and New Year's - although they probably be a day late. haha. It's the same for awards show she attends. I'm not sure if it's something she makes a point for year end but her posts are usually of travelling somewhere/overseas.

On 12/28/2020 at 5:29 PM, JenL said:

LJW tends to go to Award shows alot since he keeps picking up Rookie awards and it must still be fresh and exciting, like a perk of the job, as a young star. LJW also looks like he has fun whenever he runs into cast and crew members from his past dramas.

He's got great potential to paint his own picture. Can't wait to see him in a very different role/genre next! Cuz that's what I like about GAR, always changing genre for the next one which I'm hoping for LJW's career. But really it's up to him of course haha. So if you're a fan, it's more exciting than if the actor/actress is being typecast.  

On 12/28/2020 at 12:55 PM, JenL said:

A just LJW and GAR cut of the Swoon videos :)

I like their answers! :brb: From LJW, it shows he is very clear to what he wants to achieve and optimistic despite the challenging 2020 and from GAR, it shows the reflective side of her, slowing down to read through her thoughts and feelings in 2020. Both answers are such good examples to remind myself too. 

• Like 6

Preparing y'all for potentially depressing news that might mirror DDSSLLS...:letalQQ:

Just finished watching the MBC drama awards and they also had a Best Couple Award which fans voted on...and you couldn't even tell who won it because they didn't get them to go up on stage (It turned out to be Find Me in Your Memory.) Like it was just mentioned in passing with like a nod to the actors.... :lettalKWA:

I hope KBS does not do this. But one reason they might have done this (aside from Covid) is because the actor turned up but not the actress (Moon Ga Young is currently shooting True Beauty). Soooo...this could be our drama tomorrow too if GAR doesn't turn up....if that's the case, could they release like a never before seen BTS video?? :lenny:  

Sigh. MBC did make a cute graphic which fans are sharing on Twitter though. Maybe they'll make some cute LJW and GAR thing for us.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, eNDe said:

It's the same for awards show she attends. I'm not sure if it's something she makes a point for year end but her posts are usually of travelling somewhere/overseas.

Maybe because she can't travel this year, she'll attend instead? 😅 it's LJW 1st main lead as well. I'd rather she's there to support. 😂 -- wishful thinking 🤣

-------

Regardless of the result, will still support them in their future endeavors.

------

1 hour ago, JenL said:

hope KBS does not do this. But one reason they might have done this (aside from Covid) is because the actor turned up but not the actress (Moon Ga Young is currently shooting True Beauty). Soooo...this could be our drama tomorrow too if GAR doesn't turn up....if that's the case, could they release like a never before seen BTS video?? :lenny:  

Oh dear... hopefully kbs will handle it better. Like both actor and actress will be in the room waiting for the couple awards 😂🤣😆, IF GAR will come. 

Anyway, We will all find out tomorrow. 😉😊.

4 hours ago, JenL said:

wanted to say we're tracking pretty well with our little fundraiser (Thanks everyone!), so at least we will still celebrate DDSSLLS with that translation and think about all their chemistry during the year which helped us survive 2020.

This. 💙

• Like 5
9 hours ago, JenL said:

Just finished watching the MBC drama awards and they also had a Best Couple Award which fans voted on...and you couldn't even tell who won it because they didn't get them to go up on stage (It turned out to be Find Me in Your Memory.) Like it was just mentioned in passing with like a nod to the actors...

So the winner didn't even get to stage to give speech and receive awards? But Kim Dong Wook attended it right? 

I hope KBS learned some lessons how to handle it better since many awards show held already..:pandaangel:

8 hours ago, purplefin said:

Maybe because she can't travel this year, she'll attend instead? 😅 it's LJW 1st main lead as well. I'd rather she's there to support. 😂 -- wishful thinking 🤣

:pandapray::pandaangel:..yess please..

• Like 3
9 hours ago, JenL said:

The actor turned up but not the actress (Moon Ga Young is currently shooting True Beauty)

Sorry if off-topic, but just had to finish this thought....

Actually, I have to say this doesn't make sense because Moon Ga Young's True Beauty male co-star, Cha Eunwoo went to the awards and I'm sure he's just as busy?? But I guess as a past winner, he had to present....whereas maybe she didn't know she'd get an award or maybe she doesn't like award shows like Go Ara...I mean it's a lot of work for actresses, more than just chucking on a suit :idk:

Also, it turns out that MBC decided to announce the Best couple award online and to pay for a Bus stop poster advert for their Best Couple poster (They gave the location to fans in case they wanted to take a photo with it). Hmmm, not sure if I'd want that for DDSSLLS...in one way, I guess that's better than nothing.

Really, I'd prefer if KBS just showed BTS clips/ or prerecorded message for us and made a video to show that Best Chemistry :nya: (if they're not going to be there live accepting the award) 

8 hours ago, purplefin said:

-------

Regardless of the result, will still support them in their future endeavors.

------

It would be nice if she did show up because there's no travel and she's supportive....but I understand the covid situation is pretty stressful at the moment, so could see that being a big deterrent especially if she already doesn't like doing it much...:letalQQ:

Still I agree, regardless of what happens, will still support them in future projects :BulbaOWO:

9 hours ago, purplefin said:

Oh dear... hopefully kbs will handle it better. Like both actor and actress will be in the room waiting for the couple awards , IF GAR will come. 

Anyway, We will all find out tomorrow. 

Haha, ohh that would be nice :wow: Then GAR would take her 20 selfies with LJW if she came :laugh:

1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

So the winner didn't even get to stage to give speech and receive awards? But Kim Dong Wook attended it right? 

Nope! I think they didn't even read out this award. And yep, he attended...I think some of his fans were unhappy because he didn't win anything else either....so he didn't get to go on stage? :psweatduck: 

The fans reactions have been split. Some fans are just happy they won Best Couple. Some are very disappointed not to have seen them together and MGY didn't show up. Some fans just wanted KDW to come up anyway and make a speech/accept award. 

Can't tell what I want if GAR doesn't turn up. Do you guys think it's better if they get LJW to turn up on stage and say something? (I feel like he would say something lovely about GAR sunbaenim...but his fans might be salty about her not turning up)...Or is it better if they have something planned out for Best Couple like a video or advert poster (like MBC)

13 hours ago, eNDe said:

Every year, from what I've noticed, she doesn't miss in updating a Christmas post and New Year's - although they probably be a day late. haha. It's the same for awards show she attends. I'm not sure if it's something she makes a point for year end but her posts are usually of travelling somewhere/overseas.

It's cute GAR is so festive! I guess it's also because she's religious, so this is also an extra special holiday for her :CharmanderYay:

13 hours ago, eNDe said:

He's got great potential to paint his own picture. Can't wait to see him in a very different role/genre next! Cuz that's what I like about GAR, always changing genre for the next one which I'm hoping for LJW's career. But really it's up to him of course haha. So if you're a fan, it's more exciting than if the actor/actress is being typecast.  

Yep, I agree. I think LJW does very well in bad boy roles, and as the romantic lead (as most of his projects have been romances)...but I think I would love to see him in some action role, not as a bad guy...or something like The Uncanny Counter  something with humour and heart, but like an element of badassness. I think I'd like to see him in an OCN action-y series.

For GAR, I think it'd be nice to see her try something else too, but also she has a good temperament for romances that I wouldn't be too disappointed if she did decide to do another one in the future. :wow:

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yep, I agree. I think LJW does very well in bad boy roles, and as the romantic lead (as most of his projects have been romances)...but I think I would love to see him in some action role, not as a bad guy...or something like The Uncanny Counter  something with humour and heart, but like an element of badassness. I think I'd like to see him in an OCN action-y series.

i hope LJW  would take action genre for his next drama because if his next drama also romcom, i mybe would not watch it as i still cannot move on from rarajun:letalQQ:

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, JenL said:

Can't tell what I want if GAR doesn't turn up. Do you guys think it's better if they get LJW to turn up on stage and say something? (I feel like he would say something lovely about GAR sunbaenim...but his fans might be salty about her not turning up)...Or is it better if they have something planned out for Best Couple like a video or advert poster (like MBC)

If LJW turn up, but GA doesn't turn up maybe I want at least LJW on stage and give some speech for both of them..but I hope there's no bad comments about her not coming. 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

15 minutes ago, multiloverss said:

I hope LJW  would take action genre for his next drama because if his next drama also romcom, i mybe would not watch it as i still cannot move on from rarajun

Agree with this. Bad boy and tsundere characters really suit him. I want to see him in action too (and actually when Jun miraculously show up on last minutes of ep16 with those black outfit I do really want someone to cast him for Along With the God series :heart:, maybe they could add another deity to the squad. I imagine his character will be cute but fierce maknae of the deities squad :laugh:)

1 hour ago, JenL said:

For GAR, I think it'd be nice to see her try something else too, but also she has a good temperament for romances that I wouldn't be too disappointed if she did decide to do another one in the future. 

Rom com is her favourite genre so maybe she'll do it again if there any offers. But maybe for me,.it will be hard to move on from Rara Jun haha:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Looks like the red carpet component starts in 15 mins?

Here's another promo clip of with snippets of GAR and LJW for the award. Also awkward singing by some actors in the second video (not GAR and LJW). LOL

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

I feel I am being told off by KBS about Dodosol ending:laugh:

The subtitle on the DDSSLLS part of that KBS world video (in the twitter link above) made me laugh: "Have a good cry and you'll feel better" 

I feel like that's what KBS and the writer's wanted us to do :laugh: LOL

• Haha 5